May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have good news

From Australia, My cousin daughter gave a birth baby girl, then

Bad news

My friend lost her full term pregnany baby this morning, her baby should be born this week.

I feel shiver in my spine when I heard it.

Very sad.

Scottishwee35

Deborah - how hard it is to have such bad news after such wonderful news. Prayers to both families :hug:

Hi All,
I was just checking to see if my reservations still were up, I was one of those who was having problems getting my spa reservation to stick. I would reserve it and the next day it would be gone! Very frustrating.
Anyway, We had a Cat. 11 GTY and today when I looked on our reservation, WE GOT A CABIN NUMBER!!!!!

:cool1:

I was thinking it would be some time before we got an assignment!

Check your reservations! I am off to see where my room is!

Jolene

Ok everyone...

This is my latest story... (& I'm sorry to rant, but right now, I'm pretty alone in this...

First I have to note that I don't get along with my father... VERY bad divorce and I was the one child out of the 4 that was left behind... (the others were older and in college or on their own... I was the only one at home...)

After a very bad incident whereas his wife threw a fit and went after me (for something that was so silly and foolish - I took my nephew to McDonalds and she was serving hamburgers for dinner...) and threw me out of the house... Ever since then my father and I have had a strained relationship. I had panic attacks and pains in my chest for the last 28 years so I decided to have my own life. I am very cordial and respectful when I am in his company - he turns things around and tells his version of things and I end up on the bad side of things...

So... last Thursday my brother calls my mom... They don't call me, because they think that I'm the one that left dad... and they blame me... He tells her that dad had surgery to remove a cyst... I come down to TX to visit my sister and she tells my mother - not me... that it is cancer, but that they don't know what the treatment will be.

He's 77 this year. Has more heart problems than Dr. Oz could find... along with many other health issues.

So... I've spent the last 2 nights crying because I am afraid that if I have to go to his funeral/services, whatever... someone is going to blow up at me (I do not intend to cause a scene...but I don't trust my stepmother...)

So I'm feeling pretty crappy about all of this.

Sorry I had to rant... I just don't have too many people to talk to about it...

:grouphug: :hug: Been there. As long as you know you have and are doing the right thing, don't worry about what others think. :hug: If anyone "blows up at you at a funeral, your father's or anyone's", they are the one out of line, not you. :grouphug:

Hi All,
I was just checking to see if my reservations still were up, I was one of those who was having problems getting my spa reservation to stick. I would reserve it and the next day it would be gone! Very frustrating.
Anyway, We had a Cat. 11 GTY and today when I looked on our reservation, WE GOT A CABIN NUMBER!!!!!

:cool1:

I was thinking it would be some time before we got an assignment!

Check your reservations! I am off to see where my room is!

Jolene

Still in the lifeboat!

I know I've already asked this but I didn't see a reply (maybe I missed it), but how do you get to PJ's site, or is it not for everyone (private).

PM PJ and she will send you a link. We made it private since there are photos and information that some might not like to have on a public web. But it is available to all on this thread! :thumbsup2

I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 7 and slept until the alarm at 5 this morning. Stress, too much sugar! :sad2: Caught up now, will check back in tonight.

Hey guys! I've just been on our reservation on DCL, and guess what

.......we're still GTY!!!:rotfl:

Well at least I'm glad not to be in the darned lifeboat by myself!! Does anyone know why they don't just assign you a stateroom when you book?

Well, I knew it started with an S . . .

There is a facebook page, but you have to be a member to view, and I'm not. Too old for facebook I think . . .

No such thing as too old for Facebook! Trust me, when your dd is a teen, you'll want to have your own and be friends with all of her friends, so you can keep tabs on what's going on in their world. It's quite enlightening!

Isn't there a Walmart in LA? If not then they can order on line and have it sent to the port.
Yes, there is a Walmart about 10-15 minutes from the port of L.A., and a Target even closer. There's not a lot of good public transit here, though. I have no idea if there are buses that run from the port at all. But I imagine they all share car rentals or something if they have a day off. (Do they have days off? I guess not, because the ship has to leave! Geesh, I never thought about that.)

Yes, there is a Walmart about 10-15 minutes from the port of L.A., and a Target even closer. There's not a lot of good public transit here, though. I have no idea if there are buses that run from the port at all. But I imagine they all share car rentals or something if they have a day off. (Do they have days off? I guess not, because the ship has to leave! Geesh, I never thought about that.)

In PC Disney has a bus for them to go to the store. Surely they will have one in LA too.

In PC Disney has a bus for them to go to the store. Surely they will have one in LA too.

That makes sense. Oh, btw, just FYI, I would recommend the Target over the Walmart. Much as I love Walmart, we pretty much avoid ours. The service is awful and it's always a huge mess!

You can give a Walmart or Target gift card for no more than $25. More than that is pooled for all the CM's

I thought of gift cards but I didn't know what stores they had everywhere but I guess there is a Walmart in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter