May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

I LOVE this idea.....especially the DIS green color of the fish heads.......I'm so on the floor holding my stomach laughing. I wish there was a way to find out if he'll be on board and if so, what his room number is. We really really should try to do this. It's so funny.:rotfl2:

We know he would be in a Cat 1.

Just back from swimming and what a lovely day. I took my car for repair near beach. So we left the car at the garage and walking along the path near the beach.

Then went to swimming and it was busy!!

Back home now and clean the house. Have a cup of tea now :thumbsup2

what am I missing?:confused3

me too?

Dent Dent Dent Dada....Dent Dent Dent Dada (sang to the Mission Impossible theme).....dontcha wish you knew what Gydell was talking about....dontcha. It's ok I don't either. Ha Ha Ha !!

Only kidding.....cool Gydell......good job! Glad you had a good time there with your friend and glad that you'll be home soon. Sorry it will be so short and then another trip, one you would rather not do. Hang in there, our cruise is almost here!

:lmao: oh oh our cruise is almost here :yay: :yay:

Me too. Now we all want to know who ******* is!!!:lmao:

me too :lmao:

have to go search cruise critic......

okay better have a look at it then

Scottishwee35

OK guys, I wrote a letter . . .

Instead of Tom McAlpin, I sent it to Robert.Iger@disney.com

I copied roy.disney@disney.com, Tom.mcalpin@disney.com, and steve.jobs@apple.com . . . just a guess at email addresses, we'll see what happens.

Here is the letter:

Dear Bob,

(I hope it is OK to call you Bob)

I wanted to take a moment to fill you in on some difficulties my friends and I have had with the Disney Cruise Line reservation system.

You may have heard of the "DIS" boards, where everything Disney is discussed. Several friends of mine and I are members there, and we are all booked on the Panama Canal Repositioning cruise, West Bound. This last Saturday was the 90 day mark, wherein Castaway Club members have the opportunity for a "pain free" experience (as quoted in information sent to us) in booking reservations for excursions and Palo dining. We all anxiously awaited that date to firm up our plans. We were looking forward to getting online at midnight, booking our reservations, and going to bed shortly thereafter for Disney Dreams.

To say the least, this was NOT the experience. Many spent hours and hours trying to make reservations, deprived of sleep, and still unable to get this image out of their minds, as it is now seared in their brains:

20420fish-med.jpg

If Mr. McAlpin or other DCL executive happens to make an appearance on our cruise, we may just surprise him with a shirt with the above on it.

Should you wish to read a blow by blow account, I would direct you to this page of our meet thread where the madness began:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1709944&page=212

Since this is a family site, to say the least, the comments were restrained. Fortunately, I had gone to bed because one of our cruising companions was kind enough to do the honors to try and obtain reservations for us.

There was a similar experience with this cruise last year, where Disney Cruise Line was going to charge an additional $100 per guest for passage through the Panama Canal. After many emails, and finally contact from the media, Disney finally rescinded that announcement.

Needless to say, these experiences have left a very bad taste in the mouth of many of us, all of whom are great and loyal Disney fans.

However, I am thinking that what is worse is being treated like just another dollar sign by the staff at Disney. One of the things we all felt that Disney was known for in the entertainment industry is personalized service. When we attempted to contact Disney, and Disney Cruise Line, we get responses like this:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line Vacation!

I sincerely regret the challenges you've encountered while trying to
manage your reservation online.

Recently our website has been experiencing higher volume of traffic than
usual, as our Guests are preparing for their up coming Panama Canal
cruise.

I understand your concern, and I regret that the site was not been
permitting you to manage your reservation. Thank you for bringing the
matter to our attention.

I see that you pre-reserved:
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!!!

JD
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Vacations

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and
phone number on all correspondence.

Now Bob, we are all adults, many of us professionals, and we know a form letter when we see one. Is this the kind of response that would make you happy with a company when you had voiced a concern to them? Would you have a "Magical Day" after reading that response?

The overall conclusion we have reached is that your system is greatly flawed, and in need of revamping. With two new ships coming on soon, I am sure this is not the experience you want your guests to remember. One suggestion sent to Mr. McAlpin (which was not addressed at all) was that you allow booking for these things immediately upon payment in full, thus getting the money in your hands sooner, and allowing those who do so the opportunity to book these things in a more timely and ordered fashion. It has also been noted that Disney has outsourced their IT systems such as the Disney Cruise Line web site. If this is so, the outsourcing company should be FIRED. If they cannot handle the traffic of several hundred guests trying to book reservation requests, they are not worth whatever Disney is paying them. Perhaps some consultation with your friend (and large shareholder) over at Apple, Steve Jobs would be a good idea. None of us can believe that the founder of Walt Disney, Walt himself, would have ever stood for this level of customer service.

Every one of my friends and I continue to be amazed and delighted by the level of service while onboard the Disney Magic. You all should be very proud of the job that you do, and the return business of your guests reflects this. This will be our eighth Disney cruise since 2000, and we have no interest in any other cruise line. The level of service while not on the ship is another matter, and we are extremely disappointed and wonder if this can even be the same company.

I look forward to a non form letter response. I don't care if it is just a few sentences. However, should I get the same form and canned response as others, I will not be a happy camper, and I suggest that you give a more intelligent response to those who have already written as well. If I am told to have a "Magical Day" by someone, I will then decide whether to forward the correspondence on to the individual at the Orlando Sentinel who helped us out with the $100 fiasco last year. Perhaps the only way to get Disney to respond is by going to the Media.

Until then, I will not wish you a "Magical Day", and just say that I hope to hear from you or someone in Disney Management.

Sincerely,

John W. Halkias

DCL Reservation Number xxxxxxxx
Phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx

PS - DVC Member, Disney Shareholder (yeah I know, one share framed that my wife bought me for Christmas years ago), and message being sent from my Macbook, while my 7 year old daughter watches the Disney Channel on a school snow day.

Super letter John. Hope there is a response!:cool1: :cool1:

Carol

I posted a question about poker a few days ago and no one responded. My DH is bugging me about it! Does anyone know the rules for bringing on chips? Is anyone else even interested? $10.00 or 25.00 buy in? Nothing major, just some fun games or Texas Holdem.

My DH keeps bugging me too! He REALLY wants to play poker! We have seen people playing onboard so it shouldn't be a problem.

Come on guys! Help us keep our sanity. Who will play poker with our DH's?

Hey tracy, I think we need to copy your abcs as they are really good. only question I had now was about the tracking down in B. I don't think we want to be a trackin...fish mail or not in was my guess.

Agree no trackin', put something on your fish and we will put something in it! :thumbsup2

Now THAT would be funny. What size does he wear do you think? Maybe someone should do an iron-on, and if he shows up present it to him?

Oh Tom . . . (or Tom's Lackey) are you listening? (reading?)

Oh John1, I love this! A gift for Tom. How thoughtful of us!! ;)

Hope your electricity is on soon Deb.

It is really just beautiful here and has that lovely promise of Spring to come. Makes you feel so much better.

I heard on the radio this morning that we will have some sunshine and 60 degrees BOTH weekend days!! :woohoo: :yay: I will have to break out the shorts!! ;)

OF COURSE! :thumbsup2 (though I may not actually cruise till 2010....or later on one of the new ships)

Me too....but it will be a dummy res....I already have something booked for 9/12/09 to Tortola.

I want the new ships!

Goodmorning all, another busy day here.

When I did the preliminary list, some people did not want to be a part of the gifting and did not have fish extenders. I had a total of 118 DISers, some had more than one stateroom. It's not a final count, but it will give you a good idea to get started.

hey Deb, I didn't join a fish team, I'm made something for everyone. Are other people doing individual gifts as well?

:confused3 I buy it from Watkins.

Love Watkins.

yup, I'm rebooking, don't tell Paul....

We booked 4 cruises on the last cruise, can't miss the opportunity.

Now that Saturday night is out of the way(even though we are still suffering from the after effects!!!:lmao: ) I thought I would ask How are you all getting from the port in LA to DL? Should we book a taxi type thing? Super Shuttle? Is Disney doing transfers we can book even though we didn't take the offer at booking time?
What is the best way to get from DL to LAX for our flights back home):sad1: :sad1: :sad1: ) I don't want any more stress!!:scared:

Here is the super shuttle:

http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx

I feel your cookie pain. We placed our pre-order last Monday, getting our cookies next Tuesday, oh the joy of the booths begin 2/29

Our cookie sales ended in early Dec.:yay:

When we were with the council in Illinois, they did cookies sales twice a year, fall and spring. :eek:

Uggh do you have to remind me of the booths? :rotfl: I am not a shill cookies to innocent safeway goers kinda gal. Yet there I will be. :)

We were at the grocery in Monterey doing a booth sale. We heard a voice over a pa system. "Hey Girls Scouts, Can I buy a box?" It was an armored car driver. He handed the money out the round gun port. The girls had to open the box of cookies and slide the tubes of mints throught the same hole. :rotfl:

John, I really liked the letter. I hope we get a responce for this. Saturday night was a nightmare that I do not want to go thru again. :headache:

Good morning everyone.

Just a driveby posting as I get ready to hit the icy roads for my drive in to the office. All excited about the melting but on the drive home last night, it dawned on me why it wasn't such a good thing this time of year.

Great letter John, too bad the e-mail addy didn't work.

Marilyn, my TA said that Disney will be providing bus transfers from the ship to one of the DL hotels if you are staying there. We're staying at a good neighbour hotel (BWPPI), so we are going to be taking Supershuttle (guess I'd better hurry up and book that, eh?). So you might want to check with Disney or your TA.

Well time to get ready. Will pop in again after I get home from work alter tonight.

Woody mentioned he was keeping a list - One thing I thought of is why do you have to have all shore excursions on one page - why not port by port with a drop down, that would make confirming easier than the site trying to load the entire page???? REally, ticket sites dealw ith thousands of hits when shows open up...

I would like to able to click on all the selections on my wish list, at one time and book from there. Having to go back and forth was a pain.

Yeah, I didn't even go out!

Leftovers for Sophia, and peanut butter and jelly for me!

Amy did not stock the larder with man-food like frozen pizza!

I tried the frozen broccoli and cheese, but it was blechhh.

There is stuff in the pantry, but I would actually have to cook!

One of DH's specialties is breakfast for dinner. Pancakes or waffles with sausage or bacon. :thumbsup2

We had a mini schnauzer, best dog ever!!!

We did too....and then my parents got a standard schnauzer once they moved to Argentina. The miniture schnauzer is the only type of dog I will get (if I ever do get a dog).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter