May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it won't be as bad as it was on Feb 10th. Just be prepared for the worst and if it's working fine, then you're good to go. In the end some excursions that were booked up on the 10th ended up opening up today...so don't be too worried. It'll work out fine! What excursions are you guys booking?

Truthfully I'm just worried about Palo brunch and the kids club. We have a few excursions that seem fun but no final plans yet. We are going to the butterfly farm in Aruba but we are going on our own. Any suggestions? What are you guys doing for sure?

what is this? We can't ship a box to the ship anymore? I thought it was just liquor/water being shipped that was banned.............!

I guess Noel is definitely out. I hope someone hears from her soon and lets us know that she is ok.
I have a bunch of work to catch up on....my DIS'ing is catching up with me! I spent all afternoon yesterday at the hospital doing credit card training of all things...
My car is getting me to work and home, but we'll be getting something in the near future I hope.

Jackie,

12 bottles in a case. I was originally planning to include the Banfi Rose Regale in the Champagne Girls tasting, but since there is a new RR Tasting, I will exclude it from the Champagne tasting and just ship bottles to those that want it for personal consumption on the cruise, and/or for the RR tasting. It is available onboard, but my guess is that even with shipping, it will be less expensive through us.

Karen

Karen, there is no RR tasting....so ship it with the champagne girls tasting. It was my confusion, I didn't realize that the RR was also considered a champagne or "sparkeling" wine. Let's just do everything all at one time. We're planning it for the PC crossing at 4pm......happy hour!

what is this? We can't ship a box to the ship anymore? I thought it was just liquor/water being shipped that was banned.............!

Lillygator,

It's still no foods or liquids shipped to the port. :) Anything else can be shipped.

Goodmorning all, For those of you with some really cold weather - I promise we are sending some sun your way. Is anyone on this thread doing the Minnie at WDW in May?

My mom broke a rib coughing!! :sick:

I did the same thing, they told me to wear a good bra to fix it.

Just a quick note to say that we decided to take a different trip this year. We put our toe in the water for this cruise after the May repo last year, and the price/uncertainty for a gty just did not work for us, plus a 2+ week trip was not good for work this year given that we are committed to 2 weeks for Food & Wine in the fall already (pesky work! don't they know I have Disney trips to go on?). We are using miles to go to the Big Island for 8 nights. I know you will all have a FABULOUS time and look forward to seeing old friends on a later cruise and making new ones! I know this would have been a wonderful trip, but the stars just were not in alignment for us here. Here's hoping for a really great repo the next time around. I know you will all have an incredible time. Cynthia & Jim

sorry to see you go, but have a great trip.

I'm not a CC member but really stressed out about it.

Don't worry, they will open up more opportunities for the 75 day window.

So who is doing the PV city Tour? Thinking about that one. Just been playing around with reservations, and noticed that Noel and John are now OFF our linked reservations. Looks like they are definitely not coming then.

Yes, we are doing that one. Marilyn, you guys were all over our news last night with Paul McCartney going to court. I was looking for you in the crowds.:goodvibes

Jackie, (Ibouncetoo) I love your picture (avatar) every time I see your post you look like such a friendly person that it makes me smile.
:tigger:

We want to go but I thought we were not going to be there in time. We were talking about it a few days ago but maybe I missed something.

Fine details still up in the air at the moment I think.

Milestogo - the McCartney divorce looks like it will be very interesting!!!

Now, on our Dec cruise we had the Bon Voyage banner etc in our stateroom(and cake, but we never got through that!!!:scared1: ). I brought them home, and was just thinking that the little Disney pictures at the end of all the hanging foil bits would make quite good stateroom door deccies, seeing as I am useless at doing any computer ones.

Going to have a think.

I guess I would have about 40 in all - could have a full door!!!!!

So....am I the only one who does things like this?! :confused3

My step dad emailed me today that he needed a copy of my birth cert for some paperwork he is doing for our business. No problem. Go home, into safe and find all 4 passports (phew) and scott's birth certificate. Not mine or the girls. Think for a minute and remember that during the move I put them somewhere safe so I could find them.....I cannot think of where that is and I have been tearing this house apart. :headache: Why didn't I just leave it in the safe where I knew it was? Why do I always "move things to a safer place"? Does anyone else do this and if so, can you remember where my birth certificates are?! :lmao:

One of my problems too. Put it somewhere "safe" and then can't find it. :confused3 My DH is always :lmao: at me.

Goodnight all. Gonna try to sleep. Heard another "I hate you more than anything in the world" at the most recent Tamiflu dose screaming fit. Call me mean, but no matter how sick he feels or how awful the med tastes, that's just not something I'm OK with kids saying, so he had to sit in time out. Then the "I hate you forever and ever and wish I never had to see you again" caused me to start the timer all over again. After the 3rd restarting of the timer, he finally stopped yelling and just waited it out. Good grief! Just swallow the darned medicine and it would be done with in 5 seconds, rather than a 1/2 hour ordeal! :headache: I know I sound mean, but I just don't allow such disrespect. Healthy or sick. Not OK.

BUT NOW I just feel so bad hearing Tyler's horrid cough so much. I went in his room after one awful coughing fit and asked him if he wants to come lay on the couch by me for a bit and he told me, "No, I'm just so tired". I hope he starts feeling better tomorrow, but if not, we'll do his paper chain AND he can work on his classroom valentines. Those will BOTH make him happy! :thumbsup2

Holly, you are a great Mom. All kids hate their parents and grandparents at some point in their lives. It is good to see a parent that doesn't allow disrespect. That is one thing I am always on my grandsons about. Their parents don't like disrespect but don't seem to know how to control it.

It's still out there. Just in a different part of the backyard. But yes it is a little buried right now, but won't be for long. The girls are already asking abot skating on it.

I remember the days when I was a kid and the weather here in Ohio was cold enough for us to skate on ponds. You used to be able to find ice skates all over the place. Now you are lucky if you can find them at a sports store.

Also, I've been bringing along a little nightlight that I plug in at night for those late at night trips to the bathroom. We usually stay in an inside cabin and behind those curtains it gets pitch black especially since DH has a nasty habit of putting a towel under the doorstop so ABSOLUTELY no light gets in. I had enough after DH stubbed his toe in the middle of the night and blamed me for it. OH those battery operated tap lights work too but sometimes they are glaringly bright after being pitch black.

Anyone else with this trouble?

I keep a night light in my cosmetic travel bag for just this reason. Some hotels have them but I like to have my own just in case.

So who is doing the PV city Tour? Thinking about that one.

Just been playing around with reservations, and noticed that Noel and John are now OFF our linked reservations. Looks like they are definitely not coming then.

They are off ours as well. I hope Carol hears something from them soon.

They are off ours too. I, too, hope that there is nothing seriously wrong. :scared: I am waiting to see if I get an answer to my snail mail. :sad2:

No plans for breakfast, though long ago someone mentioned organizing a group breakfast thru the Hyatt. I think I'm going to set aside a wad of money for room service that morning. I'm an early riser (unless we party in the hotel lounge too long), so I'll want some tea and a bit of something early on so I can have plenty of room for lunch on the ship.

We are doing room service in our room. We want to be on the first bus out along with the other Disers.:banana: :cool1:

Lisa, do you have an approximate count of staterooms yet? :confused3 I know that people are still coming on board but I would like an approximate count so that I can check on pricing for our Fish Extender gift to give to the others in my group.

Carol

Thats what we are planning on too. I WILL be on the first bus. ;)

That is really what I meant to say! What time are you planning on being down in the lobby? All of us that are GOING :) :banana: to be on that first ought to arrange a meeting place.

Carol

Lisa, do you have an approximate count of staterooms yet? :confused3 I know that people are still coming on board but I would like an approximate count so that I can check on pricing for our Fish Extender gift to give to the others in my group.

Carol

Have all the people indicated they were participating in the Fish Extenders?

OK...

SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED...

WE FLEW INTO HOUSTON TONIGHT... STOPOVER IN BALTIMORE... A BIT ROUGH... PRAYED A FEW TIMES (GOD AND I ARE GETTING VERY CLOSE THIS TRIP AND I AM ALREADY FRIENDS WITH MANY SAINTS...)

MY SISTER PICKED US UP - LUCKILY AT THE AIRPORT CLOSE TO HER HOUSE BECAUSE MY NEPHEW WHO WE WERE HERE TO SURPRISE WAS ALREADY STARTING TO CALL FOR A PICK UP FROM SCHOOL.

HE'S IN THE DRAMA THEATER PROGRAM AND BEAT OUT ALL THE JUNIORS AND SENIORS FOR THE LEAD IN THE HIGH SCHOOL PLAY!!!!

MY MOM AND I GOT THIS CRAZY IDEA THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO COME DOWN AND SEE HIM PERFORM IN PERSON - I WANTED TO SURPRISE HIM - SNEAK INTO THE THEATER AND SIT IN THE BACK, BUT MY SISTER TALKED ME INTO COMING A FEW DAYS EARLY AND IT WAS A GOOD IDEA SEEING AS I WAS AFRAID HE WOULD SEE ME AND FORGET EVERY LINE HE WAS TO UTTER IN THE PLAY...

WELL HE WAS CALLING AND TEXTING AND WE'RE RUNNING LIKE CRAZY DOWN THE HIGHWAY TO GET TO HIM AND WHEN WE GOT TO THE SCHOOL, I GOT OUT AND STOOD BY THE TRUNK OF THE CAR WAITING FOR HIM TO COME OUT.

HE STEPPED OUT OF THE THEATER DOOR...

I SAID... "HEY STRANGER..."

HE STOPPED DEAD IN HIS TRACKS AND LITERALLY SCREAMED

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???????????" :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :goodvibes

& THEN HE DROPPED TO THE GROUND.

NOT INTO DRAMA IS HE?????

I BENT DOWN AND WHISPERED TO HIM...

"WE CAME TO SEE YOU STAR IN THE PLAY!!!"

I PICKED HIM UP AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THE KID NEARLY TACKLED ME TO THE GROUND!!!

SHOCKED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT....

I THINK HE'S STILL IN SHOCK :scared:

(I DID MAKE HIM GIVE ME THE FIRST LINE OF THE SCRIPT OVER DINNER SO I KNEW HE STILL REMEMBERED HIS LINES...)

SO I GUESS I'M STILL AUNT OF THE YEAR...:hippie:

I WILL BE SITTING IN THE FRONT ROW (I WAS TOLD I MUST BE!!!)

AND WILL POST AT LEAST ONE PICTURE HERE WHEN I GET THE CHANCE!!!

(OH, AND I BROUGHT HIM HIS FAVORITE COOKIES...) :goodvibes

Great story!!

Question for those who have had a Hot Stone Massage.
Are there alot of oils and things used? I have sensitive skin and can't use alot of smelly good things.

I love the Hot Stone - but if you have allergies - I do to lavender - then speak to them and they will adjust.

BTW - it is a lovely treatment.

When I did the preliminary list, some people did not want to be a part of the gifting and did not have fish extenders. I had a total of 118 DISers, some had more than one stateroom. It's not a final count, but it will give you a good idea to get started.

I PM'd somebody about this but I've sent so many PMs over the last few days that I've lost track! So I figured I'd post my questions here instead. Maybe I'm not the only confused newbie!

I read through the article on fish extenders and it really sounds like fun, but I'm still a little confused! Do we get put in a group and just put gifts in those people's extenders, or do the groups take turns putting gifts in everyone's, or what? How do people know how many gifts to bring along? Do you just look for doors with extenders, or are you given a list?

And how do you actually sign up?

And what's the difference between Fish Mail and the Secret Mickeys?

Could you give me a really basic explanation (for someone who's never heard of it before? (I don't need the instructions on how to make one, just how to use them!)

I'm really feeling "simple" here, but I figure asking is the best way to find out!

Thanks so much!:surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter