May 1, 2016 - Magic 7 nt cruise!

I asked on main board:

-one embarked on Mother's Day and nothing special was done

-one was on mid cruise and only thing done was flower towel animal with pink chocolates. The meet had their own luncheon at tritons that day

Has anyone booked flights yet? I've been looking at flights but I am nervous that I am looking to early. I don't want to jump the gun and buy tickets now in case there are better deals later in the year. I am hoping to find a better time for our return home as well.

I took a quick look at flights the other day...was not too pleased about what I found. It was about $100 more per person than I had thought/anticipated. I'm hoping that it is because it's too early. We are not ready to purchase yet but hope for a price drop in the next few months!

Where are you coming from ELomond? Are you planning on flying in the day before or the day of?

I know MANY people frown at flying in the day of, but that's our plan. Coming from Arizona we've had much success with taking a red eye the night prior and arriving in FL early morning (usually before 7AM) the day of. We've never had a problem with it and figure even if our flights were delayed a bit we would still have time to make it to the ship.

~Jenny

I took a quick look at flights the other day...was not too pleased about what I found. It was about $100 more per person than I had thought/anticipated. I'm hoping that it is because it's too early. We are not ready to purchase yet but hope for a price drop in the next few months!

Where are you coming from ELomond? Are you planning on flying in the day before or the day of?

I know MANY people frown at flying in the day of, but that's our plan. Coming from Arizona we've had much success with taking a red eye the night prior and arriving in FL early morning (usually before 7AM) the day of. We've never had a problem with it and figure even if our flights were delayed a bit we would still have time to make it to the ship.

~Jenny

Hi Jenny,
We are flying from LA and the thought of taking a red eye with a 3 and 6 year old gives me chills. We are planning on flying in the day before so far the cheapest I have found from LAX to MCO is about $430-$450 but the only flight back is coming back at 5:00pm or 5:30pm. We even planned a day at Magic Kingdom and are planning on flying back on a Tuesday and the flights back are still at either 9am or 5pm. A few years ago when we took a cruise on the Fantasy I found a flight coming back at 2pm and that was even a long wait. It seemed like we were at the airport forever. I just don't remember when I started looking. The fact that you all can take a red eye that's GREAT! That way you save on an extra hotel day. How do your kids do on these red eye flights?

Last edited:
Just booked this cruise and am super excited!!!!!
I have a 5 and 6 year old and would love for them to be able to do the FE. Has anyone found any groups for our cruise to join for it?

Hello AraujoFamily

I haven't seen any posts regarding FE and I have been waiting for the same thing. Maybe it's too early?? I am not sure when FE groups start to form, I would think that when there are enough people interested. I have a 3 and 6 year old and during our last cruise it was the highlight of the cruise for them. Maybe in a month or so there will be more people interested in creating a group.

Hi Jenny,
We are flying from LA and the thought of taking a red eye with a 3 and 6 year old gives me chills. We are planning on flying in the day before so far the cheapest I have found from LAX to MCO is about $430-$450 but the only flight back is coming back at 5:00pm or 5:30pm. We even planned a day at Magic Kingdom and are planning on flying back on a Tuesday and the flights back are still at either 9am or 5pm. A few years ago when we took a cruise on the Fantasy I found a flight coming back at 2pm and that was even a long wait. It seemed like we were at the airport forever. I just don't remember when I started looking. The fact that you all can take a red eye that's GREAT! That way you save on an extra hotel day. How do your kids do on these red eye flights?

you know, my family lives in florida, and lately airline prices have been in the $400 range. i might try to sign up for travelocity farewatcher or one of the airlines i use might have a farewatcher that way i can get email alerts when there are sales. i used to be signed up then i moved to a different state and havent signed up again. just an idea

red eye people - won't you be exhausted for your first day on cruise?? I took a redeye once and swore never to do it again!! LOL

PS. TPA (Tampa) is about two hours away. if you are renting a car that COULD be an alternative.....

My family and I booked this cruise during our last cruise this May! We almost went with the same itinerary on the Fantasy a week later, but we could get a better room for the same price. This will be my 2nd time on the Magic post update but will be my parents' first time. Not sure what they will think of this ship compared to the Dream and Fantasy.

welcome ptted! I am sure they will love the Magic just fine but it seems like whichever class is one's first class of DCL ship then that is the one they favor. But yall will be on a Disney ship! What's not to love aobut that?!

Hi everyone! We booked this back in April. This is our 11th Disney cruise! We are excited to see what they changed on the Magic! It will be me, DH, DD 9, DS 7! Also, our friends are going too. We would like to join the FE's!

Lisa

Booked yesterday ~ have 2 sons that will be 8 at sail time! Looking forward to meeting you!

We are new to Disney cruising and I have read a little bit about fish extenders...Can anyone here give me more information about how it works? Rules? Favorite gifts? Ect... Also is this forum where it will be organized?

From what I can tell I think it would be something really fun and make the trip extra special for the girls!

We would like to do the FE as well. Had a great time the first cruise we took! I hope we can get it set up, or I can try to get it started ~ perhaps with someone's help.

Just booked this cruise and am super excited!!!!!
I have a 5 and 6 year old and would love for them to be able to do the FE. Has anyone found any groups for our cruise to join for it?

Hoping to find one or create one as well. We have twin 8 year olds and an 11 year old that will be with us, plus it's fun for adults as well! :)

Hello AraujoFamily

I haven't seen any posts regarding FE and I have been waiting for the same thing. Maybe it's too early?? I am not sure when FE groups start to form, I would think that when there are enough people interested. I have a 3 and 6 year old and during our last cruise it was the highlight of the cruise for them. Maybe in a month or so there will be more people interested in creating a group.

Are you guys in a group yet? We want to be in too! We had a blast with it last time!

someone want to start FE go ahead and start one! (I dont do it so I won't be the leader LOL)

I will start it with help from someone :) I am not sure where to do so, as the only time I was involved was on another private page. Advice? I will be gone most of the rest of the day, but have a free day tomorrow. Just let me know.

Hello, we just booked this cruise today so add another 2 to this sailing :earsboy: , and just found out 2 of our friends will be booking this cruise tomorrow. Agree with the previous posts, there will be more activity once we get closer to the sail date. Looking forward to this as it will be our first sailing on the Magic.

I'm the other half to saratoga75's party ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo. We are beyond excited for this cruise and are looking forward to planning our trip! We will be following along with this thread!!

Welcome Saratoga and Tinkerbell! Where are you guys traveling from?

I just took another look at flights and they dropped almost $150 per person for what we're looking for!!! Yay! I'm doing a happy dance over here! It's too soon for us to buy just yet but I'm glad prices are now more in line with what I thought they were going to be.

Nice to save a few bucks now that we will have to up our drink budget...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter