May 1, 2016 - Magic 7 nt cruise!

Hi everyone! We booked this back in April. This is our 11th Disney cruise! We are excited to see what they changed on the Magic! It will be me, DH, DD 9, DS 7! Also, our friends are going too. We would like to join the FE's!

Lisa

316 days!!!!

Wow 11 dis cruises!!! Lucky!! I've only done one but it brings me such happy memories. It was also on magic, pre furb.

(Haven't actually put deposit down yet but I'm hoping to soon!!)

Never been to Tortola
Here is a little blurb about

Tortola and most of the British Virgin Islands are mountainous, and while they boast verdant-green hills, the climate and vegetation are much drier than many Caribbean isles. In Tortola, cactus and succulents are more common than ferns, and rushing streams and waterfalls are virtually nonexistent. The dry climate of the islands has a beneficial side effect: because of the lack of runoff, the water clarity is dependably higher than many other places in the Caribbean.

For that reason, Tortola and the BVI are a popular destination for divers and snorkelers. The protective effect of the islands surrounding Tortola causes the seas to be calm most of the time, making the region an attractive destination for those prone to motion sickness during small-boat excursions. The steady winds and calm seas also make Tortola and the BVI one of the world's premier yachting regions. Sailing excursions should be at the top of every interested visitor's list.

A visit to Tortola also offers a chance to experience other islands in the BVI chain. These include Norman Island, Jost Van Dyke, Peter Island, Marina Cay and Virgin Gorda. All are within reach for a day trip from Tortola, assuming you have a full day in port. This is not the case on all itineraries, so be sure to check ferry and ship schedules carefully before departing.

One of Tortola's greatest attributes is the genuinely friendly attitude of its residents. The island is safe and crime-free. It's not unusual to find yachts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars docked in marinas with keys visible in the ignitions.

We are new to Disney cruising and I have read a little bit about fish extenders...Can anyone here give me more information about how it works? Rules? Favorite gifts? Ect... Also is this forum where it will be organized?

From what I can tell I think it would be something really fun and make the trip extra special for the girls!

Hello everyone,
Just signed on today to see how many people were already talking about their cruise and also to see if I was the only crazy one excited about a cruise that is almost a year away. We booked this cruise while on our Alaska cruise on the Wonder. Alaska was wonderful but I was missing the warm sun and sand on my feet.

I saw that "Hernandez family" was asking about Fish Extenders. You can just google it and you will find so much information on the topic. If you ever surf Pintrest you will also find some really great ideas that other cruisers did. This last cruise was our first time participating in the FE and my kids absolutely loved it.

303 days away! Time is actually flying! I need to save up some more! Lol.

Haven't even begun to look at excursions yet. Haven't been to castaway cay so I've been trying to keep up with things to do in those posts: bike ride, snorkel, float, eat

Haven't even begun to look at excursions yet. Haven't been to castaway cay so I've been trying to keep up with things to do in those posts: bike ride, snorkel, float, eat

We made that stop while on the Fantasy back in 2014. We were so excited to visit Castaway but that was the only day we got a major storm. We thought we could rough it out in the rain because we were going to get wet anyway but our 2 and 5 year old kids didn't think the same way. o_O It was raining side ways that day. We are hoping that this time around we will be able to enjoy everything they have to offer.

Aw that stinks about the storm. Guess you never know!

Is there a menu online anywhere about the food on CC?

Hello

New to cruising period. My father passed away and instead of using my the money I inherited on bills my wife and I decided he'd want me to blow it on a vacation of a lifetime for his grandkids (5 & 8) so it's all booked. We are extremely excited. Any tips would be awesome! Also don't know if anyone realizes that we return on Mother's Day. I wonder if Disney will do anything special.

Sorry for the loss of your father Krzyman. What a great way to honor him and his memory by making lasting memories with your family!

I did not realize we returned on Mothers Day! It would be nice if they at least made mention of it. Although for me any and everyday on a cruise is like Mother's Day...no cooking or cleaning! That's all I need!

~Jenny

Hello

New to cruising period. My father passed away and instead of using my the money I inherited on bills my wife and I decided he'd want me to blow it on a vacation of a lifetime for his grandkids (5 & 8) so it's all booked. We are extremely excited. Any tips would be awesome! Also don't know if anyone realizes that we return on Mother's Day. I wonder if Disney will do anything special.

Sorry to hear about your father passing away. You will love the cruise and the kids will also love it. You must book a dinner or brunch (or both) to the adult only restaurant PALO. This will be our 4th cruise and we've booked some time away from the kids to this restaurant on all cruises. The food is amazing. You pay a bit extra (I want to say $25???) but totally worth every penny.

We are booked and it will be our first DC. Coming with DH and DD (7). We just got home from three days at Disneyland and I'm already looking forward to the cruise.

Welcome Abwmpa!

I've been busy searching some details, excursions, transfers, flights ect...it's still early but I just love the planning part! It's been pretty quiet on here lately. Anyone else still as excited as I am?

Any good news Gumbypee? Have you officially booked yet?

~Jenny

290 days!!!

Sad to say I'm not officially booked. Somehow my paperwork got lost for the raise and they are working on it. Argh!

I do want palo brunch this time if I can. I believe it is $30.

Sorry about the loss of your father kryzman, but awesome way of spending inheritance! You gotta enjoy life and a dis cruise is a great way to do it. Any cruising questions just ask away!

As for Mother's Day I doubt they will do anything for us (just my thoughts) bc disembarkation day is so crazy hectic....?!

A few tips:

-there are two dining times in main dining rooms: 530 ish and 8:15 ish. Depending on your time zone and kid eating time you can try to pick time, earlier more popular.

- room service mostly free plus tip. Candy and cans of coke have charge I believe

-there is a coke machine on pool deck for free and in dining rooms it is free (this is a Disney perk)

- read your navigators every night!!! Thoroughly. They list all the following day activities and character meets etc

-port excursions. You can book through anyone BUT if you book through Disney (generally more expensive option) the ship won't leave without you if for some reason your excursion is late or THEY will pay to get you to next port. It is rare but it could happen. Everyone has own opinion on this but I personally consider higher Disney price as insurance.

-there may be a character breakfast but I think the new thing is to get tickets for it (free) when you board ship

-also some meet and greets are ticketed (free) but you have to get tix when board ship

-recommend when you board ship to get your tix first then grabblunch

-rooms usually not ready u til 1:30 but bags may not arrive until later that afternoon. Can wear swimsuit underneath clothes to hit pool when boarding

Those are a few tips for the new cruiser :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter