Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

Just to add to this Jan 17 to Jan 24 from Halifax is 836.48 CAD taxes in for 2. Still way up from the 658 cdn taxes in (for 2) observed a month ago ...

Allegiant has a few $59.00 fares out of Bangor to Sanford. Example if leave on Jan 22nd and return Feb 1 the total return fare is $151.38. Take a carry on bag and no advance seat selection for this fare.

BANGOR,ME (BGR) to ORLANDO/SANFORD,FL (SFB)
Departing: Fri, Jan 22 1:05 pm FLT# 760
Returning: Mon, Feb 1 9:25 am FLT# 759

Trip Price = $119.98
Taxes & Fees = $31.40

Total Cost $151.38

Allegiant had $20.10 fares from Bangor to Sanford, end of April - first part of May listed this morning. I was about to jump on it however they put their return fares up from $109 to $179+. After adding all their fees it wasn't worth it. We've been going back and fourth between Airtran and Jetblue out of Portland for MONTHS - that is until today.

Instead we jumped on the Air Canada sale...$338 ($449 taxes, fees incl) NON-STOP out of Halifax or MCO :cool1: After we factored in gas, hotel for one night, a couple of meals out of Portland we would have only saved roughly $500 for our family of five...plus the 8 hour drive both ways. We're looking very forward to the 40 minutes instead :goodvibes

I've never seen such a good rate out of Halifax to MCO! Last time we flew out of Boston and saved over $2000..so it was worth it!

RainbowsMist ... I went through Portland with 2 adults 3 kids my costs for park stay and fly were 250 US (5 person room ... embassy suites), gas I use a proxy of $100 cdn each way, plus food $150US both ways total plus evening

So $600 to $700 cdn would my proxy for my costs (others could do this cheaper) ... so add on air for $250 US each and your $500 in saving is close ...

Under the right circumstance traveling from Maine is very good, but when tickets from YHZ get in that $400 to $500 range ... I opt for YHZ

In June I travel to Texas and so far Portland is my only option unless I find a flight from YHZ to DFW for $400 Taxes in.

Ted, this is really OT, but can you explain to me how to change my vacation ticker at the bottom of the page? Any help is appreciated. When I look at it in days, it looks better than 3 months.

it should be "clickable" ... that's how I update mine. You could have a problem with the way your signature shows ... that may need to be fixed.

Ted

If anyone sees an airfare sales in the US please let me know.

I'm looking for one way from PWM to MCO May 23rd = or - (currently I see between $94 to 104 US plus taxes)

Also mco to dwf and dwf to pwm ... all one way.

Trying to piggy back a trip to Disney on a trip to Texas.

We ended up booking our trip in March through Air Canada (Halifax-Montreal-Orlando) for $139 pp each way.

We ended up booking our trip in March through Air Canada (Halifax-Montreal-Orlando) for $139 pp each way.

Wow that is GREAT!! :thumbsup2
I HATE flying so non stop is the only way for me. I wish I enjoyed it..it would make things much more flexible :sad2:

We are flying with Continental on Feb 27 from Moncton to MCO and coming back to Moncton on March 9 from MCO. Total cost for 2 adults and 2 children was $1300 Cdn. We have one stop in Newark. I originally booked the trip from Bangor but since Continental stopped flying from Bangor they switched me to fly from Moncton instead! :banana: Sounds good to me it's a much shorter drive.
We have always flown from Bangor to Orlando so I'm not sure about this but someone told me that if I am flying from Canada when I get to Newark I have to go to baggage claim and collect my luggage and take it through customs. This sounds crazy to me but who knows! :confused3 When I fly out of Bangor I don't see my luggage again until the resort and WDW. Any info on this would be great. I don't want to leave my luggage in Newark!!!!

If anyone sees a sale from either Halifax or Moncton to MCO in late May (i.e 22, 23 or 24) please drop me a PM.

I see 1,786 (taxes in) via AC for 4 people, but looking for at least 300 or 400 off this ...

Ted

looks like ill be taggin an extra day on. on travelocity for four of us one way direct from hali its around 854 on air transat. altho when i check their site its 1410 for the same flight! so if i book with them and tack on one nite at value it'll still be cheaper!

so this route will be around 1600 round trip for four of us. make that 1700 with a one nite extra stay at asmovies.

Okay ... thought I'd start a thread to track air fares from the East Coast to Orlando. So if you see something out there, please post it. The more details the better.

Examples

Portland Maine PWM to MCO Feb 6 to Feb 16th.
2 Adults 2 kids
No bag fees
Stop over in JFK
Total cost of flight $961.60 USD
So $240 US each person taxes in.

fare from jetblue.com

Special cost notes I will add: Need a stay park and fly, since flight leaves 6am., estimated cost of $200 USD for this.

- - - -- - - - - - - - -

We are driving to Portland flying to Orlando, May 1-15 round trip, with Delta cost me $1080.19 canadian for 5 people. got my 14 days park n fly for $129 US, the count down is on we are very excited. I think I can take carry ons as well since we are in the US already.

We are driving to Portland flying to Orlando, May 1-15 round trip, with Delta cost me $1080.19 canadian for 5 people. got my 14 days park n fly for $129 US, the count down is on we are very excited. I think I can take carry ons as well since we are in the US already.

Did you check into AirTran before booking because they have nonstop flights on Saturday's from Portland to Orlando?

Departing: Saturday, May 01, 2010 Earn 1 A+ credit $94.00 - Coach
Portland, ME (PWM) to Orlando, FL (MCO) Flight 798
1:25 PM 4:31 PM

Returning: Saturday, May 15, 2010 Earn 1 A+ credit $84.00 - Coach
Orlando, FL (MCO) to Portland, ME (PWM) Flight 799
9:52 AM 12:45 PM

Total $997.00US including taxes

If anyone sees a sale from either Halifax or Moncton to MCO in late May (i.e 22, 23 or 24) please drop me a PM.

I see 1,786 (taxes in) via AC for 4 people, but looking for at least 300 or 400 off this ...

Ted

Ted, I see a good deal with AirTran from Portland leaving May 22nd or 23rd and returning May 30th. Flights are nonstop and $84.00 one way. Total for 4 people is $757.60 including taxes.

Departing: Sunday, May 23, 2010 Earn 1 A+ credit $84.00 - Coach
Portland, ME (PWM) to Orlando, FL (MCO) Flight 798
12:35 PM 3:41 PM

Returning: Sunday, May 30, 2010 Earn 1 A+ credit $84.00 - Coach
Orlando, FL (MCO) to Portland, ME (PWM) Flight 799
8:54 AM 11:49 AM

That $84 fare is very tempting .... I'm still hoping for a flight from YHZ.

This is the plan for 2 adults 2 kids
YHZ to MCO May 23rd + or - a day (runs about $900 cdn)
MCO to DFW June 1st + or - a day (runs about $500 cdn)
DFW to YHZ June 8th + or - a day (runs about $1000 cdn)

If this can't get the above plan below $2000 cdn for 4 with everything in, then it becomes a PWM departure.

PWM to MCO May 23rd + or - a day (runs about $400 cdn)
MCO to DFW June 1st + or - a day (runs about $500 cdn)
DFW to PWM June 7th + or - a day (runs about $500 cdn)
Add hotel 2 night, plus 14 days parking (allocated $250 cdn for this)
Gas, food for 2 travel days ( allocated $200 for this)
Comes in at $1850 cdn

I think we are going to stay at the Howard Johnson near the airport $75 incl park n fly for 7 days.

We booked a last minute trip down, and got direct flights on Allegiant out of Bangor for 6 people at $1028. :cool1: VERY happy with this rate, and enjoy not driving even further to Portland. Hopefully the weather gets nice and warm down there in the next 2 weeks!

Try not to panic, but my options from YHZ just took a major hit .. fares from and to Texas went crazy.

From pwm things still seem reasonable - approx 50% of the YHZ cost

Holding on .... til next week, trying not to Panic Buy. :eek: hoping a sale starts next week ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter