Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

Leave PWM @ 1400 stop in Newark, land in MCO 2300

Back MCO @ 0800 stop in Newark, land in PWM 1330

continetal has sale out of hali on the 16th of april leaving at 632ish...337 pp but theres 2 stops getting you to mco at 4:59. sadly the day will be gone. i nearly booked it!!! the rest seem to be around 477...its dropepd about 100$ since i started watching it.

I see what you mean .. I used the flexible date search and there are whole bunch of 317 cdn plus taxes departures on tues, wed or thurs ..... works out to around $420 with taxes in. Not bad ...

just got off with my ta and she passed along a bit of insider info. all my continental seats are now gone: ( . she said thats common end of day. she also informed me they put the prices up in the evenings and that continental seems to be unreliable as of late leaving hali. they seem to be cancelling an awful lot of flights/ postponing them by hours.

Cancel .... hope not ... since I fly with them in March. Would not be good ... :scared1: Will give everyone an evaluation of my flight with them when I return.

I've flown with Continental plenty out of Halifax. Have had no issue with them but it was a few yesars ago. They even give you a bad sandwich between here and Newark. Now Newark can screw up schedules with delays etc. It's a busy place.

I don't know if there are free bags with these guys or not?

I've flown with Continental plenty out of Halifax. Have had no issue with them but it was a few yesars ago. They even give you a bad sandwich between here and Newark. Now Newark can screw up schedules with delays etc. It's a busy place.

I don't know if there are free bags with these guys or not?

we didnt get the icky sandwhich there we got a yucky banana muffin thent he sandwhich form newark to orlando....the muffin was like eating drywall...yuck!!! lol

they have fees in place i think first one free then 20 or 25 for each thereafter. however we lucked out leaving hali sept 30th- the lady waived our baggage fees sicne we had the kids with us! yippieee!!! on the way home it was 60 bucks us for 4 bags. so it makes no sense really.

just booked my return flight via continental. 750 canadian april 30th for 2 adults and 2 kids. thats taxes in and with 2 stops- that should be interesteing. we leave at 11 and get into hali at midnight. i had a 200$ voucher from them for damaging my stroller on our return flight.

looking at west jet to get down there. ive pulled up 1000 for all of us. to make it roughly 1800. in the fall it was close to 2500.

Finally booked return. April 11, 2010 MCO tp YHZ direct with AC for $440, 2 adults. Round trip works out to just under $500. That is less than we paid last year with Transat Holidays. Leaving March 30, returning April 11th. Happy with this price.

I didn't post that very well. We paid $189. YHZ to MCO with a stop in Toronto. $205. MCO to YHZ, direct. Total for 2 round trips was around $1000. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

no problem. This thread is about sharing info! The more we learn the better! thanks! :santa:

I didn't post that very well. We paid $189. YHZ to MCO with a stop in Toronto. $205. MCO to YHZ, direct. Total for 2 round trips was around $1000. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

We booked the same deal, like the idea of not having to worry about a drive to the US to get a flight when the weather may be iffy. :beach:

Just looked at Allegiant out of Bangor and they are selling some flights one way to Orlando in April and May for $25!! Return flight is $209 for most dates but perhaps you could find a way back cheaper on Delta? Haven't checked that yet....

Oh! Just changed destination to Tampa and bam......@25 return too....man this is tempting...only this is they seem to automatically charge you $13.99 each way for the seat! What's up with that?

Oh! Just changed destination to Tampa and bam......@25 return too....man this is tempting...only this is they seem to automatically charge you $13.99 each way for the seat! What's up with that?

I just logged in and tried some dates - no $25 flights popped up :confused3

I just logged in and tried some dates - no $25 flights popped up :confused3

You're right...they are gone :sad1: Last night they had dates the end of April and mid May for $25. I know I wasn't seeing things since someone on the Transportation Board spotted them too.

Guess it was one of those quick midnight booking sales I'd heard of but never seen before. Perhaps because it was Christmas Day? I've signed up for their emails but have never gotten one.

Hopefully they do it again and I get all my ducks in a row BEFORE I spot the sale!

You're right...they are gone :sad1: Last night they had dates the end of April and mid May for $25. I know I wasn't seeing things since someone on the Transportation Board spotted them too.

Guess it was one of those quick midnight booking sales I'd heard of but never seen before. Perhaps because it was Christmas Day? I've signed up for their emails but have never gotten one.

Hopefully they do it again and I get all my ducks in a row BEFORE I spot the sale!

i saw them too! and was hoping my dates were one of them...no go...still on the hunt for tickets down there...west jet rite not is 169pp for a total of 1001 for four of us one way.

Jetblue out of Portland is the way to go if you can get good fares. We paid $775.00 CDN for 3 return tickets from PWM to MCO in November, 2009. Air Canada from our home in Charlottetown, PEI was over $2,400.00 CDN. Even factoring in the cost to drive, eat and stay overnight in Portland ME we were still in over $1,200.00 CDN.

Jetblue's service is wonderful and Air Canada could learn a lot from them on how to run an airline. My wife feels that from now on we'll drive to Maine to catch a flight as it is so much cheaper and in many ways just as convenient as flying from Canada ( no routing through dirty old Montreal Airport).

Hope you have a great time at Disney!!!!

I was just checking out Jan 17-23 from Portland to Tampa flying AirTran and the cost was $390 US for 2 of us...approx $430 Cdn.

The same dates flying from Moncton on Continental was approx $980 Cdn

$550 difference - but you have to factor in the return drive, parking, food, gas and additional 2 days of vacation time used up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter