Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

Anyone flown out of Bangor, like Allegiant Air?

I looked at it but when I was looking for their arrival times were pretty late and the days they flew was pretty limited. I did however screw up on Christmas Eve when they were selling tickets at $24 and instead of hitting "BUY" I mentally hit "hmmmmm". Should have bought them and made it work....oh well, lesson learned.

Bangor and Alligient would be fine if you were planning to rent a car. Bangor is a nice small airport, but I've never been to sandford.

Halifax Stanfield Welcomes Service to Philadelphia with US Airways

Halifax, N.S. – Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA) today announced new air service between Halifax and Philadelphia with US Airways. The new service will operate three times daily beginning on June 1, 2010. This marks US Airways’ first service to Halifax.
“We are very pleased to welcome US Airways to our community,” says Tom Ruth, HIAA President & CEO. “This announcement is great news for air travellers, and the Atlantic Canadian economy as a whole, and demonstrates our commitment to expanding air service in Halifax,” he says.

The year-round daily service to Halifax will be operated by US Airways Express partner Air Wisconsin on a 50-seat CRJ-200 regional jet. The non-stop service will depart Halifax at 7:40 a.m., 1:15 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.

“This new service to Philadelphia, three times a day, will provide both business and leisure travellers with more options, more choice, and direct access to another key U.S. market and major airline hub,” says Jerry Staples, HIAA Vice President Marketing & Business Development. “We have been working with US Airways on this route development for some time and are delighted to see it become a reality,” he says.

US Airways, along with US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates more than 3,000 flights per day and serves more than 190 communities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Central and South America.

-30-

Seems US Airways still doesn't recognize the routing even after you input a date after June 1. Will be excited to have another airline flying from YHZ. And Star Alliance so more Aeroplan points :)

Halifax, N.S. – Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA) today announced new air service between Halifax and Philadelphia with US Airways. The new service will operate three times daily beginning on June 1, 2010. This marks US Airways’ first service to Halifax.
“We are very pleased to welcome US Airways to our community,” says Tom Ruth, HIAA President & CEO. “This announcement is great news for air travellers, and the Atlantic Canadian economy as a whole, and demonstrates our commitment to expanding air service in Halifax,” he says.

The year-round daily service to Halifax will be operated by US Airways Express partner Air Wisconsin on a 50-seat CRJ-200 regional jet. The non-stop service will depart Halifax at 7:40 a.m., 1:15 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.

“This new service to Philadelphia, three times a day, will provide both business and leisure travellers with more options, more choice, and direct access to another key U.S. market and major airline hub,” says Jerry Staples, HIAA Vice President Marketing & Business Development. “We have been working with US Airways on this route development for some time and are delighted to see it become a reality,” he says.

US Airways, along with US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates more than 3,000 flights per day and serves more than 190 communities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Central and South America.

-30-

AirTransat has lowered some of their fares again

Halifax to Orlando return, tax included $326.61

valid on the following dates:

Mar 23 - 30
Mar 30 - Apr 06
Apr 06 - 13
Apr 13 - 20

Wish I could go...

I was on AirTransat's site and it looks like it stops flying in mid-May...no summer flights?

I think AirTransat is a pretty seasonal airline. I'm hoping for decent priced flights with them for my November trip but I think I'm going to be out of luck since I doubt they will have started up for the "fly to where it's warmer" season by then.

Just checking out flights with Airtransat April 13-20 Tues-Tues flights for 4 people (incl 2 children)$1264.44 CRAZY Good price. Wish We were going now. I wonder how their seat sales are for the end of September and when they are announced.

Just booked for Nov 11th to Nov 20th from Portland to MCO for 380.82 for 2 adults taxes in.

Will need to pay $15/each for checked baggage. Even got a direct flight for our return flight.

Just booked for Nov 11th to Nov 20th from Portland to MCO for 380.82 for 2 adults taxes in.

Will need to pay $15/each for checked baggage. Even got a direct flight for our return flight.

Wow.. that's very good.. beats me.

I booked with J/B out of PWM for June 1 to June 9.

1 Checked bag included

Direct Flights both ways..

$464.25 Canadian Dollars all in..for two travelers.

The big selling point for me was direct flights both ways.

They have some great fares for their first week operating out of Halifax. $473 return to Orlando for June 3 to 12th. And they fly 3 times a day, every day. I may have to look at them in the fall as we usually fly with Continental.

-30-

They have some great fares for their first week operating out of Halifax. $473 return to Orlando for June 3 to 12th. And they fly 3 times a day, every day. I may have to look at them in the fall as we usually fly with Continental.

Woo-hoo!! Thanks for posting this!

Is that including taxes??

More competition is always better....especially way out here in the Nova Scotian boonies... :)

I'm going to chech with them when we go for cruise May 2011 (or before if I can swing it as well ;) )

Yep, taxes in, US dollars. They are also one of the airlines that comes up with an Expedia search so I've gotten them in combination with other airlines on one itinerary for a bit of a cheaper fare.

Their fares for later summer and fall are comparable to the other carriers right now but more choice and competition are good for us!

Woo-hoo!! Thanks for posting this!

Is that including taxes??

More competition is always better....especially way out here in the Nova Scotian boonies... :)

I'm going to chech with them when we go for cruise May 2011 (or before if I can swing it as well ;) )

Does anybody know when and if there are supurb airfares for September? Ideally would like to fly out of Moncton. But right now with Airtran we can get $79 one way. But then there is gas and hotels. Not that we mind, but we live in Dieppe, so Moncton is ideal, at a cheap airfare. Do we buy now or wait until last minute?

We've done late August the last two years - first year out of Halifax, two flghts on Aeroplan and two United...still cost about $1800. August 2009 we were looking at over $2400 for 4 from Halifax. Got 4 return flights Bangor to Orlando on Delta for $1000US taxes in - thought this was amazing. Did the stay, park and fly at the Four Points at Bangor Airport, and some back to school shopping along the way.

Air Transat doesn't fly from about May 15th until early January.

I had checked Moncton last year, but the prices didn't seem to get any better for either Halifax or Moncton. Did notice during my obsessive checking of expedia that occassionally 'better' prices popped up online after midnight on Saturday night - so early Sunday morning (about $200 better on tickets for 4). They don't last though, so if you see them be prepared to book them!

We've done late August the last two years - first year out of Halifax, two flghts on Aeroplan and two United...still cost about $1800. August 2009 we were looking at over $2400 for 4 from Halifax. Got 4 return flights Bangor to Orlando on Delta for $1000US taxes in - thought this was amazing. Did the stay, park and fly at the Four Points at Bangor Airport, and some back to school shopping along the way.

Air Transat doesn't fly from about May 15th until early January.

I had checked Moncton last year, but the prices didn't seem to get any better for either Halifax or Moncton. Did notice during my obsessive checking of expedia that occassionally 'better' prices popped up online after midnight on Saturday night - so early Sunday morning (about $200 better on tickets for 4). They don't last though, so if you see them be prepared to book them!

Thank you for the information! How soon in advance did you see the $200 off deals?

I've looked at Bangor, which would really be preferable because it saves us 2 hrs each way in driving...but seems like the cheaper deals aren't on a saturday or sunday, which we would need. Am I right in that assumption?

We booked our tickets in April last year, so it would have been some random Saturday night checking in April that I found the price.

And I'm not certain if it is the way it works, but our 'cheap' flights from Bangor left and returned on Tuesdays...actually, now that I think about it, I believe Tuesday was the cheapest day to fly - and we stayed two weeks with the airfare savings we had.

There are some seriously good deals out for the first part of June now. I found $357 Canadian, all taxes in through Expedia out of Halifax. If anyone is thinking about travelling down to MCO check it out! I'm shocked! :thumbsup2Move it back to include the 4th of July weekend and the price jumps to $480, still a good price. Go further to the first of August and I'm getting back to the $620 region.

I hope someone can take advantage of this. I won't be able to go until probably mid-October or later, so I'm hoping these good deals will last. Not counting on it but still hopeful.

That's awesome! I got $1576 for 4 seats out of Halifax in June (thurs-wed flights)$1660 out of Moncton. Same dates. I could have gotten the Moncton flights a tad cheaper, but the flight offered at $10 per seat on the going flight would get us there at supper time, and we like to arrive around noon.
GEEZ! I hope these same fares come out for September!! Oh I'd be so excited. That is about the same cost as flights out of portland, gas, 2 nights in a hotel, and meals. (and a little for TIME) FINGERS CROSSED!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter