Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

If you can do a Rock n Roll race, I'd highly recommend it. It's a bit less stressful than the runDisney half marathons and I like the general vibe of the courses -- not sure which one you'd do, but all are fantastic. (I'll be at most of them this year!) :D

That. Is. SO AMAZING. :D I love that you're being active -- I need one of these in my office at work because I'd totally get more exercising done than sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 8 hours per day.

Girl, get you one! Haha. Maybe you can expen
se it? I need to find a (CHEAP) giant medicine ball to sit on while I work. I need it to be tall enough that I CAN work though which might be an issue.

So, off topic, but - has anyone seen in the news where someone brought assault rifles into Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis yesterday morning? That church is across the street from my house. Nothing happened there - they got the guy before he made it very far into the building - but it's been bustling around my neighborhood for the last 24 hours! Bahaha. Reasons why I don't walk outside with DH.

PROGRESS UPDATE: WEEK 4 – March 21st, 2016

The results are in - here are our amazing progress reports for the fourth week of March!

@4Mickeys - 63.63%
@5xdisneyfans - 109%
@courtneybeth - 100%

@Dr Gunnie - 93%
@dsnyfn1022 - 85%
@dylans mommy - 93%
@Flossbolna - 85%
@mamattorney - 82%

@Oneanne - 101%/104%
@PoohBelle - 0%
@SarahDisney - 96.34%
@tortilla24 - 84%

Congrats to all those who have made progress towards their goal! We’ve had a lot of people reach their goals (so much green!!) and many of us have made some awesome progress this week, and I’m proud of everyone for working hard (whether the results show it or not)! The month is almost over, but for those who are struggling, there’s still time to finish strong. The final progress report will be posted at the end of the week, so there’s still some time to work hard and see amazing results!

If you don’t see your name on the list, that means either you didn’t get me a progress report or (equally likely), I missed it. If you want your progress on this list, let me know and I’ll edit the post and get you in there!

One more Friday check-in:
I've been super stressed at work lately, my job grew is scope quite a bit a couple weeks ago due to the restructure.

Healthy to me is freedom of movement, sustained level of energy, youthfulness, happiness... And being able to wear cute clothing!

We took a group picture at work yesterday, the first pic I've had since losing weight. I definitely look smaller, and the top I was wearing is another one for the recycle bin, as it obviously doesn't fit any longer.

I got my one-derland reward yesterday... Didn't think one syringe of filler was going to be enough but man what a difference. 10years and a perpetually cranky face gone in minutes. I'm currently waiting for my flight, my super early in the morning flight, and the start of one and a half weeks of not weighting and being in a totally different eating environment. I'd like to stay even, but would also be OK with just a couple pounds gain.

Okay... SO super jealous of your One-derland reward. Do you mind if I get personal and ask a few questions? I am DEFINITELY considering this and would love to talk to someone first hand about it. I am tired of feeling 30 and looking 65 (my weight loss definitely caused my face to look more wrinkled....so while I am happy with my waistline, I am super sad that I look so much older!).... and I'm tired of RBF ("resting b**ch face") ALL THE TIME! And the puppet lines? Don't even get me started!! So tell me more please, if you don't mind!!

Went grocery shopping this morning then spent the rest of the day cutting and portioning and prepping. I'm exhausted! Lol

Exhausted but ACCOMPLISHED I would imagine! Good for you!!! Think of all the time and stress you saved yourself from this week!

Anyone else feel sick from Easter dinner? I hardly ate that much. Small portions and counted it all but I think it was what the food was. My body isn't use to it anymore. I also had a coke zero which I have not had a soda this year. Not because I said I wasn't just trying to cut things back or out that have no nutritional value to them. My stomach feels yucky. Just made a herbal tea to see if that helps. In the past I would have ate double what I did and had a little of every dessert.

I used to have that all the time when I was first losing my weight.... any time I got really "off plan" I would end up feeling like garbage! I used to say I felt like I was trying to digest ROCKS! Sorry about this..... I admit it took more than a few times of feeling pretty miserable before I truly learned how to handle the holiday eating! Your body has been used to burning "premium gasoline" and now you gave it cheap watery gas (so to speak). Bring back the premium fuel and you will feel better soon!

Week 4 Results
Number of days: 5/5
Percentage of Goal: 100%

I'm really glad that this challenge was going on because my knee has been a problem this week, but I've persevered through it over the last few days and made sure to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise each of the days to count.

Thank you for holding me accountable.

You are welcome! ;)

Okay friends.... other than the QOTD, that is as far back as I am going to attempt to go. I thought that the nurse's office would be QUIET today, but so far I've had 3 fevers, 2 vomiters, an infected earlobe and a bug bite.... I don't want to get caught up in trying to read and reply and not be able to finish.... so that will have to do for now. But I'll try to stay current for the rest of the week and be READY to start the new monthly challenge by Thursday!!.......P

Slowly building up my distance again, finally ran over 5km again today, 5.5 even! I signed up for a race that is 9.9k at the beginning of June and I really need to build up distance. I know I can do it and currently with all the walking I am doing, I think I even would survive the race if I had to run today. But I want to finish strong and not as the last runner. So, long runs need to be a weekly thing now!

Yay for building up distance! Long runs are definitely essential for preparing for a long race.

The Easter weekend was quite horrible with eating. One day I just was hungry every 20 minutes.... And the Easter Sunday I had three different events to go to and I am not good at saying no to delicious food when it is put in front of me. But not a lot of Easter candy is around. I did not buy any and only got two small chocolate things. So, I will enjoy those over the next week without too much damage.

I'm sorry to hear that your weekend wasn't great for eating, but I know you can get back on track and have an awesome week!

1) I am stealing this from @4Mickeys: A private chef that prepares healthy, but tasty food for me
2) No injuries or illness that prevent me from exercising
3) A perfect running track outside my house: a beautiful green area (whether park, wood or other landscape does not matter) with various options of routes to run, well maintained but not paved tracked, lit at night, 100% safe and permanently good running weather (which I would define as sunny and 60 to 65 degrees).

Awesome wishes!
If I can have a 4th wish, I'm stealing your wish #3. I actually have a pretty nice running path not far from me, but it's not well lit at all and the weather can be a problem. So I definitely want your third wish!

Hi friends! Well.... I'm the school nurse this afternoon. Rain is keeping the children inside for recess, so hopefully there will be fewer bumps, scrapes, and cuts to deal with! And if things stay quiet here, I'll be able to do a bit of catching up.

I am honestly SOOOO far behind, I won't attempt to go all the way back.... but I will try to catch up through last Friday. And if I miss anything significant, I'm VERY sorry!!

Here goes..... I'll probably break this into 2-3 reply posts so that I don't end up with a visit from the Poof Fairy!......P

Thanks for taking some time to try to reply - I know we all appreciate your insights and encouragement!

Trying to knock out two birds with one stone, I had DH cut a board that would fit across the handles of the treadmill that I could set my laptop on, so at the very least I could do some email responses and designing while I get in a walk. I can kill time sitting on a computer at a desk so easily, so I figured I might as well try to get some steps in while killing that time, haha. So here's where I've been for the last 48 minutes and 9 seconds! Haha. Since I've been typing, I haven't bumped the speed up above 2mph, so my time/distance ratio is pretty abysmal - but active is what counts, right? I'll probably call it when I hit an hour and try to get some more steps in later on. My attention span can only take so much. :rotfl: DH is working both jobs today so no outdoor walking.

I love that you have the laptop set up on the treadmill! I've tried to get things done on the treadmill, but I've never managed it, so I'm very impressed that you're doing it!

#1 - I wish I could already be at a 2:45 half marathon time and not have to work so hard to get to that point.
#2 - I wish I could have a live-in chef that makes meals for me that are healthy (husband sort of assumed this role, but we've been busy recently so... no dice)
#3 - No injuries on unhealthiness for me or my family. :D

Awesome wishes!
Getting to the 2:45 half is definitely hard. But I think it will be worth it when you see that time and feel such a sense of accomplishment!!

Going to fudge the rules jusssstttt a little bit on my answer, and break it into my 3-selfish wishes, and my 3-not-selfish wishes.

That's better than me - I just stuck with the selfish ones!

1) I wish for instant results. Not overnight hitting my goal weight, but some instant feedback - if I walk for an hour today, I want to wake up tomorrow and see a lower number.
2) I wish I could make healthy foods taste like anything I want them, too. If I could eat veggies but be 100% fooled into thinking I'm eating chocolate (Taste, texture, no veggie undertaste, etc.) then I'm in.
3) I wish for a "do this and you will lose weight for sure" instruction manual written specifically for my body so I know what works and doesn't work for me and I won't waste time doing other things.

I love all of these. Sometimes it's so hard to try new things and then have to wait to see if they work for you. Just tell me what to do and have the results start to show instantly.
And make everything taste like chocolate. That's definitely a reasonable request.

NOT-SELFISH -
1) I wish for DH's physical ailments to go away (joint pain, bad knees, bad back - he had a reconstructive surgery as a teen) so he could focus on just losing the weight with no hurdles.
2) I wish for all of my friends and family to be healthy and stay healthy - no hidden problems we don't know about, no out-in-the-open problems we know about, etc.
3) A private chef that only prepares the foods we need to be eating, and a private trainer that can kick my and DH's butts into shape, like those celebs who are a size 6 again within months after putting on 80 pregnancy pounds. LOL

These are awesome ... and true proof that you're an amazing person who really cares about her family and friends (even if some of these benefit you too)!

If you can do a Rock n Roll race, I'd highly recommend it. It's a bit less stressful than the runDisney half marathons and I like the general vibe of the courses -- not sure which one you'd do, but all are fantastic. (I'll be at most of them this year!) :D

The two races I'm really looking at right now are Rock n Roll Philadelphia (in September) and Avengers.
Long story short ...
RnR Philly is closer, it's cheaper (both in terms of getting there (I can do it entirely with public transportation for less than $100 round trip) and the race itself), and it's sooner (so I can just get it over with). But I don't have anything in particular that interests me about the race (so I don't know how motivated I'll be to train), and I've only done one non-Disney race so far, so I'm not really used to any other race environment. I'm really not great with new situations, so I think that being in a new race environment for my first half will just add to my nerves.
Avengers is Disneyland. I always say that Disneyland is my second home. My first 5K and 10K were both runDisney, and for as long as I've thought about a half marathon I've known it would be runDisney. I love the show they put on, and I love that I have the opportunity to stop for characters and to see mostly empty parks early in the morning. I can't imagine doing a non-Disney race as my first half (I was actually thinking Disneyland Half, but I think that everything will be more expensive because of labor day weekend). But its incredibly expensive (in terms of the race and the flights ... I can get a decent rate at a good neighbor hotel), and I just can't justify spending that money right now.
It's tough.
So maybe I'll change my first wish to having an unlimited budget for runDisney vacations.

Woo! Just hit an hour on the treadmill (I knew stopping to post on here would fill that extra time... It always takes me eons to write my posts :rotfl:) so I'm calling it and going to prep for my Instagram giveaway drawing in 30ish minutes and then maaayyyybeeeee cut the grass? Depends on if the mower is cooperating. I think I killed it yesterday :lmao: Oops. And then lots and lots and lots of decals and tshirts in my future. I'll be around, though (my ADD won't let me stay away!) and looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Yay for an hour on the treadmill!!

So, off topic, but - has anyone seen in the news where someone brought assault rifles into Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis yesterday morning? That church is across the street from my house. Nothing happened there - they got the guy before he made it very far into the building - but it's been bustling around my neighborhood for the last 24 hours! Bahaha. Reasons why I don't walk outside with DH.

Holy cow. I'm glad nothing happened, but ... that's scary.

Okay friends.... other than the QOTD, that is as far back as I am going to attempt to go. I thought that the nurse's office would be QUIET today, but so far I've had 3 fevers, 2 vomiters, an infected earlobe and a bug bite.... I don't want to get caught up in trying to read and reply and not be able to finish.... so that will have to do for now. But I'll try to stay current for the rest of the week and be READY to start the new monthly challenge by Thursday!!.......P

Wow, that's a busy day! I hope the kiddos stay healthy for the rest of the day so that you can have an easier afternoon!

@pjlla - I'm pretty sure your daughter just won my giveaway! LOL. Yay for Dis-friends! and YES, I just went to the fridge after walking and grabbed pre-portioned watermelon, hummus, and blue corn tortilla chips to munch on. If it hadn't been that easy, I would be skipping food right now, or looking for something quick and junky.

Trying to knock out two birds with one stone, I had DH cut a board that would fit across the handles of the treadmill that I could set my laptop on, so at the very least I could do some email responses and designing while I get in a walk. I can kill time sitting on a computer at a desk so easily, so I figured I might as well try to get some steps in while killing that time, haha. So here's where I've been for the last 48 minutes and 9 seconds! Haha. Since I've been typing, I haven't bumped the speed up above 2mph, so my time/distance ratio is pretty abysmal - but active is what counts, right? I'll probably call it when I hit an hour and try to get some more steps in later on. My attention span can only take so much. :rotfl: DH is working both jobs today so no outdoor walking.

Love it!! I've wanted a work station for my treadmill FOREVER!! I don't have handrails like you do (I removed them because I kept whacking my hands on them and bruising them), but I think I could build some sort of tall skinny table that would go over the control panel area.

Woo! Just hit an hour on the treadmill (I knew stopping to post on here would fill that extra time... It always takes me eons to write my posts :rotfl:) so I'm calling it and going to prep for my Instagram giveaway drawing in 30ish minutes and then maaayyyybeeeee cut the grass? Depends on if the mower is cooperating. I think I killed it yesterday :lmao: Oops. And then lots and lots and lots of decals and tshirts in my future. I'll be around, though (my ADD won't let me stay away!) and looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Oohhh... fingers crossed! DD and I both entered!

Girl, get you one! Haha. Maybe you can expense it? I need to find a (CHEAP) giant medicine ball to sit on while I work. I need it to be tall enough that I CAN work though which might be an issue.

How very scary! Glad nothing terrible happened. Lock your doors!

PROGRESS UPDATE: WEEK 4 – March 21st, 2016

The results are in - here are our amazing progress reports for the fourth week of March!

@4Mickeys - 63.63%
@5xdisneyfans - 109%
@courtneybeth - 100%

@Dr Gunnie - 93%
@dsnyfn1022 - 85%
@dylans mommy - 93%
@Flossbolna - 85%
@mamattorney - 82%

@Oneanne - 101%/104%
@PoohBelle - 0%
@SarahDisney - 96.34%
@tortilla24 - 84%

Congrats to all those who have made progress towards their goal! We’ve had a lot of people reach their goals (so much green!!) and many of us have made some awesome progress this week, and I’m proud of everyone for working hard (whether the results show it or not)! The month is almost over, but for those who are struggling, there’s still time to finish strong. The final progress report will be posted at the end of the week, so there’s still some time to work hard and see amazing results!

If you don’t see your name on the list, that means either you didn’t get me a progress report or (equally likely), I missed it. If you want your progress on this list, let me know and I’ll edit the post and get you in there!

Sorry I didn't get a solid number to you. I was down just a tiny bit last week (.5), but I'll take it! I'll report a percentage later tonight.

Yowza... they are dropping like flies here! Just sent home a teacher with a fever and another is complaining about not feeling well. I'm tempted to use my fashionable scarf as a mask for the rest of the day!:scared: ..........P

@pjlla - I'm pretty sure your daughter just won my giveaway! LOL. Yay for Dis-friends! and YES, I just went to the fridge after walking and grabbed pre-portioned watermelon, hummus, and blue corn tortilla chips to munch on. If it hadn't been that easy, I would be skipping food right now, or looking for something quick and junky.

SHE DID! I got a text from her right as I was posting the above reply!! WOOHOO! We were actually just talking about it yesterday!! How exciting! Thank you SO MUCH!!

And woohoo on the preportioned snacks!! Gotta love that..........P

The two races I'm really looking at right now are Rock n Roll Philadelphia (in September) and Avengers.
Long story short ...
RnR Philly is closer, it's cheaper (both in terms of getting there (I can do it entirely with public transportation for less than $100 round trip) and the race itself), and it's sooner (so I can just get it over with). But I don't have anything in particular that interests me about the race (so I don't know how motivated I'll be to train), and I've only done one non-Disney race so far, so I'm not really used to any other race environment. I'm really not great with new situations, so I think that being in a new race environment for my first half will just add to my nerves.
Avengers is Disneyland. I always say that Disneyland is my second home. My first 5K and 10K were both runDisney, and for as long as I've thought about a half marathon I've known it would be runDisney. I love the show they put on, and I love that I have the opportunity to stop for characters and to see mostly empty parks early in the morning. I can't imagine doing a non-Disney race as my first half (I was actually thinking Disneyland Half, but I think that everything will be more expensive because of labor day weekend). But its incredibly expensive (in terms of the race and the flights ... I can get a decent rate at a good neighbor hotel), and I just can't justify spending that money right now.
It's tough.
So maybe I'll change my first wish to having an unlimited budget for runDisney vacations.

Doing the first race IS scary - so committing to one is the toughest part. Once you do it you'll feel like a million bucks and I am so so so excited for you! I suggested Rock n Roll because they're a little bit more lenient when it comes to corral placement, slower runners, and time limits. (Not sure where you fall on the spectrum, but having a course and company that favors the participant builds confidence!) Setting the bar and having a baseline to say "I DID IT" is the first step to your half marathon journey. Congratulations on taking the first step and considering doing one!

Philly has a time limit of 4 hours, which is 30 minutes longer than Disney's limits. If you fall behind you can board the sag wagon and be pushed along the course a little bit and still earn the medal. True Story: I'm glad that I managed to do RNR for my first race because I was at 3:39 - nine minutes longer than the RunDisney race! I would have been swept. YIKES. You also have the freedom to place yourself in a specific corral based on time. I like to start with the 2:45 - 3 hour people because I'm ahead of the walkers and can finish in about 3:15.

Having a good baseline of time on a race will also allow you to put yourself in a better corral for RunDisney! Which is what every race participant needs :D

So... I've done Rock n Roll halfs and while I haven't done the longer races at Disneyland (yet - about a month and I will!) -- I live in the area and am familiar with what you'll experience. The weather for the Disneyland Half is beautiful and can be a little bit warmer than the Avengers weekend. Personally, I think the vibe for the Disneyland weekends is much more "race" like than the Super Heroes weekend. I don't know if that makes sense at all, but the Labor Day race felt much more like a race than the Super Heroes weekend did.... BUT, Avengers will allow you for the opportunity to run through Disneyland all decorated for CHRISTMAS. Both courses are the same - you'll have 4 miles in the park and 8 miles roaming the streets of Anaheim. You get to run the field at Anaheim Stadium, home of the Angels baseball team :D

It's up to you which one you choose. I prefer the Labor Day weather and the cost shouldn't be that bad. A friend who is doing the DDD found off property rooms for $60 per night. We're doing DDD and would love to have you join us there for that or just the half. We could get a cake pop to celebrate your big accomplishment!

Side note: Rock n Roll Philly is my birthday weekend - so I'll be there partying and having a great time. Basically the tl;dr of this is that i will be at both of these races so you won't feel "alone" for your first experience. :hug:

Question for the Fitbit wearers in here - I have to recharge my CHR every 2 days. I thought I read it should only have to be charged every 5 days. Is my battery running out super fast or is this normal?

I just went to the fridge after walking and grabbed pre-portioned watermelon, hummus, and blue corn tortilla chips to munch on. If it hadn't been that easy, I would be skipping food right now, or looking for something quick and junky.

OK, I know this is a really odd question, but what do you use for pre-portioning your snacks, especially refrigerated ones? I've very good about breaking down my bags of dry snacks in just baggies, but haven't found the right containers for refrigerated things that last a decent amount of time.

Just wondered what you use.

Another quick drop in! Still at 0%! Yay me!

Thank you all again so much for the well wishes for my kitty. We do love the little beasts, don't we? She is continuing to hang in there and has responded pretty well to the few non-invasive things that can be done for her failing kidneys. She was confirmed as completely blind but that doesn't seem to stop her at all. She's a tough kid and I hope we will be able to keep her happy and comfortable for a little while longer.

I'm a continued diet failure but I have started tracking again. Not pretty but it is a start!

Which leads me to my final thought of the day. I'm scheduled to be our hostess for May. I have a GREAT theme idea but admit that I am flakier than a true French croissant these days. Does anyone want May? I'm happy to do it but would be equally happy to postpone for a few months in hopes of getting my (word I can't say here) together a bit more.

OK, I know this is a really odd question, but what do you use for pre-portioning your snacks, especially refrigerated ones? I've very good about breaking down my bags of dry snacks in just baggies, but haven't found the right containers for refrigerated things that last a decent amount of time.

I'm new to this so someone with more experience may have a better method, but all of my stuff is in baggies or plastic containers with lids (one day I plan to upgrade to glass because it's supposed to keep things fresher longer but for now I use what I have!)... I use the small ziploc baggies (mainly the snack size ones, but also the sandwich size).

Ignore the good cleaning that my fridge needs, but here is everything in it right now. I really want to get some plastic bins and whatnot to make it more OCD-friendly, but it's working for now. Eggs and protein waffles on the top, veggies and snacks on the 2nd shelf, fruits on the 3rd, and protein and dairy on the bottom, not counting the cheese in the drawer. I'm trying to keep the fruits and veggies on the shelves instead of in their drawer because 1) I don't think it really makes a difference as far as freshness and 2) I forget about them when they're in the drawer and this way they are front and center when I open the door.

IMG_1141.JPG

Stay healthy @pjlla! Remember, lots of hand washing (or disinfectant using) and no hands in your face!

I washed a LOT while I was there and then came home and put every article of clothing I was wearing in the hamper and took a shower and washed my hair! :crazy2: I do NOT want to get sick!!

Question for the Fitbit wearers in here - I have to recharge my CHR every 2 days. I thought I read it should only have to be charged every 5 days. Is my battery running out super fast or is this normal?

Can't really comment specifically on the CHR.... I charge my Flex about every 4-5 days... or even 6. I've never had it run out on me and I've only gotten the "low battery" warning once or twice (been wearing since late Feb). I imagine, since the CHR does more stuff, that it sucks through the battery quicker.... but every 2 days does sound like a lot. Have you thought about getting in touch with the company to see if they will send you a new battery?

I use glass.... Glasslock containers that we got at Costco and glass mason jars. I'll be honest.... I hate plastic. I'm not judging if you use it... it certainly makes life easier and sometimes that is what we all need.... but I am trying to reduce my carbon footprint and go greener, so no more plastic ware or ziptop baggies for me (okay, that is a bit of a lie... we had to buy baggies for the bake sale and I am using a few of the extras!). I do not buy plastic wrap/cling wrap either. I find that for greens we go through them so quickly that they rarely have time to go bad..... but when I buy Earthbound Organics Powergreens at Costco, they do come in a plastic bag and I try to remove as much air as possible every time I put the bag away (roll it fairly tightly) and that helps with freshness. I also try to be aware of what goes bad first and what lasts longer and use the stuff in order.... for example, I know i need to eat the broccoli I have in the fridge now, but the cabbage I bought at the same time will be good for many more days. Bananas get eaten before grapes, grapes get eaten before apples.

Another quick drop in! Still at 0%! Yay me!

Thank you all again so much for the well wishes for my kitty. We do love the little beasts, don't we? She is continuing to hang in there and has responded pretty well to the few non-invasive things that can be done for her failing kidneys. She was confirmed as completely blind but that doesn't seem to stop her at all. She's a tough kid and I hope we will be able to keep her happy and comfortable for a little while longer.

I'm a continued diet failure but I have started tracking again. Not pretty but it is a start!

Which leads me to my final thought of the day. I'm scheduled to be our hostess for May. I have a GREAT theme idea but admit that I am flakier than a true French croissant these days. Does anyone want May? I'm happy to do it but would be equally happy to postpone for a few months in hopes of getting my (word I can't say here) together a bit more.

Glad to hear that the kitty is still hanging in there.....:cat:

You are NOT a failure.... glad you are back to tracking. Taking baby steps towards success is just fine! I'm up for April hostessing, so I won't rush to offer to do May. Hopefully someone else will step forward.

I'm new to this so someone with more experience may have a better method, but all of my stuff is in baggies or plastic containers with lids (one day I plan to upgrade to glass because it's supposed to keep things fresher longer but for now I use what I have!)... I use the small ziploc baggies (mainly the snack size ones, but also the sandwich size).

Ignore the good cleaning that my fridge needs, but here is everything in it right now. I really want to get some plastic bins and whatnot to make it more OCD-friendly, but it's working for now. Eggs and protein waffles on the top, veggies and snacks on the 2nd shelf, fruits on the 3rd, and protein and dairy on the bottom, not counting the cheese in the drawer. I'm trying to keep the fruits and veggies on the shelves instead of in their drawer because 1) I don't think it really makes a difference as far as freshness and 2) I forget about them when they're in the drawer and this way they are front and center when I open the door.

View attachment 158768

Ummmm... that fridge looks GREAT! What are you talking about?? And so nicely organized! That fridge would make any WW member proud!

Okay friends.... I'm home and have removed the layer of sick germs that I am SURE I wore home! I had a few bits of leftover chicken and veg as a snack, but I am absolutely RAVENOUS now. The men are having the Easter dinner that my Mom sent me home with for them, so I will be having the baked sweet potato she sent me and some veggies while they have their Easter ham.

I have to work 7-8 tonight, I need to prep for tomorrow's WW meeting and of course, DWTS is on at 8 pm! Busy night ahead, so I'll say good-bye for now! I PLAN to be on in the morning to answer the QOTD before I head out to school and my WW meeting, but no promises!..........................P

I had the fitbit charge and it would last 5 days. I now have the fitbit charge HR and it last about 3 days. The HR part uses alot of battery. It says if turn off the HR it will last 5 days but I was what is the point of getting the HR if you are going to turn it off. LOL

Does anyone want May? I'm happy to do it but would be equally happy to postpone for a few months in hopes of getting my (word I can't say here) together a bit more.

I will volunteer but only if no one else wants to do it.

I'm going to be at WDW May 23-28 --- so I'll finally be on the 'correct' coast but a little distracted.

Anyone else want to sign up and do something fun for May?

rs_600x420-140430102817-560.may2.cm.43014.jpg

Question of the Day – Monday, March 28th:

For the last week of our March challenge, we’re celebrating Mickey's Soundsational Parade at Disneyland.

Soundsational-Parade_featured.jpg

Mickey's Soundsational Parade contains whimsical floats, Disney characters, and classic Disney movie songs. The parade starts at "it's a small world" and ends at Town Square (this route is reversed if there is a second parade).

Soundsational4-052611-AVP.jpg

One of the floats in Mickey’s Soundsational Parade celebrates Aladdin. Leading this unit is the beloved character Genie.

Let’s talk hypotheticals today: if you had a genie, what would your three wishes be?
As with any genie, there are rules.
Rule #1: You can’t wish to magically be at your goal weight.
Rule #2: You can’t wish for calories to never count.
Rule #3: You can’t wish to burn calories without having to exercise at all.

What are your three healthy wishes?
Let's see - mine will be a little selfish -

(1) I wish that I craved super healthy food, instead of junky food
(2) I wish that I craved exercise like I crave computer time.
(3) I wish that vegetables would stay fresh longer.

Okay... SO super jealous of your One-derland reward. Do you mind if I get personal and ask a few questions? I am DEFINITELY considering this and would love to talk to someone first hand about it. I am tired of feeling 30 and looking 65 (my weight loss definitely caused my face to look more wrinkled....so while I am happy with my waistline, I am super sad that I look so much older!).... and I'm tired of RBF ("resting b**ch face") ALL THE TIME! And the puppet lines? Don't even get me started!! So tell me more please, if you don't mind!!

Exhausted but ACCOMPLISHED I would imagine! Good for you!!! Think of all the time and stress you saved yourself from this week!

I used to have that all the time when I was first losing my weight.... any time I got really "off plan" I would end up feeling like garbage! I used to say I felt like I was trying to digest ROCKS! Sorry about this..... I admit it took more than a few times of feeling pretty miserable before I truly learned how to handle the holiday eating! Your body has been used to burning "premium gasoline" and now you gave it cheap watery gas (so to speak). Bring back the premium fuel and you will feel better soon!

You are welcome! ;)

Pjlla,
Yes, resting b***h face, I know it well. I had one syringe of the heaviest duty Juvaderm put in, mostly to prop up the corners of my mouth but there was also a little bit to put in the folds from my nose to my mouth. It had been three years since I'd had it done and man it filled things in nicely. It does hurt a bit, with the pinchy needle pokes, but only takes a few minutes. I've still got jowling going on and a bit of turkey neck, but at least I don't look angry... All the time.

Scary - glad you are ok and it didn't turn out to be worse. We just saw the drama in Washington on the morning news here.

YES, I just went to the fridge after walking and grabbed pre-portioned watermelon, hummus, and blue corn tortilla chips to munch on. If it hadn't been that easy, I would be skipping food right now, or looking for something quick and junky.

This is great - I think I'm going to have to steal this idea :D

About May - I was thinking I might volunteer for one of the months later in the year that hadn't been filled yet so I could have time to work up to it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter