Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

Checking in: Back at 200. A bit frustrating, but it's been a hard month so glad to at least be back where I started.

Hi everyone just checking in quick. My son ended up in the hospital this week but is doing much better! My eating definitely suffered because of all of the doctors visits and being at the hospital sense I ate a ton of fast food. But over all for the month I am very happy with my results! I didn't make my goal but I was so close that I am still so proud of myself! Even if I didn't check in I was trying to read when I could and everyone was a great inspiration!

Loss for this week =.9 pounds

Total loss 5.6/6
93%

Checking in: Back at 200. A bit frustrating, but it's been a hard month so glad to at least be back where I started.

Being back where you started the month may not be what you were hoping for, but it's better than gaining!

Just seeing this - I would love to join the April challenge!

:welcome:
We'd love you have you join us in April - there will be a new thread started by @pjlla over the next few days (and they'll probably be a link posted here), but until then, feel free to stick around and chat with us for the rest of March!

Hi everyone just checking in quick. My son ended up in the hospital this week but is doing much better! My eating definitely suffered because of all of the doctors visits and being at the hospital sense I ate a ton of fast food. But over all for the month I am very happy with my results! I didn't make my goal but I was so close that I am still so proud of myself! Even if I didn't check in I was trying to read when I could and everyone was a great inspiration!

I'm sorry to hear about your son, but I'm glad he's doing better!
You've made awesome progress for the month, and there's still time to reach your goal over the next few days!

---

Good morning, friends!
It's raining, so I'm officially cranky. Not how I like starting my mornings, but I'm in the mood for tea, so hopefully that will snap me out of it.
QOTD will be up in a few minutes, I just have one thing to take care of first.
We had some awesome progress last week - expect to see the progress update later this morning (which means that if you haven't gotten your progress report in yet, there's still a little time).

Question of the Day – Monday, March 28th:

For the last week of our March challenge, we’re celebrating Mickey's Soundsational Parade at Disneyland.

Soundsational-Parade_featured.jpg

Mickey's Soundsational Parade contains whimsical floats, Disney characters, and classic Disney movie songs. The parade starts at "it's a small world" and ends at Town Square (this route is reversed if there is a second parade).

Soundsational4-052611-AVP.jpg

One of the floats in Mickey’s Soundsational Parade celebrates Aladdin. Leading this unit is the beloved character Genie.

Let’s talk hypotheticals today: if you had a genie, what would your three wishes be?
As with any genie, there are rules.
Rule #1: You can’t wish to magically be at your goal weight.
Rule #2: You can’t wish for calories to never count.
Rule #3: You can’t wish to burn calories without having to exercise at all.

What are your three healthy wishes?

Wish 1 Nobody from my family to get sick
Wish 2 To not burn myself out and figure out sustainable way of weight management
Wish 3 I want home gym

Putting aside the fact that you don't like breakfast foods (how is that possible??), I think it's definitely important to find a breakfast that works for you! The whole reason for eating breakfast is to keep you full and energized for the morning, and feeling good is more important than sticking to "breakfast foods"!

Oddly enough I really like breakfast for dinner and I really like unhealthy breakfast foods (biscuits and gravy, breakfast burritos, cinnamon rolls, etc.). It's the healthy stuff that I'm not a fan of! So this week I'm trying to switch it up and eat healthy foods from other "meals" for breakfast!

1. I wish I enjoyed eating healthy foods as much as I enjoyed eating sweet treats
2. I wish that I had a treadmill at home
3. I wish I had an extra hour of the day dedicated to just working out (meaning that there were 25 hours, not that I could carve out an extra hour in my day to work out)

I have to say that this weekend was a major success! I ate perfect on Saturday and stayed within my points. I allowed myself one cheat meal on Sunday (Easter dinner). I used my weekly points and didn't go over. Plus I ran 5 miles on Sunday so I burned a lot of calories. I made Sprite Zero Cupcakes so that I would have a healthy alternative to the super unhealthy dessert my mom made. I love coming off a weekend feeling like I didn't set myself back completely. I plan on doing one more weigh-in for the month on Thursday morning. I have a pound to go and we'll see how I do!

For the last week of our March challenge, we’re celebrating Mickey's Soundsational Parade at Disneyland.

Soundsational-Parade_featured.jpg

Mickey's Soundsational Parade contains whimsical floats, Disney characters, and classic Disney movie songs. The parade starts at "it's a small world" and ends at Town Square (this route is reversed if there is a second parade).

Soundsational4-052611-AVP.jpg

One of the floats in Mickey’s Soundsational Parade celebrates Aladdin. Leading this unit is the beloved character Genie.

Let’s talk hypotheticals today: if you had a genie, what would your three wishes be?

Hmmm 3 healthy wishes...
1) I wish for my family and friends to stay healthy
2) I wish I had my own indoor climbing gym
3) That I had a stupidly high metabolism

Small vent: The past 4 days have been insane-- 1) Our store flooded with like 4 inches of water and we stayed up all night Thursday night trying to suck out the water get all our inventory off the floors and save as much as possible. These Florida flash floods are no joke! 2) DH went out with some friends the next night and was going to have to wait to get an Uber for 45 minutes to get him, so instead of catching up on my sleep I drove and hour round trip to get him at like 3 in the morning. 3) I painted my cousins house on Saturday which was way more work that I thought it would be. 4) Two Easters. Needless to say, I am soooooo tired. I did not handle all of this well at all and was eating whatever, whenever for the past 4 days and if I go by the scale this morning I will have gained 0.5lb this month :-( This is so disheartening because I was doing pretty good up until now! Lesson learned, I need to figure out how to keep myself on track when life goes crazy as it is wont to do....

I am hopeful that I have 4 more days to do the right things and get back on track. I am also hoping that some good sleep will help my body process and I can finish then month with a little loss after all :-)

I did read through and catch up on all the chatter on here though--- so much good progress has been made by so many of you!!! That's awesome! You guys are always such an inspiration to get back on track!

1 - I wish I could figure out where I want to go with my running. I know I want to run a half marathon, but I can't figure out which one I want to do, and it's stressing me out more than it should
2 - I wish I could learn what a healthy meal looks like and stick eating healthy meals all the time
3 - I wish I could be confident that when I reach my goal weight, I'll feel better about how I look

Wish 1 Nobody from my family to get sick
Wish 2 To not burn myself out and figure out sustainable way of weight management
Wish 3 I want home gym

Those are great wishes. I think a lot of us deal with "burnout," and it's definitely hard to find a way to make managing your weight sustainable - but once you find a way to do it, it really makes a huge difference!

1. I wish I enjoyed eating healthy foods as much as I enjoyed eating sweet treats
2. I wish that I had a treadmill at home
3. I wish I had an extra hour of the day dedicated to just working out (meaning that there were 25 hours, not that I could carve out an extra hour in my day to work out)

Great wishes! That 25th hour would be awesome ... sometimes I wish the clock would stop before I go out for my run so that I don't lose any time and I can come home and have it be the exact same time as it was when I left.

I have to say that this weekend was a major success! I ate perfect on Saturday and stayed within my points. I allowed myself one cheat meal on Sunday (Easter dinner). I used my weekly points and didn't go over. Plus I ran 5 miles on Sunday so I burned a lot of calories. I made Sprite Zero Cupcakes so that I would have a healthy alternative to the super unhealthy dessert my mom made. I love coming off a weekend feeling like I didn't set myself back completely. I plan on doing one more weigh-in for the month on Thursday morning. I have a pound to go and we'll see how I do!

Yay for a successful weekend! I hope you can reach your goal!

Ooops I'm quickly reporting in at 63.63%

Awesome progress!

Hmmm 3 healthy wishes...
1) I wish for my family and friends to stay healthy
2) I wish I had my own indoor climbing gym
3) That I had a stupidly high metabolism

Great wishes! That high metabolism would be so awesome :)

1. For major illness to not come to my kids or me.
2. To have a chef who could provide my family with yummy healthy meals.
3. To be one of those people who intrinsically love to be active.

Great wishes!

Mickeys Soundsational Parade was the one on in DL when we visited - such happy memories.

Nice! Feel free to share pictures if you have any!
I haven't seen it yet ... if I make it out to California soon, I want to try to see it because it looks really cute!

Small vent: The past 4 days have been insane-- 1) Our store flooded with like 4 inches of water and we stayed up all night Thursday night trying to suck out the water get all our inventory off the floors and save as much as possible. These Florida flash floods are no joke! 2) DH went out with some friends the next night and was going to have to wait to get an Uber for 45 minutes to get him, so instead of catching up on my sleep I drove and hour round trip to get him at like 3 in the morning. 3) I painted my cousins house on Saturday which was way more work that I thought it would be. 4) Two Easters. Needless to say, I am soooooo tired. I did not handle all of this well at all and was eating whatever, whenever for the past 4 days and if I go by the scale this morning I will have gained 0.5lb this month :-( This is so disheartening because I was doing pretty good up until now! Lesson learned, I need to figure out how to keep myself on track when life goes crazy as it is wont to do....

Wow, that's definitely a crazy few days. I hope the store's okay and you were able to save most of the inventory!
It's definitely rough when you go off plan, but I'm glad you learned a lesson from it.

I am hopeful that I have 4 more days to do the right things and get back on track. I am also hoping that some good sleep will help my body process and I can finish then month with a little loss after all :-)

You can do it!!! Get yourself back on track and hopefully you'll end the month on a great note!

Slowly building up my distance again, finally ran over 5km again today, 5.5 even! I signed up for a race that is 9.9k at the beginning of June and I really need to build up distance. I know I can do it and currently with all the walking I am doing, I think I even would survive the race if I had to run today. But I want to finish strong and not as the last runner. So, long runs need to be a weekly thing now!

The Easter weekend was quite horrible with eating. One day I just was hungry every 20 minutes.... And the Easter Sunday I had three different events to go to and I am not good at saying no to delicious food when it is put in front of me. But not a lot of Easter candy is around. I did not buy any and only got two small chocolate things. So, I will enjoy those over the next week without too much damage.

Tonight I am going to try a new bean soup recipe, very much looking forward to it!

QOTD:

1) I am stealing this from @4Mickeys: A private chef that prepares healthy, but tasty food for me
2) No injuries or illness that prevent me from exercising
3) A perfect running track outside my house: a beautiful green area (whether park, wood or other landscape does not matter) with various options of routes to run, well maintained but not paved tracked, lit at night, 100% safe and permanently good running weather (which I would define as sunny and 60 to 65 degrees).

Hi friends! Well.... I'm the school nurse this afternoon. Rain is keeping the children inside for recess, so hopefully there will be fewer bumps, scrapes, and cuts to deal with! And if things stay quiet here, I'll be able to do a bit of catching up.

I am honestly SOOOO far behind, I won't attempt to go all the way back.... but I will try to catch up through last Friday. And if I miss anything significant, I'm VERY sorry!!

Here goes..... I'll probably break this into 2-3 reply posts so that I don't end up with a visit from the Poof Fairy!......P

Trying to knock out two birds with one stone, I had DH cut a board that would fit across the handles of the treadmill that I could set my laptop on, so at the very least I could do some email responses and designing while I get in a walk. I can kill time sitting on a computer at a desk so easily, so I figured I might as well try to get some steps in while killing that time, haha. So here's where I've been for the last 48 minutes and 9 seconds! Haha. Since I've been typing, I haven't bumped the speed up above 2mph, so my time/distance ratio is pretty abysmal - but active is what counts, right? I'll probably call it when I hit an hour and try to get some more steps in later on. My attention span can only take so much. :rotfl: DH is working both jobs today so no outdoor walking.

IMG_1154.JPG

Such a great (and thought provoking) question for today. The rules are all the ones I would have chosen (HA!) so I had to dig a little deeper to find my healthy wishes.

#1 - I wish I could already be at a 2:45 half marathon time and not have to work so hard to get to that point.
#2 - I wish I could have a live-in chef that makes meals for me that are healthy (husband sort of assumed this role, but we've been busy recently so... no dice)
#3 - No injuries on unhealthiness for me or my family. :D

Going to fudge the rules jusssstttt a little bit on my answer, and break it into my 3-selfish wishes, and my 3-not-selfish wishes.

SELFISH -
1) I wish for instant results. Not overnight hitting my goal weight, but some instant feedback - if I walk for an hour today, I want to wake up tomorrow and see a lower number.
2) I wish I could make healthy foods taste like anything I want them, too. If I could eat veggies but be 100% fooled into thinking I'm eating chocolate (Taste, texture, no veggie undertaste, etc.) then I'm in.
3) I wish for a "do this and you will lose weight for sure" instruction manual written specifically for my body so I know what works and doesn't work for me and I won't waste time doing other things.

NOT-SELFISH -
1) I wish for DH's physical ailments to go away (joint pain, bad knees, bad back - he had a reconstructive surgery as a teen) so he could focus on just losing the weight with no hurdles.
2) I wish for all of my friends and family to be healthy and stay healthy - no hidden problems we don't know about, no out-in-the-open problems we know about, etc.
3) A private chef that only prepares the foods we need to be eating, and a private trainer that can kick my and DH's butts into shape, like those celebs who are a size 6 again within months after putting on 80 pregnancy pounds. LOL

Edit: I guess #3 on list 2 is kind of selfish.... But it's for DH's own good, too!

- I wish I could figure out where I want to go with my running. I know I want to run a half marathon, but I can't figure out which one I want to do, and it's stressing me out more than it should

If you can do a Rock n Roll race, I'd highly recommend it. It's a bit less stressful than the runDisney half marathons and I like the general vibe of the courses -- not sure which one you'd do, but all are fantastic. (I'll be at most of them this year!) :D

Since I've been typing, I haven't bumped the speed up above 2mph, so my time/distance ratio is pretty abysmal - but active is what counts,

That. Is. SO AMAZING. :D I love that you're being active -- I need one of these in my office at work because I'd totally get more exercising done than sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 8 hours per day.

Woo! Just hit an hour on the treadmill (I knew stopping to post on here would fill that extra time... It always takes me eons to write my posts :rotfl:) so I'm calling it and going to prep for my Instagram giveaway drawing in 30ish minutes and then maaayyyybeeeee cut the grass? Depends on if the mower is cooperating. I think I killed it yesterday :lmao: Oops. And then lots and lots and lots of decals and tshirts in my future. I'll be around, though (my ADD won't let me stay away!) and looking forward to chatting with everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter