Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

Hey friends! Dashing out again here today without having time to reply. SOOOO sorry!! This week is just getting crazier and crazier! But there is a small possibility that I will be working in the office at some point in time today and will be able to take a few minutes to chat....otherwise, see you tonight!.............P

WooHoo Wednesday, March 23rd:

WooHoo Wednesday is a very special tradition that we have on these challenge threads – it’s a chance for us to take a break and celebrate our victories (big or small).

This week we’re celebrating Paint the Night. Did you know that there are character floats in Paint the Night that are very reminiscent of parts of the retired parade SpectroMagic? Part of SpectroMagic included SpectroMen who rode on large Whirly-Balls – and Paint the Night has something similar, with characters in the Mickey & Friends section of the parade riding on similar Whirly-Balls.

Spectromagic:
MK_SM_2_SpectroMen_on_balls-goldhaber.jpg

Paint the Night:
17964616709_3d8b6fb3ea_b.jpg

It’s always nice to see Disney throw back to a retired (but still loved) parade!

Are you celebrating a “returning” accomplishment today? Or are you celebrating something that you’ve never accomplished before?

It’s WooHoo Wednesday - what’s your WooHoo for today?

WooHoo Wednesday!!! Three days till I'm outta here and take off for my great Texas adventure. I'm kind of sorta getting ready, still have household chores to do and have at least been thinking about packing. I go to WDW so often that pre-trip prep is so simple... suitcase, tee-shirts, shorts, sunscreen, boom, done. Heck, last year I barely unpacked between trips. This trip isn't particularly complex, just different. I'll be there a week and a half but will be moving around every couple days, so I figure each outfit will get worn multiple times and I'll have plenty of time to do laundry as needed, just have to get it packed!

Other than that, today I'm wearing the same black dress as I'm wearing in my avatar, for probably the last time... it is hanging off me and the shoulders in particular are pretty droopy. I'm also wearing my tall boots for the first time in probably a month. The past few years I'v had to get boots with wide calves, so I was curious how they would fit when I put them on this morning... there's enough of a gap around the calve now that I can stick my hand in.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Last edited:
Fighting off a cold today that my kids gave me - that's not woohoo worthy.

- The scale has been pretty kind to me over the last 5 days - woohoo!
- Got to see my niece play soccer last night - love watching her high school team play - woohoo!
- No work Friday and next Mon/Tues - woohoo!
- Easter weekend - woohoo!
- Shopping in the STL on Monday - woohoo!
- More college hoops starting tomorrow - woohoo!
- Only 39 more school days left in the year - woohoo!
- Just 7 1/2 more pounds to go until I'm down 50 - woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Two big WooHoo's for today.
  1. Husband and I took time on Monday to look at our vacation budget and we opted to cancel our on property hotel reservations for the next two WDW trips and booked off property with car rentals. We're staying at the Marriott Grande Vista for both trips - in a 1 bedroom villa in May and a 3 bedroom penthouse (?! IDEK) in December - both for under $400 total for the entire week! We determined that we saved nearly $3000 between BOTH trips (including car rentals). This now has allotted us the opportunity to go to Universal Studios in December and finally see the new WWOHP additions... WOOHOO!!!!

2. I called into Virgin America to provide feedback on some recent flight problems I had and they comped me a one way ticket to Seattle for the half marathon in June. This opened some opportunities up for me... as silly as it sounds, I was having trouble getting a decent priced airfare that would leave after 430pm after the half marathon - SEA is very limited on flights leaving after 430pm and most of the coach seats are sold out on flights back to LAX. This generosity shown from Virgin America opened my airfare budget up a bit and I was able to book a first class ticket home via Alaska Airlines for about $190. I am so relieved! (keep in mind that most flights for these races are averaging about $250-300 for each trip - so to get first class and a total cost of $190 is amazing) WOOHOO!!!

Lessons learned this week
  • Don't let the Disney pixie dust influence your decisions. Sometimes staying off property is much more economical in the long run and you can enjoy other activities while on vacation on your own terms. With WDW starting to go fee-crazy with extra events and such, it may be time for us to continue staying off property. Time shares are awesome for this reason!
  • Don't be afraid to let the airlines know you're not satisfied with service. I didn't anticipate anything in return - just wanted to provide feedback - and I was gifted with a free ticket!

So many woohoos today from everyone. I love it!

Some woohoos for me...

- I made bad eating choices over the weekend (that's pretty much the story every week) but I'm working really hard this week and hoping to eek out a tiny loss. Or at least maintain! We'll see what happens. I'll be satisfied with anything. But I looked at the scale and I'm a pound up from last weekend. That is pretty typical for me on Wednesdays it seems so fingers crossed.
- My SIL sent me a picture from her ultrasound. Baby boy has super chubby cheeks and I can't wait to meet my newest little nephew! He'll be here May 9th so that's not much more time.
- I tried on 2 of my old cardigans today and they were both too big. I'm wearing one because I had to wear something! It's a size large. So I'll be looking to try on some mediums next time!
- Finally...and this is a biggie...we'll be COMPLETELY debt free on the 25th! We have the final payment scheduled for my student loan and I COULD NOT be happier! This debt free journey has been eye-opening and it was way more challenging than I had initially expected. DH and I have decided to relax for the next year. Save a little and spend a little on things we want! We spent the first year and a half of our marriage feeling pretty broke so I'm excited for this next chapter where we can finally appreciate the money that we're earning!

My woo-hoo for the week is that I have gotten 10,000 everyday since Friday (except sunday). I have also been eating decent as well. Hoping for to see a good number on the scale this week. I am so not looking forward to going back to work next week. I have gotten it to a nice routine being off with the kids this week. I could be a stay at home mom but then I have to give up the vacations. I am not ready to give them up.

Woohoos for today! Hm. It's been pretty uneventful and lazy so far, honestly.

1. Yesterday I ordered a heat press, so I'm pretty stoked about that, for the most part. I love gadgets and gizmos, and it'll help my t-shirt turnaround time and quality. Hopefully I'll be able to recoup the cost pretty soon. I've always wanted to make t-shirts (weird life goal, I know. I also want to be a glass-blower.) so when I realized I could do that as part of my shop offerings, I got wayyyy excited.

2. We're seeing a nutritionist tonight. I forget all the details, but my dad is the "health ambassador" or something along those lines for his employer's insurance company, and they're starting a new project so they're sending a nutritionist to my parents house to kind of go through their pantry and give them tips and the like. DH and I are going to tag along and see what they say. I'm not sure what to expect so I don't know if I should go in with questions or what. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of the common sense stuff we already know.

3. Talking with @courtneybeth and @flvy about doing the Princess 10K in February. I'm honestly excited, and as someone who would never voluntarily run, it's a big step. Hopefully the finances will come together and we'll actually manage to snag a spot on registration day.

We haven't walked at all this week. :-( it's been really cold here again and time just hasn't permitted it. Feeling really overwhelmed and discouraged about a lot of things right now. I just wish there were a magic, easy, guaranteed fix to lose the weight. I need to feel in control of something! Lol

Hi, I am sorry that I have not been on the last couple of days. We finished the show with a Sun matinee and then had to gather all the costumes and break down the set. After that we went to a cast party. When I got home I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night sick. I was able to teach my two classes on Monday but that was about it. I relaxed all day Tuesday after I dropped off the costumes we rented. I gave a test to my class this morning and I am finally feeling better.

I just found out last night that my niece is getting married this Sept. This makes 4 wedding between now and next April (besides the one I had last Dec). I have to start looking for outfits for weddings and showers. I was a little upset about this since this is my Goddaughter and her mother is my twin sister. They have not said a word. I also heard that she got her wedding dress. I would have liked to have been asked to go even if I maynot have been able to make it. I was very hurt last night. I do have to let it go. My sister was a pain when her other got married last Dec. we were out with them for dinner and when I asked specific questions about the wedding they wouldn't tell me. They didn't want to tell us anything and that bothered me. Again I have to let it go. I start looking for outfits in the next couple of weeks.

HAve a happy and healthy day

I tried on 2 of my old cardigans today and they were both too big. I'm wearing one because I had to wear something! It's a size large. So I'll be looking to try on some mediums next time!

Time to go shopping - congrats on having your clothes grow ;)

Finally...and this is a biggie...we'll be COMPLETELY debt free on the 25th! We have the final payment scheduled for my student loan and I COULD NOT be happier! This debt free journey has been eye-opening and it was way more challenging than I had initially expected. DH and I have decided to relax for the next year. Save a little and spend a little on things we want! We spent the first year and a half of our marriage feeling pretty broke so I'm excited for this next chapter where we can finally appreciate the money that we're earning!

Let me know what it feels like to no longer have a student loan payment. :rotfl: I am so excited for you to not have any revolving payments hanging over your head!!!

3. Talking with @courtneybeth and @flvy about doing the Princess 10K in February. I'm honestly excited, and as someone who would never voluntarily run, it's a big step. Hopefully the finances will come together and we'll actually manage to snag a spot on registration day.

Make sure to set up an active.com account in advance and be ready to go at Noon EST on 4/12 to sign up! :D You got this. Do it!

Loving everyone's thoughtful answers. I learnt about MFP which is helping give me insight into what I eat and the 'cost' of some of my choices - I mean I knew that I was off track but felt for the majority of the time I was eating fairly healthy - but this has helped me really see why those kg's just kept creeping up. As someone who has always been super cautious about the idea of internet chatting/social media I have learned that there are some wonderfully kind and supportive people out here. I have found it helps to have people to share with about trying to get healthier that are not in my immediate circle - you know how sometimes you tell those close to you that you are planning losing weight and then you feel that they are watching everything you eat or do?

MFP is awesome!
And I totally agree ... sometimes it's easier to share these things with "internet strangers" because the people closest to you can be a little too judgy or scrutinizing sometimes.

I am going to start off the Woohoo Wednesdays early - well its not really for me its already Wednesday night here.
I only have one more day of work and then I have 2 weeks off with the kids for Easter Break :woohoo:
I met with my daughter's math teacher this morning - and feel like we have a plan to help her improve (hopefully)

Awesome WooHoos! I hope you have an awesome spring break - it's always nice to have time off from work!

WooHoo Wednesday!!! Three days till I'm outta here and take off for my great Texas adventure. I'm kind of sorta getting ready, still have household chores to do and have at least been thinking about packing. I go to WDW so often that pre-trip prep is so simple... suitcase, tee-shirts, shorts, sunscreen, boom, done. Heck, last year I barely unpacked between trips. This trip isn't particularly complex, just different. I'll be there a week and a half but will be moving around every couple days, so I figure each outfit will get worn multiple times and I'll have plenty of time to do laundry as needed, just have to get it packed!

WooHoo for almost vacation!!

Other than that, today I'm wearing the same black dress as I'm wearing in my avatar, for probably the last time... it is hanging off me and the shoulders in particular are pretty droopy. I'm also wearing my tall boots for the first time in probably a month. The past few years I'v had to get boots with wide calves, so I was curious how they would fit when I put them on this morning... there's enough of a gap around the calve now that I can stick my hand in.

Old clothing being too big is always an awesome WooHoo!

Fighting off a cold today that my kids gave me - that's not woohoo worthy.

:( Feel better!

- The scale has been pretty kind to me over the last 5 days - woohoo!
- Got to see my niece play soccer last night - love watching her high school team play - woohoo!
- No work Friday and next Mon/Tues - woohoo!
- Easter weekend - woohoo!
- Shopping in the STL on Monday - woohoo!
- More college hoops starting tomorrow - woohoo!
- Only 39 more school days left in the year - woohoo!
- Just 7 1/2 more pounds to go until I'm down 50 - woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Lots of awesome WooHoos - yay!

Husband and I took time on Monday to look at our vacation budget and we opted to cancel our on property hotel reservations for the next two WDW trips and booked off property with car rentals. We're staying at the Marriott Grande Vista for both trips - in a 1 bedroom villa in May and a 3 bedroom penthouse (?! IDEK) in December - both for under $400 total for the entire week! We determined that we saved nearly $3000 between BOTH trips (including car rentals). This now has allotted us the opportunity to go to Universal Studios in December and finally see the new WWOHP additions... WOOHOO!!!!

Saving money is always awesome. WooHoo!
And ... I'm super jealous. I went to Universal to see Hogsmeade a few months after it opened, but I haven't been back since. I really want to see Diagon Alley!
Do you guys have any plans to see the new Harry Potter stuff at Universal Hollywood?

I called into Virgin America to provide feedback on some recent flight problems I had and they comped me a one way ticket to Seattle for the half marathon in June. This opened some opportunities up for me... as silly as it sounds, I was having trouble getting a decent priced airfare that would leave after 430pm after the half marathon - SEA is very limited on flights leaving after 430pm and most of the coach seats are sold out on flights back to LAX. This generosity shown from Virgin America opened my airfare budget up a bit and I was able to book a first class ticket home via Alaska Airlines for about $190. I am so relieved! (keep in mind that most flights for these races are averaging about $250-300 for each trip - so to get first class and a total cost of $190 is amazing) WOOHOO!!!

Yay for good customer service and being able to get a first class ticket! WooHoo!
I love Virgin America, so I'm glad to hear they took good care of you!

- I made bad eating choices over the weekend (that's pretty much the story every week) but I'm working really hard this week and hoping to eek out a tiny loss. Or at least maintain! We'll see what happens. I'll be satisfied with anything. But I looked at the scale and I'm a pound up from last weekend. That is pretty typical for me on Wednesdays it seems so fingers crossed.
- My SIL sent me a picture from her ultrasound. Baby boy has super chubby cheeks and I can't wait to meet my newest little nephew! He'll be here May 9th so that's not much more time.
- I tried on 2 of my old cardigans today and they were both too big. I'm wearing one because I had to wear something! It's a size large. So I'll be looking to try on some mediums next time!
- Finally...and this is a biggie...we'll be COMPLETELY debt free on the 25th! We have the final payment scheduled for my student loan and I COULD NOT be happier! This debt free journey has been eye-opening and it was way more challenging than I had initially expected. DH and I have decided to relax for the next year. Save a little and spend a little on things we want! We spent the first year and a half of our marriage feeling pretty broke so I'm excited for this next chapter where we can finally appreciate the money that we're earning!

WooHoo! So much awesome stuff ... and it's great that you know you had a bad weekend and you're working to overcome it.

My woo-hoo for the week is that I have gotten 10,000 everyday since Friday (except sunday). I have also been eating decent as well. Hoping for to see a good number on the scale this week. I am so not looking forward to going back to work next week. I have gotten it to a nice routine being off with the kids this week. I could be a stay at home mom but then I have to give up the vacations. I am not ready to give them up.

WooHoo! It's always awesome when you can get in your steps and eat well!
And yeah, going back to work after time off is always rough.

1. Yesterday I ordered a heat press, so I'm pretty stoked about that, for the most part. I love gadgets and gizmos, and it'll help my t-shirt turnaround time and quality. Hopefully I'll be able to recoup the cost pretty soon. I've always wanted to make t-shirts (weird life goal, I know. I also want to be a glass-blower.) so when I realized I could do that as part of my shop offerings, I got wayyyy excited.

2. We're seeing a nutritionist tonight. I forget all the details, but my dad is the "health ambassador" or something along those lines for his employer's insurance company, and they're starting a new project so they're sending a nutritionist to my parents house to kind of go through their pantry and give them tips and the like. DH and I are going to tag along and see what they say. I'm not sure what to expect so I don't know if I should go in with questions or what. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of the common sense stuff we already know.

Lots of WooHoo! Hopefully you guys will learn some great stuff from the nutritionist!
And runDisney is awesome. Seriously.

We haven't walked at all this week. :-( it's been really cold here again and time just hasn't permitted it. Feeling really overwhelmed and discouraged about a lot of things right now. I just wish there were a magic, easy, guaranteed fix to lose the weight. I need to feel in control of something! Lol

:hug:
I wish there was a magic way to make things work out for you ... but unfortunately, there's no easy fix and it's just a lot of hard work.

Hi, I am sorry that I have not been on the last couple of days. We finished the show with a Sun matinee and then had to gather all the costumes and break down the set. After that we went to a cast party. When I got home I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night sick. I was able to teach my two classes on Monday but that was about it. I relaxed all day Tuesday after I dropped off the costumes we rented. I gave a test to my class this morning and I am finally feeling better.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

I just found out last night that my niece is getting married this Sept. This makes 4 wedding between now and next April (besides the one I had last Dec). I have to start looking for outfits for weddings and showers. I was a little upset about this since this is my Goddaughter and her mother is my twin sister. They have not said a word. I also heard that she got her wedding dress. I would have liked to have been asked to go even if I maynot have been able to make it. I was very hurt last night. I do have to let it go. My sister was a pain when her other got married last Dec. we were out with them for dinner and when I asked specific questions about the wedding they wouldn't tell me. They didn't want to tell us anything and that bothered me. Again I have to let it go. I start looking for outfits in the next couple of weeks.

Sounds like a pretty rough situation ... I hope you can find a great outfit and really enjoy the wedding despite the difficult situation with your sister.

Do you guys have any plans to see the new Harry Potter stuff at Universal Hollywood?

From what I heard from those who went to Orlando and have done the previews for Los Angeles, it'll be the Islands of Adventure section of WWOHP with only the Forbidden Journey ride and some of the village. With that in mind, I think I'm good skipping it and hanging out at the original. They're having difficulties getting the Forbidden Journey ride smoothed out - I guess people are getting sick! :(

WooHoo Wednesday, March 23rd:

WooHoo Wednesday is a very special tradition that we have on these challenge threads – it’s a chance for us to take a break and celebrate our victories (big or small).

This week we’re celebrating Paint the Night. Did you know that there are character floats in Paint the Night that are very reminiscent of parts of the retired parade SpectroMagic? Part of SpectroMagic included SpectroMen who rode on large Whirly-Balls – and Paint the Night has something similar, with characters in the Mickey & Friends section of the parade riding on similar Whirly-Balls.

Spectromagic:

Paint the Night:

It’s always nice to see Disney throw back to a retired (but still loved) parade!

Are you celebrating a “returning” accomplishment today? Or are you celebrating something that you’ve never accomplished before?

Woohoo for today.... hmmmm. Not feeling too "woohoo" right now.... but I'll try to come up with something..........GOT ONE....

DS got another college acceptance last night! This one is one of his top two.... but unfortunately HORRIBLY expensive. Delighted he got in, not sure if he can go there.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Enjoy TX!! Congrats on the dress being too big!

Two big WooHoo's for today.
  1. Husband and I took time on Monday to look at our vacation budget and we opted to cancel our on property hotel reservations for the next two WDW trips and booked off property with car rentals. We're staying at the Marriott Grande Vista for both trips - in a 1 bedroom villa in May and a 3 bedroom penthouse (?! IDEK) in December - both for under $400 total for the entire week! We determined that we saved nearly $3000 between BOTH trips (including car rentals). This now has allotted us the opportunity to go to Universal Studios in December and finally see the new WWOHP additions... WOOHOO!!!!

2. I called into Virgin America to provide feedback on some recent flight problems I had and they comped me a one way ticket to Seattle for the half marathon in June. This opened some opportunities up for me... as silly as it sounds, I was having trouble getting a decent priced airfare that would leave after 430pm after the half marathon - SEA is very limited on flights leaving after 430pm and most of the coach seats are sold out on flights back to LAX. This generosity shown from Virgin America opened my airfare budget up a bit and I was able to book a first class ticket home via Alaska Airlines for about $190. I am so relieved! (keep in mind that most flights for these races are averaging about $250-300 for each trip - so to get first class and a total cost of $190 is amazing) WOOHOO!!!

Lessons learned this week
  • Don't let the Disney pixie dust influence your decisions. Sometimes staying off property is much more economical in the long run and you can enjoy other activities while on vacation on your own terms. With WDW starting to go fee-crazy with extra events and such, it may be time for us to continue staying off property. Time shares are awesome for this reason!
  • Don't be afraid to let the airlines know you're not satisfied with service. I didn't anticipate anything in return - just wanted to provide feedback - and I was gifted with a free ticket!

WOWZA!! Those are GREAT BIG woohoos!

So many woohoos today from everyone. I love it!

Some woohoos for me...

Lots to "woohoo" about but most especially the part about being DEBT FREE!! That is a major accomplishment!!

Glad you had a few woohoos! Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed and discouraged though.

HAve a happy and healthy day

Oh... that's too bad about your sister. I'll have to say it is HER loss though.... because she missed out on the opportunity to share an exciting time with you! Have fun dress shopping!

Okay friends.... I know that is not a TOTAL catch up, but that is the best I'm going to be able to do for now. Next 4 days are crazy..... driving to RI to pick up DD tomorrow, robotics competition Fri-Sat, wedding shower Saturday, and SOME sort of Easter celebration on Sunday.... probably very small and low key. Throw in a few of my WW chat shifts, and life is a bit nuts!

Not sure I will make it back here before next Monday, but I will try! If I don't have a HAPPY BLESSED EASTER!...............P

I've been MIA this week for some reason - just not a lot of internet time I guess. I forgot it was woo-hoo Wednesday and am so excited to read all of these great woo-hoos! My woo-hoo is that, in anticipation of hosting Easter on Sunday, I've gotten off my rear end and done some home maintenance tasks that have been hanging over my head for months. I changed out a light switch that had been misbehaving, fixed a noisy toilet and cleaned out and added mulch to my front planting beds!

Woohoo for today.... hmmmm. Not feeling too "woohoo" right now.... but I'll try to come up with something..........GOT ONE....

DS got another college acceptance last night! This one is one of his top two.... but unfortunately HORRIBLY expensive. Delighted he got in, not sure if he can go there.
..............P

That is awesome for your son. I work for a college access program and,we give out scholarships to students in our area. Hopefully his award package is really good.

I wasn't sure I was going to have a woo-hoo for today, but I've been thinking about it and come up with something.

Last week was the worst eating week since I've been tracking everything on MFP, but today was my weigh-in day and I only gained a 1/2 pound. Not that I'm happy to have gained, but I am happy that it wasn't more than that.

My real woo-hoo though, is that I've been able to get back on track today! In the past, a week like this past week and I'd have all the feelings of self-doubt - I can't do this, I've got way too much to lose, it'll never happen, etc. But, instead of that, I'm back on track! So, I'm very happy about that! Here's to this coming weekend and making it through Easter without too much damage!

So the nutritionist meeting went well. She was so nice! A lot of what she said was stuff DH and I read about last summer but it was definitely nice to have someone licensed back it up. She said a lot of eye opening things though!

- It takes roughly 51 days for fast food to leave your system 100%

- Dinner should be roughly 380 calories
- Your portion size should be 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup fruit, 1/4 carbs (pull out a 1/4 cup and just see how much pasta you should be eating. My Italian hubby is having a hard time coping)
- Women can only process 2-4oz of protein at a time. Men can handle 6oz at a time.
- Eating the right things together at the right times plays a huge part in everything. If you eat fruit before you eat your meal, the acid in the fruit works with your stomach to help process and digest the food you eat next. If you eat fruit after the meal, as a dessert or whatever, then the fruit doesn't have anything to do, so it just sits there.
- A medium-to-large sweet potato is 6-8 servings. Idk about you, but I would definitely eat half of one with my meal. I mean... It's a veggie, right?

I'm excited to head to the grocery store and get started on this plan. No calorie or macro counting - if I follow the chart she gave us and eat one thing from each column and eat throughout the day rather than waiting for dinner, then I'll not only be energizing my body throughout the day which will keep me burning, but I'll be under 1800 calories anyway.

Fingers crossed!

Not much to woohoo today (yesterday, technically), but I did make it through the day without a nap ... and if you consider the fact that I couldn't eat anything until like 9 pm, that's pretty impressive.

WooHoo for getting in! I totally get the expensive thing, but if he really wants to go there, I hope you can find a way to make it work!

I've been MIA this week for some reason - just not a lot of internet time I guess. I forgot it was woo-hoo Wednesday and am so excited to read all of these great woo-hoos! My woo-hoo is that, in anticipation of hosting Easter on Sunday, I've gotten off my rear end and done some home maintenance tasks that have been hanging over my head for months. I changed out a light switch that had been misbehaving, fixed a noisy toilet and cleaned out and added mulch to my front planting beds!

WooHoo for getting some things off of your to-do list!

Last week was the worst eating week since I've been tracking everything on MFP, but today was my weigh-in day and I only gained a 1/2 pound. Not that I'm happy to have gained, but I am happy that it wasn't more than that.

WooHoo for not seeing too much damage on the scale, despite the rough week.

My real woo-hoo though, is that I've been able to get back on track today! In the past, a week like this past week and I'd have all the feelings of self-doubt - I can't do this, I've got way too much to lose, it'll never happen, etc. But, instead of that, I'm back on track! So, I'm very happy about that! Here's to this coming weekend and making it through Easter without too much damage!

Extra WooHoo for being back on track!

So the nutritionist meeting went well. She was so nice! A lot of what she said was stuff DH and I read about last summer but it was definitely nice to have someone licensed back it up. She said a lot of eye opening things though!

- Your portion size should be 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup fruit, 1/4 carbs (pull out a 1/4 cup and just see how much pasta you should be eating. My Italian hubby is having a hard time coping)
- Women can only process 2-4oz of protein at a time. Men can handle 6oz at a time.
- Eating the right things together at the right times plays a huge part in everything. If you eat fruit before you eat your meal, the acid in the fruit works with your stomach to help process and digest the food you eat next. If you eat fruit after the meal, as a dessert or whatever, then the fruit doesn't have anything to do, so it just sits there.
- A medium-to-large sweet potato is 6-8 servings. Idk about you, but I would definitely eat half of one with my meal. I mean... It's a veggie, right?

I'm excited to head to the grocery store and get started on this plan. No calorie or macro counting - if I follow the chart she gave us and eat one thing from each column and eat throughout the day rather than waiting for dinner, then I'll not only be energizing my body throughout the day which will keep me burning, but I'll be under 1800 calories anyway.

Fingers crossed!

I'm glad you got so much good information from the nutritionist!

---

Hello all! Today was kind of an off day for me. Because I couldn't eat all day, I kinda just hit a point where I didn't have the energy to do anything. So I definitely did not get as much as I had hoped done today.
Once I was eating again, I did a really great job of staying within my calorie plans ... until I started snacking at about 10:30. Normally I'm nowhere near food at 10:30, but I was working on something for my mother ... so the snacking happened. I'm kinda frustrated, but it is what it is.
It's after midnight, which means way past my bedtime ... so I'm going to try to figure out what I want to wear tomorrow and then head to bed. Good night/morning/afternoon/evening, all!

Fingers crossed!

Good luck with your new eating plan - and thanks for the info OMG 51 days :scared1: :rotfl: I laugh but really when I think of our takeout eating patters that means it is in my system most of the year - so not good.

I am picturing the size of a quarter cup that is just wow - I don't blame your hubby for not coping with that. Isn't it amazing though how so far out of whack most of societies idea of portion sizes has become.

Question of the Day – Thursday, March 24th:

Much of the Paint the Night Parade at Disneyland is inspired by the original Paint the Night Parade in Hong Kong, but the Disneyland parade has one new unit that does not appear in Hong Kong ...

IMG_1953.jpg

We all know the line from "Let It Go" - "My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around." But do you know what a fractal is?
Simply put, a fractal is a never-ending pattern. Fractals are very common in nature, and include branching patterns on trees, blood vessel networks, hurricanes, and many other things.

So many of us fall into patterns in our lives of doing things in a particular way. This can be helpful when the patterns we are creating are healthy ones (going to the gym, eating fruits and vegetables, etc), but can be harmful when they are unhealthy habits (smoking, eating in front of the TV, sticking to certain unhealthy meals, etc). Sometimes it feels like the unhealthy habits are so ingrained in you that you will never be able to stop - it feels like they have become a never-ending pattern (much like a fractal).

Have you fallen into any unhealthy patterns that you feel are never-ending? What can you do to stop these patterns?
What healthy patterns have you introduced that you hope become never-ending patterns?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter