Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

Happy First Day of SPRING!! And to celebrate, we have snow in the forecast!:sad2: But not much.... I won't lament about it too long.

Breakfast was consumed and my silly belly is STILL growling! I'm going to have ANOTHER serving of fruit to see if I can hold off the hungry horrors until lunch time. Breakfast was a tiny bit larger than usual, so no reason why I should still be hungry! Did NOT go with grits and greens as I mentioned as a possibility yesterday....just wasn't feeling the "savory" today. Instead had a huge portion of Hungry Girls "growing oatmeal".... LOVE that recipe! Stirred in a tablespoon of raw wheat bran and topped with just ONE finely diced dried apricot (they are 1 SP each!!) for something special.

Did housework yesterday and laundry Friday (although it still needs to be folded) so I am going to do my meal planning, a bit of cooking, and then sit at my scrapbook table today! My goal is 8 pages today!

Off to find some "Pinspiration" for meals this week!..............P

Super frustrated by the number on the scale this weekend. It's the highest number I've seen since last summer. 0% for my reporting this week. UGH.

Good morning (although it's a little after noon here), friends! I didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday, so I have a bit of catching up to do!

I have been hosting parties but they are strange. It is usually as a holiday such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have been cooking at my house and transporting the food to my in laws house. By the time I have cooked, cleaned up, packed up, traveled, unpacked, reheated, cleaned up, repacked the food, cleaned up, traveled and then unpack I am usually too tired to eat. This has now changed since my mother in law died last month. My dh saw his sister this morning and she asked about Easter. He thinks she was trying to get me to cook. He is against me taking over all the holidays especially since his sisters do very little. Luckily last night we decided to go out with my sister and my mother for Easter.

It's good that you decided to go out for Easter ... much less stressful than dealing with the chaos of hosting!

I think hubs and I have managed to overcome this obstacle because we'll eat before we go to a party because we never know what food will be served. We grab a diet soda or a water and just mingle with people - they aren't aware enough to notice we don't touch food. If there's a dessert present we mention an 'allergy' and have to pass. Luckily my nut allergy works in this scenario.

I'm so impressed that you have a strategy that works for you - that's awesome!
And avoiding desserts is definitely the one good thing about having a nut allergy (although it wouldn't help you at my house ... we do nut free because my brother has a nut allergy - but don't worry, if you come to my house I won't make you eat dessert!).

I wore this outfit last weekend when I got my PR in Washington DC. :rotfl:I like wearing shirts with funny sayings.

GJQN2Hx.png

I love that outfit!!! Funny sayings are awesome for running shirts ... I wish I wasn't too embarrassed to do that!

It's been a great past 24 hours.

Last night we ended up trying a new place called "Pizza Ranch". Fun place for the kids, but a pizza buffet with an ice cream machine and dessert pizzas wasn't ideal for me. Ended up eating a big salad and had 3 thin crust slices and stayed under 1500 calories for the day.

When we got home I ran on the treadmill. I was thinking I was going to try two miles again, but once I got to two, I wanted to see if I could keep going and do my first 5K. Nailed it! Not only did I get to 3.11 miles, I ended up going 3.5 miles and I kept the same speed the whole run (15 min miles - nothing to write home about, but for me it's a good start).

And to top it off, my weigh in this morning was a good one. I've officially lost 40 lbs. When I started back in January, my goal was to be at -40 around April 5th, so I'm ahead of the game.

So, my official weight check for the week puts me at 9 lbs down and my goal was 14 lbs this month. I'm at 64% toward my goal.

That is definitely a WooHoo Friday/Saturday! '
I'm so incredibly happy for you - you're doing an awesome job. I hope you're doing something special to celebrate being down 40 lbs earlier than expected!

All of those techniques really help, but honestly, sometimes it is STILL really hard. But I've also learned that some things, as LOVELY as they look, just AREN'T worth the calories! Store bought cakes and pies.... not so much. Ice cream.... nothing special. Chips and dip... again, nothing special. Tortilla chips and salsa.... I can have that any time. Most basic white carbs (mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, etc).... nothing exciting there.

If I am going to splurge at a party or holiday, I want it to be SPECIAL.... like the lemon meringue pie that my aunt makes just once or twice a year (usually Thanksgiving, sometimes Easter too!). She knows I LOVE it and I truly savor every bite.... and sometimes I have TWO slices if there is any left! SO WORTH EVERY SINGLE CALORIE!

It's awesome that you have strategies to deal with parties and you've found a way to make parties and events work for you!
But everyone has things that tempt them ... but I love your attitude - if you're going to eat it, it better be worth the calories!

GOOD NEWS.... the scale FINALLY made a move in the right direction! I am feeling a huge sense of RELIEF! Now to keep it moving!! I just bought a dress for DS's graduation in June and while it looked pretty good yesterday when I tried it on at the consignment store (I was having a "fat" day plus I had a full bladder), it is BELTED! :eek: As a former heavy girl I NEVER got back into the habit of wearing belts.... I don't even OWN a belt! So this is really a stretch for me!! I need to be AT or BELOW my personal goal number (remember, that is 2 pounds lower than my WW number) in order to REALLY feel comfortable in this dress..... so I need to lose about another 2 pounds or more and KEEP it off until June 11 !! I know, I know.... that sounds ridiculously easy to most of you.... but honestly, I will have to work at it!! It is a constant battle between where my body seems to be comfortable and the 5-7 pounds LOWER than that that I want to stay at!!

Yay for the scale finally moving in the right direction!
It will definitely be a process to get to where you want to be to wear that dress, but I know you can put in the hard work and get (and stay) there!

I lost 1 lb this week which puts me at 77% to goal for the month! I have 1.5 left to lose and we have 2 weeks so hopefully that should be no sweat! Last week I did a great job with my points and while I ate some of my fit points this week I feel like it was a great week with a lifestyle I could easily maintain. I feel like I got in the groove! So yay!

Awesome!! It's always amazing when you have a week that feels great and gives you great results on the scale. You're doing amazing!

Checking in briefly - will try to read what I missed later today. I lost 0.6lbs this week, which puts me at a6.5lb loss for the month and at 65% of my goal of 10lbs.

Yay! You're making awesome progress!

Checking in for the week. I am at 80% of my goal. Lost 4/5 lbs. Hopefully I can get over 100% for the month! Have a good weekend everyone!!

You're making awesome progress - I think you'll make it to your goal this month. Yay!

Also! Major NSV today. I'm wearing a zip up sweatshirt that I've had for almost 10 years. I got it when I lost a bunch of weight in junior high.

Awesome! It's always fun when old clothing starts to fit again!

Popping in for what seems to be my bi-weekly 'hi' and 'bye'. I'm sorry to be such a non-participatory flake. Things have unfortunately not become less stressful in my world. Final estimates came in on the costs to fix my flooded house and let's just say I'm really glad my WDW trip next month is already fully paid, including gift cards for all of our meals and shopping money, so no options other than Disney for the money. We are going to take advantage of the destruction and redo both the kitchen and the basement. That will be great but it wasn't supposed to happen for a few years. So sadly the upcoming trip is going to be the last vacation for a while - the December trip to the islands is definitely not happening and I'm not going to make it back to Europe in 2017. In other news, my poor old cat is deteriorating quickly. Her kidney disease is now advanced to stage four and she has gone completely blind. She is comfortable, happy, and gets around quite well if she sticks to the master bedroom but I know our time together is drawing short. :worried: Also, this cat is my one true love and I can't really handle this.

Definitely sounds like it's been rough for you lately :hug:. I hope things turn around soon!

The diet.... oh the poor, poor diet. I've got a V&A reservation in less than six weeks and a gorgeous dress hanging in my closet that I can't zip and can't really afford to replace because of my first world house and cat problems. I could cancel the reservation and probably should but I don't really see that happening since it's already paid for. I do well with my eating for a few days, learn about some fresh new disaster, and then comfort myself with more than a few extra calories. I just don't know how to make it stop. I'm so stressed out that one of my eyes is twitching constantly and I don't think eat right and exercise pressure is helping. On the other hand, neither are ding dongs. I need to win the lottery and use the proceeds to hire a personal chef to present me with something healthy every three hours. The good news is that I'm not gaining weight, I'm just not losing. And it's my own fault <insert emoji for banging had against a wall>.

I think we all need that personal chef sometimes. The important thing is that you're not gaining, and you just have to find a way to work extra hard to make this work. I know you can lose the weight if you work hard at it ... but of course, the working hard part is what's so difficult. Just keeping trying and hopefully it will start to stick, even in the stressful times. The fact that you keep trying despite the stress is an amazing thing.

Thanks. It stinks working full time. We have only been off 1 day and I have spent way too much having fun at the mall. I have managed to stay away from the other box of cookies. I went for a walk yesterday to make sure I got my steps and today after easter shopping u went to the rec. I am I jeans on a treadmill but I didn't have time to run home first. My sister is motivating me too. I am very competitive with her. She has been really over weight for a long time. She has now lost 30 pounds. I am proud of her but I can't let her be better then me. Unhealthy I know but it has pushed me to work out more.

Sometimes competition can be a great motivator!

I have been verythromycin determined since Thursday to get my workouts in. I had to get my easter shopping done or my kids would have nothing in their baskets. I didn't have time to run home and change and get to the rec after shopping so I am here now. I am in jeans on a treadmill but I am here. Reading the boards while I work is making this so much easier and makes it go faster. I got my steps in yesterday and really trying to get them today. It is too cold to be outside and walk today so I am really hoping to get them in before the closes.

Cold weather is not fun. I hope you got your steps in!

I just have to be kinder to myself and remember as a solo mum I need some recharge time

Yes. This. Taking time for yourself will make you a better mother, because if you take care of yourself, you will be less stressed and can take better care of your kids. It's awesome that you take such good care of your kids, but it's important to put yourself first sometimes!

Quick weekend check in. 4.5k today making this months total 45.9/60k =76% for this month. I am thinking I should have made it higher but didn't count my walking days which I should have. Will reach my goal by next Friday but will keep adding to it.

Awesome job! And it's never a bad thing to go above your goal!

The scale and I are not friends though! I have gained weight :sad: - whilst I am doing better with breakfasts and I have added activity to my life. I still have a long way to go - I have fallen down with lunches lately, not being organised and having them ready to take to work with me and fallen into old habits there.

Everyone has rough points. You're moving in the right direction with breakfasts, and you know that you need to work on lunch, which is a good thing. Sometimes you just need to take things one step at a time and accept that things might not always go well.

Happy First Day of SPRING!! And to celebrate, we have snow in the forecast!:sad2: But not much.... I won't lament about it too long.

We're in the same situation - first day of spring snow, but nothing too bad.

Breakfast was consumed and my silly belly is STILL growling! I'm going to have ANOTHER serving of fruit to see if I can hold off the hungry horrors until lunch time. Breakfast was a tiny bit larger than usual, so no reason why I should still be hungry! Did NOT go with grits and greens as I mentioned as a possibility yesterday....just wasn't feeling the "savory" today. Instead had a huge portion of Hungry Girls "growing oatmeal".... LOVE that recipe! Stirred in a tablespoon of raw wheat bran and topped with just ONE finely diced dried apricot (they are 1 SP each!!) for something special.

Sounds like a yummy breakfast ... I hope the fruit was able to hold you over until lunch! Sometimes a piece of fruit at exactly the right time fixes everything!

Super frustrated by the number on the scale this weekend. It's the highest number I've seen since last summer. 0% for my reporting this week. UGH.

:( I'm sorry to hear this. I definitely get why you're frustrated ... but keep working hard and hopefully things will start moving in the right direction soon!

---

So ... me.
After having my highest weigh-in in about two years last week, I'm down a drop this week, which is nice. And I've mostly been getting my exercise in. But I'm still eating too much. I start off great, but then I eat junk all afternoon. I really need to work on it.
I had a decent run this morning. I keep scheduling my long runs during the wrong time of the month (it's easier because of some other scheduling issues), but once I let myself take it easy a bit, I was able to have a really nice experience. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of my outfit because, well, mornings ... so I'll have to just make myself have another awesome run for this week's challenge.
The downside of my run is that it's cold out and my throat hurts from breathing cold air (I know I should cover my mouth when I run in the cold, but having something on my face bugs me). I may have some tea in a little bit to see if that helps, but if it doesn't ... it's gonna be a frustrating day.

Okay, I'll be back in a few with today's "Summing it Up Sunday"!

Summing It Up Sunday – Sunday, March 20th:

Summing it up Sunday is our way to end the week reflecting on the challenges and progress of the last week.

The Block Party Bash parade ran on both coasts – at Disney California Adventure and later at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

At Disney California Adventure:
36.jpg

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
P03-0002.JPG

While this parade closed at DCA before opening at DHS (and therefore did not have to be in two places at one time), we don’t always have that luxury – sometimes we feel like we have to be multiple places at once. Sometimes it feels like it would be easier to clone ourselves to get things done. Time management is a must-have skill for getting through the day and staying healthy.

Was there any point this week where you felt like you needed to be in two (or more) places at one time? How did you handle it and still stay on track?
How do you use your time management skills to help you maintain your healthy habits?

Don’t forget – progress updates are due by 5 AM (Disney World time) tomorrow. If you haven’t already posted or sent me your progress update, please get it in by then. Thank you!

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I have been MIA but life got crazy this week. I watched a teachers kids half this week. Plus my 6 year old got his full leg cast off and my 8 year old is very sick and is getting tested for lots of things to try to figure out what's wrong with him.

So this week with all of the stress, I have found myself stress snacking and not getting in many workouts. I wasn't expecting very good weigh in results this week. But I was pleasantly surprised that I had a loss at all!

This weeks loss is 1.3 pounds

Total loss is 4.7/6 pounds
78%

I am very happy with this number and hopeful that this week I am able to control my eating and get some extra workouts in.

This weekend has been kinda hard - I know that this coming Friday my husband has a Spinal Tap and I am worried and concerned and I have eaten some cake over the weekend.

Don't know what the scale will say tomorrow night, but whatever it does say, I will continue to move forward

:hug: - I feel your frustration - I went up on the scale. Hang in there we will get there.

So ... me.
After having my highest weigh-in in about two years last week, I'm down a drop this week, which is nice. And I've mostly been getting my exercise in. But I'm still eating too much. I start off great, but then I eat junk all afternoon. I really need to work on it.
I had a decent run this morning. I keep scheduling my long runs during the wrong time of the month (it's easier because of some other scheduling issues), but once I let myself take it easy a bit, I was able to have a really nice experience. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of my outfit because, well, mornings ... so I'll have to just make myself have another awesome run for this week's challenge.
The downside of my run is that it's cold out and my throat hurts from breathing cold air (I know I should cover my mouth when I run in the cold, but having something on my face bugs me). I may have some tea in a little bit to see if that helps, but if it doesn't ... it's gonna be a frustrating day.

:hug: - Glad to hear you dropped a little. I hear you on the junk by the end of the day - we can work on that together.

Was there any point this week where you felt like you needed to be in two (or more) places at one time? How did you handle it and still stay on track?
How do you use your time management skills to help you maintain your healthy habits?

Lol - I love this - I feel like I need at least 3 of me right now - it is almost end of school term here and from day one this term it has been non-stop super busy - way more than usual. I still have so much paperwork to do, as well as school visits and assessment, keep track of what is happening with my own kids at high school especially for the twins as it their first year, help my daughter with maths as she is really struggling and was devastated to get quite low marks on her first high school maths test, kids sports, cooking, cleaning aaaahhhhh. I get my kids to help with the housework and cooking, this weekend I started my oldest off catching the bus to his part-time job (when he can depending on shift times) this has saved me a 30-40 minute round trip for at least drop off - I had to pick him up due to late finish, I have to prioritise and realise that some things I won't get to in a day or a weekend. I don't think I have stayed on track very well the last few weeks and I have seen the scales go up - I need to prioritise meal planning and shopping to ensure that we have some quick easy food options to avoid reverting to take-out.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I have been MIA but life got crazy this week. I watched a teachers kids half this week. Plus my 6 year old got his full leg cast off and my 8 year old is very sick and is getting tested for lots of things to try to figure out what's wrong with him.

So this week with all of the stress, I have found myself stress snacking and not getting in many workouts. I wasn't expecting very good weigh in results this week. But I was pleasantly surprised that I had a loss at all!

78%

I am very happy with this number and hopeful that this week I am able to control my eating and get some extra workouts in.

:hug: - I hope your 6 year old's leg is on the mend and I hope there is nothing too nasty going on with your 8 year old - its such a nerve wracking time when our kids are not well. Its not surprising you were stress snacking but at least you still managed a loss :thumbsup2

This weekend has been kinda hard - I know that this coming Friday my husband has a Spinal Tap and I am worried and concerned and I have eaten some cake over the weekend.

Don't know what the scale will say tomorrow night, but whatever it does say, I will continue to move forward

:hug: - Best wishes to you and your husband for Friday - Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

:grouphug: - Seems like we all could benefit from a group hug - it sure has been a rough month for many of us for all different reasons. I am grateful to be part of this group - I think it adds to whatever in person support people we have in our lives. pixiedust: prayers and good wishes for all those who need it this week for whatever your challenge may be.

Progress report ... 674/875 non-running exercise minutes for a check-in of 77%!

Usually this is me. Actually, usually I feel like I need like 7 of myself to get things done. But this week I actually had a pretty laid back week, which is nice.
In terms of time management and healthy habits, I'm a scheduler and a to-do list person, and getting those healthy habits on my schedule and to-do list is really the easiest way for me to stay on track. One thing I do need to work on is my meal planning - I like to do it Saturday night so that I'm ready for breakfast Sunday morning and I can get to other things on Sunday. But the past few weeks I haven't gotten to it until Sunday afternoon, which means that my morning is a mess. Part of my problem is that I don't make to-do lists for the weekend, and I think I need to fix that. If I put meal planning on a to do list for Saturday night or first thing (post-run) Sunday morning, then I'm more likely to get it done in time to not be grasping for breakfast/lunch ideas on Sunday.
During the week I do try to keep myself well-scheduled for meals, which I think is good. Breakfast is anywhere between 8:30 and 10 (depending on when I get out of bed and if it's a run day), morning snack is between 12 and 1, lunch is between 2 and 3, and afternoon snack is between 4:30 and 6. If I stick to my schedule, it ensures that I'm rarely waiting until I'm hungry to eat - I'm eating at a scheduled time, so I'm less likely to overeat. Of course, I have that nice habit of eating when I'm full and about to make myself sick, so there's obviously work for me to do.

I'm sorry to hear about the kiddo ... I hope you can get it figured out soon!

78%

Great job making some progress despite the stresses and busyness! You are doing awesome!!

I hope your husband is okay!
And don't worry about the scale too much ... whatever it says, you just have to keep moving and keep trying to do better!

:hug: - Glad to hear you dropped a little. I hear you on the junk by the end of the day - we can work on that together.

It's good to know I'm not the only one struggling with the junk. Hopefully we can both make some progress on that front over the next week!

Lol - I love this - I feel like I need at least 3 of me right now - it is almost end of school term here and from day one this term it has been non-stop super busy - way more than usual. I still have so much paperwork to do, as well as school visits and assessment, keep track of what is happening with my own kids at high school especially for the twins as it their first year, help my daughter with maths as she is really struggling and was devastated to get quite low marks on her first high school maths test, kids sports, cooking, cleaning aaaahhhhh. I get my kids to help with the housework and cooking, this weekend I started my oldest off catching the bus to his part-time job (when he can depending on shift times) this has saved me a 30-40 minute round trip for at least drop off - I had to pick him up due to late finish, I have to prioritise and realise that some things I won't get to in a day or a weekend. I don't think I have stayed on track very well the last few weeks and I have seen the scales go up - I need to prioritise meal planning and shopping to ensure that we have some quick easy food options to avoid reverting to take-out.

Definitely sounds like you're incredibly busy - but I think we all know that there's no such thing as too busy to think about your health!
You know what you need to do - meal planning and keeping the right foods in the house - so hopefully you can make some progress on that this week.

:grouphug: - Seems like we all could benefit from a group hug - it sure has been a rough month for many of us for all different reasons. I am grateful to be part of this group - I think it adds to whatever in person support people we have in our lives. pixiedust: prayers and good wishes for all those who need it this week for whatever your challenge may be.

Definitely - we've got a number of people struggling right now, but we're all in this together. One of the awesome things about a this group is that we're here to support each other no matter what.
Lots of pixiedust: to everyone here - let's hope this coming week is an awesome one for everyone!

I'm so proud of everyone's numbers!! You guys are kicking A!

In non-weigh in news, it's been an incredibly long weekend here. I'm so close to being caught up on orders, though, which is nice, and I was able to get some new things listed this weekend, too. I'm so ready to sleep, though! I've got one more painting to get out and then it's super easy stuff. This painting is kicking my butt, though. It's not cooperating and there is absolutely no reason for that. Grrrrr. @pjlla - your daughter is too funny! I couldn't help but laugh at her "hint" on those tumblers! :rotfl:

Here's the before/after haircut photo, @pjlla - 814AE99E-14F5-45BF-AA75-DD8005327018.jpg - not incredibly different, but enough that it makes a difference to me! Haha.

Is anyone watching Little Big Shots, the new Steve Harvey show? These kids! I feel like such a slacker now!

I haven't done very well this weekend. It was my husband and my's birthday and my brother-in-law came in from out of town. We had a total blast but there was no time to exercise and I totally blew my diet. Hopefully next week will be better.

Summing it up Sunday is our way to end the week reflecting on the challenges and progress of the last week.

The Block Party Bash parade ran on both coasts – at Disney California Adventure and later at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

36.jpg

P03-0002.JPG

While this parade closed at DCA before opening at DHS (and therefore did not have to be in two places at one time), we don’t always have that luxury – sometimes we feel like we have to be multiple places at once. Sometimes it feels like it would be easier to clone ourselves to get things done. Time management is a must-have skill for getting through the day and staying healthy.

Don’t forget – progress updates are due by 5 AM (Disney World time) tomorrow. If you haven’t already posted or sent me your progress update, please get it in by then. Thank you!
I really hate that working out takes up so much of my after-work life/hours. So while I felt like I had to workout, I also was juggling a few projects. I handled it okay I think. I worked out 3 times this week (one more workout than last week!) and tried to eat clean. Meal prep is the only guaranteed way for me to manage my time and eat healthy. Which reminds me - I've gotta run to the grocery store!

This week I dropped .6 lbs

Total loss: 3.6lb/5lb
total: 72%

Checking in. Still 201 for this week :/ Still at 0% for the month.
Sorry I'm behind on the question. I've got a cold so haven't been able to do much

This weekend's Dallas, Texas 5K / Half Marathon combo was a challenge - in both mind and body. The temperature was in the high 30s / Low 40s - so if you're familiar with Southern California's weather... we don't get below 50 degrees on the coldest of days. This was the first time I not only ran in such cold temperatures, but 20 mile per hour winds were blowing towards our core for a good 10 miles of the race on very exposed, uneven roads.

Suffice to say - had my worst time to date (3:41:20) and I had to mentally keep myself focused on the end goal: the finish line and medals.

I learned from this race that I will not always be on the top of my game and that sometimes it's better to help someone else to the finish line. I met a woman my age on mile 6 who was struggling and we became fast friends and we walked together to the finish line. She's joining me at a race in two weeks and she and I became FB friends and already plan on meeting up again. She was so thankful to have someone help her to the finish because she was mentally done at mile 6 and was contemplating waiting for the sag wagon - but I kept her going and distracted her as we walked it out.

Perhaps that was my purpose for this race: to help someone meet their goal (finish her first half) and to make someone's day better! :)

Week Results:
Goal: 100%

Hit all of my workouts for the week. This week will be a tough struggle as the winds activated my allergies and I'm having trouble breathing! :(

This weekend's Dallas, Texas 5K / Half Marathon combo was a challenge - in both mind and body. The temperature was in the high 30s / Low 40s - so if you're familiar with Southern California's weather... we don't get below 50 degrees on the coldest of days. This was the first time I not only ran in such cold temperatures, but 20 mile per hour winds were blowing towards our core for a good 10 miles of the race on very exposed, uneven roads.

Suffice to say - had my worst time to date (3:41:20) and I had to mentally keep myself focused on the end goal: the finish line and medals.

I learned from this race that I will not always be on the top of my game and that sometimes it's better to help someone else to the finish line. I met a woman my age on mile 6 who was struggling and we became fast friends and we walked together to the finish line. She's joining me at a race in two weeks and she and I became FB friends and already plan on meeting up again. She was so thankful to have someone help her to the finish because she was mentally done at mile 6 and was contemplating waiting for the sag wagon - but I kept her going and distracted her as we walked it out.

Perhaps that was my purpose for this race: to help someone meet their goal (finish her first half) and to make someone's day better! :)

Week Results:

Hit all of my workouts for the week. This week will be a tough struggle as the winds activated my allergies and I'm having trouble breathing! :(

Proud of you!

Um, almost every day. Ha. I am the worst at time management. I forced us to get a walk in Wednesday (or Thursday?) around DH's 2 jobs and my workload, but it ended up being at 11:30pm. But that made my sleep that night take a hit. Then my crazy workload this weekend led to literally no sleep this weekend. So I get something right somewhere but then drop the ball somewhere else. I haven't figured out how to balance it all. I'm sure I will.... Someday. But I haven't yet.

@JacknSally - I love the haircut!

I haven't done very well this weekend. It was my husband and my's birthday and my brother-in-law came in from out of town. We had a total blast but there was no time to exercise and I totally blew my diet. Hopefully next week will be better.

Stuff happens ... it's good that you enjoyed yourself, and hopefully next week will be better!

I really hate that working out takes up so much of my after-work life/hours. So while I felt like I had to workout, I also was juggling a few projects. I handled it okay I think. I worked out 3 times this week (one more workout than last week!) and tried to eat clean. Meal prep is the only guaranteed way for me to manage my time and eat healthy. Which reminds me - I've gotta run to the grocery store!

It's awesome that you were able to get in an extra workout despite the business. And yes, meal planning really is one of the best ways to manage your time and stay healthy!

This week I dropped .6 lbs

Total loss: 3.6lb/5lb
total: 72%

Amazing! You're making fantastic progress!

Thank you for the supportive words and virtual hugs. They help. And things eventually will get better. No roller coaster goes down forever,right? :confused3

What goes down must come up! (That's how gravity works, right?)
I hope things start to turn around soon!

Sorry I'm behind on the question. I've got a cold so haven't been able to do much

I'm sorry to hear you're sick ... get well soon!

Running in that weather is hard even for those of us who live in colder climates. It's definitely an adjustment process, and when you don't have the time or ability to adjust, it's pretty rough.

I love that you made a new friend and helped someone else reach their goal! Sometimes it's about being the best person you can be, even if that's not being the best runner you can be. I'm sure this woman will never forget what you did for her, and it's awesome that you guys are staying in touch! You really are so amazing - helping someone else, fighting through the crappy weather, and finishing despite rough conditions - you're a ROCKSTAR!

Week Results:

Yay for getting in all of your workouts! I hope this week goes okay and your breathing gets back to okay soon!

Um, almost every day. Ha. I am the worst at time management. I forced us to get a walk in Wednesday (or Thursday?) around DH's 2 jobs and my workload, but it ended up being at 11:30pm. But that made my sleep that night take a hit. Then my crazy workload this weekend led to literally no sleep this weekend. So I get something right somewhere but then drop the ball somewhere else. I haven't figured out how to balance it all. I'm sure I will.... Someday. But I haven't yet.

You'll get it eventually, you just have to give it some time.
I've been breaking my schedule down every day (or at least on my busiest days) since I was in high school, so this is all old news to me. But I know a lot of people struggle with it, and I get that, because there are things I struggle with too.
Everyone has things that are hard and things that are easy. The way to balance it all is to figure out a way to use the skills you already have and apply them to the tasks you're still trying to figure out (which is easier said than done).

36.jpg

P03-0002.JPG

Often times I feel this way. Many times I only mentally need to be in two places (usually working and doing family responsibilities), other times I actually need to be in two places. I juggle, juggle, juggle. Leave one thing a smidge early, arrive someplace else a smidge late. I know there are some single parents on the board and I don't know how you do it! My husband travels a lot, but usually only during the week. As a result, I've got weekdays down pat. It's the weekend, when everyone needs to be here there and everywhere that I struggle when there's only one of me!

It's been a roller coaster of a weekend filled with ups and downs. I'll be back tomorrow to hopefully share because I haven't really been able to talk about it with anyone...

But, I wanted to check in. My weigh-in day is Wednesday and I was down another 2.5, so I'm down 5.5 for the month so I'm at 55%. Since Wednesday, my eating has been all over the map, so it's time to get back with it tomorrow and hopefully not have a gain this coming Wednesday.

anyway, I'm off to bed for tonight, but hope to be back tomorrow to read through the last couple of pages that I'm not caught up on.

Thanks to all of you for making this a great group!

Honestly... you need sleep. I can almost PROMISE you that if you spend ONE WEEK getting some normal sleep, eat on plan, stay hydrated, and maybe even some extra steps and that number will be gone!! But the sleep compontent is CRUCIAL!

I feel this way much less now that my kids are grown.....but I often felt that way when they were younger.... I never wanted to miss an event, but sometimes there was overlap (thankfully not too often).

But I still keep pretty busy with my two positions with WW, my sub job during the school year, and my maintenance job during the summer. Thankfully I'm a good PLANNER! I can also appreciate giving up a BIT of my precious weekend time to make the entire week run smoother. And I know that not everyone seems to appreciate how important that is in terms of keeping life running smoothly AND for staying on a healthy eating plan. I work with accomplished, bright, professional women who cannot seem to get their sh*t together when it comes to lunches. One in particular (won't mention any names or titles), but honestly.... EVERY DAY seems to be a lunch struggle! She is trying to eat healthier and lose a bit of weight plus she has some health concerns that necessitate her watching her sodium..... yet she shows up EVERY DAY without having eaten or packed a breakfast and VERY OFTEN with no idea what is on the school lunch menu and nothing packed for lunch. She ends up eating a school breakfast quite often, which of course you have to KNOW isn't the healthiest and is VERY white carb heavy and probably either heavy on sugar or heavy on sodium. If she has time she runs to a local market/deli for a breakfast sandwich that isn't probably much better.

Lunch is another similar struggle, although she often doesn't have the time to run to the local market if she has a lot of meetings. I often feel badly for her when she knows she shouldn't eat the school lunch option but hasn't prepared/brought anything else. I could offer SO MANY suggestions but it isn't my place for now... but when she does ask I'll say..... make extras at dinners over the weekend and packs it up for lunches....buy a rotisserie chicken and pull it apart into individual portions - put the portions in a glasslock container on top of fresh baby spinach and when you heat it for lunch the greens will be cooked - and you can top that with different sauces for a different lunch every day (like garlic hummus, salsa, black bean sauce, marinara)...... make a crustless veggie quiche in a 9 x 13 pan - cut into 6-8 squares and put each slice into a low carb roll or Sandwich Thin for a quick egg sandwich for breakfast OR lunch.... make a huge batch of soup over the weekend.... something super easy like lentil or split pea or potato soup or even something a little bit more time intensive like chicken vegetable (use the chicken carcass from the rotisserie chicken you ate last week!), broccoli cheddar (it can be made light and still be delicious), beef barley - freeze in individual portions in mason jars. That way you can heat it up in the jar (as opposed to freezing in plastic containers or ziptop baggies).

78%

Crazy week, but glad you managed a loss despite it all!

Prayers for you and DH.

I'm so proud of everyone's numbers!! You guys are kicking A!

In non-weigh in news, it's been an incredibly long weekend here. I'm so close to being caught up on orders, though, which is nice, and I was able to get some new things listed this weekend, too. I'm so ready to sleep, though! I've got one more painting to get out and then it's super easy stuff. This painting is kicking my butt, though. It's not cooperating and there is absolutely no reason for that. Grrrrr. @pjlla - your daughter is too funny! I couldn't help but laugh at her "hint" on those tumblers! :rotfl:

Here's the before/after haircut photo, @pjlla - View attachment 157387 - not incredibly different, but enough that it makes a difference to me! Haha.

Is anyone watching Little Big Shots, the new Steve Harvey show? These kids! I feel like such a slacker now!

Hair looks GREAT! Makes me want to head to the hairdresser! Yes, my DD LOVES your stuff.... I guess I'll be having to place an order soon!

Happy birthday to you BOTH!

Feel better soon!

Week Results:

First of all.... take care of your lungs... you need them in good working order!!! Second.... WOWZA to you for being there for her! I love your thinking that you found a more important PURPOSE for that race... so proud of you!!

And third.... WOOHOO on meeting your goals for the week!

Hey friends! Happy Monday! I was up and showered and ready to get dressed when I dashed downstairs to turn on the coffee maker and saw that the answering machine was flashing.... lo and behold, we got a call that we had a weather-related 2 hour delay! It must have come in when I was showering and DH was shaving and the bathroom door was closed because no one heard the phone. Plus it came unusually late... usually we get the call by 5:45 but this must have come sometime after 6 am. Anyhow.... I'm up and showered and I laid out/ironed my entire week's worth of work clothes yesterday, so now I have a bit of extra time to chat here!

Cooked up a batch of kidney beans yesterday, so I will be making some bean soup tonight for later in the week, plus I'll pack up a few 1 Cup portions of beans to toss in the freezer. Tonight's meatless Monday lentil stew (dal palak) (new recipe) is HOPEFULLY ready to just re-heat (I made it yesterday afternoon since the recipe said it was better the second day). I say HOPEFULLY though, because when I tasted it last night after it had cooked more than double the recommended time, the lentils were STILL a bit hard. I admit, I did use yellow lentils rather than red, which I know are a bit larger... but I was surprised that after cooking for 40 minutes and sitting for a few hours and then cooking for another 30 minutes that they were still a bit hard! But I'm not giving up.... even if I have to cook it for another hour!

Dentist after school today and then a chat shift for WW from 6-9 pm, so no promises I'll be back tonight. But I'll post once more before I dash out the door this morning because I haven't posted my percentage toward goal yet! Gotta do the math!....................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter