Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

I definitely would not advocate putting down a pace that you definitely won't be anywhere near being able to maintain (if you're running with people who are much faster than you, that can be a safety issue), but if you think you'll get faster between registration and the race, you can put in a faster pace.

Completely agree - sadly its on the honors system. People do it and I mentioned it because you can in theory do this - I don't approve of it but I know of people (aka: friend) who puts herself in at 7 mile minutes to get Corral A for shorter picture lines when she should be back in the 10 minute mile people. Boo.

HOWEVER, When I registered for Tink I put myself into the 12-13 minute mile people for the 10K and I am just about there right now. You never know where you'll be in 6-9 months. :D

@JacknSally I just purchased a shirt from your shop! So cute! :)

I AM SO EXCITED!!! Dis-friend orders are my FAVORITES! Thank you, thank you!

I'll admit, I totally forgot that "woohoo Wednesday" was coming!

My woohoo for today is that I hit my 10,000 steps before 5pm! I went out for a walk after a relatively sedentary day at school (working in the office) and was determined to hit the 10K before finishing my walk!

I can totally relate to what you are saying about the lemons. I tried a new greek lemon chicken soup recently and it was SO overwhelmingly lemony I ended up tossing out the entire thing.... I couldn't do anything to save it. And I followed the recipe very closely! DD and I both really like lemon, but it was like eating sour lemonade with salt and chicken added.... EWWWWWWW!

Oh Dona.... I'm so sorry you've been stressing. I'm familiar with your "holiday history" with the in-laws and you are absolutely one of the most patient women I know.... you have done SO MUCH and I know that your DH must appreciate it. Glad you were able to talk to him about it And glad you had some "fun" stuff on the calendar. Hope you enjoyed your movie date!

So glad you are allowing yourself some time to get settled into a pattern with WW. SO many folks beat themselves up if they aren't PERFECT from day 1!!

Wwoooohoo on the scale moving in the right direction by a big jump!

Love to see a picture of the haircut!

DD and I both "liked" and commented on some of your new t-shirt designs on FB. I would love to order some for our trip in September, but she likes men's cut t-shirts and I prefer a ladies cut.... but we want the same color/design. Would that be an option?

Wish we could walk together..... I am much more likely to walk with DD or DS or DH than I am alone.... but most of the time "alone" is my only option.

Honestly, I don't really think that I'm restless as much as the app shows I am. It was rather puzzling to me.... especially since the first 10 days I had the Fitbit seemed to track my sleep pretty precisely (as much as I could tell). But thank you so much for the suggestion.... I will keep it in mind.

I will definitely keep this in my prayers. I hope that they at least give you the opportunity for an interview.... I'm sure that being there in person you could definitely convince them that even thought perhaps you aren't the "ideal" candidate on paper, you are definitely a great choice!

I give you credit for trying to not break your streak, even with a cold! Hope you feel better soon!

Hey friends.... busy here, but trying to find a minute between tasks to catch up here! You all have been SUPER active, which is great!!

Just remembered a second woohoo for today..... it is SURVIVOR NIGHT!

Had a lovely and PRETTY kale salad tonight topped with craisins, a few seeds, some WW cheese, and a diced apple.... I'll share that as my "pretty food picture" for this week's challenge later. I usually do quite a bit of cooking and was looking forward to sharing something really homemade, but this week has been strange and busy and I haven't made anything particularly "photo" worthy!

Any of my WW friends planning to be on the live call with Oprah in a few minutes??

Anyhow.... time to get back to work!! I'll try to carve out some extra time in the morning to be able to say hello before work!.......P

You can definitely order the same design on two different style shirts! Each design has every shirt style & size listed so you can just select the one that you want.

I'm trying hard to avoid mentioning my shop every time I post, haha, but if you have any questions or anything you can definitely message me here or on Facebook or on Etsy!

And I'll totally do a before/after haircut picture - after I wash it again. Haha. My hair girl puts product in my hair before she dries it, to protect it from the heat, but it always makes my hair super flat, so I usually have to wash it and restyle it myself before it looks "right" to me haha.

My productivity took a big hit today. There was a GIANT wasp in the kitchen/living room and my dog likes to try to catch and eat insects, so as soon as I saw it, he & I locked ourselves up in another room until DH got home to kill it (I don't do bugs. Especially ones that fly. And especially flying ones that sting.) ... We were in there for an hour LOL but I have been so sleepy ever since. And itching to go for a walk! But now it's after dark so I'm SUPER not going by myself. Sigh.

@SarahDisney I just wanted to sympathize with your job application frustrations! I can't tell you how many jobs I applied to in the last 6 months, and I haven't even gotten responses from them yet. Applying for jobs is such a game of having the prettiest piece of paper with juuuussstttt the right words on it, and I hate hate hate it. I'm dreading having to start that back up.

I will tell you that when I was a hiring manager, I didn't immediately reject anyone because of employment gaps, or with multiple jobs, or with short employment, depending on the reasons. Just got lazy and didn't want a job? Not a good excuse. Just didn't like it anymore? Sorry. But a valid reason, like knowing you weren't the right fit, or no growth potential, or wanting to experience different jobs to better strengthen your skills, or looking for long-term employment that allows you to utilize your skills in order to best benefit both yourself and your employer - those totally make a patchy resume not as bad. It's all in how you spin it. ;-)

Sending lots of luck and pixie dust your way!!! Try to stay as positive as possible!

Last edited:
Still not sticking to my diet so I did an extra 30mins with my training app. That puts me at 90/510.

I was looking at Pinterest and came acrossed a website with several one month exercise challenges. Tomorrow I am going to try a few of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good morning friends! I was up early this morning for my chat job, but of course, the Dis was down for maintenance. And frustratingly, I was trying to sitting comfortably here in my room, but I'm borrowing DS's laptop (I don't have one.... just a desktop and an Ipad), but it had started a Windows update some time during the night and it wouldn't stop.... so I had to drag myself down to the desktop at 4:30 am.... thank heavens for coffee!

Also just got a call 10 minutes ago that instead of being in a rough 3rd grade class, I am subbing GYM!! Woohoo..... I'll definitely get my steps in today! AND..... I don't have to get dressed up!! Gotta love a day I can work in my warm-up pants! Fingers crossed that today's weather allows me to take the kids outside for a bit!

And may I say again.....mmmmm...... COFFEE! I'm a morning person, so I thought working at 4:30 am wouldn't be too bad.... but I keep forgetting about it and going to bed too late!

Hey.... quick question..... anyone here ever use Invisalign? I've been considering it for a while, but decided it was too much money.... but I looked into it AND DH says there is a bit of "extra" in the Flex Spending Account (we thought both kids were going to have wisdom teeth removed last year but neither of them did) and he gave me the go ahead to look into it.

BTW.... HAPPY St. Patrick's Day!! I'm not Irish (not that I've ever been able to prove on Ancestry.com) and I don't really care for green..... and I'm waiting for the corned beef to go on markdown next week before I make it.... so I'm a terrible representative of this day!! But I'd drink green beer if it were offered!::yes::

WOOOHOOO..... just saw today's weather forecast.... high temps up to 63° today and no real rain 15K steps, here I come!!

TTYL........................P

Still not sticking to my diet so I did an extra 30mins with my training app. That puts me at 90/510.

I was looking at Pinterest and came acrossed a website with several one month exercise challenges. Tomorrow I am going to try a few of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wanna share the link? I could use some extra exercise inspiration!................P

Question of the Day – Thursday, March 17th:

disney-festival-fantasy-maleficent-030914.jpg

The Maleficent float in the Festival of Fantasy parade has received much praise for being technologically advanced. But Maleficent is not the only fairy who makes an appearance in this part of the parade – Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather are featured too.

mm1380307_10152086600563737_48181995_n.jpg

At the beginning of Sleeping Beauty, these three fairies grant special gifts to the infant princess Aurora.
We all have many special gifts and traits that make us unique and wonderful. Today let’s talk about what makes us special.

What are three special gifts, traits, or talents that you have that make you special and unique?
Feel free to list more than three – we all have so many things that make us special, and it’s sometimes hard to narrow down that list!

Don’t forget, today is the last day for our week 2 challenge! If you haven’t already done so, share your beautiful healthy food pictures and recipes!

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night/whatever, all!
Once again, I overslept, so no time to chat. I'm off to get ready for my run, and then I'm making waffles with my sister. Not particularly healthy waffles, but she's been complaining a lot lately that she keeps sleeping in too late, and I figured that making breakfast together was a good way to get her out of bed early. (She's not big on the healthy breakfasts, minus eggs, so my breakfasts may not be the best when I do this, but it's worth it to not hear her complain about waking up at noon).

And it's after 7 now ... gotta run!

Can you post that for us? I'm interested to see what this is... and congrats on finishing. That soreness you're feeling is your muscles telling you YOU ARE AWESOME :D

Sure! If you want to see the graphic from pinterest go here. I think it should be the first one https://www.pinterest.com/search/pi...ped&1=day|typed&2=arm|typed&3=challenge|typed

But this is link to the actual page. It doesn't have the nice graphic but it describes each exercise.
http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/21-...988?crlt.pid=camp.86HO0hvkKfNS#photo-37016988

Hope that help.

Hello everyone!! We have a beautiful sunny day and I should try to be very productive at work this afternoon, so that there is a hope of getting out a little early to enjoy the sunshine!

I am somehow still struggling with eating and tracking and exercising. The exercising is due to still be a little under the weather from that stupid cold. It just does not want to go away... The eating is not horrible, but not as good as it should be. And the scale is giving me stupid numbers every second day (yesterday was good, today was crappy) and I can feel that it is water. Not sure what is up with me... But at least I am still lower than the start of the month, even on crappy days. So, I am moving in the right direction and hopefully everything else will fall into place, too. This weekend I am going away to visit my sister. So there will be plenty of temptations. I am definitely an "event eater", I find it very difficult to not treat myself when I am away and there are interesting foods to be had that I can't get at home.

I'm trying hard to avoid mentioning my shop every time I post, haha, but if you have any questions or anything you can definitely message me here or on Facebook or on Etsy!

I had a look and really like your stuff! I love that it is not the usual cutesy stuff that seems to be prevalent on a lot of Disney inspired products. Yours are very stylish! I was wondering if you ever considered doing anything Disney Cruise Line inspired?

What are three special gifts, traits, or talents that you have that make you special and unique?
Feel free to list more than three – we all have so many things that make us special, and it’s sometimes hard to narrow down that list!

Wow, this is always a difficult question as I don't want to sound arrogant or so...

But here it goes:
I am a very loyal person.
I have a lot of community sense and believe in putting effort into working for a common goal.
I am smart.
I am a rule follower.
I am very tolerant with regard to other people's lifestyle choices and beliefs (unless it is a choice that is dangerous for themselves or others).

Ok, those are just of the top of my head. But I think the first ones to pop in my mind are most likely the most characteristic ones. At first I was going to write about my lovely curls until I realised that this question was really more about our personalities than our appearance. So, I hope my answer makes sense. It would have been so much easier to list the gifts, traits and talents that I don't have, but would love to have.

The Maleficent float in the Festival of Fantasy parade has received much praise for being technologically advanced. But Maleficent is not the only fairy who makes an appearance in this part of the parade – Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather are featured too.

At the beginning of Sleeping Beauty, these three fairies grant special gifts to the infant princess Aurora.
We all have many special gifts and traits that make us unique and wonderful. Today let’s talk about what makes us special.

Don’t forget, today is the last day for our week 2 challenge! If you haven’t already done so, share your beautiful healthy food pictures and recipes!

Things that make me special or unique....This is a tough one for me. I would say that I am good at sewing. I made my prom and homecoming dress in high school. I haven't made anything in a very long time and would love to get back into it. I also feel like I am a very good listener. I also see the bright side of things and the good in everyone.

so I had to drag myself down to the desktop at 4:30 am.... thank heavens for coffee!

Wowsa that's an early start - then you go and teach all day as well - you are a superwoman!

Ok here goes
My first special gifts are my kids - I have 3 haha - but having them makes me a better person.
I am an awesome Mum (most days) - I sacrifice lots for my kiddos (not everyone does - but not anyone on here I'm sure from what I have read from those of you who are parents).
Whilst I think of myself as weak quite often and experience a lot of self-doubt - I have a good friend who tells me I am the strongest person she knows after watching me go through some really hard times and pulling myself up out of it and going to university when my youngest ones started school.
I am also fiercely loyal to my friends and family.
I am always willing to help someone out if they need and I can.

ok that's more than 3 - looks like I'm a better person that I thought lol :P

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night/whatever, all!
Once again, I overslept, so no time to chat. I'm off to get ready for my run, and then I'm making waffles with my sister. Not particularly healthy waffles, but she's been complaining a lot lately that she keeps sleeping in too late, and I figured that making breakfast together was a good way to get her out of bed early. (She's not big on the healthy breakfasts, minus eggs, so my breakfasts may not be the best when I do this, but it's worth it to not hear her complain about waking up at noon).

What a good sister you are - you can add that to your list of traits :D

It would have been so much easier to list the gifts, traits and talents that I don't have, but would love to have.

I agree when we think of ourselves we mostly tend to be hard on ourselves and look at our flaws o_O

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

tumblr_m11nfoGSPl1r3v0j0o1_500.png

Happy St. Patrick's Day, friends! I have a lot of Irish ancestry so I take a lot of pride in this holiday! Gotta represent :P

I'm going to come back later to answer the question of the day. I want to give it some serious thought. @SarahDisney I just want to let you know how blown away I am with your hosting! Not that I ever doubted that it would be awesome, but I am super impressed every day by how well you tie in your QOTD with the topic and theme, and how thought provoking your questions are! Thank you for being a rockstar!

Just popping in really quickly to check in and wish everyone well! I'll check in periodically through the day but I have a LONG to-do list and am trying to ride the wave of energy & productivity that I feel evaporating very quickly. i haven't actually been to bed yet, haha. I did succeed, though, in waking DH up this morning and getting in a walk before he went to work. It's currently 7:50am and I'm at 6,380 steps so far! Woooooo! Also got in a little bit of breakfast, which never happens. The longer I sit at the computer, though, the heavier I feel my eyes getting, which is not conducive to doing all of the things I need to do! It's supposed to rain again this weekend so I would love to get the yard mowed sometime today but I just don't think I'll actually get around to it. We'll see!

Leaving y'all with my favorite Irish blessing...

dd2ab3b1f101e45a6e797e98c6f0ddfb.jpg

WooHoo Wednesday, March 16th:

WooHoo Wednesday is a very special tradition that we have on these challenge threads – it’s a chance for us to take a break and celebrate our victories (big or small).

While the announcement of the Festival of Fantasy parade was exciting for Disney fans, around the same time we got some sad news, with the official confirmation that the popular parade Spectromagic was being permanently retired.

Spectro_Magic_Title_Unit.jpg

SpectroMagic was introduced as part of the Walt Disney World Resort’s 20th anniversary celebrations in 1991. This 20 minute nighttime parade featured scenes from movies such as The Little Mermaid, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, as well as a vast collection of other characters. The lights and technology used in this parade were truly phenomenal, and it quickly became a fan favorite.

Let’s shine some lights on ourselves today, and share some of our favorite magic by talking about the great things that we’re celebrating today.
It’s WooHoo Wednesday - what’s your WooHoo for today?

My Woohoo this week is that I worked out both Tuesday and Wednesday. I also submitted my application for graphic design school. I graduated with my BA years ago in a totally different field. So excited about the potential to combine both passions! WOOHOO

Woohoo Wednesday! I am happy to Woohoo at the fact that I went to trampoline class yesterday for the first time in three weeks.

Trampoline class sounds SO FUN! Tell us more... I want to sign up for one near me!

My special gifts. Hmmmm.
1. I'm creative. I love crafting and taking on projects. I have also designed a lot of curricula for non-formal ed classes and you definitely need creativity there!
2. I'm caring. I care about a lot of issues that go on all over the world. I also sympathize easily with others - including people I have no connection with.
3. I'm a good advice-giver. Or so I've been told.

As for the photo challenge... I will confess I made it last week but I think they're impressive looking.

Spicy california stacks. Like a deconstructed sushi roll and perfect for people who don't like seaweed (I do like it, for the record). Layer a 1 cup measuring cup with chopped cucumber, then a layer of mashed avocado, a layer of shrimp or crab, and brown rice (that's mixed with a bit of rice vinegar). Top with spicy mayo, sesame and a drizzle or two of soy sauce.

MMMMM I have to make these again soon!
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!!!! @JacknSally LOVE the pictures!

I'm feeling the holidays spirit today for sure! St Pats is a big deal in my DH's family. DFIL is Irish, we got married in Ireland, and even the dog at our family shop wears green on St Pats if that tells you anything :shamrock: :rotfl:It was a lovely misty morning that fit the Irish tone so well so I am in my "super loving Ireland happy place" right now. Now.... if I can only hold back on all the beer and meat and potatoes tonight I will be in good shape. Wish me luck-- I'm going to need all the luck of the Irish to stay on track! Haha!

I am definitely an "event eater", I find it very difficult to not treat myself when I am away and there are interesting foods to be had that I can't get at home.

I like that term "event eater" -- certainly describes me to a T. I definitely struggle with the novelty of things I don't or can't make for myself so wanting to indulge.

As for the photo challenge... I will confess I made it last week but I think they're impressive looking.

Spicy california stacks. Like a deconstructed sushi roll and perfect for people who don't like seaweed (I do like it, for the record). Layer a 1 cup measuring cup with chopped cucumber, then a layer of mashed avocado, a layer of shrimp or crab, and brown rice (that's mixed with a bit of rice vinegar). Top with spicy mayo, sesame and a drizzle or two of soy sauce.

MMMMM I have to make these again soon!
View attachment 156833

OMG that looks DELICIOUS!!!!! And I am one of those people that doesn't care for the seaweed so that looks perfect!!! Thank you for sharing that!

QOTD: Hmm.... I would have to say I am:
1) crafty/creative -- in my next life, I want to be a children's party planner. Everyone tells me I missed my calling on that one.
2) determined -- except for when it comes to loosing weight ironically. In every other facet of my life, I am very stubborn when it comes to making sure things get accomplished and on time in the correct way.
3) adventurous -- I live for trying new things and going to new places. Sadly, some anxiety issues have been surfacing which has made some aspects of this difficult. Namely, flying anxiety. I don't know why-- I used to be a great flyer. But I'm DETERMINED so I'm coming up with ways to over come this :-)

Only time to answer the QOTD for now.... but I'll be back later to catch up!!

Hmmm...... I'm pretty neat and organized, which makes it easier to do things like meal planning and packing lunches.

I'm a pretty hard worker.... which means I naturally get a lot of steps and "exercise" even into an average day.

I like to read...... so I really ENJOY reading what you all post here and replying!

Not sure if it is a gift or trait, but I LOOOVVEEE fruits and veggies..... which DEFINITELY makes it MUCH EASIER to keep the weight off! I truly feel badly for people who hate produce.... I cannot imagine how hard my eating would be if I only primarily ate meat, dairy, and carbs! I would STARVE!

I'll try HARD to get my pictures on tonight! I took them with my phone and it is a bit of a PITA to get them onto the DIS from there.

I'm at 6,820 steps already! WOOHOO.... not bad for 10 am on a work day!!...............P

Three special gifts/traits:

Transformative... I can look at something and see how it can be something completely different. When I was crafting professionally (farmer markets, craft show etc) I was always re-purposing... one of my favorites was using a toast rack for my small packaging supplies. But I also do it at work, always thinking how can this be better and not getting stuck in "because we've always done it this way".

Creative... dovetails into transformative quite a bit, but also speaks to the desire to create a finish product/process.

Fluid... I shift gears quickly and easily, if Plan A isn't working out I can get to B, C, D easily and with minimal pain and suffering :).

Thank you so much for these questions, as they are so timely for me! I've been feeling very insecure about new job responsibilities and trying to grow in ot the role as quickly as possible, and it is helpful to step back and think about what I"m good at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter