Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

E

Well.... today was going to be SO productive, but when making my bed I discovered our (water) bed has sprung a leak.... GRRR.... what a major PITA!:mad: Had to COMPLETELY disassemble a king size water bed with 10 heavy tubes and lay the entire mattress and half of the box spring out in the sun to dry (THANK HEAVENS it is a nice day).... plus do two more loads of wash for the sheets and mattress covers (I had a mattress cover over the box spring as well that got really wet). Waiting now for the first of the two loads to finish spinning so I can HOPEFULLY get it in the sun today (although my clothes line loses its sun by mid-afternoon this time of year) and then will toss in the second load. I do NOT think I will be sleeping in my bed tonight. Guess DD's bed will have to do! DH can sleep in his chair, which he does often anyhow, when his shoulder is bothering him.

Totally disgusted and frustrated because in addition to getting nothing "extra" done, now my bedroom is torn apart and I hate that.... it stresses me!

Off to hang laundry......................P
What a nightmare! I hate when unexpected things like that pop up and throw off your whole day. I wouldn't even know where to start with a waterbed leak. Uggh. I feel for you.

What did you do this week to make yourself better?
Is there anything that you could have done this week but did not do? How will you ensure that you spend the next week making yourself better?

This week, I tried to be more active - walking outside (with hills) instead of inside. I would like to fit more vegtables in my meals this week. I threw away two sweet potatoes that I told myself I would eat with my lunches last week. I think I'm going to try to plan my lunches (including sides) in the morning so that I don't get lazy.

Week 2 Results
Progress: 5 of 5 workouts
Results: 100%

I held myself accountable this week and did what I needed to do. Yoga on Monday, Personal Training on Tuesday and Thursday, LONG walk on Friday, and a half marathon on Saturday should give me the five that I need :)

No weight loss yet - I noticed after I run that I retain water as muscles heal. I'm maintaining right now, but who knows what it'll say on Tuesday when I try again to weigh in.

Summing It Up Sunday – Sunday, March 13th:

I really took care to watch what I eat and use MFP. I didn't get to the gym as much as I should have but with the possibility of a stress fracture in my heel, the need for a root canal on a tooth that had a filling done back in January and that time of the month I've been feeling a bit unmotivated.

I have gained a pound and a half this weekend but it is due entirely to that time of the month. I'm on BC so having it every three months makes it particularly uncomfortable. Luckily I'm one of those gals who only has it for about 3 days! Woohoo!

My plan this week is to continue using MFP and get to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It can be done!

OH! I also get to say that my husband and I did a major clean on the house and it looks great! Well I'm off to bed! Have a good night everyone!

Question of the Day – Monday, March 14th:

FoFp2-Neeley.jpg

This week we’re celebrating the newest parade at Walt Disney World, Festival of Fantasy! Paying homage to the unbridled magic and vivid pageantry of Fantasyland and its many inhabitants, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade is a thrilling sight-and-sound spectacular that winds its way through the streets of Magic Kingdom park each afternoon. This innovative parade features state-of-the-art floats starring Characters from some of your favorite Disney stories, plus colorfully costumed performers on stilts, pendulums and swings. It’s a dazzling sight unlike anything you’ve even seen or heard, and a festival of fun for everyone!

festival-of-fantasy-parade-debut-6.jpg

The first unit in the parade is the Princess Garden – featuring many of the princesses and princes we know and love from our favorite Disney movies.

Most of us will never star in a Disney film – but that doesn’t mean we can’t feel extra special sometimes! For many people, rewards can be a great motivator. Additionally, as you progress throughout your healthy journey, rewarding yourself for your healthy efforts will reinforce your new habits and inspire you to continue your journey.

What do you do to make yourself feel like a princess or prince? How do you reward yourself when you reach milestones or want to celebrate progress towards your goal? Do you have an “ultimate reward” in mind for when you reach your goal weight?

Hey guys!
As usual, I'm behind schedule, so everything will be a little late today. I'm hoping I get time to come back and read through/do replies later this morning, and the progress report will hopefully be posted before noon.

Have a great morning, all!

Summing it up Sunday is our way to end the week reflecting on the challenges and progress of the last week.

During the holiday season, Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade was converted to Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade.

Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade was very popular during its run, and many people felt that it was even better than the year-round version of the parade. Many of Disney's holiday and specialty parades are even more beloved than the "regular" parades. Disney always loves to give us something special and better!

Every day we can work on making ourselves better – better eaters, better exercisers, and better people. We don’t need to wait for special occasions to work on improving ourselves!

Is there anything that you could have done this week but did not do? How will you ensure that you spend the next week making yourself better?

Don’t forget – progress updates are due by 5 AM (Disney World time) tomorrow. For those of you who are not in the US, we changed our clocks this morning (I miss that hour of sleep), so keep that in mind when thinking about time!
If you haven’t already posted or sent me your progress update, please get it in soon. Thank you!

This week I did really good. Tuesday-Thursday I got all of my steps in and i was eating really good. This weekend Wasn't great because I was sick and wasn't really eating or doing much. Even though I am feeling better I am still really congested. I still plan on eating good and walking as much as I can this week.

I lost about 1.6 pounds last week and lost another 1.8 pounds over the weekend for a total of 3.4 pounds.

My scale is acting flukey. I think I stayed about the same, based on a weight I took last Thursday. But yesterday it was giving me a very strange weight and said I only had 5% body fat -- yeah, right! So I am going to say I am down 1.5# for the month and that makes me 25%.

Crazy busy weekend here, and my eating suffered. DH feels bad he is going to be away on a major business trip for DD's birthday, so he essentially wanted to turn the weekend into a two day celebration. We went to Cheesecake factory on Saturday. I think the front door should come with a warning, entering immediate adds two pounds;) That said, I purposefully got a sandwich with healthy components, knowing it would be cut in half. I only ate one half, but that was probably still double my normal lunch calories. Then three of us shared one piece of cheesecake, but seeing as one piece is likely 1200 calories there, it was still a lot. Then everyone wanted pizza for dinner. Ugh. Yesterday started good, but then as we got busy and were on the road for hours going to visit family, we ended up making a stop for donuts to hold us over until dinner. So, basically my entire weekend consisted of junk food.

This week I am going to be preparing for my daughters birthday celebration, and that includes lots of sweets. It is going to be a battle from now until next Sunday!

@flvy I am sorry you feel the need to go, but I understand that sometimes pulling away is whats needed. I hope whatever is causing you stress improves and you feel comfortable coming back. There are a few times I have sort of pulled away from these or other boards because I felt like I was getting consumed by them, and my involvement went from productive to unproductive. I hope you get support elsewhere and find your way back when you are ready.

@courtneybeth Awesome job at the RNR DC race! Congratulations on the PR:)

@pjlla and @SarahDisney I just have to say, I am so impressed with your ability to keep up and respond to everyone. I have been reading along, but from mobile devices which makes multi quoting and responding tough, and the time you guys take to respond is really impressive. Thanks for all the support you give everyone!

What do you do to make yourself feel like a princess or prince? How do you reward yourself when you reach milestones or want to celebrate progress towards your goal? Do you have an “ultimate reward” in mind for when you reach your goal weight?

Made it through the weekend. I knew this wouldn't be a good last couple days and I was right. Thursday I spent all day working on a video project which meant a lot of sitting down time. Then we went out to eat a bunch this weekend... long story short is I've lost 1/4 lb since last Thursday. Not as much as usual, but in the grand scheme of things, I'll take it.

My ultimate reward is 100 lbs and celebrating with a trip to Disney World with the family. My short term reward is getting to 50 lbs which should come sometime Mid-April. I don't really have anything in mind for that one... but I'll take suggestions! Probably just buy some new clothes or something small.

Don’t forget – progress updates are due by 5 AM (Disney World time) tomorrow. For those of you who are not in the US, we changed our clocks this morning (I miss that hour of sleep), so keep that in mind when thinking about time!
If you haven’t already posted or sent me your progress update, please get it in soon. Thank you!

This week, I worked out twice - once Friday, once Sunday. I absolutely could've worked out more and I should've. I will try to get more workouts in this coming week.

Hope I'm not too late for progress update!
This week I lost a pound.

Total loss: 3lb/5lb
total: 60%

I like to be pampered at the spa. Nails, hair, massage - the whole enchilada. My boyfriend and I are both trying to be healthy. We set milestones for us to both reach. If we both reach them, we get to do something together. Sometimes it's go out to eat at a favorite restaurant, go see a movie, etc. The ultimate reward is that if we meet our goals by Memorial Day, we go indoor skydiving (but this may change)!

Summing it up Sunday is our way to end the week reflecting on the challenges and progress of the last week.

During the holiday season, Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade was converted to Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade.

Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade was very popular during its run, and many people felt that it was even better than the year-round version of the parade. Many of Disney's holiday and specialty parades are even more beloved than the "regular" parades. Disney always loves to give us something special and better!

Every day we can work on making ourselves better – better eaters, better exercisers, and better people. We don’t need to wait for special occasions to work on improving ourselves!

The scale has started to show me 196, which is a significant number for me... it's the lightest I've been in the past 4+ years, so I feel like I'm transitioning to a new phase. I also feel like I'm just starting to look like myself again. I've been reviewing pictures of myself taken over the past few years and in most of them I don't even know who that person is. I seem to have a magic mirror at home, that makes me look younger, cuter, and thinner than I really am, so I haven't had a very clear picture of myself for quite a while - except in pictures, some truly dreadful pictures, but even the not so dreadful ones just don't look like I think I look.

This week I am focused on drinking more water and taking in less salt (I bought a bag of rice chips last week, which is something I don't normally eat). I have a streak of 14 10,000+ step days going, but haven't been hitting my 15,000 per day goal. With the time change yesterday, the extra hour of day light after I get home will be very helpful, provided the weather settles down... we are having a very wet and stormy spring.

FoFp2-Neeley.jpg

This week we’re celebrating the newest parade at Walt Disney World, Festival of Fantasy! Paying homage to the unbridled magic and vivid pageantry of Fantasyland and its many inhabitants, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade is a thrilling sight-and-sound spectacular that winds its way through the streets of Magic Kingdom park each afternoon. This innovative parade features state-of-the-art floats starring Characters from some of your favorite Disney stories, plus colorfully costumed performers on stilts, pendulums and swings. It’s a dazzling sight unlike anything you’ve even seen or heard, and a festival of fun for everyone!

festival-of-fantasy-parade-debut-6.jpg

The first unit in the parade is the Princess Garden – featuring many of the princesses and princes we know and love from our favorite Disney movies.

Most of us will never star in a Disney film – but that doesn’t mean we can’t feel extra special sometimes! For many people, rewards can be a great motivator. Additionally, as you progress throughout your healthy journey, rewarding yourself for your healthy efforts will reinforce your new habits and inspire you to continue your journey.

Well, being single with no kiddos, my entire life is all about me :butterfly. But my plan was to go in and get my Juvaderm filler refreshed around the corners of my mouth after I hit one-derland. Without it I look super tired and crabby, and with the weight loss there's a lot of sagging going on. I haven't made an appointment yet, but do plan on getting in next week, so that it's done before I head to Texas over Easter weekend.

If I keep on the same path, I should be close to or at goal by the end of the year. That is always a reflective time of year, when I pull out the list of all the things I didn't get accomplished during the year - again - but this year the list will be looking pretty good. Haven't thought about a specific reward... probably should, and also map out something mid-way as well.

I haven't set up little rewards this time like I have in the past because the weight loss and feeling comfortable in my own skin is the reward that keeps me going. With that said I also do love buying new clothes as I shrink down and can't fit into my old clothes. My ultimate reward is a photo session with a photographer! The only "professional photos" that my DH and I have are when I was really unhappy with my body and in spite of looking at those pictures and still feeling beautiful I just want some wonderful professional pictures taken of us when I feel happy and beautiful. We'll also be doing MM in WDW because last time I felt so great and loved having the pictures taken and this time I know I'll want them all!

As for this past week I think I got a taste for maintaining and it was pretty good! I'd obviously like to balance it out more instead of eating everything in sight on the weekend and then really scaling back during the week. But all-in-all sometimes you just need to eat 40 pizza rolls in two days :laughing: . This weekend I was much more well-behaved and I plan on eating some fitpoints daily so that I can feel more full and less deprived. I'm looking forward to see what this week in weight loss brings!

Well it has been a crazy week for me healthwise, workwise and having an unexpected flat tyre. I think going to the Drs was a good step to making myself better - exploring the health effects of my being overweight. I could have made some better choices food wise - have had takeout a couple of times - but yesterday I watched my Mum and son have some decadent pieces of chocolate cake and I did no join them - which I usually would have - so yeah to me for that. This week I think I am increasing my activity with 3 early morning workouts.

Going to the doctor is always a good thing - it's great that you're serious about taking care of your health.
Increasing your activity is a great thing to do this week!

This week, I tried to be more active - walking outside (with hills) instead of inside. I would like to fit more vegtables in my meals this week. I threw away two sweet potatoes that I told myself I would eat with my lunches last week. I think I'm going to try to plan my lunches (including sides) in the morning so that I don't get lazy.

Walking outside is always a nice change!
Vegetables are very important - I hope you can get lots of them in this week!

Three days of flooding and now we have tornadoes and more rain and flooding! If only we'd had a chance to put out grass seed last week. :rotfl:

Seriously, it sounds like you guys lost the weather lottery this week...
I hope you're staying safe!

Week 2 Results
Progress: 5 of 5 workouts
Results: 100%

I held myself accountable this week and did what I needed to do. Yoga on Monday, Personal Training on Tuesday and Thursday, LONG walk on Friday, and a half marathon on Saturday should give me the five that I need :)

No weight loss yet - I noticed after I run that I retain water as muscles heal. I'm maintaining right now, but who knows what it'll say on Tuesday when I try again to weigh in.

Yay for another week of getting in all of your workouts!
I think your body is getting used to your new running and workout habits. With time, the weight loss will happen.

I really took care to watch what I eat and use MFP. I didn't get to the gym as much as I should have but with the possibility of a stress fracture in my heel, the need for a root canal on a tooth that had a filling done back in January and that time of the month I've been feeling a bit unmotivated.

Sometimes it's hard to get in exercise when you're so busy, especially if you're dealing with an injury. But you just have to keep trying!

My plan this week is to continue using MFP and get to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It can be done!

Awesome plan! You can do it!

This week I did really good. Tuesday-Thursday I got all of my steps in and i was eating really good. This weekend Wasn't great because I was sick and wasn't really eating or doing much. Even though I am feeling better I am still really congested. I still plan on eating good and walking as much as I can this week.

Great job sticking to your plan!

I lost about 1.6 pounds last week and lost another 1.8 pounds over the weekend for a total of 3.4 pounds.

Congrats on the additional loss - you're making great progress!

My scale is acting flukey. I think I stayed about the same, based on a weight I took last Thursday. But yesterday it was giving me a very strange weight and said I only had 5% body fat -- yeah, right! So I am going to say I am down 1.5# for the month and that makes me 25%.

Sounds like you may be needing a new scale soon :(

Crazy busy weekend here, and my eating suffered. DH feels bad he is going to be away on a major business trip for DD's birthday, so he essentially wanted to turn the weekend into a two day celebration. We went to Cheesecake factory on Saturday. I think the front door should come with a warning, entering immediate adds two pounds;) That said, I purposefully got a sandwich with healthy components, knowing it would be cut in half. I only ate one half, but that was probably still double my normal lunch calories. Then three of us shared one piece of cheesecake, but seeing as one piece is likely 1200 calories there, it was still a lot. Then everyone wanted pizza for dinner. Ugh. Yesterday started good, but then as we got busy and were on the road for hours going to visit family, we ended up making a stop for donuts to hold us over until dinner. So, basically my entire weekend consisted of junk food.

This week I am going to be preparing for my daughters birthday celebration, and that includes lots of sweets. It is going to be a battle from now until next Sunday!

Birthdays can cause a lot of trouble. Stay strong - you can get through this!

@pjlla and @SarahDisney I just have to say, I am so impressed with your ability to keep up and respond to everyone. I have been reading along, but from mobile devices which makes multi quoting and responding tough, and the time you guys take to respond is really impressive. Thanks for all the support you give everyone!

Thank you for your kind words!

Made it through the weekend. I knew this wouldn't be a good last couple days and I was right. Thursday I spent all day working on a video project which meant a lot of sitting down time. Then we went out to eat a bunch this weekend... long story short is I've lost 1/4 lb since last Thursday. Not as much as usual, but in the grand scheme of things, I'll take it.

Any loss is better than nothing! Great job!

My ultimate reward is 100 lbs and celebrating with a trip to Disney World with the family. My short term reward is getting to 50 lbs which should come sometime Mid-April. I don't really have anything in mind for that one... but I'll take suggestions! Probably just buy some new clothes or something small.

Disney World is an excellent ultimate reward :)

This week, I worked out twice - once Friday, once Sunday. I absolutely could've worked out more and I should've. I will try to get more workouts in this coming week.

It's good that you realized that you can do better!

Hope I'm not too late for progress update!
This week I lost a pound.

Total loss: 3lb/5lb
total: 60%

Awesome progress!!

I like to be pampered at the spa. Nails, hair, massage - the whole enchilada. My boyfriend and I are both trying to be healthy. We set milestones for us to both reach. If we both reach them, we get to do something together. Sometimes it's go out to eat at a favorite restaurant, go see a movie, etc. The ultimate reward is that if we meet our goals by Memorial Day, we go indoor skydiving (but this may change)!

I like the idea of doing something together when you reach your goals - it helps motivate both of you and it's always nice when you can have special time together!

The scale has started to show me 196, which is a significant number for me... it's the lightest I've been in the past 4+ years, so I feel like I'm transitioning to a new phase. I also feel like I'm just starting to look like myself again. I've been reviewing pictures of myself taken over the past few years and in most of them I don't even know who that person is. I seem to have a magic mirror at home, that makes me look younger, cuter, and thinner than I really am, so I haven't had a very clear picture of myself for quite a while - except in pictures, some truly dreadful pictures, but even the not so dreadful ones just don't look like I think I look.

Yay for getting to your lightest weight - that's awesome! Sometimes it is hard to recognize what you're seeing in the mirror, and pictures really can be very helpful for giving you a better sense of where you are (and how close to/far from that may be from where you want to be).

This week I am focused on drinking more water and taking in less salt (I bought a bag of rice chips last week, which is something I don't normally eat). I have a streak of 14 10,000+ step days going, but haven't been hitting my 15,000 per day goal. With the time change yesterday, the extra hour of day light after I get home will be very helpful, provided the weather settles down... we are having a very wet and stormy spring.

Yay for more water and less salt (just make sure you keep an okay balance). And more daylight always helps with getting in extra steps - I just hope it's dry enough for you to go out and get in some awesome exercise!

Well, being single with no kiddos, my entire life is all about me :butterfly. But my plan was to go in and get my Juvaderm filler refreshed around the corners of my mouth after I hit one-derland. Without it I look super tired and crabby, and with the weight loss there's a lot of sagging going on. I haven't made an appointment yet, but do plan on getting in next week, so that it's done before I head to Texas over Easter weekend.

I love that you had a plan for when you hit onederland and that you're sticking to it. It's awesome that you're doing something that will help you feel good about the way you look!

If I keep on the same path, I should be close to or at goal by the end of the year. That is always a reflective time of year, when I pull out the list of all the things I didn't get accomplished during the year - again - but this year the list will be looking pretty good. Haven't thought about a specific reward... probably should, and also map out something mid-way as well.

Definitely set up some rewards - it really will help keep you motivated!

I haven't set up little rewards this time like I have in the past because the weight loss and feeling comfortable in my own skin is the reward that keeps me going. With that said I also do love buying new clothes as I shrink down and can't fit into my old clothes. My ultimate reward is a photo session with a photographer! The only "professional photos" that my DH and I have are when I was really unhappy with my body and in spite of looking at those pictures and still feeling beautiful I just want some wonderful professional pictures taken of us when I feel happy and beautiful. We'll also be doing MM in WDW because last time I felt so great and loved having the pictures taken and this time I know I'll want them all!

I love the idea of a professional photographer as your ultimate reward!! Once you've lost the weight and love the way you look and feel, you'll definitely want pictures that show that!!

---

Today is officially day 2 of my new "eat less than 400 calories before noon" challenge ... and it's 11 AM and I've eaten about 450 calories :(.
My wi-fi was being wonky again, so I decided to reset the router. It's working better now, but while I was downstairs dealing with the router, I figured I might as well eat a cookie.
Yeah, not my best idea.

Hopefully the rest of the day can be better.

@courtneybeth Awesome job at the RNR DC race! Congratulations on the PR:)

THANK YOU! Slowly but surely I am improving my strength and speed with each race. I'm hoping to get to a sub 2:45 by October so I can get into a good corral for the runDisney challenges next year. I liked the 3:15 proof of time better but there's inconsistencies with how these are being presented. Wine and Dine says 2:45, yet Avengers says 3:15. It's hard to determine what is accurate.

You'll definitely need new clothes for 50 pounds - perfect way to celebrate! :D

Yay for another week of getting in all of your workouts!
I think your body is getting used to your new running and workout habits. With time, the weight loss will happen.

I think so too. I'm also building muscle and the fat hasn't quite burned away. It'll be a "gain/lose" scenario for a little bit but I feel so much better.

Today is officially day 2 of my new "eat less than 400 calories before noon" challenge ... and it's 11 AM and I've eaten about 450 calories :(.

You're doing great - just 50 calories over isn't terrible. Just don't eat the extra calories after lunch. Look at it as borrowing from 60 minutes from now ;)

Hey friends..... well, the office staff here at school is on to me! They have finally figured out that if they don't keep me busy, I"ll end up spending time on the Dis.... so now they have started leaving me projects for the times when I'm here!

Right now, I am officially on lunch (although I m sitting at the desk), so no guilt....but also NO TIME to chat! I'll be back tonight..............P

THANK YOU! Slowly but surely I am improving my strength and speed with each race. I'm hoping to get to a sub 2:45 by October so I can get into a good corral for the runDisney challenges next year. I liked the 3:15 proof of time better but there's inconsistencies with how these are being presented. Wine and Dine says 2:45, yet Avengers says 3:15. It's hard to determine what is accurate.

I'm guessing we'll see 2:45 in Avengers (sorry, Super Heroes) registration, and they just haven't changed it yet. I kinda get it at DL, where there are fewer corrals and it just moves from 1-2 corrals without POT to 2-3 without POT, but with WDW, where there are 15-20 corrals, they're going to end up with 7-8 corrals of people without POT, and how can they organize that?
Oh well, we'll see what happens when registration opens.

Hey friends..... well, the office staff here at school is on to me! They have finally figured out that if they don't keep me busy, I"ll end up spending time on the Dis.... so now they have started leaving me projects for the times when I'm here!

Busted!
Focus on your work, we'll be here when you're done!

PROGRESS UPDATE: WEEK 2 – March 14th, 2016

The results are in - here are our progress reports for the second week of March!

@4Mickeys - 31.80%
@5xdisneyfans - 54%
@chasingthtdream08 - 20%
@courtneybeth - 100%
@CruisingKate - 25%
@Dr Gunnie - 38%
@dsnyfn1022 - 62%
@DVCFan1994 - 25%
@dylans mommy - 56.60%
@Flossbolna - 35%
@Lady Marie - 83%
@mamattorney - 59%
@MochaDrinker - 0%
@Oneanne - 32%/42%
@PoohBelle - 0%
@SarahDisney - 51.89%
@ski_mom - 40%
@tortilla24 - 60%

Congrats to all those who have made progress towards their goal! I know some people are still struggling - know that we believe in you and you still have over half of the month to make great progress!

If you don’t see your name on the list, that means either you didn’t get me a progress report or (equally likely), I missed it. If you want your progress on this list, let me know and I’ll edit the post and get you in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter