Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

I think this a little odd, but when I am feeling down I listen or watch stand up comedy. Sometimes just getting myself laughing helps me to keep going when I want to give up. I especially like Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan. They are funny without being mean or vulgar. :)

That doesn't seem odd to me - it makes perfect sense! Sometimes when you're feeling down, you just need a laugh!

The questions this month are so thought provoking! I don't think I have a good answer. My "down" periods tend to sneak up on me and last a long time. To this day, even though I've lost all this weight, I don't feel that different about myself. I feel accomplished, but I don't feel my self worth skyrocket or anything. I guess my mother taught me well - I don't place a lot of "self value" on my size because I know I'm so much more than my physical looks. So this time, I think I realized that my size was impacting me physically - airplane seats were TIGHT. Chairs with arms were TIGHT. I was avoiding climbing the stairs in my house because it made me out of breath. I was "this" close to being turned away from a ride at Universal. Adding all of these things up made me decide to make a change. And now - remembering where I was and how I don't want to be there again has recently allowed me to nip things in the bud and snap me out of a bad place and gets me back on track. My most recent bad place was January. I didn't expect to lose weight during the holidays, but I was really disappointed with how January went. I felt like I was doing everything right, but things weren't working the same as before. Then, in February, I decided to join the Feb challenge here and it really helped - so finding some great support probably also got me out of my funk.

Thanks for sharing!
A lot of times its hard to identify one thing that snaps you out of a bad funk, but just knowing that you have a good motivation certainly helps.
And it's awesome that you don't judge your self-worth by your size - you really are so much more than how you look!

My tip/trick is that I talk to my husband and he makes me feel better. Somehow he always has the right thing to say and/or he'll crack a joke to make me smile. And often I don't want to smile and I want to be sad - so I'll make this frustrated face and then giggle to feel better. I don't let a bad weigh-in, a rough week, or anything else try to affect my mood. (Recent circumstances not counted - that's a bit of a traumatic experience and IS affecting my mood).

It's awesome that your husband is such an awesome support system for you!!!

-waves- Hello! I hope I'm not too late to join the party! My name is Kiren and I'm hoping this week I can really get started again at the gym! I've been dealing with an injury for the past year and a half that has made it difficult to work out. I injured my ankle through work and while the injury itself wasn't major (bruised my ankle bone), the poor physio and improper treatment has turned this into an ordeal. But I was on the mend! I was given authorization to start a workout program through, did the first day and... Woke up the next morning unable to walk on the good foot. :mad: What a frustrating setback. It looks like I've damaged the fat pad on my foot. So I haven't been able to work out for about 4 weeks. I'm not allowed to lift while on my feet and I can't be bare foot weight bearing. Basically I need pillows on my feet to walk anywhere. But I plan on heading to the gym tonight with my husband and doing some upper body and core work. So my goal right now is not necessarily weight loss. It's getting to the gym. Preferably three times a week at a minimum right now. So that's my goal!

Welcome! We're so glad you're joining us!
Wow, sounds like a crazy ordeal! Getting to the gym is a great goal, and hopefully it makes you feel great!

Usually if I get down into a funk I make a trip out to my riding stables. While I can't currently ride at the moment, being around the horses (especially the one I've been leasing) tend to make me feel so much better! I've tried hard to get away from my stress eating and I think I've succeeded! Now I stress drink tea! Lots and lots of tea!

Being around horses sounds great. Sometimes being out there with nature or animals you love can be so relaxing.
And tea is awesome :)

No, this is probably my biggest struggle. It is also why I think it took so long for me to finally find success losing weight. I tend to pile on top of myself when I am feeling bad. I have a very hard time relaxing and shutting down my thoughts. Its why I sleep so little. I can not turn my brain off. This is probably the one issue I wish I had an answer too, but I really don't. My best tactic, though not always successful, is to get up early, before everyone else in the house and start my day on my own. I find that it makes everyone's morning less stressed/rushed. And if everyone is less stressed and happy, I'm more likely to stay on track for the day. And yes, in my former professional life, I was a therapist (LCSW) so one would think I'd be on top of my emotions etc. So not:) I was great at supporting others, teaching them all kinds of therapeutic approaches. Just didn't work on myself!

I also find running to be an escape. But it doesn't always work and sometimes it backfires. Sometimes when I really am having trouble coping with stress I will go for a run, and it really helps reset me. But, if I have a bad run for some reason, I then get more down on myself, compounding the problem.

I get that. Sometimes it's so hard to get out of a bad funk. I think starting off the day on your own is awesome, and it's great that running can help you sometimes!

---

For anyone who hasn't already done so ... I highly recommend reading the posts on this page from @Flossbolna & @DVCFan1994 about calories/MFP. It's a lot of great information about how your body handles calories and how your activity level affects how much you should eat.

For anyone who hasn't already done so ... I highly recommend reading the posts on this page from @Flossbolna & @DVCFan1994 about calories/MFP. It's a lot of great information about how your body handles calories and how your activity level affects how much you should eat.

I agree - those were such great posts! I've read that before, but you both put it in such easy to understand and follow terms. Very helpful. Thank you!

Oh I am having trouble keeping up with this thread this month. Very busy on here which is a good thing.

Yesterday QOTD I am not sharing much of what I am doing with people in my life. I share on here and one other place where people don't actually know me. I find if people know too much they watch everything you do and try and sabotage me. If I feel like a treat I have it and with nobody knowing what I am doing they can't give me that OMG look because I am eating something "bad". I have actually found when I am part of a group or game thing that costs money I fail. Maybe because I feel pressured from it? I don't know. I am keeping a pretty agenda with a plan in it for me only to see and love it.

Today QOTD I have so many things I find I am not really enjoying like I could be if I was lighter and healthier. I found my last trip to WDW was an eye opener for how uncomfortable I was. Dreaded pictures and some rides were a squeeze especially with one of my children in them with me. I was worried I would squash them.LOL. I really want to get more out of my future family trips. Don't expect to be super thin but comfortable. One motivator for me especially with my exercise is my dear friend that left us too soon right before Christmas. She was AMAZING even in the hospice. So positive and motivating. When I think I am too tired, I am too sore or it is too hard I think I am alive and can do these things that my friend would have done anything to have in her last days. So it hurts but that means I am alive. That lady did everything that most people wouldn't right until the end that most healthy people don't take advantage of being able to do.

I will try and keep up better with all of you. At a all day hockey tournament with my DS tomorrow. Lucky us got the first game at 7am! Can you hear the sarcasm? LOL.

Personal Trainer is taking my sessions to the "next level" as she says. I'm feeling so much stronger during and after my workouts and happier once I am done with them.

Wall balls now feature throwing the ball at the "up" part of the exercise. Lunges now incorporate the 'hay bailer' exercise. And toe taps involved moving as I do them. I love that I'm feeling the progress as much as I am seeing it. It's making me excited to work out nearly every day. Think I may go for a 5K run tomorrow night after work.

I've been convinced for the last year or so that I have an underactive thyroid, largely due to the fact that I have had progressively worsening hair loss and acne that has really spread in the last year, but also some other symptoms... 2 dermatologists told me that my acne was just part of life, a PCP told me there's no way I could have an underactive thyroid (despite taking him a list of symptoms that said otherwise - we really think he was just resolved from the beginning to not admit it could be a thyroid issue, because he really didn't appreciate that we took the time to research it... He gave us a major "oh you're just a woman with the internet" attitude from the get-go) and it had to be PCOS and stress, and my OB/GYN told me I didn't have PCOS but he'd treat me like I did anyway, which resulted in a diabetes medicine that made me sick (because I don't have diabetes) and a birth control that made me CRAZY.

So now we've found an endocrinologist who seems like he's worth a try, but I don't want to go to him until I can tell him "I've spent the last 30 days (At least) eating better, exercising, taking vitamins, and using Rogaine and here are my results"... I know that if I say I have trouble losing weight, he'll ask if I'm eating healthy or exercising regularly - if I can't say yes, I don't feel justified in saying I can't lose weight. So that's my new goal/plan. I'm going to go back to a higher protein/lower carb diet, try to get myself to a park in the mornings to walk at least 3 days a week, try to remember to take a vitamin every day, and try to remember to use Rogaine every day (with before-and-after pictures) for the next 30 days. I think I'm going to track my foods with pen and paper instead of electronically, at least for the first 30 days.

Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 8th:

3780457508_22db11d323.jpg

As Dory tells Marlin in Finding Nemo, when life gets you down, you need to “just keep swimming.” No matter what setbacks we experience, we need to keep going and stick with our healthy journey.

Following Dory’s advice can sometimes be harder than it seems, and I know that sometimes we all need a little help. I figured that today it would be nice for everyone to share their tips and tricks on how to recover from a setback.

Please share your tips and tricks to keep swimming when life gets you down. Is there anything in particular that helps you snap out of a bad place and get back on track?

I'm really not sure what the trigger is, but I can definitely feel when the switch flips, and I'm in the place where I can get control and start to move forward. This time the switch flipped after seeing Oprah's WW commercials several times and realizing oh, she's talking to me. In particular hearing her say she'd lost herself in the weight resonated with me. I haven't had any days when I've been truly off program... over Super Bowl weekend was one of the rare times I even ate all my weeklies, but I know it can and will happen at some point. Sugar will be the toughest to come back from... once the Sugar Monster gets woken up and fed it will be in control, or out of control, either way I know it is going to be a struggle.

I've been convinced for the last year or so that I have an underactive thyroid, largely due to the fact that I have had progressively worsening hair loss and acne that has really spread in the last year, but also some other symptoms... 2 dermatologists told me that my acne was just part of life, a PCP told me there's no way I could have an underactive thyroid (despite taking him a list of symptoms that said otherwise - we really think he was just resolved from the beginning to not admit it could be a thyroid issue, because he really didn't appreciate that we took the time to research it... He gave us a major "oh you're just a woman with the internet" attitude from the get-go) and it had to be PCOS and stress, and my OB/GYN told me I didn't have PCOS but he'd treat me like I did anyway, which resulted in a diabetes medicine that made me sick (because I don't have diabetes) and a birth control that made me CRAZY.

So now we've found an endocrinologist who seems like he's worth a try, but I don't want to go to him until I can tell him "I've spent the last 30 days (At least) eating better, exercising, taking vitamins, and using Rogaine and here are my results"... I know that if I say I have trouble losing weight, he'll ask if I'm eating healthy or exercising regularly - if I can't say yes, I don't feel justified in saying I can't lose weight. So that's my new goal/plan. I'm going to go back to a higher protein/lower carb diet, try to get myself to a park in the mornings to walk at least 3 days a week, try to remember to take a vitamin every day, and try to remember to use Rogaine every day (with before-and-after pictures) for the next 30 days. I think I'm going to track my foods with pen and paper instead of electronically, at least for the first 30 days.

I discounted under active thyroid as being part of my problem because I thought it was so common to want to think that was the issue, then when I had blood work done and my Dr came back and said "under active thyroid" I was like, wow. I'm taking an herbal support supplement she recommended and what a difference it makes. If that is happening for you I hope they figure it out soon.

What birth control did they put you on?

At first I thought you may have something related to PCOS or endrometriosis - but then it has to be related to periods, but that's not acne really related.

I like your plan! When you're "regulated" and on track it'll make a world of difference!

Oh I am having trouble keeping up with this thread this month. Very busy on here which is a good thing.

It's definitely been very busy here this month. It's great to see so much chatter ... but definitely hard to keep up.

Yesterday QOTD I am not sharing much of what I am doing with people in my life. I share on here and one other place where people don't actually know me. I find if people know too much they watch everything you do and try and sabotage me. If I feel like a treat I have it and with nobody knowing what I am doing they can't give me that OMG look because I am eating something "bad". I have actually found when I am part of a group or game thing that costs money I fail. Maybe because I feel pressured from it? I don't know. I am keeping a pretty agenda with a plan in it for me only to see and love it.

It's interesting that you tend to fail with things that cost money. I think it's one of those very personal things - some people find that to be a great incentive, while others don't benefit from it.
The thing to remember is that there's no one way to do this - you have to do what's best for you!

Today QOTD I have so many things I find I am not really enjoying like I could be if I was lighter and healthier. I found my last trip to WDW was an eye opener for how uncomfortable I was. Dreaded pictures and some rides were a squeeze especially with one of my children in them with me. I was worried I would squash them.LOL. I really want to get more out of my future family trips. Don't expect to be super thin but comfortable. One motivator for me especially with my exercise is my dear friend that left us too soon right before Christmas. She was AMAZING even in the hospice. So positive and motivating. When I think I am too tired, I am too sore or it is too hard I think I am alive and can do these things that my friend would have done anything to have in her last days. So it hurts but that means I am alive. That lady did everything that most people wouldn't right until the end that most healthy people don't take advantage of being able to do.

I wish you could have had more time with your friend, but it's great that you were able to find motivation from her!

I will try and keep up better with all of you. At a all day hockey tournament with my DS tomorrow. Lucky us got the first game at 7am! Can you hear the sarcasm? LOL.

I happen to love hockey ... just maybe not at 7 am. Good luck with that.

Personal Trainer is taking my sessions to the "next level" as she says. I'm feeling so much stronger during and after my workouts and happier once I am done with them.

Wall balls now feature throwing the ball at the "up" part of the exercise. Lunges now incorporate the 'hay bailer' exercise. And toe taps involved moving as I do them. I love that I'm feeling the progress as much as I am seeing it. It's making me excited to work out nearly every day. Think I may go for a 5K run tomorrow night after work.

Yay for taking it to the next level - it's awesome that you're progressing and feeling the effects of what you're doing!

I think it's awesome that you're trying to get this thyroid thing checked out, and I hope that this is a great motivation for you to work hard! Hopefully sticking to this plan will help you, but it's good that you plan to see a doctor if it doesn't work.
Just remember - it's okay if you have a misstep once in a while. As long as you're doing your best to stick to your diet and get some exercise, I think you should go to the doctor even if you haven't had 30 perfect days.

I'm really not sure what the trigger is, but I can definitely feel when the switch flips, and I'm in the place where I can get control and start to move forward. This time the switch flipped after seeing Oprah's WW commercials several times and realizing oh, she's talking to me. In particular hearing her say she'd lost herself in the weight resonated with me. I haven't had any days when I've been truly off program... over Super Bowl weekend was one of the rare times I even ate all my weeklies, but I know it can and will happen at some point. Sugar will be the toughest to come back from... once the Sugar Monster gets woken up and fed it will be in control, or out of control, either way I know it is going to be a struggle.

Even if you can't identify the trigger, it's pretty great that you can feel that switch flip!

Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 8th:

3780457508_22db11d323.jpg

As Dory tells Marlin in Finding Nemo, when life gets you down, you need to “just keep swimming.” No matter what setbacks we experience, we need to keep going and stick with our healthy journey.

Following Dory’s advice can sometimes be harder than it seems, and I know that sometimes we all need a little help. I figured that today it would be nice for everyone to share their tips and tricks on how to recover from a setback.

Please share your tips and tricks to keep swimming when life gets you down. Is there anything in particular that helps you snap out of a bad place and get back on track?

I'm really enjoying the questions this month. I've been doing so much work on myself and reflection, and these are just helping with that.

Now when I'm upset I let myself be upset. I let myself break into pieces or freak out. I give myself 24 hrs tops and then I pick myself up and get in the solution.

It helps keep control in hard and unstable situations. I've also spent a hard time running away from my feelings so being open to them helps.

I don't know if this is the healthiest response but it really works for me haha.

For me, accountability is key when I'm in a bad place. Tracking, talking about the struggles with a "diet buddy" , and attending WW meetings really help me keep ( or recommit to) my resolve.

Where in jersey do you live? I am at exit 105 in West Long Branch.

We live in the Philly 'burbs but have a little beachfront condo in the Crest that we love escaping to most weekends.

Happy Wednesday everyone!! I am so happy that I am finally nearly healthy again and it is sunny outside!!

There are so many things I wanted to comment on over the last days that I did not find the time to comment on, so I am trying to catch up a little!

@PoohBelle I somehow must have totally missed you mentioning it before, but you said the other day that you are in China!! That is fascinating! Are you there permanently or just for a short time? I also see that you have been to HKDL! Have you been on Mystic Manor? It sounds like such an amazing attraction!!

@JacknSally I am so sorry that you are feeling so low about your efforts. Big hug!! You said that you did not do anything before your wedding to lose weight, it just fell off. However, that is not what I remember from when you started on these threads. I remember someone who was quite dedicated to eating properly. Maybe going back to the old threads and reading your own posts from that time will help you figure out what you did then when it worked. On your possible thyroid issue: I think you have a great strategy. When my thyroid issues were first detected it was because of my doctor, I never thought it could be a problem. I just had a normal check-up and he asked if I had trouble with being exhausted often, which I did have. So, he ordered my blood test to also test for Vitamin D and for my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels. Vitamin D was more or less non-existent, so I am taking pills for that now. And TSH was high, but still under the cut off. High TSH can be an indicator of the thyroid not working well. We talked about it and he at first thought that it might be enough to just have me take the vitamin D, but did ask me about other symptoms and I told him about how I was frustrated about not getting anywhere with my weight loss efforts. We decided that I should just start with the vitamin D and then come back in two months to see how I was doing. Those two months I was really eating very well. And more importantly: tracked every little thing I ate! I wanted to have a proper set of data to present my doctor when I was going to see him as well. Two months later my TSH level was even higher and when I told him about how I had monitored my daily calorie intake and what the results were, it became obvious for him. I am feeling so much better since I am taking the thyroid hormones. I am no longer cold all the time, I have more energy, I have a normal blood pressure (before I sometimes nearly fainted because it was so low) and most importantly: I managed to lose weight! Unfortunately it turns out that my thyroid recently slowed down some more, so the game began again...

@DVCFan1994 thanks for adding the MFP specific explanation to my long post yesterday!! I found that very interesting. I think this is one of the reasons why MFP is so popular and works for many so well.

I am sure there was more I wanted to comment on, but I need to get back to work!!

@PoohBelle I somehow must have totally missed you mentioning it before, but you said the other day that you are in China!! That is fascinating! Are you there permanently or just for a short time? I also see that you have been to HKDL! Have you been on Mystic Manor? It sounds like such an amazing attraction!!

Hi Flossbolna. Yes, I am living here permanently. I've been here for 3 years now and will be going home for the summer to visit my family. I am an English teacher in a small town in southern China. There aren't a lot of other westerners here so there is a lot of opportunities to help students practice English.

I loved Mystic Manor. It was very unique and a lot of fun. My friend and I only went for the day so we only rode twice, but there was a lot of different things to see and look at so I think I could have rode a few more times to see more things.

I also really liked Grizzly Gulch, which is a bit like Thunder Mountain. I think those two are my favorite. The park is quite a bit smaller than Disneyland, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Hi Flossbolna. Yes, I am living here permanently. I've been here for 3 years now and will be going home for the summer to visit my family. I am an English teacher in a small town in southern China. There aren't a lot of other westerners here so there is a lot of opportunities to help students practice English.

I loved Mystic Manor. It was very unique and a lot of fun. My friend and I only went for the day so we only rode twice, but there was a lot of different things to see and look at so I think I could have rode a few more times to see more things.

I also really liked Grizzly Gulch, which is a bit like Thunder Mountain. I think those two are my favorite. The park is quite a bit smaller than Disneyland, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

How fascinating!! Especially since it sounds like you get to experience real Chinese live. I have heard of plenty of people who were sent to China for a few years by their companies and then end up living in kind of "ex-patriats ghettos" and don't really connect with any Chinese people. In a small town that must be quite different.

A friend of mine really loves HKDL even though it is so small. He says it is the Disney park with the most beautiful setting. I really hope to get to see it one day. But first there is a trip to Tokyo Disneyland and Japan on our travel schedule.

How fascinating!! Especially since it sounds like you get to experience real Chinese live. I have heard of plenty of people who were sent to China for a few years by their companies and then end up living in kind of "ex-patriats ghettos" and don't really connect with any Chinese people. In a small town that must be quite different.

A friend of mine really loves HKDL even though it is so small. He says it is the Disney park with the most beautiful setting. I really hope to get to see it one day. But first there is a trip to Tokyo Disneyland and Japan on our travel schedule.

Yeah, I know some people like that too. Especially in the big cities it's easy to get around without having to learn Chinese or interact with the culture, but it would hard to do that where I live.

I am hoping to make it to Tokyo in the next year or two. From what I have heard, those parks have a bit more going on. But when you get the chance to make it HKDL I think you will have a good time too because there is so much to do and see in the city.

I'm really enjoying the questions this month. I've been doing so much work on myself and reflection, and these are just helping with that.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad the questions are helpful for you!

Now when I'm upset I let myself be upset. I let myself break into pieces or freak out. I give myself 24 hrs tops and then I pick myself up and get in the solution.

It helps keep control in hard and unstable situations. I've also spent a hard time running away from my feelings so being open to them helps.

I don't know if this is the healthiest response but it really works for me haha.

Okay, I'm pretty much terrible at these things, so take this with a grain of salt, but ...
I actually like this response. There's so much pressure to just "snap out of it," and I think you're right and sometimes you need to just freak out about things. Sometimes you need that time to be upset before you can start working on a solution. I think it's pretty great that you understand that you need that time and you take that time for yourself.
I'm also a big believer in "whatever works for you is healthy," but I know others may disagree with that in some situations.

For me, accountability is key when I'm in a bad place. Tracking, talking about the struggles with a "diet buddy" , and attending WW meetings really help me keep ( or recommit to) my resolve.

Accountability is always a great way to stay on track (or get back on track)!

@JacknSally I am so sorry that you are feeling so low about your efforts. Big hug!! You said that you did not do anything before your wedding to lose weight, it just fell off. However, that is not what I remember from when you started on these threads. I remember someone who was quite dedicated to eating properly. Maybe going back to the old threads and reading your own posts from that time will help you figure out what you did then when it worked.

This is a great idea! Sometimes when we're struggling, it's easy to say that nothing has worked in the past ... but if you go back and look at what you were doing a few months ago, maybe you'll find something that worked for you that you had just forgotten.
I do this a lot with various things (which is a different issue for me entirely), and sometimes the best way to get "new" ideas is by looking at what has and hasn't worked for you in the past!
@JacknSally - I also remember you working hard to make progress, and I think that there is a way for you to get back to where you were then and start losing weight again!

I have to say, I think it's pretty cool that you have this opportunity to help the students learn and practice their English! (And I'm guessing you've also learned some Chinese while living there, which is awesome - it's always nice to know multiple languages :))

---

Okay, someone remind me not to go to sleep at 10:30 anymore. I can never wake up the next morning.
Why is it that the more sleep I get, the harder it is for me to get out of bed??
WooHoo Wednesday will be posted shortly. And then I get to eat my donut for breakfast (I've been craving it for like 2 weeks, so I figured I might as well just have the donut and be done with it).

WooHoo Wednesday, March 9th:

WooHoo Wednesday is a very special tradition that we have on these challenge threads – it’s a chance for us to take a break and celebrate our victories (big or small).

So far this week we’ve been marching along with the Pixar Play Parade at Disney California Adventure. While we’re at DCA, we’ll spend today remembering the parade that debuted on Disney California Adventure’s opening day, Disney's Eureka! A California Parade.

eureka-parade-dca-412x600.jpg

This parade, which ran from 2001 through mid-2002, celebrated the many cultures of California.

One of the awesome things about our thread is that we have participants from all around the world (including California), so we get to celebrate our accomplishments around the world. What accomplishments will we celebrate today?
It’s WooHoo Wednesday - what’s your WooHoo for today?

I really hope you get it all straightened out! It sounds like regardless of the underlying cause you need a doctor who will take you seriously and listen to your symptoms, rather than just assuming that you're a woman with the internet and don't know what your own body is telling you!

I discounted under active thyroid as being part of my problem because I thought it was so common to want to think that was the issue, then when I had blood work done and my Dr came back and said "under active thyroid" I was like, wow. I'm taking an herbal support supplement she recommended and what a difference it makes. If that is happening for you I hope they figure it out soon.

What herbal supplement do you take? I'm on medicine for an under active thyroid that my doctor said I needed after some blood work was done. I honestly don't feel like it makes any difference. Just wondered what you're taking. Thanks!

Phew, this week has been crazy and LONG. I feel like it should be Thursday so somewhere I got off a day. Yesterday at work I showed up for a meeting that wasn't supposed to happen until today. It's like that episode of the Office where Michael shows up on the wrong day for his interview lol. It was embarrassing to say the least...

I had a rough start to the week food wise. This weekend I just kinda said "eff it" and ate whatever I wanted. I think it was honestly a great way to reset my brain and get me back into the plan because I've been great since then and haven't had any cravings that are taking me down. So I don't expect a loss this week based on how much I weighed in at today. But I know that weight fluctuations are a part of life and as long as I keep it at a couple pounds up and then get right back on plan then that's normal. So overall, I feel like this weekend was a great mental exercise for me in understanding that it's not just go,go,go until I hit my goal weight and then never enjoy a weekend of delicious food or eat something unhealthy ever again.

As for a woohoo...there's a FroYo run coming to KC! And @courtneybeth's posts about it on here and IG have convinced me that there's no greater run than a run dedicated to froyo. So I'm totally signing up for it. I think I'm going to do the 10K but I can't decide. My DH is usually my running partner and after our last run last year he majorly fell off the bandwagon and hasn't really gotten back on. And so I'm not sure how interested he is in running with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter