Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

Hi all,
This is not my first WISH challenge but I always seem to fall off the wagon.

This month my goal is to complete 4 workouts a week.

I have started the CIZE program and have been pretty much on track (2 days at legoland this week, but that was hours and miles of walking!).

As a Saturday woohoo - I manage an academic creative problem solving team for my daughter and they had their regional competition today and came in 1st place! On to State on 4/16/16!

Congrats to your daughter on their big achievement.:cheer2:

Hi all,

I have started the CIZE program and have been pretty much on track (2 days at legoland this week, but that was hours and miles of walking!).

Good luck - strap yourself to that wagon this month lol.

REPORT : 1 pound loss ( a little over, but I'll round it down)
1 lb/4 lb
25%

I'm happy with my progress this week - it was an exhausting one! Busy at work, working overtime. My husband is recovering from breaking right leg, so he cannot drive. I come home from the night shift and drive him to work (90 to 120 minutes round trip),then home, sleep, get the normal household stuff done, then go pick him up. The first day, I ate candy to keep awake for the drive, but realized that couldn't be a viable long-term solution. Switched it up to blasting some great work-out CDs my daughter burned for me and eating fresh fruit. Unfortunately, not getting work-outs in with this schedule, but staying on point with plan. Rested this weekend; ready for the week to come!

Week 1 Report: 3 pound loss
50%

I started at 178 and I am currently at 175. I am very happy with the results of this week!!!! I have been eating when I am hungry and not eating when I am bored (which is a big problem of mine). I am finding that on the weekends I tend to snack more though so I need to watch that some but I have been trying to pick healthy snacks. My favorite this week have been rice cakes with peanut butter and bananas on them. Its nice and filling and hits the sweet and crunchy cravings I get.

I do not have any pictures uploaded on the computer but I dressed up as Minnie mouse for Halloween this year. I think this will be my go to look for the coming years! Plus our dog's name is Minnie Mouse so it is perfect.

Week 1 report: I have lost 4 lbs since March 1st. My goal was 14 lbs this month which puts me at about 29% towards my goal. My total loss is now 35 lbs for 2016.

It's been a good week for weight loss. My guess it's because I've gone from mostly just walking to this week doing the elliptical twice for 30 min and running a mile a couple times.

IMG_3943.jpg

Running on a track isn't my favorite, but lately this is were I end up running most often. I have an apartment on the campus of the high school I teach for, and it takes me just a minute or two to walk here or walk home if I need something in the middle of my workout. I got in 4 miles today! Took me more than 30 minutes though.

The only disney costume I remember having for halloween was belle. It wasn't an official costume, but I still loved it. She'll still my favorite princess. My brother loved Toy Story and was Woody one year, but he fell asleep before we left the house :) Sorry, I don't have photos.

My goal for this week was a fail. Bah! I regained 3lbs! Hope it's just a bit of fluke. I try to weigh myself at about the same time each day and this was a major difference in just 24 hours. I did have a few cookies one night, but I can't imagine that would do it. Maybe my stomach is just having an off day. Oh well. I will try again tomorrow.

I got to run outside today and didn't think to take a picture for the challenge! Darn. But it was an awesome run. Super windy 4 miler and I felt AMAZING the entire run. Gotta love that runner's high, amiright?

I have my first race of the year at the end of April and it's a 4 miler. I can't wait to see what kind of progress I can make in 8 weeks!

Summing It Up Sunday – Sunday, March 6th:

Summing it up Sunday is our way to end the week reflecting on the challenges and progress of the last week.

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_21870.jpg

The Headless Horseman is a very popular part of the Boo-To-You parade … but let’s not lose our heads over this challenge! We’re almost a week into the March challenge, so it’s time to evaluate how we’re doing so far.

Since we’re still talking Halloween, let’s talk about the things that scared us in our healthy journey this week.

What is one thing that scared you this week? Was it a misstep or off plan day? Was there a new challenge that you were scared to take on?
Please tell us about your scary moment of the week, how you reacted to it, how it affected your day, and how you overcame that scare.

Don’t forget – progress updates are due by 5 AM (Disney World time) tomorrow. If you haven’t already posted or sent me your progress update, please get it in by then. The first progress update will (hopefully) be posted tomorrow morning.
Thank you!

But that's OK - tomorrow starts a new week.

Yes. This.
A new week is a chance to start over, repeat the things you did well, and find a way to fix the things that went wrong.
I hope this week goes better for you!

As a Saturday woohoo - I manage an academic creative problem solving team for my daughter and they had their regional competition today and came in 1st place! On to State on 4/16/16!

Yay! Congrats to your daughter's team!

I just got back from my son's friend's 12th birthday - I had a beer and a piece of very naughty chocolate cake - his friend went sky diving for his 12th birthday, it was pretty cool to watch, so brave, I would never do it. But now my son wants to - I said when you are an adult and I can't control it anymore lol.

I have friends who have gone skydiving. The idea terrifies me. I can't imagine a 12 year old doing it...

Week 1 Results: 100%

My goal was to complete 5 workouts per week. I held myself accountable and managed to have two sessions of personal training, one long-walk at Disneyland (over two hours of walking), a 5K race, and another day of just pure walking.

I also managed to lose 1 pound :)

Yay! Congrats on sticking to your workouts this week ... and on being down a pound!

Hi all,

Welcome! I'm glad you're joining us this month, and I hope we can help keep you on that wagon!!

REPORT : 1 pound loss ( a little over, but I'll round it down)
1 lb/4 lb
25%

I'm happy with my progress this week - it was an exhausting one! Busy at work, working overtime. My husband is recovering from breaking right leg, so he cannot drive. I come home from the night shift and drive him to work (90 to 120 minutes round trip),then home, sleep, get the normal household stuff done, then go pick him up. The first day, I ate candy to keep awake for the drive, but realized that couldn't be a viable long-term solution. Switched it up to blasting some great work-out CDs my daughter burned for me and eating fresh fruit. Unfortunately, not getting work-outs in with this schedule, but staying on point with plan. Rested this weekend; ready for the week to come!

Congrats on making progress despite a busy week!

Week 1 Report: 3 pound loss
50%

I started at 178 and I am currently at 175. I am very happy with the results of this week!!!! I have been eating when I am hungry and not eating when I am bored (which is a big problem of mine). I am finding that on the weekends I tend to snack more though so I need to watch that some but I have been trying to pick healthy snacks. My favorite this week have been rice cakes with peanut butter and bananas on them. Its nice and filling and hits the sweet and crunchy cravings I get.

I do not have any pictures uploaded on the computer but I dressed up as Minnie mouse for Halloween this year. I think this will be my go to look for the coming years! Plus our dog's name is Minnie Mouse so it is perfect.

Congrats on the progress!
Rice cakes are an awesome snack! I haven't had them in years (not sure why, we just don't buy them much anymore), but I've found that if you put something good on them, they really are filing. I'm glad they're working out for you!

Week 1 report: I have lost 4 lbs since March 1st. My goal was 14 lbs this month which puts me at about 29% towards my goal. My total loss is now 35 lbs for 2016.

It's been a good week for weight loss. My guess it's because I've gone from mostly just walking to this week doing the elliptical twice for 30 min and running a mile a couple times.

Congrats! It's always nice when the workouts seem to be paying off!

Running on a track isn't my favorite, but lately this is were I end up running most often. I have an apartment on the campus of the high school I teach for, and it takes me just a minute or two to walk here or walk home if I need something in the middle of my workout. I got in 4 miles today! Took me more than 30 minutes though.

I've actually never run on a track ... I can see why it might not be so fun, but it's great that it's convenient! Thanks for sharing the picture!
And congrats on the 4 miles! (4 miles always takes me more than 30 minutes ... more like 45-50 ... but what's great about running is that everyone can do it at their own pace!)

My goal for this week was a fail. Bah! I regained 3lbs! Hope it's just a bit of fluke. I try to weigh myself at about the same time each day and this was a major difference in just 24 hours. I did have a few cookies one night, but I can't imagine that would do it. Maybe my stomach is just having an off day. Oh well. I will try again tomorrow.

Sad to hear that you had a bad weigh-in today, but hopefully tomorrow's will be better!!

I got to run outside today and didn't think to take a picture for the challenge! Darn. But it was an awesome run. Super windy 4 miler and I felt AMAZING the entire run. Gotta love that runner's high, amiright?

Runner's high is awesome! Even though you don't have a picture to share, it's still awesome that you went out there and got in that run!

---

I went for my 9 mile run this morning ... but more on that in my Summing It Up Sunday response. Oh, and there will also be pictures in my response to the first weekly challenge.

But there's a Harry Potter marathon on TV, so it'll all have to wait. I love you guys, but I love Harry Potter more.

Ok, so my week ended with a pleasant surprise. I stepped on the scale and am down 0.6 kg (about 1.3 pounds). Don't ask me how and why, but I take it and am at 30%!!!!

I now also had two good days in a row with staying in my calorie limits. This afternoon at my parents I could not resist the cookies, but the damage was not too horrible. So, I am very pleased with myself. If I could just get rid of the rest of that cold so that I feel fit enough for a run again. Went for a nice walk instead today and enjoyed seeing the first daffodils and crocuses coming out. If just the weather were a bit warmer, things would pop out so quickly, I can't wait to see green again!

Thanks for adding me!

A little about myself: I'm a sarcastic mom to three little minions. I have been losing weight verrry gradually over the last year. I am at constant war with my inner child who just wants a small bit of chocolate ( or small pound of ice cream or tiny bag of chips....)

I fee like controlling my eating can be a minute to minute struggle- especially at night. I have to constantly remind myself that food is not what I need. Does anyone else feel that way?? And even when I am eating and say that's enough, I still go beyond that.

I just rejoined weight watchers yesterday for round 2. If I am not accountable to anyone then it seems I make more allowances. I read something asking if you could pay some magical amount to lose weight, would you? So this is my way of paying that in small doses each month.

I am looking to steadily lose weight with small changes and develop new habits that can truly last.

I'm scared of a lot of things but mostly how easy it is to gain weight. You have five on days and one bad night can really do some damage. The key for me to remember that it's ok to have a bad night as long as I don't throw in the towel completely. I have worked too hard to go back now.

Week 1: 10% to goal

I thought I was doing well this week until I wanted a cheat lunch. Which was fine, until our schedule went to heck and we ended up eating out AGAIN this weekend. I should have made better decisions at the restaurant but I didn't. But silver linings, I have three more weeks to get to it and make up for it. I did tell DH that we will go for a bike ride this evening so as long as I can pull him away from House of Cards, we will get in some light exercise too!

What is one thing that scared you this week? Was it a misstep or off plan day? Was there a new challenge that you were scared to take on?
Please tell us about your scary moment of the week, how you reacted to it, how it affected your day, and how you overcame that scare.

It was scary to me that I instantly turned to candy ( Reese eggs that I purchased for Easter baskets) on Monday when I needed something to keep me awake after my night shift. I know better! Plus, it wasn't just one! Going back for a third egg, I stopped myself. I've been losing so slowly this winter, so I want to redouble my efforts and get this weight loss going again. Made the decision to eat fruits, veggies, and lean protein the rest of the week and lost a little over a pound.

Summing It Up Sunday – Sunday, March 6th:

Summing it up Sunday is our way to end the week reflecting on the challenges and progress of the last week.

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_21870.jpg

The Headless Horseman is a very popular part of the Boo-To-You parade … but let’s not lose our heads over this challenge! We’re almost a week into the March challenge, so it’s time to evaluate how we’re doing so far.

Since we’re still talking Halloween, let’s talk about the things that scared us in our healthy journey this week.

Don’t forget – progress updates are due by 5 AM (Disney World time) tomorrow. If you haven’t already posted or sent me your progress update, please get it in by then. The first progress update will (hopefully) be posted tomorrow morning.
Thank you!

Sarah that is a great picture of the Headless Horseman. I took mine on Oct 29th and it is very dark but I love it.

What scared me this week is the amount of work we needed to do for the musical this week and whether we were getting certain pieces from the 3rd costumer. She has not been in the thick of things this week. I was there every night last week making sure that the kids have at least something to wear. I finally saw the dress she was supposed to be decorating and there is still a lot of work to do on it besides all the stuff for the barbershop quartet that she is working on. I have some things to do tomorrow but I will be there for 4 hours tomorrow night.

I have dipped into the chocolate bag at least once each night but that was it. I really did try to contain my snacking so I felt good about that. Another person just sent me pictures of all the hats she has worked on and they look spectacular. There is a lot to do but we will get it done by Thursday night.resized headless.jpg

Have a happy and healthy day.

I was vague about this earlier and how it affected my mood but... this is what has scared me and caused me to feel awful. Things with my parents weren't so good this week that they basically not-so-politely told me to "F" off and they not only wouldn't come to my graduation and my graduation celebration, but they no longer wanted me in their life. They pulled the same thing nine years ago when Hubs and I got married (long story of misunderstandings that culminated with my father trying to strangle my husband when things got heated and a recliner and coffee table were sacrificed in the fight). I thought we'd reconciled and moved forward, but apparently they've made excuses on why they both couldn't attend my graduation and party.

And I should be used to disappointment by now - I've been through almost 33 years of it. So the graduation party has been canceled and my beloved friends Jason and Laura (who are like family to me) will be joining us after Jason and I walk at graduation for a fancy dinner at a place called The Hobbit. Yes, a restaurant themed like the book/movie. I'm bummed to not have the party at Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55 but I cannot justify spending $80 per person to just have my husband's family there and not one person from my family. It can't be like my wedding all over again.

.... so I didn't react well to it. And I've been bummed. And mopey. But I'm starting to recover and feel more human. Getting the PR yesterday really lifted my spirits, so at least that's a step in the right direction.

I also did some damage today at Nordstrom and discovered I'm down another pant size? Size 26! (Which is crazy because I haven't really lost weight). Apparently toning muscles means that I'm shrinking. Yay. So that's how I overcame the scared feeling. Retail therapy.

But there's a Harry Potter marathon on TV, so it'll all have to wait. I love you guys, but I love Harry Potter more.

Thanks for the heads up - I needed an excuse to sit in front of the tv while doing laundry. I'll watch these things all the time even though I own like 3 boxed sets in various formats.

I was vague about this earlier and how it affected my mood but... this is what has scared me and caused me to feel awful. Things with my parents weren't so good this week that they basically not-so-politely told me to "F" off and they not only wouldn't come to my graduation and my graduation celebration, but they no longer wanted me in their life. They pulled the same thing nine years ago when Hubs and I got married (long story of misunderstandings that culminated with my father trying to strangle my husband when things got heated and a recliner and coffee table were sacrificed in the fight). I thought we'd reconciled and moved forward, but apparently they've made excuses on why they both couldn't attend my graduation and party.

And I should be used to disappointment by now - I've been through almost 33 years of it. So the graduation party has been canceled and my beloved friends Jason and Laura (who are like family to me) will be joining us after Jason and I walk at graduation for a fancy dinner at a place called The Hobbit. Yes, a restaurant themed like the book/movie. I'm bummed to not have the party at Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55 but I cannot justify spending $80 per person to just have my husband's family there and not one person from my family. It can't be like my wedding all over again.

.... so I didn't react well to it. And I've been bummed. And mopey. But I'm starting to recover and feel more human. Getting the PR yesterday really lifted my spirits, so at least that's a step in the right direction.

I also did some damage today at Nordstrom and discovered I'm down another pant size? Size 26! (Which is crazy because I haven't really lost weight). Apparently toning muscles means that I'm shrinking. Yay. So that's how I overcame the scared feeling. Retail therapy.

I would totally figure out a way to come to your graduation celebration!!!! I just wanted to say that, I understand how you feel, to a point... That's how my DH's family is to him, and have been basically his whole life. His whole family left our wedding early, literally without speaking to me, and his parents were the only ones who spoke to him and they barely said two words to him that whole night... When it finally came up later, they told us that we didn't give them a good enough reason to stay. The whole thing was devastating to both of us, and we still haven't recovered from it. The holidays were hell because it was still super fresh. I especially hate what it does to him. So, I totally get what you're going through, and I super hate it for you, but know that you have non-blood family that are CRAZY PROUD of you, and I would totally come to your graduation celebration! I'm so glad that you have Jason and Laura, too - y'all are going to have an amazing celebration!! And CONGRATS on being down yet again! WOOOOOOOOO!!

@SarahDisney I'm checking in with 0% this week. Sigh. But there are groceries in the house again so hopefully this week will go better.

Courtney I would come to your graduation if I could. I am a graduation junky. In my 38 years of teaching I only missed 2. I was on maternity leave both times. Even the year ds2 graduated HS the same day as my HS they were at different times so I could make both. I remember 1 year where I went to 4. I love them and will miss it this year.

Weekly Challenge – Week 1:

We’re introducing something new this month – weekly challenges! Every Friday I’ll post a challenge, and you’ll have until the following Thursday to answer the challenge. Challenges are about sharing with your fellow participants and bringing everyone closer to your favorite parts of living a healthy lifestyle.

This Week’s Challenge:
Are you a walker/runner? Show us some pictures of your favorite walking or running path!
Not a walker or runner? Show us pictures of one of your favorite spots – whether it’s somewhere you go to exercise or just somewhere you enjoy sitting and thinking!
If you can, spend 30 minutes in your favorite spot or path this week, then come back and tell us what you did! If you can’t make it to your special spot, spend 30 minutes exercising while imagining that you’re in your special spot. Tell us what you imagined you were doing there!

Challenge Due Date: Thursday, March 10th

I don't really have a favorite walking/running place yet - all my workouts have been either at the weight room at school or here in my basement. Hopefully with the weather getting warmer I'll find a nicer spot, but for now, this is where the magic happens.

image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter