March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

Mistylynn526 said:
Totally of DCL topic but do any of you have an iPad mini? I have two iPad 3rd gen for work and iPhone 4s all with retina display. I know the mini doesn't have it. I like the size, but not sure if the lesser picture is worth it. Just wondering if any of you had experience with both and what your feelings were..

We have both the ipad and mini and love them. Our ipad doesn't have retina display though. I was chatting with someone at best buy and he said that when you went from retina display to non retina display you get headaches. So you can tell a difference.

I saw today the apple has plans to release a mini with retina display later this year sometime before Christmas.

I like the mini the best for reading. It's ok for checking emails, Facebook, watching movies, and playing games. Those are better on the ipad. The mini also fits in my purse better.(I don't like big purses)

From reading some of the 8 day Magic threads looks like there was character breakfasts and tea with Alice. The character breakfast was listed on your dining card and the tea you need to go to guest services to reserve on the first day.

I'm excited! Hope I can convince Madison to do these. Would it look funny if I went without here? Ha ha!

Posting a link to the spreadsheet here. The information posted is only what is already public knowledge based on what is posted in this forum.

Please provide any updates you wish to make, including participation in the FE, or desire for a Dis-Meet?

The other option I have is to make the spreadsheet editable.

This is our FIRST Disney cruise and we are so excited!!!!
We would like to join the meet and FE list.

Our cabin is #6131
Adults -Will
Tonya
Kid - David (age 7)

Please add us to the lists.

We would like to join the meet and FE list.

Our cabin is #6131
Adults -Will
Tonya
Kid - David (age 7)

Please add us to the lists.

Welcome Tonya :welcome:

Any questions, just fire away, we're here to help make this as much fun as possible :)

Julie

I was looking at the Navigator for 8 night Bahama to see what movies they'll be showing and it looks like it's the same ones we saw during our Thanksgiving cruise :( I hope they show OZ - wonder if we can call Disney and make a request :laughing: Anyone have any connections at Disney? :)

I was looking at the Navigator for 8 night Bahama to see what movies they'll be showing and it looks like it's the same ones we saw during our Thanksgiving cruise :( I hope they show OZ - wonder if we can call Disney and make a request :laughing: Anyone have any connections at Disney? :)

I know you can call they will tell you what movies are playing. I just don't know the number but I'm sure its somewhere on the boards. My friends took the reposition on the Wonder this past fall and they had Finding Nemo in 3D the same time it came out in theaters. I'm guessing they will have OZ because not everyone can be at the pool at the same time!;)

jules4172 said:

I hope they are showing Oz too!

In Oct on the dream it was the same list except Wreck it Ralph. That's a new one for us. The weekend we cruised Frankenweenie came out and they showed that in the Walt Disney theater.

Glad I'm not the only one doing a lot of cruising. It addicting! In a good way.

You could easily spend several hours with rides and walking around looking at gardens. It really would be up to you to decide how long you want to allocate to another park. We are starting out at MK, to go see the new Fantasyland first, then hit our favorite rides. We will then spend the rest of the day at Epcot.

OK, we have you for 2504 on the FE List, and your Mom's cabin 2506 not on the FE list. For simplicity, the girls' stuff could go to your room?
Thanks for updating the spreadsheet. If you want complete info, mom's name is Carolyn and this is her 3rd cruise, so she is silver.

300326_10151159447445747_1596419915_n.jpg

Just wanted to post my favorite picture of my son on the Fantasy from August. :) Can't wait!!

I'm just wondering if anyone has done or is thinking about doing the Castaway Cay 5K. We are thinking of all doing it-me, my husband and our girls (11 & 13). Does anyone have any insights on it?

MAD4EEYORE said:
We have both the ipad and mini and love them. Our ipad doesn't have retina display though. I was chatting with someone at best buy and he said that when you went from retina display to non retina display you get headaches. So you can tell a difference.

I saw today the apple has plans to release a mini with retina display later this year sometime before Christmas.

I like the mini the best for reading. It's ok for checking emails, Facebook, watching movies, and playing games. Those are better on the ipad. The mini also fits in my purse better.(I don't like big purses)

Thanks! I went with the regular iPad. I wish it fit better in my purse, but I liked the picture better.

I tried to send a PM to BlueMarlin, but found out I need to post 10 times before I can send a PM. I just need to make a change to our information for the FE #1. Our 5 year old is a Male and showing as a Female. Thank you for all of your work putting together the FE. 57 days!! So excited!!

Fixed. Apology.

We would like to join the meet and FE list. Please add us to the lists.

Tonya - All set.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done or is thinking about doing the Castaway Cay 5K. We are thinking of all doing it-me, my husband and our girls (11 & 13). Does anyone have any insights on it?

I am certainly in for a 5k swim, do we circle the island? This is really cool. I have always wanted to do the Beach-Beach Swim on St. John USVI, and this would be pretty close to that.

This is our first cruise so I don't have any insights. However, our family is excited about participating. :cool1: I am hoping that having the 5K in front of us will encourage us not to go too crazy with all of the great food :rotfl2: I haven't done a 5K since 1996!! I've started Couch Potato to 5K to get ready for this one!

Look forward to seeing you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter