March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

BlueMarlin said:
Kids ask for a bigger house, and I tell them it will cost cruising. We are still in the small house and cruising :cool1:

You have to have priorities! I feel the same way. I want a new car but then think about the payment and how many cruises or vacations per year that would be.

Hi - This will be our 3rd cruise on DCKL, but we've never done the FE. From what I read, it appears its up to the organizer and/or participants to decide the frequency of giving gifts?

Blue Marlin - If you're having up to 17 in each grouping, how often do you gift? Is it obne time for each cabin onde per cruise is it that you're assigned one cabin X # of days? Sorry, I thought I read lots of threads, be can't seem to pin down that info.

Please let know. Thanks!

Hi - This will be our 3rd cruise on DCKL, but we've never done the FE. From what I read, it appears its up to the organizer and/or participants to decide the frequency of giving gifts?

Blue Marlin - If you're having up to 17 in each grouping, how often do you gift? Is it obne time for each cabin onde per cruise is it that you're assigned one cabin X # of days? Sorry, I thought I read lots of threads, be can't seem to pin down that info.

Please let know. Thanks!

Every FE is different. This is how we are doing it. We decided to have smaller groups. I read about a group having 100 and 170 cabins. Crazy!

You need to give a gift to every cabin in your assigned group. It is up to you how many gifts you want to deliver. Everyday, once per cruise...

You can do 1 gift per cabin, one per person, kids, etc...It is up to you. If you are only giving to kids , you will still need to give a gift to a cabin with only adults in it.

Hi - This will be our 3rd cruise on DCL, but we've never done the FE. From what I read, it appears its up to the organizer and/or participants to decide the frequency of giving gifts? Blue Marlin - If you're having up to 17 in each grouping, how often do you gift? Is it one time for each cabin, once per cruise? Is it that you're assigned one cabin X # of days? Sorry, I thought I read lots of threads, be can't seem to pin down that info. Please let know. Thanks!

I agree with St. Somewhere (I usually do for my own safety). Our "official" FE policy is that you must at minimum give one gift per cabin in your FE List, suitable for generic appreciation, sometime during the cruise.

If you wish to go beyond that, it is at your discretion. As Christi said and you mentioned: multiple gifts, gifting something every day, customized gifts to adults and children, boys or girls, or personalized gifts with people's names on it are all options that you may choose. We know of people who are doing boy/girl gifts and at least one person who is using the names from the FE list to personalize - which is how our FE Spreadsheet got so many fields - and these are certainly appreciated upgrades, but our goal was not to scare away people with lots of rules. So we are trying to keep the basic premise as simple as possible.

Are you in?

My favorite ad was the Budweiser one. We were just at the Warm Springs Ranch where they breed the Clydesdales and where some of it was filmed. It was so interesting and fun.

I also liked the Doritos one with the guys in tu tu's, the tide one, the one about the farmers, and the Taco Bell one with the old people.

How about you?

Please let know. Thanks!

Just like the previous post, "officially" the cabin should get at least one gift. On my last cruise someone gave us a a big with instant hot chocolate, sugars, the viva starbucks instant coffee, and instant creamers. Also someone gave the adults a present and the kids a present. I got a first aid kit for another gift too. It's a fun little exchange and my kids get a kick out of getting something.

We just limited the group in the first FE because then it gets a little out of hand delivering. I know I don't want to spend an entire day delivering presents!!

My favorite ad was the Budweiser one. We were just at the Warm Springs Ranch where they breed the Clydesdales and where some of it was filmed. It was so interesting and fun.

I also liked the Doritos one with the guys in tu tu's, the tide one, the one about the farmers, and the Taco Bell one with the old people.

How about you?

The Oreo one was pretty good, and I know lots of people were disturbed by the Go Daddy one, but for me it was the "Crack Your Nuts - Gangnam Style!" ad that was the worst. I am not a Bud fan nor an Axe fan, but did enjoy the voodoo commercials and the Chicks Dig Astronauts commercial.

This is our first cruise so I don't have any insights. However, our family is excited about participating. :cool1: I am hoping that having the 5K in front of us will encourage us not to go too crazy with all of the great food :rotfl2: I haven't done a 5K since 1996!! I've started Couch Potato to 5K to get ready for this one!

Look forward to seeing you there!

We've never run one, so this will be a good intro for us all. The main problem with us, is that I'm having gall bladder surgery this Thurs. (8 weeks exactly before that 5k). Hopefully I'll be ready to go. I can run that now (not that I'm really a runner anymore), but I won't be able to train for it for the next few weeks, so I am hoping the CC5K is VERY laid back :)

Do you had kids running it, too? I have my 11 & 13 year old girls that want to do it.

Heidi

Tonya - All set.

Thanks so much for adding us to the FE list! I noticed that we show up on the "FE#2 List" tab, but not on "FE Total Summary" tab (although our numbers have been correctly added to the FE Participant Summary counts).

We really appreciate all the time you spend maintaining the list :worship: and can't wait to meet all of you in a few short weeks!!! Love this board!

Thanks so much for adding us to the FE list! I noticed that we show up on the "FE#2 List" tab, but not on "FE Total Summary" tab (although our numbers have been correctly added to the FE Participant Summary counts).

We really appreciate all the time you spend maintaining the list :worship: and can't wait to meet all of you in a few short weeks!!! Love this board!

I added it!

Christi

How will we know who in the Promenade belongs to our meet group? :confused3
Should we have some sort of name tag?

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I feel that I already know some of you based on the communication here.

See you all soon.:thumbsup2

I just stocked up on some of the kiddos favorite Disney character shirts!!! I'm in Chicago for a conference and found the Disney store!!! They had a bunch of stuff on sale, now just to make the fish extenders and I think we're set!!! I didn't get a princess dress tho...kind of regretting it now. Oh well!

Can't wait...I'm SO excited!!!!!

FrogMBA said:

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I feel that I already know some of you based on the communication here.

I had the same question!

Hi there. My family just booked this cruise. I was wondering if there was any room left for the fish extenders. It will be my husband and I, our two kids(7,6)and the grandparents. Thanks!!!!!!

Amanda7997 just post your names and who is in your party with children s ages and stateroom number.

we are also meeting up at 3 in the Promenade on embarkation day

Indicate if you are interested in FE's , the meet or both.
BlueMarlin is coordinating this for us.

Welcome, look forward to meeting you.

Hi there. My family just booked this cruise. I was wondering if there was any room left for the fish extenders. It will be my husband and I, our two kids(7,6)and the grandparents. Thanks!!!!!!

Welcome.

Just need cabin numbers, names, ages and gender.

I will have Erik add you to FE #2. The cut off for group 2 is 2/28 or about 17 cabins.

The promenda lounge is small. I have never had a problem finding anyone. We usually just introduce ourselves.

Christi

Are you celebrating something special during the cruise?

Erik and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary on April 1. We are looking forward to spending the day at Castaway Cat and dinner at Palo.

Christi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter