March 25, 2006- Anyone else?

Pixie Dust II and 12distrips -- Welcome aboard! It's never too late to join in, although unfortunately, all 40 of the wristbands I ordered have been spoken for. If you go back in this thread, you will see a posting by geffric that lists all of us who have posted on this DIS cruise meet thread. Please join us at our DIS "meet," which will be just after the lifeboat drill (and after we all dutifully put our lifejackets back in our rooms), on Deck 10 at the place described by minneapolismickey a few posts down. Looking forward to seeing you!

geffric and dlf246 -- I'm also very surprised about The Shaggy Dog and Chronicles of Narnia not being shown -- we haven't seen Narnia and all want to. I had thought DCL always tried to show the latest and most popular Disney releases on the ships. I figured on 8 Below, although I'm not sure after leaving cold weather, I'm really going to want to sit in an air-conditioned theatre and watch dogs in the snow! Finding Nemo, Sky High, and Valiant surprised me too, because they are not exactly new. I assume "Glory Row" means Glory Road, which is supposed to be an good, inspiring movie about the 1966 Texas Western basketball team and coach. Flight Plan seems an odd choice -- a movie about a woman losing her child on a trip. Unless "Sharp Girl" means Shopgirl with Steve Martin and Claire Danes, I have no idea what it is. Annapolis, which came out this year, got awful reviews. I'm not real interested in seeing Casanova, which stars Heath Ledger and got OK reviews. And as much as I like pooh: (well, actually Eeyore), I'm thinking I'm not the target audience for Pooh's Heffalump Movie....

Minnie328 -- I'm not planning on doing a live thread and haven't seen any volunteers. I guess I'm selfish, but I just want to sit back and enjoy the cruise. :cool1:
Stay_Home_Dad_Scott -- Oh so true about our wonderful midwestern March weather! :rotfl2: I think your prescription is right on! Time for a cruise!

lflynn, you are absolutely right about the very busy short week. Work is crazed as I try to finish up everything before taking off. So this will likely be my last post before leaving on Friday. And then ... VACATION!!! CRUISING!!! WARM WEATHER!!! :mickeyjum :donald: :ccat: :tigger: :goofy: :figment: :stitch: :dumbo:
See you all Saturday!

Morning all... it was so cold here waiting for the train this am.. all I could think of is that in a few days I will be where it is warm.. Woo Hoo..

A final listing with the new DISers added:
I will be printing on Wednesday and hand out a copy to each of you on Saturday..

The March 25, 2006 DCL Western DIS Group

12distrips ( Chicago)

babs4 (Indiana) – DW, DH, DD13, DD18, DGM

camom (Southern California) – DW, DH, DD6, DD10, DD12 (Emily soccerfire11). Early seating.

*dlf246 (Scott; Little Rock, Ark.) – DH, DW, DD5, DS14, DD16. Early seating.

DMKaren (Nashville, TN) – DW, DH, DM, DB, DD10, DD12.

Flags - DH, DW, DD11,DD9,DS5,DS1 early seating

*geffric (Susan; NW Chicago suburbs) – DW, DH, DS12, and DS14 (turning 15 on cruise). Late seating. Room 5020.

*gimpeaux (Jim; Highland Park, IL) – DH, DW, and DD12 (monkeybug94). Late seating, but wait-listed for early. Room 5002.

jcuzzort1026 (Jennifer) – DW, DH, and DD2.

lflynn – DW, DH, DD almost 9. Late seating. Room 2072. First-time DCL cruisers.

mickeyworld (Judy; Wilmington, NC) - DD11 (Rachel (pfmgirl), DD15 (Kayla), and guest DD14. Traveling with another family with DH, DW, and DD12. Early seating.

*Mickeymagic – DW and DD14 (DDMickeymagic). Traveling with DSis, and DSis’s DD4 and DS16. Late seating.

*Minneapolismickey – DW, DH, DS4, DS7. Late seating. Room 7000.

*myboysmom (Madison, WI area) – DW,DH, DS7 (1st grade), DS 12 (6th grade). Early seating. Room 7012.

nucruzer – DW, DH, DD11, DS13, DGM.

Pixie Dust II – DW and DH

Riggins - DW, DH, and my 2 DDs (oldest is 4 and my youngest will turn 3 on 4/2).

*skibum (Hawthorn Woods, IL) –DH, DW, DD9, DD13 (Minnie328, turning 14 on cruise). Early seating , Room 5022. DGM and DGP in Room 5518.

Starfish-Destin (Post # 240).

* Stay_home_Dad_Scott – DH, DW, and 2 friends who are celebrating their 25th anniversary.

If I made any mistakes, typos, etc, please let me know so it will be correct on the final printing..

Susan

Yes, very cold and windy here! Snow flurries in the air! Sick and coughing people :sick: in the office (you are not going to make me sick I tell you!).

I think we are all packed and set to go. The kids are getting up in the morning now and counting down the days.

Welcome to all of those who have just joined our thread. Wishing you all safe travels!

All of us from up north must be bringing the cool weather with us to Florida. It's been in the 80s there all month, but here's the weekend outlook --

Weather.com

Friday in Orlando - Partly cloudy. High 72, Low 50.

Saturday in Port Canaveral - Sunny. High 70, Low 48.

Sunday in Key West - Mostly sunny. High 74, Low 67.

Accuweather.com

Friday in Orlando - Breezy and cool with clouds giving way to sun. High 70, Low 46.

Saturday in Port Canaveral - Plenty of sun with a cool breeze. High 67, Low 47.

Sunday in Key West - Sunny to partly cloudy. High 74, Low 66.

Still, we can't complain. Right now in Chicago, the temperature is 31 and the wind chill (!) is 18. Down to 21 tonight, only reaching the upper 30s tomorrow, and flurries and 41 on Friday as we leave for Florida.

Bring on the heat!

gimpeaux said:
Right now in Chicago, the temperature is 31 and the wind chill (!) is 18. Down to 21 tonight, only reaching the upper 30s tomorrow, and flurries and 41 on Friday as we leave for Florida.
Gimpeaux: any danger that the snow will make your travel hazardous?

Separately: 3/11-3/18 trip report says Narnia was shown in the theatre TWICE!!. I bet Shaggy Dog was shown. I wonder if the list of movies given out was those shown on tv????

dlf246 said:
Gimpeaux: any danger that the snow will make your travel hazardous?

Fortunately, none at all. The big snow went south of us, across Nebraska, Iowa, and Indiana.

We are soooooo psyched!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Tell me the forecast in Chicago looks good on Friday. I am flying out of Minneapolis through Chicago to Orlando. I don't want to run into one of the spring snow storms that have been hitting the Midwest the last couple weeks.

See you all real soon!

MickeyMagic said:
Tell me the forecast in Chicago looks good on Friday. I am flying out of Minneapolis through Chicago to Orlando. I don't want to run into one of the spring snow storms that have been hitting the Midwest the last couple weeks.

The forecast for Chicago on Friday is cloudy with snow flurries, and a high around 40. Nothing that should affect your travel plans.

have a safe drive myboysmom...see ya on saturday....

camom3 said:
Hi,

We are leaving at 4:45 a.m. tomorrow.

See you all on Saturday!

Jennifer :banana: :cool1:

Jen I hope that you are flying.. that is EARLY!! Have a safe trip.. See ya saturday

Susan

minneapolismickey said:
It will probably change every day until the cruise, so let's count on sunny and 75, shall we? DH (ex-pilot) says weather not accurate until 72 hours.
Hey Hey! (those who live near Chicago should remember Jack Brickhouse saying that... or was it Harey CArey????)

It's 72 hours to go and it says MOSTLY SUNNY :cool1:

dlf246 said:
Hey Hey! (those who live near Chicago should remember Jack Brickhouse saying that... or was it Harey CArey????)

You're right, dlf246, "Hey hey!" was Jack Brickhouse. Harry Carey's best-known phrase was "Holy Cow!" (Although I always loved the tone of disgust and dismay in Harry's voice when a Cub once again wasted a turn at bat and he would lament, "Pahhhhhpped it up.")

Here's the latest from weather.com, keeping in mind that as minneapolismickey's DH accurately notes, nothing more than about four days out means much.

Friday in Orlando - Sunny. High 71, Low 48.

Saturday in Port Canaveral - Mostly sunny. High 68, Low 46.

Sunday in Key West - Mostly sunny. High 72, Low 65.

Tuesday in Grand Cayman -- Partly cloudy. High 83, Low 75.

Wednesday in Costa Maya (this is actually the Cozumel forecast) -- Sunny. High 86, Low 72.

See you all Saturday!

Just a heads up if you give blood on a regular basis

from Red Cross site
Travel Outside of U.S., Immigration
Wait 12 months after travel in an area where malaria is found. Wait 3 years after living in a country where malaria is found.

We got back from the 2/25-3/4 western that visited Costa Maya.
And my brother-in-law went to give blood & was told Costa Maya is on that list. [Cozumel wasn't]
My sister does platlets [spelling?] and she can't donate for a year either.

They say Malaria can be transfered just being in the warm water...

If you donate regular, I wouldn't get off in that port.

otherwise everything else was great

Mr508MA

I do give blood regularly. Although the island of Cozumel is not on their list, Tulum is. We were planning on seeing Tulum, so I wasn't going to be able to give for a year. I gave last Friday, knowing I won't be able to give for a year. They were not too concerned about it.

Getting ready to drive down tomorrow. Finally started doing laundry and packing. Took a couple of seats out of the minivan.

DD13 - soon 14 (minnie328) - got her braces off today. She is in a choral concert tonight at school, and then we will pack the car.

Everybody have a safe trip down, and we will see you Saturday! :cool1:
Think lots of sun! :sunny:

P.S. - Staying at Radisson on Friday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter