March 25, 2006- Anyone else?

We had an amazing time and did the onboard re-booking! woo hoo....

Did anyone go to the DVC presentation? Or the new Disney Adventures presentation? :banana:

Not only was it 75-85 and sunny every day (instead of upper 40s and rainy, as it is here today), but as DD monkeybug94 said, what an awesome time we had. "Magic" is exactly the right word for it. Great to meet all of you!

Jim

Wasn't it great!? In case you are interested, I posted a brief trip report at the end of the "barely live" thread. I would love to know if others felt similarly/or differently on the comments....

jcuzzort1026 said:
Welcome back everyone! I hope everyone had as wonderful a time as we did!
What a fabulous trip! Great weather. Great staff. Great food. Great everything!

Jennifer

::yes:: we had a great time too.. and we rebooked for the last week in march 2008..
I agree on the food. I thought it was much better than the last cruise and i have the extra lbs to prove it....

Great to meet everyone.. It was interesting that certain people we saw all the time and others we looked for but never ran into them..

geffric said:
::yes:: we had a great time too.. and we rebooked for the last week in march 2008..

Susan, how did you rebook for then? We were told that the latest we could reserve an actual date was for December 2007, although we can change the date next September (2006) once we find out when spring break 2008 will be. Do you know already, or are you guessing, that week will be spring break for your sons?

Jim

Hi..

our school system always has spring break the last week of March, so it is a good guess. And DCL would only take a place holder reservation for us. So the answer is that I will change it Sept 2006 too.

Wow--that was a FUN trip!

Well, let's see, after we got off the boat :sad2: , we stopped at WDW for the night because Dad had his inline skating race the next day. We went swimming in big pools (in comparison to the boat..lol) and the next day stopped at Downtown Disney. At 1:30 we left for a lllooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg drive. 1254 miles later we're home! :rotfl:

Anyways, this trip was super cool, although The Stack wasn't really my thing and I kept on getting scared when I heard the "normal" horn blasts (espically at Costa Maya when the Carnival ship kept on doing the seven short blasts and then a long one...a.k.a. lifeboat warning). I got tears in my eyes when we left, but we'll be back. :thumbsup2 Grandma and Grandpa had a great time and we're thinking about celebrating their 50th anniversary on the Magic (eastern carib.) with the cousins. I hope this happens. It will be a blast to have the whole gang with. :)

Geffric (and anyone else who has done eastern and western cruises)--which cruise would you recommend for 11 people 2 or 3 kids (depending when we go) in the lab and the other 2 or 3 in the Stack? We're thinking Eastern because it would be something new for everyone....

Great to meet everyone!

We also had a great time on the cruise. I should probably try to sit down and add to the trip reports already started....

We rebooked for next March, but have been contacted that we have a spot on the mediterranean in July 2007. :cool1: Seriously considering it since we had planned to be in Germany that summer anyway. We had to drag our kids away from the kids club daily so we know that they would love a 10 day!

gimpeaux-thanks for making the bands. They are a great souvenir of the trip.

Hi,

Our trip was Bea-u-ti-ful!

I finally got around to putting up a trip report if anyone is interested.

Jen

OK no wise cracks...is anyone else still dizzy? or lightheaded? I thought i needed to find my land legs again but this seems a tad too long for that???? :confused3

Hi All,

We are just tired as our drive home was really bad. We had 7 traffic jams in two days (6 of them in Georgia!), and haven't really had the issue with the boat feeling.

We really enjoyed the cruise and would love to do it again someday. I wish Disney would be a little more resonable with their prices, or at least give those of us some time to rebook instead of having to do it before you leave the boat to get the credits. If they only knew how effective those kids in the backseat could be! I know the other lines do give you some time to book with them again and get a better deal.

I have over 200 pictures I just picked up from Walgreens. Thing is when you submit them on line for development, our store randomly prints them. Now I have to sort them into some sort of order before I take on scrapbooking them. What was I thinking taking all those pictures?!?

lflynn said:
OK no wise cracks...is anyone else still dizzy? or lightheaded? I thought i needed to find my land legs again but this seems a tad too long for that???? :confused3

DW and I each occasionally had that feeling for a few days after we got back, but it's generally gone away by now. Only other health after-effects are DD12 and I have colds...but at least they didn't start until the cruise ended!

DH is still feeling like the ground is moving a bit.. the rest of the family is fine..

myboysmom 200 pictures? That is gonna be a big album. Can you share some pictures with us?

Susan or anyone else on 3/25

I put 320 pictures on Kodak Gallery. If you send me a pm with your email address, I'll send them to you. I'm still working on putting the pictures in order and naming them, but I should be able to send them out tonight.

We took about 400 photos, but I didn't think my realatives would want to go through so many.

Jen

I haven't figured out the picture thing, I would love to share if I knew how. We got a "postcard" of a schooner and the Key West sunset that is soo neat. Think I will have to bring that one to the office.

OK, here are just 3 of my favorite pictures:
TheMaicj.jpg

The Magic at CC

keywestsunset.jpg

Key West Sunset

CaptainMickey.jpg

The Good Captain

Great pictures myboysmom.. what kind of camera do you use? Nice balance and framing to the pictures..

Castaway Cay from Topsiders

346768444%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3233%3E25%3B%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233637%3A88%3C6%3Cnu0mrj

Great pictures everyone!

geffric- I laughed a lot at your trip summary. Wish I had spent more time with you since your sense of humor is so contagious...I didn't eat ice cream even one time. Next time I cruise I will make a point of eating a Mickey bar every day :thumbsup2

camom- were you the one that gave us the glow necklaces? Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. Wish I had a more outgoing personality to get to know you all better.

Why am I still rocking occasionally? Did anyone else decide to cruise on the Mediterranean? Since we already were planning on Europe that summer, we have secured a spot on the July 18 cruise. It was great to get the discount while on the ship :banana:

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to submit trip reports and pictures. It helps to re-live some great memories while work hits with full force at home! :furious:

Hello everyone! I really miss checking the boards....

We just rebooked for next year on the Eastern March 17th! DH wants to go skiing but DD and I vote for the Disney cruise again! :woohoo:

Would love to see more pictures!!!! Keep em coming!

myboysmom...you started this whole thing up and we never found you!!!! :confused3

anyone still gonna do cruise chat?

lflynn said:
Hello everyone! I really miss checking the boards.... ::yes::

We just rebooked for next year on the Eastern March 17th! DH wants to go skiing but DD and I vote for the Disney cruise again! :woohoo:

My boys voted that they liked the Eastern better than the western since it was more days on the ship. You'll love it. Try and go to St Johns for snorkeling ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter