• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 23rd Magic Cruise Meet!

Do most people already have fish extenders? If so, can I ask where you ordered yours from or did you make it? I am thinking of ordering a personalized one from Thirty One which will double as a family organizer when we return home.

I made ours but yes you can purchase them google fish extenders and you should find pictures in google images. You can also find information of where to buy them online.

I am wondering if we have to plan for gifts for every night of the cruise with the fish extenders or just one night?

It is usually one night. It is like secret santa. You secretly go around the ship and put a small gift in each of the staterooms on the list. The list can be as many as 10 to 20. In this case it is looking small at this point but you never know. People usually get unique magnets from their home town or make things that are inexpensive.

Yea I would like more info on the details of how the fish extender deal works.

Fish extenders is like a secret gift exchange. People go around at different time and with the list I am compiling and sending everyone via the disboards private messages you will have the location of each person's stateroom who is participating. You hang your fish extender outside your cabin door on the fish. You can google Disney fish extenders and get an idea. Many people make gifts and some purchase hometown soveneirs. It is great fun. You meet great people. We also arrange a dismeets on board as well.:dance3::banana::love:

Hey everyone... Been on DCL 6 times. We are members of the Disney vacation club. Imagine my elation when I found out there was room left on this cruise !

It will be just me and DD, 12. DH is in school and can't vacation til October - and we had to use these points or lose 'em!

We did the fish extender gifts once before. If you can swing it in your budget (and bags!) it's a great idea. We normally drive to Fla from NY but there's no driving to Texas! So we'll have to do something that will fit in the bags.

We're flying into IAH Friday night - just looking for a reasonable hotel and figuring out how to get to the cruise terminal.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED !

Hey everyone... Been on DCL 6 times. We are members of the Disney vacation club. Imagine my elation when I found out there was room left on this cruise !

It will be just me and DD, 12. DH is in school and can't vacation til October - and we had to use these points or lose 'em!

We did the fish extender gifts once before. If you can swing it in your budget (and bags!) it's a great idea. We normally drive to Fla from NY but there's no driving to Texas! So we'll have to do something that will fit in the bags.

We're flying into IAH Friday night - just looking for a reasonable hotel and figuring out how to get to the cruise terminal.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED !
If you have Marriott rewards you can use those. If you join the Marriott rewards program sometimes they a deal. As for transportation to the port We are using Disney because I don't want the hassle. It may be pricey but worth it because you know you get your money's worth. I take it you would be interested in FE. I am compiling the list so if you can send me the info in a private message with your stateroom number that would be great.:dance3::cheer2:

Besides FE we have also had a DIS Meets where we pick a location on the ship to meet at a certain time of day. It is fun to meet the people we have been chatting with.... If so we can decide a time and place.....:cool1:

Just spoke to DCL. $60 round trip per person from either Hobby or IAH.
They said its like an hour drive.
The only issue is we'd be flying in on Friday night. I guess I could take a cab from the hotel to the airport on sat morning

Anyone think we can get a better deal ?

Yes. But there are shuttles from the airport to hotels. Let me know if cab fare is cheaper. I was told it wasn;t.

:dance3:
Boarding times are now avail on Disney Site. Unfortunately, times left were later than I wanted and an hour after hotel checkout, so guess we'll be sitting for at least an hour with our bags:( Got our excursion booked though, so super excited!!!

PS- We are in for fish extenders! I have a fun idea!!! And got an extender ordered from a friend.

Not to sound spoiled--- but we've been to Cozumel and GC twice before. The one excursion we were most looking forward to isn't available on this cruise :-(

We wanted to go to the secret river cave thingy. So bummed. We even looked into doing it aside from Disney (booking it on our own) but bc it's on the mainland, they can't guarantee we'll make it back to the ship in time :-(

Not to sound spoiled--- but we've been to Cozumel and GC twice before. The one excursion we were most looking forward to isn't available on this cruise :-(

We wanted to go to the secret river cave thingy. So bummed. We even looked into doing it aside from Disney (booking it on our own) but bc it's on the mainland, they can't guarantee we'll make it back to the ship in time :-(
I hate that you can't do the one that you want! I am a little disappointed that we don't have full days at the ports of call, so we won't get to do everything we want. But, I've got some fun stuff lined up! Here is a link for some really cool excursions in Cozumel (some are a little out-of-the-box in a good way): http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/
In Grand Cayman my favorites are turtle farm, snorkeling, dolphin swim, and rum point. There are good ones on the Disney Excursions too.

:dance3:
Boarding times are now avail on Disney Site. Unfortunately, times left were later than I wanted and an hour after hotel checkout, so guess we'll be sitting for at least an hour with our bags:( Got our excursion booked though, so super excited!!!

PS- We are in for fish extenders! I have a fun idea!!! And got an extender ordered from a friend.

Great I will put you down for fish extenders. I am organizing the list. Could you send me a private message with your information and cabin number please.

Hi, we are so excited to take our first cruise! My son is five and way more excited for this trip than when we went to Disneyland last year. Looking forward to learning about fish extenders, etc.

I am organizing the list for fish extenders. Could you please send me your information via a private message including your cabin number. I will be finalizing the list the week before we sail.:cheer2:

First post of the March 23, 2013 cruise meet on the Disney Magic! Who's going to be on this cruise? :)

Are you interested in being included in fish extenders? if so please send me your information for the list via a private message as I am organizing the data so everyone can have a list of what cabins to treat.:cheer2:

My husband and I will be on this cruise. It is our 7th cruise. Fish extenders are an exchange that people take part in and place door hangers on their doors. As we have more posts we will need someone to gather the information of who wants to participate and their state room numbers. Then a week before we sail send out the final tally so people can do their final preparations for the gifts, souveneirs or items to exchange. We have received a variety of items from homemade gifts to unique souveneirs. It is great fun. Then during the cruise each person has their list and we sneak around and place our gifts into the door hangers. It is quite fun. I will be glad to compile the list and I will check in often. We will need to find out how many want to participate. Then later next month February we will choose a cut off date. So here it is. Who wants to participate in fish extenders let me know. I need to know how many adults male/female how many children male/female and ages. Also if you know your stateroom number that is helpful but you can give me that info as we get closer to sailing. Who is up for fish extenders?????:cool1::cheer2::wave2::beach:
This is our second time on the Magic. We are super excited to go again! Thanks for organizing the Fish Extenders - can you please PM me with an email? We'd like to participate, but alas - I'm blocked by the 10 post requirement first. At least this post should count as 1 :)

Hi there. We would like to participate in the fish extenders on the Magic sailing March 23. We are 2 adults (1 male/1 female) and 2 children (1 male/1 female). My name is Michelle McBurney, our stateroom number is 1047. Anything else you need from me? Very excited. This is our 2nd Disney cruise this year!!

Hi there

I would like to be added to the list for the Magic sailing on March 23. We are a family of four, Me, my husband and my 2 children, one boy and one girl. Our stateroom is 1047. McBurney Family. Do you need anything else from me?

Michelle

Hi Leah
I can't send you a message until I have 10 posts? Thank you for the reply. I can't seem to find the facebook page? Help? I have a 7yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy. So happy to be on the fish extender list, we thought they were so neat. Now to come up with something...

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter