March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

That is terrible. :( Hope you have a great trip to the Med! I have removed all of your information from the group lists.

If anyone out there is looking for a great excursion in St Thomas, there are 3 spaces left on our private daysail. We (me, DH, DD17) booked the High Pockets again because we had such a wonderful experience with Captain Kathleen in 2010. It’s a beautiful day on a sailboat with snorkeling and/or beach stops in St John, open bar included with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a really delicious lunch prepared on board by Kathleen. I love snorkeling, my DH is more of a beach person, and my daughter (14 at the time) wanted nothing to do with the water at all, and Kathleen made sure we all had a great time. If you are interested, you can find a much better description of the day at www.sailhighpockets.com and reviews from other cruisers on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. It’s a pricey excursion ($130 per person cash, $140 pp w/credit card, plus r/t transportation to Red Hook, which Kathleen arranges) but it was definitely worth it; one of the best and most relaxing excursions we’ve ever done (and I finally got to see sea turtles!).

Kathleen only takes a maximum of 6 passengers and the price is the same per person whether she takes 3 or 6 - I just thought I’d mention it here since I’d rather share the boat with fellow Dis’ers than with complete strangers. :)

There are also lots of other private daysail operators if you interested and have more than 3 people; Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic have reviews and recommendations on most of them. It’s a really a wonderful way to spend the day in St Thomas.

Hi, I'm on this cruise, but no need to add me to the roster--I'm Castle4us 's DS16. I checked and you have us on already for our stateroom.

I'll double check with her, but I think we're in 8558; 8556 was our original, but we switched for a veranda without an obstruction on one side.

I'll double check with her, but I think we're in 8558; 8556 was our original, but we switched for a veranda without an obstruction on one side.

I will wait to hear from one of you to make the change. :)

Hi everyone. We booked this cruise a while ago but weren't certain until we recently booked our air that we were actually going to go. Very excited now to have this to look forward to. We're coming in on Friday the 22'd and always rent from Hertz at the airport , they're right in front of the Country Inns and Suites and they're good about dropping my husband off the morning of the cruise. He drops us off first then goes to return the car and they bring him over.
This will be our first cruise as platinum :cheer2: so very excited to get early boarding, free Palo and extra gifts. Also our first time flying Southwest so any tips there would be appreciated. I did purchase the earlybird to try to get an early boarding position. It would be a bummer if the three of us couldn't sit together.
We're staying the weekend after at Disney so doing Easter at Disney for the first time too. Should be awesome! Look forward to meeting you all, we've made some nice friends over the years on past cruises!.

:welcome: to the crew! Another surprised kid. :) I'm not good at keeping secrets. The kids even know when opening day is. I have had to arrange for them to be picked up for school in the past so I could be on the phone to make our 2008 EBPC reservations.

Hi everyone. We booked this cruise a while ago but weren't certain until we recently booked our air that we were actually going to go. Very excited now to have this to look forward to. We're coming in on Friday the 22'd and always rent from Hertz at the airport , they're right in front of the Country Inns and Suites and they're good about dropping my husband off the morning of the cruise. He drops us off first then goes to return the car and they bring him over.
This will be our first cruise as platinum :cheer2: so very excited to get early boarding, free Palo and extra gifts. Also our first time flying Southwest so any tips there would be appreciated. I did purchase the earlybird to try to get an early boarding position. It would be a bummer if the three of us couldn't sit together.
We're staying the weekend after at Disney so doing Easter at Disney for the first time too. Should be awesome! Look forward to meeting you all, we've made some nice friends over the years on past cruises!.

My DD and I are also staying the weekend after the cruise doing Easter at WDW. I would be on :cloud9: except I'm not looking forward to the crowds. :scared1: The price you pay for going during holidays/school breaks. We're excited since we did get ressies at the new Be Our Guest restaurant on Easter and we will be trying the same restaurant for counter service the day before the cruise to see how it compares.

I just saw on the Disney Parade that they have counter service there for lunch. Excited because that means that we have a chance to see the inside! We don't do table service at the parks. Prefer to play it by ear and take advantage of down times when they appear.

We booked from Portland Oregon less than a month ago and paid 650$ and figured that was a deal. I looked and didn't see the special pricing you found. What airlines are you traveling on? We ended up with Southwest. Nice to know that we will have locals on the ship with us!:yay:

For others looking for flights...We found inexpensive flights on Allegiant flying into Sanford/Orlando. They are a NO FRILLS airline, but still a way for an inexpensive direct flight. Our rental car is only $35 for all of us. We'll take it from the airport and turn it in to the port. Just an idea. :) Also, I am new to the DIS Boards & I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone. I have learned so much from your experience. Know that you are appreciated!!!

For others looking for flights...We found inexpensive flights on Allegiant flying into Sanford/Orlando. They are a NO FRILLS airline, but still a way for an inexpensive direct flight. Our rental car is only $35 for all of us. We'll take it from the airport and turn it in to the port. Just an idea. :) Also, I am new to the DIS Boards & I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone. I have learned so much from your experience. Know that you are appreciated!!!

Thanks for sharing! Will you be joining us for this cruise?

My DH said he was not much of a cruiser' so I booked our 3 generations of girls! I think he was not happy until I asked him what he had meant since our only cruise was our honeymoon. Nothing like a little bit of guilt! lol! It will be my mother, myself & my daughter who will be turning 7 right before we sail. We are in 9152. I am so excited I wish it was next week!

Let me know if anyone else's daughter and/or son who like someone to hang out. My daughter is 9 and an only child, so she would love to meet some other kids to hang out with in the Lab. I do know about the list, but I thought it would easier to ask here, instead of sending a pm to everyone.

My DH said he was not much of a cruiser' so I booked our 3 generations of girls! I think he was not happy until I asked him what he had meant since our only cruise was our honeymoon. Nothing like a little bit of guilt! lol! It will be my mother, myself & my daughter who will be turning 7 right before we sail. We are in 9152. I am so excited I wish it was next week!

Welcome!!! I will have a 6, almost 7 yr old DD with us as well!! :cool1:

Let me know if anyone else's daughter and/or son who like someone to hang out. My daughter is 9 and an only child, so she would love to meet some other kids to hang out with in the Lab. I do know about the list, but I thought it would easier to ask here, instead of sending a pm to everyone.

2 of my DD's will be 9 and 10 on the cruise! I am sure they will be in the Lab a lot and love to make friends! :banana:

Hi there. My daughter is also 9 and an only child. Would love to get them together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter