• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

Hello everyone! I am so happy I found this thread! Me, my DD age 15 and her friend (also 15) will be sailing on this cruise! :)
They are excited to meet new people as the last time my daughter didn't want to go to Vibe by herself and missed the opportunity.

76 DAYS until we board the Fantasy!!!!!

100_0547_zps33f69ec8.jpg

I can't believe it's just 75 days til we board. Here in NY we're in the midst of the winter doldrums :crazy2:and we're getting stir crazy. Having spring break to look forward to really helps. How about a meet and greet on the first day before the safety drill? We usually try to meet by the Donald pool on the starboard side (side you board on). Think the drill is at 4 or so so we try a 3PM meet. Sound good?

ljm23 said:
I can't believe it's just 75 days til we board. Here in NY we're in the midst of the winter doldrums :crazy2:and we're getting stir crazy. Having spring break to look forward to really helps. How about a meet and greet on the first day before the safety drill? We usually try to meet by the Donald pool on the starboard side (side you board on). Think the drill is at 4 or so so we try a 3PM meet. Sound good?

I'm up for that, just anyone fill me in if we gave a meet and greet and I'm there

Will post the info on the first page and to contact you with any questions. :)

Hello Everyone -

Also joining all of you on this cruise and its our first! First Disney cruise, first cruise period for myself, my DD (14 - at time of cruise) and DD(8). My DH did the Disney cruise many many moons ago as a teenager.

So excited...and completely overwhelmed!!:)

Extenders, cabin doors decorations, port excursions/reservations...etc etc etc...

Anyone out there with a DH around age 14...would love to connect. Mine is a little shy and I am worried about her off on her own with teen group..:blush:

Hello Everyone -

Also joining all of you on this cruise and its our first! First Disney cruise, first cruise period for myself, my DD (14 - at time of cruise) and DD(8). My DH did the Disney cruise many many moons ago as a teenager.

Extenders, cabin doors decorations, port excursions/reservations...etc etc etc...

Anyone out there with a DH around age 14...would love to connect. Mine is a little shy and I am worried about her off on her own with teen group..:blush:

Welcome aboard! We are first timers as well, so I definitely agree with the overwhelming feeling! Total excitement though :cool1:

welcome to the fun! I see you are from IL? we live in the nw suburb of Cary, IL! I have a 14 yr. old son and a (soon to be) 13 yr. old daughter, so if your daughter wants to chat with mine, I can give you her email address..she's been chatting with a couple other girls now. this is our 3rd disney cruise - we are hooked on cruising!

feel free to ask questions!

Hello Everyone -

:welcome:

DH must have gone on the Big Red Boat. DCL will be an entirely different experience for him!

Don't try and take on everything your first cruise. You need to be able to relax at some point. :)

DD14 can go to either the Vibe [teen club] or the Edge [tween club]. Being the oldest in the area might be easier for her than being the youngest in the teen area.

Hi All!

My family and I will be joining you all this Spring Break...

This is our first Disney cruise and we are beyond excited and a little nervous.

My son (age 9) is just hoping to meet lot's of kids his age.

Glad I found you all because I am feeling a bit overwelmed....

Theresa

DisneyMommy04 said:
Hi All!

My family and I will be joining you all this Spring Break...

This is our first Disney cruise and we are beyond excited and a little nervous.

My son (age 9) is just hoping to meet lot's of kids his age.

Glad I found you all because I am feeling a bit overwelmed....

Theresa

Welcome aboard, Theresa! No worries! Your family will have a wonderful time. My family has never been disappointed by a DCL cruise. There's lots of great info on this website and plenty of experienced cruisers willing to answer questions. See you in March!

Welcome aboard, Theresa! No worries! Your family will have a wonderful time. My family has never been disappointed by a DCL cruise. There's lots of great info on this website and plenty of experienced cruisers willing to answer questions. See you in March!

Thanks TimmyTown! Counting the days!

FE Group Reminder

The deadline for signing up for the FE group is January 15th at midnight. Anyone who joins the group after that point and wants to participate will go on an alternate list. Those who are in the main group may participate in both if they wish.

Hi. My family and I will be in this cruise and we can't wait!! First cruise for the little guys and they are beyond excited about going on 'Mickey's boat' as they call it. We would love to find other families to meet up with. We are counting down already....73 days to go!

Jen

DH, DS (5), DS (3)

:welcome:

Welcome to the DIS and the crew. I can add you to the FB group after you have made 10 posts on the thread. Is this your first time on DCL? Any questions?

Hi. My family and I will be in this cruise and we can't wait!! First cruise for the little guys and they are beyond excited about going on 'Mickey's boat' as they call it. We would love to find other families to meet up with. We are counting down already....73 days to go!

Jen

DH, DS (5), DS (3)

:welcome: Jen!!! So glad to have you joining us!! It's so exciting that we're getting so close!!

Just 10 weeks and I'm already obsessing about every detail!:lmao: Can't wait to meet you all!::yes::

Since this my 1st Disney cruise I didn't know how the booking port adventures and onboard fun worked. And I didn't go on right away to book. We got a spot for the boys to get made up as pirates on the pirate night, but it's in the morning we were hoping for the afternoon and now the port adventure we were hoping to do that day is only available in the morning too. We plan on keeping the pirate thing for the kids, but do you think it is worth calling to see if there are other openings so we can do both things? Or should I just keep looking online? Or chalk it up to now I know for next time? I heard you should keep checking for cabanas in castaway cay..so I'll keep looking for that since that looks fun also. If we don't end up with a cabana...any recommendations on what to do with a 3 and 5 year old?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter