March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by lbgraves, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I believe they were asking where the stateroom tour would begin, since the only thing noted was that it would start on the highest deck and work down.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Munkamamacallie

Munkamamacallie Mouseketeer

on their website w/ aarp discount. it is only for one day though.

4. willyguy

willyguy Earning My Ears

ok thank you all.

5. NTOFD

NTOFD Ready to go

Budget out of SFD and MCO is about $175 for three days using Dis code Y937800, this is for a full size car. The price often comes down as you get closer to the date so keep checking. Last April the price for 2 1/2 days dropped from $140 to $56 about two weeks out.

6. Snap63

Snap63 Earning My Ears

We're getting ready for our 3rd Disney Cruise!!! Looking forward to meeting some fellow DIS Board members.:woohoo:

7. LV Disney Fan(atic)

LV Disney Fan(atic) DIS Veteran

Welcome! :welcome: Less than 2 months to go :goodvibes

8. Marvnarvs

Marvnarvs Earning My Ears

I am new to this forum and message board thing period so this may be a repeat post. We are surprising my soon to be 5 year old son with this cruise for his birthday. We are not telling him until we board the ship! I am so excited. I just learned of this forum and the FE today. Is there any way to still participate, maybe a smaller group of other late comers?

9. Marvnarvs

Marvnarvs Earning My Ears

My apologies for duplicate posts.

10. JacksGirlz

JacksGirlz DIS Veteran

Welcome. :goodvibes

Have you checked out the first post in this thread? You can email Diser lbgraves and she can add your info to our growing list.

11. LansdowneMom

LansdowneMom Earning My Ears

Hello. We were just assigned our GTY rooms on Deck 2 and the rooms are a bit far apart. We are assigned 2032 (9B). Is there anyone willing to trade with us who are in the 2010-2024 range rooms? TIA.

12. DetailGal

DetailGal WDW 7x, Disneyland 1x, DCL Cruiser 2x

We are using Happy Limo. We didn't want to be delayed by DCL transfer from resort when we have a nice early PAT. Plus our transfer both ways for 5 people, is $290. And that's a private vehicle for just us. Last year we did a car rental and what a fiasco. That port canaveral car rental agency, at least for thrifty (which most often comes up the cheapest, but not always) was SO BUSY! Ugh, then the shuttle that took us to port was overbooked basically, you had to make sure you were standing right there at the ready so you didn't lose your place in line. Not worth it!

I do have one question out there though for anyone who has done happy limo before. The reservation confirmation I got said, 20% tip appreciated. I wasn't expecting that. That is very hefty on top of almost $300. I don't take or use transfers very often, other than the occasional free shuttle where you tip the driver per bag. Is this normal, 20% on top of basically $150 each way? A $30 tip for a 45 min drive?? Ouch.

13. Mtinkerbell5189

Mtinkerbell5189 Mouseketeer

Anyone know if march madness will be able to be viewed on the cruise? Will it just be at the bars or maybe in the rooms too?

14. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

Our reservations with Happy Limo have always said that. The last time we used a different company and it was 20% too.

15. lbgraves

If it is shown on ABC, it will likely be in the rooms. If not, it will just be in the bars.

16. tiggernpooh

tiggernpooh Walt is my hero

I see we have quite a few pre-teen DSs on this cruise. My DS11 would like to get to know some friends before the cruise via email (like my 13 year old daughter is doing with some girls on the cruise from the DisBoards). If your son would like to connect with mine please PM me and I'll PM his email to you.

Thanks!

17. DisneyJenn23

DisneyJenn23 Mouseketeer

We will be joining you on this cruise. Booked back in January of 2012 while on the Dream. Not sure why I slacked on posting this time. I guess it has just been a crazy year. This will be my 12th Disney Cruise and my first time on the Fantasy.

There are five of us going. We are in SR 7134. It will be me (Jenn), my best friends, Katie and Billy, and their kids DD (3) and DS (1).

I really hope the next few weeks goes by quickly. Looking forward to seeing you all on board!

18. Fadog

Fadog Mouseketeer

Welcome DisneyJenn23!

19. JacksGirlz

JacksGirlz DIS Veteran

Lisa,

I was looking through this thread to find DISer "Canadian crew" as listed in the first post to see if there was an update on their GTY status. I don't see any posts by this DISer on here at all. Am I missing their post somewhere? :confused3

"Canadian crew -- GTY -- Lorne, DW Carrie, DD17, DS10"

They are listed on the FE as well.

...Sarah

Canadian crew if you are out there...any update? :)

20. lbgraves

I haven't received an update. It is common for GTYs to be assigned a few weeks prior to the cruise.

21. JacksGirlz

JacksGirlz DIS Veteran

Thank you. :thumbsup2