March 2016 PTR - How do we keep this a secret? -Uptd The Surprise!!! Pg 8

Been following your PTR... I LOVE surprises! So glad the cat hasn't gotten out of the bag yet!

The start of the weather watching.... :goodvibes

Considerable cloudiness
77° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Sunny
81° Lo 55°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Cloudy
75° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Cloudy
75° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
Periods of rain
74° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Periods of rain
73° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Cloudy with a shower in spots
73° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
A blend of sun and clouds
73° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Mostly cloudy
72° Lo 54°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

Hmmmm... Looks like clouds and rain right now. :rotfl: The thing about rain is that it clears out the parks! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :woohoo: :lmao: However, the clouds do not.. so I'm going to need some sun on those cloudy days. :sunny: I do like the temperatures. The really funny part about watching the weather is that it changes many times (sometimes daily) so it is never helpful. I've just decided that I'm going to make a post daily leading up to the trip, then maybe I can remember to write down what the weather was really like and compare it. I've read a few TRs that have mentioned the temperature and the weather in general and I find them helpful when I want a 'real' view of a certain time of year.

Yesterday, myself and the kids were waiting in the car for dad to get back from buying bread... because I totally forgot to buy it when we were actually in the store. :idea: I will blame it on running into Nanna... :rolleyes1:rotfl:

But while hubby was in the store I was looking at ride times for Magic Kingdom, because yesterday was Tuesday and in two weeks on Tuesday at that time we will be in MK. Then I decided to 'play' a game with the kids. :rotfl2: I call it 'How long will you wait?' popcorn::

Me: Want to play a game?
Kids: Sure.
Me: Okay so I am going to throw out a ride at Disney and I want you to tell me how long you would be willing to wait in line for it.
Kids: Uh... O--kay (Mom has lost it)
Me: Pirates?
DD12: An hour
DS9: An hour
DD11: Hmmm... 45 minutes
Me: I would probably wait 45 minutes...
Me: Haunted mansion
DD11: 5 minutes
Me: 5 MINUTES?!?! Why?
DD11: I don't like it, it is my least favorite ride.
Me: How did I not know that?
DD11: I don't know...but it scared me and now I hate it.
Me: :rotfl: (Totally DH's and mine fault... we totally tried to scare her on the ride on her first time, she didn't act scared at all BTW.)
DD12: That one has play stuff, so an hour.
DS9: 30 minutes.
Me: 30 minutes as well.
Me: Buzz?
DS9: 29 YEARS!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Me: Oh yeah?
DS9: Yep! 29 Years!
DD11: Xander that is impossible.
DS9: No it isn't!

The conversation spiraled out of control after that. But I think my son may really like Buzz. :lmao: Then when DH got into the car I started the conversation again and it seems that DH will wait between 30-60 minutes for most rides in MK. It was an interesting conversation though. I really found out how my kids rank the rides. I mean I knew what rides they liked, but for some of them I didn't realize HOW much they liked some of them. Gave me a new perspective. And my son decided this morning after dropping the girls off that he wanted to 'play' again. We ended up on the topic of Seven Dwarfs Mine ride and I think I may have convinced him to ride it. :goodvibes I hope so because we have a FP for it on our first day.

12 days 21 hours until I wake up to leave for Disney! I will probably end up waking up much earlier than that though... :rolleyes:

TRs are great they help keep the magic alive for longer. Take lots of pictures. Not only are they great to fill the tr with but they help remind you what happens next. Also if you get it written down as soon as you can once you get home and save it in a word doc it can also help. I really do hope you do a TR. It will be fun to hear about how things went on your trip!

I think my only fear is TR writers are so funny and engaging and sometimes I am not. LOL I am leaning towards writing one though.

Been following your PTR... I LOVE surprises! So glad the cat hasn't gotten out of the bag yet!
:welcome:

I love reading about Disney surprises and the videos about the surprises on youtube never fail to bring me to tears... Besides my girls wanting to be surprised, that is one of the reasons I wanted to do a surprise (and write a PTR about it). I do not have long now. I really want to keep it a secret until we plan to surprise them. It is getting harder AND easier the closer we get. It is kind of like Christmas... :laughing:

The start of the weather watching.... :goodvibes
:rotfl2: I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you then! LOL!

Hmmmm... Looks like clouds and rain right now. :rotfl:
There is still time for things to change.

The really funny part about watching the weather is that it changes many times (sometimes daily) so it is never helpfu
::yes:: It gives you a general idea. the report that I've been keeping an eye on has surprisingly been pretty consistent only one shift to a bit colder and then back to warm. at least for us.

. because I totally forgot to buy it when we were actually in the store. :idea: I will blame it on running into Nanna... :rolleyes1:rotfl:
:rotfl::thumbsup2

Me: Haunted mansion
DD11: 5 minutes
Me: 5 MINUTES?!?! Why?
DD11: I don't like it, it is my least favorite ride.
Me: How did I not know that?
DD11: I don't know...but it scared me and now I hate it.
Me: :rotfl: (Totally DH's and mine fault... we totally tried to scare her on the ride on her first time, she didn't act scared at all BTW.)
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Me: Buzz?
DS9: 29 YEARS!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Me: Oh yeah?
DS9: Yep! 29 Years!
:rotfl:

We ended up on the topic of Seven Dwarfs Mine ride and I think I may have convinced him to ride it. :goodvibes I hope so because we have a FP for it on our first day.
:cheer2::thumbsup2

Fun idea.

Ok. You are stressing me out lol. I still have so much to do before I can even think about packing! I am sure I will end up needing more clothes for the kids, but I think my husband and I are good now. Except maybe a new pair of sandels for me.

The weather looks good! Last year when we went at this time it was really hot! I was also 20 weeks pregnant, so that might have made it worse for me lol. The for cast was rain everyday, too, but it never ended up raining once.

I think I will be using today to get some stuff done. Snowmageddon is going to keep us inside anyway. Stay warm down there today! I'm assuming your kids got a day off today?

:rotfl2: I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you then! LOL!

:rotfl: I have actually been 'checking' it since the beginning of February. I'm now at the point where I am watching it... a few times a day. :rotfl2:

There is still time for things to change.

::yes:: Yep. It has changed from slightly cool to mid 80s to sun the whole time to thunderstorms (have no clue how they can tell that so far in advance) to what I posted today. Kind of looking forward to seeing the differences day to day until our trip. :goodvibes

::yes:: It gives you a general idea. the report that I've been keeping an eye on has surprisingly been pretty consistent only one shift to a bit colder and then back to warm. at least for us.

That is awesome! On our first trip (same dates as this one) it rained almost every day AND it was SO cold. We were in a tent too. Thankfully my mom lived down there and brought us a heater for our tent or we would have froze to death. But the Fort was SO PRETTY!! The swamps were all full and the wildlife really came out to play. I could have stayed near our campsite all day just watching the animals. :laughing: Any place but Disney that is.

Fun idea.

It kind of helps me to talk about it in a hypothetical way. :rotfl: The kids do not seem to realize I am asking because I am watching the wait times. I mean really as a family we generally do talk about Disney a lot. We are a Disney family. ;) Which really helps with the surprise part of it. Because if we were not a Disney family then I would have blew it by now.

Ok. You are stressing me out lol. I still have so much to do before I can even think about packing! I am sure I will end up needing more clothes for the kids, but I think my husband and I are good now. Except maybe a new pair of sandels for me.
:lmao:I'm stressing myself out!! I can only pack when the kids are in school. Makes it so much harder.

I need new sandles too. But I didn't end up wearing them much last year when I realized my running shoes were more comfortable.

The weather looks good! Last year when we went at this time it was really hot! I was also 20 weeks pregnant, so that might have made it worse for me lol. The for cast was rain everyday, too, but it never ended up raining once.
We went last year the same dates!! Only it was my hubby and I. And it was very warm. But I imagine being pregnant would have made it feel warmer. And it was the driest trip for us. I think it may have rained once while we were inside because the ground was wet when we came out.

I think I will be using today to get some stuff done. Snowmageddon is going to keep us inside anyway. Stay warm down there today! I'm assuming your kids got a day off today?
My kids had school, but we are mainly a slushy mess. It is more like pelting sleet than snow or rain. It hurts. :lmao: We are suppose to get about 10 inches tonight... but I'm not sure how much will stick on top of this sleet. I expect the roads to be nasty later and tomorrow.

Hope you do not get too much snow!!

Weather watch Day 2 -

Considerable cloudiness
77° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Variable cloudiness
81° Lo 55°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Partly sunny and very warm
87° Lo 64°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Cloudy
75° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
Periods of rain
74° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Periods of rain
73° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Cloudy with a shower in spots
73° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
73° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Mostly cloudy
72° Lo 54°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

Oh look a 'very' warm day has been thrown into our week!! That is our MK day though and I have no plans of a break. :rolleyes::lmao: And on one of our water park days it says Periods of rain... and we will still go with rain, just hope for no thunder storms those close all the water rides down.

Today has been an eventful day here at home. My kids had a snow day today (not sure why... we only got like 3 inches...). So my DD12 and I watched about two hours worth of Flower and Garden booth food reviews... You know for when we go again in 2017. :rotfl: I played off my sadness really well. She loves watching Disney videos so it was a normal thing for her. She does a youtube channel where she tries different foods from around the world. (She has only done two videos) But she wants to eat around the World showcase and do a video reviewing the things she tries (or the family tries). So that will be something we will be doing on our trip. :goodvibes It gets them to try new things too. :goodvibes

After we did that we (I) decided the house needed cleaned and we worked together (DS9, DD11, DD12, and I) to clean it up. I then texted my daughter DD19 to see what time I was picking her up today. She comes home on Thursday evenings for the weekend... Well she said, "Anytime, I fell off my bed and hurt myself so I'm not going to my afternoon classes." So I said, "I'll be on my way shortly." And when I arrived I waited for about twenty minutes for her to come down and when she did come down a friend was helping her walk and her stuff was in a grocery cart type thing to bring to the car. :eek: She didn't tell me it was that bad. :faint:

She got into the car and I went through the series of questions, "How did it happen, where does it hurt, can you bend your ankle, can you put pressure on your foot, is it swollen?" She flipped off of her raised bed (it is about 10 feet in the air) and smacked her leg on her desk/chair, it hurt between her knee and ankle, she could not angle her foot, she could not put pressure on it, and it was most definitely swollen. :scared: :eek::scared1: OH NO!!! All that was going through my head was she broke it. She broke it and she would need a scooter for our trip.... and where on earth do you rent scooters from... and this was going to be a pain in the behind... and I can't believe she flipped off her bed because she was reaching for something on her desk... :sad2:

So I got on my phone and called my DH and I told him what happened and decided to take her to the ER to get it checked out. Broken bones are nothing to mess around with. We spent a very long time in the ER... 4+ hours to be exact. The X-rays came back and there is no broken bones!!! :worship:

However she is on crutches while it heals... and she has to go in next Friday and get another X-ray to make sure there is not a hairline fracture. Those take a while to show up I guess. For now we are 'in the clear' as far as broken bones go. But she may still be on her crutches when we go. :crutches: Which would really suck to walk around the parks on... but better than being in a foot cast. I can say that she does not plan on flipping off of her bed again. And I am so thankful that it was just her leg. She is in a dorm room alone and had she smacked her head off of the desk she could have knocked herself out or much worse.

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. I work 10 hours a day for the next four days so I may or may not be updating the weather during that time.

Oh look a 'very' warm day has been thrown into our week!! That is our MK day though and I have no plans of a break. :rolleyes::lmao:
I'm starting to question your source. I think there must have been a typo my source says 78 for that day. lol. Here's the forcast I'm looking at: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/march-weather/328169?monyr=3/1/2016

My kids had a snow day today (not sure why... we only got like 3 inches...)
:rotfl2: That would totally be enough to shut down the system for us! lol.

So my DD12 and I watched about two hours worth of Flower and Garden booth food reviews... You know for when we go again in 2017. :rotfl: I played off my sadness really well.
:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Well she said, "Anytime, I fell off my bed and hurt myself so I'm not going to my afternoon classes."
:earseek::scared1:

She got into the car and I went through the series of questions, "How did it happen, where does it hurt, can you bend your ankle, can you put pressure on your foot, is it swollen?" She flipped off of her raised bed (it is about 10 feet in the air) and smacked her leg on her desk/chair, it hurt between her knee and ankle, she could not angle her foot, she could not put pressure on it, and it was most definitely swollen. :scared: :eek::scared1: OH NO!!!
Yikes!

The X-rays came back and there is no broken bones!!! :worship:
Thank goodness!

However she is on crutches while it heals... and she has to go in next Friday and get another X-ray to make sure there is not a hairline fracture. Those take a while to show up I guess. For now we are 'in the clear' as far as broken bones go. But she may still be on her crutches when we go. :crutches:
guess she might need a scooter afterall. Hope its not too bad. yikes!

Weather watching Day 3 -

Considerable cloudiness
77° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Cloudy
81° Lo 55°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Cloudy
78° Lo 63°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Chance for a strong t-storm
84° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
Periods of rain
78° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Periods of rain
77° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Overcast
75° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
80° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
73° Lo 54°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

A little more Sunshine now... and a little more clouds... That rain on the weekend is just holding on so far though. ;)

Weather watch Day 4 -

Brilliant sunshine :sunny: :goodvibes Not sure what the difference is for Sunny vs Brilliant Sunshine... but I hope this one stays! :hyper:
77° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Sunny
81° Lo 55°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Times of clouds and sun
78° Lo 63°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Chance for a strong t-storm :scared1: Rain is good for park going... STRONG t-storms are only good for standing inside a crowded shop with a bunch of stinky people.. This is also suppose to be a partial water park day. :laughing: So glad the weather is not set in stone.
84° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
Mostly cloudy :thumbsup2 Hey look!! It is no longer planning on raining all weekend. :rotfl:
79° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Periods of rain :umbrella:
77° Lo 59°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Overcast
75° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
80° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
73° Lo 54°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

Lots of Sun in the forecast now. :rotfl2: The weather guys can't make up their minds (It will be different by time I get off work I'm sure). :beach: Well I've got a long day ahead of me. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Weather watch day 5 -

Plenty of sun
77° Lo 56°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Cloudy
81° Lo 55°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Partly sunny
78° Lo 63°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
84° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
Cloudy with a shower
81° Lo 51°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Mostly sunny
80° Lo 57°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Overcast
75° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
80° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
73° Lo 54°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

The closer we get the more I like our forecast. :laughing: It is really funny watching the weather reports change so much in about 24 hours. I feel like they draw stuff out of a hat and are like, 'Yep, that sounds good for that day. Make it Sunny with some clouds!' :rotfl:

A small life update:

Brittany is still on crutches :crutches:And she still can not put any weight on her hurt leg. :sad2: I figured that if it was just bruised she would be able to put some weight on it by now. So it looks like even if she didn't break it, she did more damage than they found on the x-ray or a hairline fracture has appeared. I will be praying that this week she starts to feel better. Because she can not do water slides on crutches and she was really looking forward to the water slides this year. :sad1:

I should probably start looking into a scooter or a wheelchair for her, I can't see her on crutches all day. I really do not want to have a scooter on the buses. That seems like a painful process and lots of guests would be mad thinking there was nothing wrong with her. I've heard people mutter while in line when someone on a scooter doesn't 'look' like they need it... I'm not really sure what someone that needs a scooter is suppose to look like for them to be okay with it. :rolleyes2 But because of the process for the scooter I think renting a wheelchair may be the route to go, but then I'm not sure where the crutches go when she is in the wheelchair... :confused3 That would also add on the need for what ever one of those passes are called... and I don't know the process for that at all. Is it crazy that I feel sad at bypassing the lines at some of the rides? I know they are making some of the ques wider to handle a wheelchair or a scooter, which I think is awesome. But because I've never had to think of things like this I'm clueless. And if we get a wheelchair, she could use her crutches in line, but where do they go when on the ride? So much to research. :confused:

On to more amusing stuff. At dinner last night Emma brought up wanting to see Mr Golds Shop (for those of you who do not know, Mr. Gold is a character in Once Upon a Time and I guess he has a 'shop front' in streets of America.) Well since the Streets of America are rumored to close and I know Lights Motor Action is closing in April I told them that I had some bad news for them... Lights, Motor, Action closes April 1st, as well as, Mike and Sully meet n greet (which we have never done), the play ground and possibly Streets of America. My DS9 was heartbroken. Lights, Motor, Action is one of his FAVORITE shows and hearing he would never see it again made him not so happy. :rotfl: My DD11 was not happy to hear about Mike and Sully because we always say we are going to meet them and then it never happens. I'm not really sure why either... My DD12 was upset that Mr. Golds shop may not be there when we go back in 2017. They all went straight to thinking that we don't have a trip this year... so the surprise is still a surprise!! :lmao: And I didn't lie to them! :rotfl2: We will just be able to see all of that one last time. ::yes:: ;) My poor kids. :rotfl::lmao:

Brittany is still on crutches :crutches:And she still can not put any weight on her hurt leg. :sad2: I figured that if it was just bruised she would be able to put some weight on it by now. So it looks like even if she didn't break it, she did more damage than they found on the x-ray or a hairline fracture has appeared. I will be praying that this week she starts to feel better. Because she can not do water slides on crutches and she was really looking forward to the water slides this year. :sad1:
Booo!!!So sorry to hear this. If/when you bring her back to the doctor I would bring up the trip and get their advice.

should probably start looking into a scooter or a wheelchair for her, I can't see her on crutches all day. I really do not want to have a scooter on the buses. That seems like a painful process and lots of guests would be mad thinking there was nothing wrong with her. I've heard people mutter while in line when someone on a scooter doesn't 'look' like they need it... I'm not really sure what someone that needs a scooter is suppose to look like for them to be okay with it. :rolleyes2 But because of the process for the scooter I think renting a wheelchair may be the route to go, but then I'm not sure where the crutches go when she is in the wheelchair... :confused3 That would also add on the need for what ever one of those passes are called... and I don't know the process for that at all. Is it crazy that I feel sad at bypassing the lines at some of the rides? I know they are making some of the ques wider to handle a wheelchair or a scooter, which I think is awesome. But because I've never had to think of things like this I'm clueless. And if we get a wheelchair, she could use her crutches in line, but where do they go when on the ride? So much to research. :confused:
My vote is for scooter. You could (and probably should) carry the crutches with you and if you need to she can park the scooter in stroller parking and use the crutches when she needs to stretch her legs and she has the scooter for when she needs a break. Worrying about other's reactions to a scooter on the bus shouldn't prevent you from choosing whats best for your daughter and your family. (Besides the eye rolls would be extra obnoxious when they see a cast on DD's leg and crutches in a family member's hand.

On to more amusing stuff. At dinner last night Emma brought up wanting to see Mr Golds Shop (for those of you who do not know, Mr. Gold is a character in Once Upon a Time and I guess he has a 'shop front' in streets of America.) Well since the Streets of America are rumored to close and I know Lights Motor Action is closing in April I told them that I had some bad news for them... Lights, Motor, Action closes April 1st, as well as, Mike and Sully meet n greet (which we have never done), the play ground and possibly Streets of America. My DS9 was heartbroken. Lights, Motor, Action is one of his FAVORITE shows and hearing he would never see it again made him not so happy. :rotfl: My DD11 was not happy to hear about Mike and Sully because we always say we are going to meet them and then it never happens. I'm not really sure why either... My DD12 was upset that Mr. Golds shop may not be there when we go back in 2017. They all went straight to thinking that we don't have a trip this year... so the surprise is still a surprise!! :lmao: And I didn't lie to them! :rotfl2: We will just be able to see all of that one last time. ::yes:: ;) My poor kids. :rotfl::lmao:
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::thumbsup2

We are looking into renting a scooter for my daughter. She can still not put weight on it, so I don't expect that to change even if it is not broken. It will be harder on the buses but easier in the parks and that is what really matters.

We are looking into renting a scooter for my daughter. She can still not put weight on it, so I don't expect that to change even if it is not broken. It will be harder on the buses but easier in the parks and that is what really matters.
Sorry to hear its necessary but I think you are making the right call because also remember you can't have the wheel chairs at the resort.

And hey look at the bright side..... The other kids are going to totally be thrown off from any suspicion of an upcoming trip with something like this. :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Weather watch (I think I missed a day... lol)

Abundant sunshine
83° Lo 64°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Low clouds
84° Lo 65°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Mostly cloudy
78° Lo 63°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
84° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
An afternoon t-storm or two
79° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
A couple of t-storms possible
73° Lo 53°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Thunderstorms possible
77° Lo 50°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
78° Lo 51°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
79° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

I know that it sounds 'bad' a couple of those days but really the chart is showing lots of sunshine even on the possible T-storms day's. I do love that the weather is sticking to around these temps. I really need to go on Vacation now. :hyper: :woohoo:

This time next week I will be waking up my house (well the people in my house that are still asleep anyways...lol). It is coming SO FAST now!! My countdown is at 6 days and 23 hours!!! I only have to work 2.5 more days too. :dance3: My three days off (that just started this morning) go so fast and they are going to go faster trying to get everything done for our trip. Then I work Friday and Saturday both 10 hours and then Sunday I only work 6 hours and I get off at noon. I'll be able to take my DD19 shopping for some sandals and a bathing suit top... if she does not have a cast on her foot... well I might just buy it for her anyways. They make things to seal in the cast and she may be able to swim at the resort or in the wave pool or lazy river at Blizzard Beach. So there is hope. :rotfl: Then next Monday, is the day to finish up everything... including making sure my kids did not destroy the house during the weekend. They like to do that. :rolleyes: And coming home to a messy house is a no go. :lmao:

I just started to think about the actual airport with my DD19 on crutches... I'm not sure she will be able to carry her carry on and I know that she will have an issue with getting down the narrow pathway of the airplane. I wonder if they will let her get on first. Do they do that for people that can't actually walk? Not that we would want to be on the plane longer than needed. I just don't know. Why have I never noticed any of this stuff? I have to tell you it is so strange to be SO EXCITED yet filled with anxiety about traveling with a hurt daughter.

Speaking of said daughter, she got a call back from Cedar point and the theater department they have, they did an over the phone interview. She is trying to intern there for the summer so that she can apply for the Disney College Program and have some theme park experience. She said it went well, so I'm excited for her. It is about a three hour drive from here, but if we get season passes I can go and see her at least once a week. :goodvibes

Does anyone have a checklist that they follow for packing? I feel like I should make one. I don't want to forget something. :laughing:

Weather watch (I think I missed a day... lol)

Abundant sunshine
83° Lo 64°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Low clouds
84° Lo 65°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
Mostly cloudy
78° Lo 63°
Hist. Avg.
76° Lo 56°
84° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 56°
An afternoon t-storm or two
79° Lo 60°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
A couple of t-storms possible
73° Lo 53°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Thunderstorms possible
77° Lo 50°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
78° Lo 51°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°
Sunshine
79° Lo 58°
Hist. Avg.
77° Lo 57°

I know that it sounds 'bad' a couple of those days but really the chart is showing lots of sunshine even on the possible T-storms day's. I do love that the weather is sticking to around these temps. I really need to go on Vacation now. :hyper: :woohoo:

This time next week I will be waking up my house (well the people in my house that are still asleep anyways...lol). It is coming SO FAST now!! My countdown is at 6 days and 23 hours!!! I only have to work 2.5 more days too. :dance3: My three days off (that just started this morning) go so fast and they are going to go faster trying to get everything done for our trip. Then I work Friday and Saturday both 10 hours and then Sunday I only work 6 hours and I get off at noon. I'll be able to take my DD19 shopping for some sandals and a bathing suit top... if she does not have a cast on her foot... well I might just buy it for her anyways. They make things to seal in the cast and she may be able to swim at the resort or in the wave pool or lazy river at Blizzard Beach. So there is hope. :rotfl: Then next Monday, is the day to finish up everything... including making sure my kids did not destroy the house during the weekend. They like to do that. :rolleyes: And coming home to a messy house is a no go. :lmao:

I just started to think about the actual airport with my DD19 on crutches... I'm not sure she will be able to carry her carry on and I know that she will have an issue with getting down the narrow pathway of the airplane. I wonder if they will let her get on first. Do they do that for people that can't actually walk? Not that we would want to be on the plane longer than needed. I just don't know. Why have I never noticed any of this stuff? I have to tell you it is so strange to be SO EXCITED yet filled with anxiety about traveling with a hurt daughter.

Speaking of said daughter, she got a call back from Cedar point and the theater department they have, they did an over the phone interview. She is trying to intern there for the summer so that she can apply for the Disney College Program and have some theme park experience. She said it went well, so I'm excited for her. It is about a three hour drive from here, but if we get season passes I can go and see her at least once a week. :goodvibes

Does anyone have a checklist that they follow for packing? I feel like I should make one. I don't want to forget something. :laughing:
Ah getting so close! I'm so excited for you! I don't have a checklist but would LOVE to have one should you so choose to make one - *nudge* *nudge*

They make things to seal in the cast and she may be able to swim at the resort or in the wave pool or lazy river at Blizzard Beach. So there is hope. :rotfl:
They actually make waterproof casts now. I had to have one about 10 years ago when I was working a summer camp. You might ask the doctor about it when you go.

Surely there will be some kind of assistance for you?

As of late I have started doing a wardrobe chart instead. Each Person has a column Each day has a Row. Fill in the planned wardrobe for that day in each box. This has been helpful in 2 ways, FIrst off It helps to ensure that you aren't over or under packing. It helps everyone make the final choices for the day while there. It also then acts as a pack list. I would also normally have a few lists going on my dry erase board and other places but we haven't gotten those set up at the new house yet. (Its now driving me crazy not having my board to take notes on! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter