• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 19, 2016 Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Carribbean (Cozumel, Cayman, Castaway Cay)

So, I suppose I should introduce us. Cruising will be myself, my husband, David, and my two boys: Clarke, age 14, and Matthew, and 11. This will be our fifth Disney cruise.

We just returned from the Wonder in Alaska. It was our first time on the Wonder and the ship is lovely. It was not, however, my favorite cruise. The weather left quite a bit to be desired resulting in the cancellation of two of our three shore excursions. Next part we are looking forward to returning to the Caribbean. Especially taking the children to Cozumel and enjoying the route relaxation of sea days

I suppose I have two questions. First is whether there is a fish extender group that is being organized through this board. {second question deleted by a moderator - please see this sticky: http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/}
I look forward to this thread "heating up" soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome:Hi Everyone! So excited for this cruise, even though it is 323 days away . . . but planning is half the fun right? :hyper: Anyway, just wanted to get a thread going so we can all get to know each other and get a Fish Extender group going for those that would like to participate.

My name is Shonna and I will be traveling with my husband, Jeff, and our four children (ages are at the time of the cruise): Amy (18) graduating senior next year, Ashley (17) sophomore, Addy (15) freshman and Aidan (9) who will turn 10 on the cruise (March 21). My sister (Amanda) and my niece, Alayna (9) will be traveling with us. We are from Joplin, Missouri and my sister is from the Hot Springs/Cabot, Arkansas area.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :wave:

Shonna

ACK!! My cat Wally (named for the adorable famous Rogue Robot of Disney fame) walked across the keyboard and posted my empty reply before I could catch him. Sorry about that. What I wanted to say was my husband Rich and I would like to join the FE group. We are fairly new to the FE concept and have only participated with minimal success on one cruise. Thank you Shonna for organizing. We have no children, except ourselves, but enjoy meeting new people and like to shop for and create fun surprises for other fish extenders. Please add us to your group and consider us enthusiastic and very excited for the cruise. Hooray!

Hey... anyone adding a Disney World stay before and/or after the cruise? Colin and I are. Staying at Pop Century before and spending a day at MK and staying at Pop Century after too with a park hopper day of HS and Epcot.

Hey... anyone adding a Disney World stay before and/or after the cruise? Colin and I are. Staying at Pop Century before and spending a day at MK and staying at Pop Century after too with a park hopper day of HS and Epcot.
Yes, we will be there both before and after the cruise as well. Not sure where we will stay yet. What made you choose POP?

Hi!! My family will be aboard this cruise & we are also from the Cabot area! How exciting! My boys are ages 11 & 8. The cruise is a surprise for them (I'm having a hard time keeping quiet!) lol
I am glad to see a thread finally started for us!! I've already started fish extender gifts- this will be our first cruise- I honestly can't wait!! :)
Hey!! We are excited too!! I haven't started in the fish extenders gifts yet but I will! We will definitely have to meet up on the cruise!

Yes, we will be there both before and after the cruise as well. Not sure where we will stay yet. What made you choose POP?
Well, as a single Mom expenses are a high priority. With the expense of the cruise and the airfare I really didn't want to spend a lot on a hotel that we are only going to be in a total of 3 nights. Our plan right now is to get down there on Thursday evening. So, just need someplace to sleep. Then we'll be in MK all day Friday and just need sleep that night. The next morning we'll get up have breakfast and head to the port. When we arrive back from our cruise... We'll drop off bags and go straight to HS and Epcot. Then sleep and the next day Disney Springs and maybe putt putt until our evening flight. With knowing we aren't going to be spending a lot of time at the resort I didn't really feel the need to spend on the extras for the moderate or deluxe hotels but still wanted the transportation and the dining plan which left the value resorts. AOA is heavily themed and is feels overboard for me, the All-Stars are packed and not enough magic. The Pop Century gets you as close to a moderate at a value rate I've found. It's themed but not overwhelming. We enjoyed every visit we've had there so that's how I picked it. We always do a preferred room. I'm hoping and have requested to stay in the 70's area near the main lobby on the before trip and requested a pool room in the 60's area near the main lobby on the return trip.

Hey... for the fish extenders... are we going to be a theme? is there going to be a cut off on the number? Are we doing gifts per person or per cabin? Any ideas?

This will only be our second time participating in a FE group so I'm just along for the ride. The first group we joined was the 'overflow' from the original first one for that sailing but it was still quite large. I liked that it wasn't super huge. The organizer of that group had a date and group size cut off, which is how we ended up in the second group. That was a holiday sailing so we did a cabin gift but most of the people did individual gifts. I'll tell you what, some people really go all out and some of those things we received are really special to us. We will definitely be upping our ante for this sailing-using the Force for sure!

Hello all...we just put down our deposit yesterday!! It's DH, DS8, DD6 and me.

I have cruised many times, and DH has cruised twice, but it's our kids' first cruise and the first Disney cruise for all of us. So I'll need lots of advice. {content edited by a moderator - please see the rules at http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/}

I LOVE to cruise, and I can't wait to introduce my kids to it and let them experience it with all of you!!

Kathleen

Hi Everyone,
My Husband, son (13) and I will be on this cruise....We can't wait. I wanted to participate in the FE group. This will be our 6th Disney cruise and we've never done the FEs before.

Hi Everyone! I'm Stacey. My husband just reminded me that it is less than two weeks until Christmas, which means that it is less than two weeks until I can FINALLY tell my kids that we will be going on this Star Wars Cruise for Spring Break!!! So, all of a sudden I realized I better get my butt in gear, find out if there is a DisGroup, A FB Page, A Fish Extender Group, etc. etc.

I will be traveling with my DH, Michael (TheCapells on the Dis) as well as my 3 kiddos: DS14, DD11, DS9. This will be our third trip on the Fantasy but our first to the Western Caribbean. Would LOVE to know what the excursions are like for our ports if anyone has done them before. I look forward to meeting you all!

We are so excited about this cruise! My name is Theresa, a single mom to Madeline age 16 ( a star wars fan!) and Melanie age 14 at time of cruise. I booked this cruise in April of last year and am so proud of myself for keeping this secret! The girls were surprised on Christmas morning when they opened up their special gift of Disney Cruise Line tshirts. They were a little confused but then put 2 and 2 together and were overjoyed! We live in San Diego, California. This is our 3rd disney cruise however the girls were very very young and have no memories other than the pictures. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Happy New Year!

Hi. My name is Beth. I will be sailing with my husband, Bob, and our 2 children, Ava (9) and Jack (4). We're REALLY hoping they will spend time in the Kids CLub . We were on a cruise in November and they were attached to us like glue. We're also looking forward to the whole Fish Extender experience! We live in Florida now, but were most recently in Arizona. Originally from Ohio (my DH) and KY ( me).

Hi all! First time using DisBoards seems fun. We are so excited about this upcoming cruise, only 78 days away. This will be our second Disney cruise and first time on the Fantasy. It will be me and my son who is 12. We cruised pretty much the same itinerary last Spring Break on the Magic, which I liked so much that I booked this cruise while onboard.

{content edited by a moderator - please see the sticky at http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/}

Hello, my name is Clista and I am going on this cruise with my son Cole (17). This is our 5th Disney cruise. We are going with our best friends Fran and Allen (17). Their 1st Disney cruise. Husbands are staying home :-( We have never done the FE, but am very much looking forward to it, if I can figure it out. We are so excited to be doing this as a bestie cruise, I'm sure you will recognize us as the two women with silly grins having a magical time!!! Disney is the best. We live in Florida so the World is our second home!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter