March 19, 2016 Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Carribbean (Cozumel, Cayman, Castaway Cay)

skoch

Mouseketeer
UPDATE 1/28/2016: There is no longer a Fish Extender being organized on this thread.

:welcome:Hi Everyone! So excited for this cruise, even though it is 323 days away . . . but planning is half the fun right? :hyper: Anyway, just wanted to get a thread going so we can all get to know each other and get a Fish Extender group going for those that would like to participate.

My name is Shonna and I will be traveling with my husband, Jeff, and our four children (ages are at the time of the cruise): Amy (18) graduating senior next year, Ashley (17) sophomore, Addy (15) freshman and Aidan (9) who will turn 10 on the cruise (March 21). My sister (Amanda) and my niece, Alayna (9) will be traveling with us. We are from Joplin, Missouri and my sister is from the Hot Springs/Cabot, Arkansas area.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :wave:

Shonna

Last edited:
Hi everyone. My name is Amanda and my daughter is Alayna (will be 9 at the time of the cruise). We are from Cabot, Arkansas. This is our first cruise. We are extremely excited!! We will be traveling with the Koch family above so we will have some veterans to guide us on our first cruise. LOL. We look forward to making new friends and a week away from the real world! :earboy2:

Hello... I'm Carie and I'll be traveling with my son Colin (14 at the time of this cruise). We are really looking forward to the Star Wars features. This cruise will be our 4th and 2nd time in the Caribbean. Last year with were on the Wonder for a cruise to Cozumel and Castaway Cay out of Miami. Right now we are anxiously awaiting our Alaska cruise that sails out of Vancouver in 84 days again on the Wonder. This will be our first time on the Fantasy. We are going to participate for the first time with the FE experience on the Alaska cruise so I'll be ready for this cruise. We are in Northern Virginia but I was born in Hot Springs, AR and went to Henderson State.

Hi all! We will be on this cruise as well! Sailing with husband and our 17yo son and 14yo daughter. We are super excited for the Star Wars day and enjoying this fun ship again! We sailed on the Fantasy in June 2013. Carie, we also sailed on the wonder from Miami in March 2015. Which cruise date were you on? We departed March 15.

Have fun in Alaska! We did that cruise in Jun 2014. Loved it!

Hi all! We will be on this cruise as well! Sailing with husband and our 17yo son and 14yo daughter. We are super excited for the Star Wars day and enjoying this fun ship again! We sailed on the Fantasy in June 2013. Carie, we also sailed on the wonder from Miami in March 2015. Which cruise date were you on? We departed March 15.

Welcome...
We were on the Wonder in April, the 13th to 18th out of Miami. We had a blast. Any tips for Alaska? I'm so very excited. Did you go out of Seattle or Vancouver? If Vancouver, any tips for things to do in Vancouver?

We sailed out of Vancouver as well. We stayed at Pan Pacific (before/after) which was super convenient.

I would recommend getting some poutine from Bottleworks and seeing the steam clock Downtown. We took a bus out to the Capilano Suspension bridge which I think was okay. We did a whale watching tour from Steveston (which is where they film Once Upon a Time/Storybrooke). It was an amazing experience and we saw tons of whales.

You will have a great time! Bring binoculars!

We sailed out of Vancouver as well. We stayed at Pan Pacific (before/after) which was super convenient.

I would recommend getting some poutine from Bottleworks and seeing the steam clock Downtown. We took a bus out to the Capilano Suspension bridge which I think was okay. We did a whale watching tour from Steveston (which is where they film Once Upon a Time/Storybrooke). It was an amazing experience and we saw tons of whales.

You will have a great time! Bring binoculars!

I'll have to look into Bottleworks the steam clock is already on our list as well as the bridge. I love Once Upon a Time... I'd like to go over that way but not sure we'll be able to work that out. Binoculars are already on the packing list. Thanks.

Hello... I'm Carie and I'll be traveling with my son Colin (14 at the time of this cruise). We are really looking forward to the Star Wars features. This cruise will be our 4th and 2nd time in the Caribbean. Last year with were on the Wonder for a cruise to Cozumel and Castaway Cay out of Miami. Right now we are anxiously awaiting our Alaska cruise that sails out of Vancouver in 84 days again on the Wonder. This will be our first time on the Fantasy. We are going to participate for the first time with the FE experience on the Alaska cruise so I'll be ready for this cruise. We are in Northern Virginia but I was born in Hot Springs, AR and went to Henderson State.

Hi Carie!

My parents lived in Hot Springs for several years. I really like that area and always enjoyed visiting.

Can't wait to hear about your Alaska cruise! This will be our 6th cruise but we've always done the Bahamas or Caribbean. Guess we just love the sun too much for a northern cruise! LOL Hope you guys have a great time!

We will get the FE list going once we get a few more people on here. It's going to be so much fun, especially with Stars Wars thrown in there!

Shonna

Welcome!! We have a 14 year old daughter also. Maybe they can touch base or something before the cruise. I know my kids have always liked communicating with other kids going on the cruise - feels like they already have friends when they get on the boat.

I'm Melanie, and my family and I will be on board for our very first cruise, Disney or otherwise. We have two girls (will be 9 and 12) and a boy (7). We are all very excited, and I've been slightly obsessed with googling tips! As first timers, we'd love any suggestions to make our trip the best it can be. We're driving down from Indiana. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi everyone. My name is Amanda and my daughter is Alayna (will be 9 at the time of the cruise). We are from Cabot, Arkansas. This is our first cruise. We are extremely excited!! We will be traveling with the Koch family above so we will have some veterans to guide us on our first cruise. LOL. We look forward to making new friends and a week away from the real world! :earboy2:

Hi!! My family will be aboard this cruise & we are also from the Cabot area! How exciting! My boys are ages 11 & 8. The cruise is a surprise for them (I'm having a hard time keeping quiet!) lol
I am glad to see a thread finally started for us!! I've already started fish extender gifts- this will be our first cruise- I honestly can't wait!! :)

:welcome:Hi Everyone! So excited for this cruise, even though it is 323 days away . . . but planning is half the fun right? :hyper: Anyway, just wanted to get a thread going so we can all get to know each other and get a Fish Extender group going for those that would like to participate.

My name is Shonna and I will be traveling with my husband, Jeff, and our four children (ages are at the time of the cruise): Amy (18) graduating senior next year, Ashley (17) sophomore, Addy (15) freshman and Aidan (9) who will turn 10 on the cruise (March 21). My sister (Amanda) and my niece, Alayna (9) will be traveling with us. We are from Joplin, Missouri and my sister is from the Hot Springs/Cabot, Arkansas area.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :wave:

Shonna

I am excited to see a thread for our cruise! I've been watching for it since we booked but it's our first so I wasn't about to start it myself. lol
I just replied to your sisters post- we are from Cabot also! my boys have no idea we are going on a cruise! They are 11 & 8. Thanks for starting this thread! I'll be watching for FE info! I've already starting my planning for gifts! I can't wait till spring break! So very excited! :) ~Heather

Hi everyone! I'm Dominique! I'll be traveling with my mom and my 10 year old son who is a huge Star Wars Fan! We're from Central Illinois. This will be our second Disney Cruise and my mom's first. We did the CC Double Dip last November on the Dream. That cruise my son wanted to be in the kids club all the time, so I'm bringing my mom along this time so I have someone to hang out with! Haha!

Welcome...
We were on the Wonder in April, the 13th to 18th out of Miami. We had a blast. Any tips for Alaska? I'm so very excited. Did you go out of Seattle or Vancouver? If Vancouver, any tips for things to do in Vancouver?

We were on the same cruise. How funny. We had a blast. We just got back from Alaska. We went out of Vancouver. It was so amazing. Do a whale excursion. We didn't and I really wished we had. The whole cruise is really relaxed. Take a lot of memory for the camera.

We just returned from the Wonder Alaska cruise last night. What a week! Now we can look forward to a warm cruise.
My older son, Clarke, is also 14 and he loves the big ships. Looking forward to meeting you. Pamela

Rack On,
Oh, YEA! I was starting to wonder if there would be a boy Colin's age on the cruise with the FE group. I'm so glad there will be. We should see if the boys would like to set up (through us) an email conversation to try and get to know each other a bit before the cruise. We did that with a boy on our Alaska cruise and they had a blast together all week.

There will surely be a bunch. And at 14, they have twice the options available: Edge and Vibe. Clarke spent most of his time with kids from Vibe on the Alaska cruise...but that can change based on the personalities of the kids. We have also set up introductions on our past cruises and they have usually been quite successful. We use email, Skype and FaceTime....p

Rack On,
Oh, YEA! I was starting to wonder if there would be a boy Colin's age on the cruise with the FE group. I'm so glad there will be. We should see if the boys would like to set up (through us) an email conversation to try and get to know each other a bit before the cruise. We did that with a boy on our Alaska cruise and they had a blast together all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter