• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 15, 2015 MAGIC Cruise!! :)

We had snow, sleet, and then rain that washed it all away. We're supposed to get some more snow overnight so school is out for the second day tomorrow. I know my "yankee" family members are shaking their heads. On the bright side, I decided to make things easier and order a FE. It has arrived and it looks so cute! We have it hanging in the kitchen so we can think warm Disney thoughts. :-)

My FE is always hanging in my kitchen and I stick mail in it when we aren't cruising lol! Makes me smile.

Our kids had a 2 hr early out today with the snow and they've called a 2 hr delay tomorrow. It needs to get out of its system before our travel weekend so we can all GET to the ship!!!!

Dh made our disney magnets tonight for our door! Super excited, but kept having to remind him its a disney cruise when he wanted to put zombies on our door! Walking dead fans, maybe if he puts mickey mouse ears on one, it would be ok!!

I am a little sad to have joined so last minute (not sad to be joining such an amazing group!) as I realize this is our first non-FE cruise in 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I will be the random Canadian goodie fairy for best dressed doors :)

Watch for Coffee Crisps and Wunderbars in FE's :)

Dh made our disney magnets tonight for our door! Super excited, but kept having to remind him its a disney cruise when he wanted to put zombies on our door! Walking dead fans, maybe if he puts mickey mouse ears on one, it would be ok!!

So the doors are metal? I can get magnets for them? This our first cruise and we're excited for it. I might have to go looking for some festive magnets for the door!

So the doors are metal? I can get magnets for them? This our first cruise and we're excited for it. I might have to go looking for some festive magnets for the door!
Absolutely! No tape but magnets are EVERYWHERE on the doors. It is a way to find your way home (after a pint or two) and an identity :) Ours is covered in our past cruise magnets as well as the new ones, it is a way for people to notice if you have cruised together before as well

There has been a change to the latecomers FE, as one cruiser is unfortunately unable to make the trip.
There is a replacement family going in that place.

To others joining now, I am happy to continue with a 'pixie dust' list if you wish. Just let me know.

Nike 4000 and I (plus a couple of others) have some teenagers to throw into the mix as well!

On our last cruise DD took the Teen Wild Side excursion at Castaway Cay and had a blast. I know that they were rustling up kids to take it up to the day before. They just added extra boats as they got more people booked.

What is the "teen wild side excursion?" I'd like to let my DD know about it. We're booked for the stingray adventure on CC, but would change DD's registration if she's interested. Last year she had trouble finding teens with similar interests, so she's a bit wary of joining anything this go-around. Texting with the other teens has helped a bunch, remind your DD's to get texting! :duck:

Absolutely! No tape but magnets are EVERYWHERE on the doors. It is a way to find your way home (after a pint or two) and an identity :) Ours is covered in our past cruise magnets as well as the new ones, it is a way for people to notice if you have cruised together before as well

We're slow learners - it took us a few cruises before we realized that having a decorated door makes all the difference in the world!

Last year our door was heavily decorated. Boo to the person who swiped my son's Luigi magnet shortly after this photo was taken.

DSCN0202.jpg

Nike4000, what kind of things is your DS into? I've tried to get my son interested in texting some of the other kids around his age from this thread, but he's been kind of not interested. Considering how much time he spends on his phone texting his friends I was surprised. We're going to try to get my son in the Edge, as he's turning 11 shortly after we get back. He's really into sports (both playing and watching) especially basketball and football and animals. He used to play minecraft, but hasn't in quite some time. He says no one plays it anymore, which I guess means his group of friends, because I don't think minecraft is really "over".

Nike4000, what kind of things is your DS into? I've tried to get my son interested in texting some of the other kids around his age from this thread, but he's been kind of not interested. Considering how much time he spends on his phone texting his friends I was surprised. We're going to try to get my son in the Edge, as he's turning 11 shortly after we get back. He's really into sports (both playing and watching) especially basketball and football and animals. He used to play minecraft, but hasn't in quite some time. He says no one plays it anymore, which I guess means his group of friends, because I don't think minecraft is really "over".

My son plays minecraft just about non-stop. Maybe they could connect that way if your son still has an account. My son isn't much into texting either, but he will facetime with friends, while playing minecraft. He loves playing basketball. Let's get them connected. I'll send you a PM with my son's info.

There has been a change to the latecomers FE, as one cruiser is unfortunately unable to make the trip.
There is a replacement family going in that place.

To others joining now, I am happy to continue with a 'pixie dust' list if you wish. Just let me know.

Pixie Dust List? I just learned of FE on Pintrest last night. Can you explain how it works?

We're slow learners - it took us a few cruises before we realized that having a decorated door makes all the difference in the world!

Last year our door was heavily decorated. Boo to the person who swiped my son's Luigi magnet shortly after this photo was taken.

DSCN0202.jpg
I love the FE and Texas Magnet! I have to get me one of those.

My son plays minecraft just about non-stop. Maybe they could connect that way if your son still has an account. My son isn't much into texting either, but he will facetime with friends, while playing minecraft. He loves playing basketball. Let's get them connected. I'll send you a PM with my son's info.
Could my DS 10 join the party? He's into minecraft and video games in general. He also plays basketball and football. I told him that I found pin pals for his sister and he keeps asking if I found anyone his age.

Pixie Dust List? I just learned of FE on Pintrest last night. Can you explain how it works?

It would work sort of like a late, latecomers list. You can add your name and stateroom number, and others might join in too. The only issue for you would be that you need to check regularly to be sure that you have gifts for everyone who signs up late -- and again, I'd suggest setting a deadline. Maybe one week before the cruise?

And you might also get pixie-dusted ... i.e., some of the people in the other groups might swing by to leave a little magic behind for you!

What is the "teen wild side excursion?" I'd like to let my DD know about it. We're booked for the stingray adventure on CC, but would change DD's registration if she's interested. Last year she had trouble finding teens with similar interests, so she's a bit wary of joining anything this go-around. Texting with the other teens has helped a bunch, remind your DD's to get texting! :duck:

Here is the link to the info on the Disney Cruise site:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/the-wild-side/

DD had a great time. We had two stops at Castaway Cay on that cruise, and she did it on the second stop. The CMs did a good job of getting the kids together, and in the end they had two of those fast boats filled with kids. We were at Serenity Bay (for the FIRST TIME) and saw them off in the distance, the music was blasting and they were having a great time. They saw dolphins, enjoyed the snorkelling and biking around on their own.

We had to give permission for DD to go off and back on the ship alone as part of the excursion. The first stop at Castaway Cay was like a regular cruise stop; on the second we just let her go and after the excursion she and her friends from the Vibe went back onboard and had a late lunch at Cabanas.

In the meantime, DH and I lounged around at Serenity Bay, had lunch, and then as the afternoon wound down decided we'd hit a couple of the bars. Bar hopping at Castaway Cay! There are four, we only made it to two ... but it's the thought that counts! Always have to leave something on the "To Do" list!

Could my DS 10 join the party? He's into minecraft and video games in general. He also plays basketball and football. I told him that I found pin pals for his sister and he keeps asking if I found anyone his age.

Just sent you a PM. You had mentioned your son in our earlier exchange and I totally dropped the ball on replying. Sorry about that! Let's get the boys connected.

Here is the link to the info on the Disney Cruise site:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/the-wild-side/
DD had a great time...

Thanks for sharing this link, I'll pass it along to my DD and see if she's interested.

I can't believe how soon we'll be on the ship. The whole family is totally excited about the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter