• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 15, 2015 MAGIC Cruise!! :)

We had a Disney World tip planned for Spring Break but my oldest really wanted one more cruise before she turned 18. She had such a great time with the kids com the Vibe. Thy had an absolute blast! She still talks to several of them 3 years later. So I'm excited to hear there are others in the Vibe.

Hey all! My partner and I just booked this sailing at last minute! This will be our second DCL sailing. We were in the Dream in January and had to come back for a longer sailing!

If it's not too late to get in on the FE let me know :). But no biggie if the list is closed.

See you on board!!

We had a Disney World tip planned for Spring Break but my oldest really wanted one more cruise before she turned 18. She had such a great time with the kids com the Vibe. Thy had an absolute blast! She still talks to several of them 3 years later. So I'm excited to hear there are others in the Vibe.

We were worried having been on three other Disney Cruises that it might not be fun for her at 16 but everyone loves Disney. Dumb question but do any of you give a curfew? Maybe we could swap names of girls so they could look for each other at the vibe? One other question has anyone done the Jeep tour in Mexico? We have signed up for it and it gets all over the place reviews.
Thanks
Becky

Last time I had Alex either be in by midnight or she had to check in and let me know what she was doing. I would either extend her curfew or tell her it was time to call it a night. I have a feeling this one will be a bit harder because or port times are later except Caymans. My excuse last time was we were going to have an early morning :)

Last time I had Alex either be in by midnight or she had to check in and let me know what she was doing. I would either extend her curfew or tell her it was time to call it a night. I have a feeling this one will be a bit harder because or port times are later except Caymans. My excuse last time was we were going to have an early morning :)

Thanks! I was thinking 11:30 because of having to get up early on some days. Is your daughter a senior or Junior? Hopefully our girls can meet.
Have a great day.
Becky

Thanks! I was thinking 11:30 because of having to get up early on some days. Is your daughter a senior or Junior? Hopefully our girls can meet.
Have a great day.
Becky

Alex is a junior. What is your daughters name? I will tell Alex to look for her!

Alex is a junior. What is your daughters name? I will tell Alex to look for her!
Great! Hailey. Hope they can meet.
Are you guys doing any excursions? We have not done the western before and I was so excited it finally fell on our spring break.
Becky

Great! Hailey. Hope they can meet.
Are you guys doing any excursions? We have not done the western before and I was so excited it finally fell on our spring break.
Becky

I feel like a bad mom! I think Hannah stayed out until 1:00am some nights but the Vibe was usually doing something that late. Hannah is a junior as well. She just turned 17 last week on the 16th.
For excursions, we are doing the trolley in Key West and will just wonder around and I want to get some pie
In Grand Cayman, we are not using DCL but Nativeway to do Stingray City and Rum Point and in Cozumel we are doing the Americas Cup Regatta. I did this in St? Maarten with my sister over 10 years ago and had a great time. I may change this though as I am not sure how the kids will like it. My son, 13, wanted to see the ruins on the mainland but I didn't want to use up the whole day.
Where are y'all from?

I feel like a bad mom! I think Hannah stayed out until 1:00am some nights but the Vibe was usually doing something that late. Hannah is a junior as well. She just turned 17 last week on the 16th.
For excursions, we are doing the trolley in Key West and will just wonder around and I want to get some pie
In Grand Cayman, we are not using DCL but Nativeway to do Stingray City and Rum Point and in Cozumel we are doing the Americas Cup Regatta. I did this in St? Maarten with my sister over 10 years ago and had a great time. I may change this though as I am not sure how the kids will like it. My son, 13, wanted to see the ruins on the mainland but I didn't want to use up the whole day.
Where are y'all from?

Meredith,
We are from St. Augustine FL. What about you?
My brother did the Americas Cup Regatta in St. Maarten and loved it but did not have kids. We are doing the Trolley in Key West then walking around. We signed up for the Jeep Exploration in Cozumel.
We have my mom with us and she gets around great but not sure of her adventure level.
Becky

Don't feel bad there were nights she was out that late I just had her check in.

We are in Kansas City.

Hooray! A meet thread!

This will be our sixth cruise with DCL -- gonna be gold, baby! It will be the fourth on the Magic in the same room, our second western.

I am happy to volunteer to organize the FE group. If you'd like to participate, please send me a PM with your stateroom number, names of grown-ups, as well as names and ages of kids.

I will maintain the list of staterooms and DISboard names in this post.

MEET AND GREET
DEPARTURE DAY - Sunday, March 15, 2015
3 p.m., Promenade Lounge, Deck 3 - just off the Lobby Atrium
Please come to meet your fellow DISers!
We will have a chance to say hello before heading off for the Muster Drill and then to the SailAway Party!
Also feel free to join us that night for a drink in whichever lounge (Fathoms?) is holding the Scavenger Hunt game!

FIRST FE LIST IS NOW CLOSED

FE participants:

2560 - papertraveller - DH, DW; DD (15)
2608 - WylieGrin - DH, DW, DD (8)
6524, 6526 - Madzac - DH, DW; DD (13 - birthday March 13); DS (10); DS (7); DD (3)
7578 - kuhltiffany - DH, DW; DD (10); DS (9, peanut allergy) *Please note: DD is not into princesses, etc. -- more outdoors and activity-oriented.
8538 - Nike 4000 - DH, DW; DD (15); DS (11)
7619 - CraftyEmily - DH, DW; DD (7)
2101 - Mattson8 - DH, DW; DS (8); DD (6)
7123 -3Goofy's - DH, DW; DS (12)
6647 - Chrisey - Mom, DGM; DS (7); DS (6)
6087 - lltthatsme - Mom; DD (13); DD (12) (No red dye in any products please)
6132 - kjp - DH, DW, DD (12)
7507 - kconnor - DH, DW, DS (15)
2129 - disneywells - DH, DW, DD (13), DS (9)
2622, 2624 - oklamomof4boys - DH, DW, DS (22), DS (19), DS (18), DS (16)
2002 - ForeverLosh - DH, DW, DD (10), DS (7 - birthday March 18)
# to come - NoodlesMom - DH, DW, DD (14), DS (10)

Latecomers FE Group - This closes Sunday, February 22

# to come - Dcheftimmins - Mom (birthday March 17), DD (6)
2560 - papertraveller - DH, DW, DD (15)
2608 - WylieGrin - DH, DW, DD (8)
#to come - Stahappy - DH, DW, DD (8), DD (4 - birthday March 15)
#to come - ank - DH, DW, DS (9), DS (8)
#to come - ank's friends - DH, DW, DD (12), DD(8)
5122 - SJV206 - DH, DW, DS (5)
7510 - dreamcatchers - DH, DW, DD (9), DS (7)
# to come - kmcford - DH, DW, DD (17), DD (12), DD (8)

Hello Guys, Thank you again for letting us join late. Couple questions, how do I find out the updated room numbers once boarded and are we designating a night for drop off?

We too have a daughter who is a junior. Glad to hear there are other girls her age. I have been worrying abou nights aswell. On past sailings our son has been on board and despite being three years older I felt like someone was around for her. His spring break is a week earlier than ours this year so my husband and him are golfing Disney that week before. My daughter and I meet them when we fly down afterschool Thursday. We are a disney family for Firday and Saturday before heading to the port Sunday. DS flys back to school Monday. Thanks goodness for MME.
Hilary is my daughter's name. If I am correct Hailey, Hannah and Alex are the other girls?
Hilary made a friend from AZ on our Christmas 2010 sailing. They are still in contact, we even spent time with her older sister while at WDW last summer.
Anyway, we are from the Toronto area. Can't wait to get out of the cold. More snow coming today!

My DH just realized that when we cancelled our week at WDW that we never upgraded our cabin. So tomorrow I am calling the travel agent to find out if we can upgrade and for how much. If it isn't outside our budget, we're going to upgrade to a cabin with a balcony. I hope it is in our budget!!!! I'm getting so excited. A friend of mine is on the Magic right now, and she's having a lot of fun, judging from the pictures she's been posting on Facebook! I can't wait!!!

We decided not to upgrade to a balcony, as that would be most of the cost of our summer vacation. So we upgraded from an inside stateroom to a deluxe oceanview stateroom. We'll be in cabin 1074. Only 18 more days!

Hey all! My partner and I just booked this sailing at last minute! This will be our second DCL sailing. We were in the Dream in January and had to come back for a longer sailing!

If it's not too late to get in on the FE let me know :). But no biggie if the list is closed.

See you on board!!

You're in! Sorry for the late reply. I've been swamped with stuff, let's just leave it at that!

There have been changes to the Latecomers List. Please check it to be sure. The threads on page one of the thread are updated.

PLEASE NOTE:

Many people do not yet have stateroom numbers. Please send me a note as soon as you know yours. I will be updating the list until Saturday, March 14.

I will be posting the two lists on our stateroom door: we are in 2560. If you take the central stairs down from the atrium, you will be facing the Edge. Take a left, and then a quick right and you can't miss it.

If you have any changes after that time, please let me know. I will post them on the door.

However, I would recommend that if you want to be sure that all your gifts find you, that you bring your own list of stateroom numbers and make a courtesy phone call to each room in the group to advise them of your change.

Nike 4000 and I (plus a couple of others) have some teenagers to throw into the mix as well!

On our last cruise DD took the Teen Wild Side excursion at Castaway Cay and had a blast. I know that they were rustling up kids to take it up to the day before. They just added extra boats as they got more people booked.

Hello there fellow cruisers! A little last minute but we 4 Canadians just jumped aboard this morning! Can't wait to meet with you all and enjoy some nice weather as it is currently -18 here in snowy Ottawa :)

Welcome nicis! There are many of us looking forward to sun sea and sand to escape this crazy coldest-on-record February!

A big welcome to all the new posters!!! :)

I truly can't believe how close we are getting. We are getting a bit of snow tonight...so looking forward to the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter