Foundation- MAC Studio Fix
Eyeshadow- A nude shimmer palette from Smashbox
Powder- MAC Mineral
Eyeliner- Makeup forever Aqua Eyes
Mascara- Givenchy Phenomen'eyes
Concealer- MAC Studio Finish
Blush- Smashbox and Smashbox Contour Kit
Lipstick/Lipliners- MAC different colors

I am going for a week this May, since it will be a lot hotter this trip I am going to switch out some products:

Foundation-I will probably go for a BB cream rather than a full cover foundation like Studio finish.
Eyeliner- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner and Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Shadow / Liner
Eyeshadow- Naked Basics. It is such a good palette, perfect travel size. It also is matte so no shimmery fall off all over my face or melted into my foundation in the Florida heat.
Mascara- need to find a great waterproof one.
Blush- Nars Orgasm
Lipstick- I will probably stay away from lipstick and stick to tinted lip treatments like Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.

What does everyone use to remove this type of long lasting/waterproof make up at bedtime? Anything special needed?

I use Ultrabland from Lush it takes everything off and is really moisturizing for my very dry skin. :)

Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer (gonna try the BB cream soon)

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (tip, spray it both before and after you apply your makeup)

Revlon Lip Butter (on cheeks and lips)

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil

Loreal Double Extend Water-Proof Mascara (the red and white one)

If you want some color on your eyes I recommend any type of cream shadow such as a paint pot or eye tattoo. If you have oily skin and/or lids you still might want to set them with powder shadow just like you do with your foundation and powder - same goes for cream blushes and powder blush.

For skincare I bring my facial towlettes, cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and plenty of sunscreen. The face wipes should remove most makeup and the cleanser should catch anything left behind. If not, the toner definitely has that covered. I also make sure I bring my Clarisonic Mia

Everyone uses such high end products here! I LOVE MAC but I just can't afford it most of the time. My routine doesn't change in Disney vs. home. I like to look nice in pictures!

I use:
Smashbox or Mac primer (got samples in Birchbox, they've lasted me a while)
Almay smart shade foundation
Almay concealer
Almay powder
Blush (ELF, Almay, or MAC)
Laura Geller eyeshadow primer
Eyeshadow - MAC Naked lunch and Mulch are my every day colors
Almay mascara
NYX slide on glide on eyeliner - it's a dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 and it is GREAT. I love it.

I need to get one of those UD makeup setting sprays. I'm thinking the all nighter. I was at Sephora yesterday and they had a travel size bottle for $14 which seems like a good way to start to see if I like it.

Arbonne has Mattifying Powder that is strictly for this, works beautifully and feels lightweight on your face. Start with their Oil Absorbing Day Lotion with Sunscreen, you will have great results. Arbonne is a direct sales product so PM me for website info and such :)

It's is fantastic...so what is an oily skinned girls best solution for eyeliner and mascara? The only one I have ever used that worked was blinc, but I am finding they dry out too quickly for it to be affordable for me. Any suggestions?

I have SUPER oily skin (like 10 blotting sheets at 11 am on a normal day oily) and I've had great luck with the Infallible eyeliner by L'Oreal, both in the cream and liquid forms. They really do not budge, especially if you use an eye primer underneath. I usually use eyeshadow as eyeliner, but if I want something more intense, Infallible works great.

ricosuave said:
So I tried maybellines BB cream today an I'm glad I tried it before our trip. I hated it. Very greasy going on and I felt like there was no tint at all. I have oily skin and don't want to wear foundation, but want a little something to even out the skin.
I do use monistat chafing relief gel as a primer and absolutely love it. I've tried others and always go back. Is there primer in BB cream already?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The new Urban Decay Beauty Balm is good. I've tried drug store BB creams and hated them. They all made my skin feel greasy. UD has yet to make a product I didn't love!!

Can someone tell me the difference btw primer and BB cream? Not sure which one to use. I usually only wear powder or mix my foundation with sunscreen when at WDW.

I find that my makeup doesn't last me all day on a normal day. I have used Lancome Tient Idole 24 hour, but don't like the $50 price tag.

I am not much of a makeup person (I don't even really know how to apply eyeliner) and only wear foundation, powder, blush, mascara and lipstick.

My skin has changed alot in the last 5 years (I'm 34), and this weekend, I finally broke down and bought a serum (Vichy Liftactiv 10). I also bought Reversa Eyecare for my horrible dark circles and puffiness which is hereditary.

I am very fair, I can't use some foundations because they don't make them pale enough for me and breakout easily (if I sleep on my hand, I break out).

If I use a BB cream or primer (not sure which one), would it negate the serum?

Thanks for helping:goodvibes

We travel in Summer..I don't pack make-up. Just a nice color lipstick, sensitive sunscreen for the face & a cute haircut with a great recent hair coloring. I am then ready to rock the parks pixiedust:

Can someone tell me the difference btw primer and BB cream? Not sure which one to use. I usually only wear powder or mix my foundation with sunscreen when at WDW.

In my experience, primer is colorless and prepares the skin for the foundation. BB cream is basically fancy tinted moisturizer with extra stuff in it. Some brands include a primer as one of the "extras", some don't. I have started using the Maybelline Dream one and it doesn't have a primer, so I use a separate one.

I don't know a thing about serums though. Is it like a moisturizer? I would think you'd apply that, then a primer (if your BB cream doesn't include one), then the BB cream. (that's what I do - with moisturizer in place of serum).

So I tried maybellines BB cream today an I'm glad I tried it before our trip. I hated it. Very greasy going on and I felt like there was no tint at all. I have oily skin and don't want to wear foundation, but want a little something to even out the skin.
I do use monistat chafing relief gel as a primer and absolutely love it. I've tried others and always go back. Is there primer in BB cream already?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The Maybelline one doesn't have primer in it. I have been using it and also have oily skin. It makes my skin look really oily and shiny if I don't use a separate primer first. I don't think it's a "true" BB cream, as it seems like a low quality tinted moisturizer (for a drugstore tinted moisturizer, Cover Girl is far superior, IMO. I think they rebranded it as BB cream though, probably the same formula...). I am probably going to finish using it with a primer, but I won't be buying it again. I'd rather have a true "one step" product.

My mom and I swear by Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray. It smells awesome (like a pina colada) and doesn't make your hair all crunchy or gross. I have weird combination hair (the back of my hair is wavy and the front is straight, so annoying) so I often sleep in braids to make it all even, and the spray is awesome for keeping it nice all day. My mom on the other hand has the waviest of wavy hair, and she's tried every spray available, and this is the only one she has ever stuck with.

I ordered this from drugstore.com right after you posted this even though I hadn't given the Got2B another try yet. I'm excited to get it!

Unrelated, but I also got some Not Your Mother's hair powder (texturizer for fine hair - my friend raves about it but I haven't tried it yet), some ELF oil blotting sheets, and some BodyGlide to prevent blisters while at WDW! Hurry up UPS!

I have super oily skin year round so my routine doesn't change much. I use Murad acne complex morning and evening. In the AM I add clinique pore refining solutions stay matte hydrator. It does a good job at keeping oils at bay.

As far as makeup goes I use:
BB cream from Garnier for oily skin (the original made me greasy)
Urban decay primer potion
MAC eyeshadow in Vex or Nylon
Tarte amazonian clay blush in Doll face
Maybelline one by one volume express waterproof mascara
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero
Burt's Bees tinted balm

I carry MAC MSF natural and blotting papers with me for touch ups as well as my lip balm.

I am a total makeup junkie so it's difficult not to go overboard when packing my travel case. I usually have my Naked (original) palette with me for evenings out as well as a few more lip products to choose from.

I never use foundation in the parks. Since my face gets dry, I need formulas with oil in them and with that heat, I look like a pan freshly sprayed with canola oil :scared: I've started using BB creams instead and they are a God send! They do not cake on me, they feel smooth and look very natural. My favorite is the Estee Lauder one. It has a high SPF and is light and smooth. This is what is in my WDW makeup bag:

- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer (goes on smooth, feels cool on the skin, does not get oily)

- Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Cream (contains antioxidants, smells fresh like cucumbers, comes in 3 shades, and has SPF 35!) :thumbsup2

- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural powder

- Make Up For Ever eyeshadow primer

- MAC Eyeshadow in "Shroom" (a beige shadow with shimmer)

- MAC Eyeshadow in "Espresso"

- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in "Espresso"

- MAC Splashproof Lash (MAC's waterproof mascara, I also like Maybelline Volum' Express One by One waterproof mascara)

- A few sweeps of MAC bronzing powder

- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

Dsnygrl1205 said:
I have super oily skin year round so my routine doesn't change much. I use Murad acne complex morning and evening. In the AM I add clinique pore refining solutions stay matte hydrator. It does a good job at keeping oils at bay.

As far as makeup goes I use:
BB cream from Garnier for oily skin (the original made me greasy)
Urban decay primer potion
MAC eyeshadow in Vex or Nylon
Tarte amazonian clay blush in Doll face
Maybelline one by one volume express waterproof mascara
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero
Burt's Bees tinted balm

I carry MAC MSF natural and blotting papers with me for touch ups as well as my lip balm.

I am a total makeup junkie so it's difficult not to go overboard when packing my travel case. I usually have my Naked (original) palette with me for evenings out as well as a few more lip products to choose from.

I didn't know Garnier now makes a bb cream for oily skin! The original is very greasy. I am tempted to try it. I really like smashbox but garnier is a third of the price. The low spf doesn't bug me because I can always add extra.

Hi makeup lovers. :) I haven't come across a similar thread but thought it would be fun/helpful to share products we are planning to bring at Disney. Disney is a challenge for makeup lovers because it's hot and makeup can melt off your face and run and has to survive getting wet. I tried googling and found some stuff on YouTube (Most useful video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibRbos4bIM) but a lot of it is very impractical (e.g., false eyelashes).

My make up tastes are somewhat expensive, but here goes:

I love Shiseido Sun Protection products. The lotion sunscreen is SPF 55+ and is a very light and easy to apply liquid. I follow that with their Sun Protection Compact Foundation. They also have a stick foundation that has a creamier texture. Both products are highly water resistant, and they don't sweat off. Surfers love the Shiseido products because they stay put and you don't get a sunburn.

For eye makeup I rely on Blinc products. These are fantastically easy to wash off with warm water and soap, but will stay put through swimming, sweating, or a rain storm. Blinc has both eye liner and mascara. I highly recommend!

For lip balm I use Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. The colors are fantastic, and they look, smell, and taste great. SPF 15

LOVE this thread! I'm a makeup junkie. With that said, I like to be practical but look nice at the same time....

On a normal day at home, i wear full makeup every day. At the parks, I typically do:

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for oily skin
Concealer: Glamoflauge as needed
Powder: Physicians formula translucent light pressed powder
Eyes: Shimmery cream shadow such as MAC's bare study paint pot and liner. I use the maybelline ultra liner because that stuff is absolutely water proof! I've swam in in! I also use a water proof mascara.
Lips: maybelline baby lips or other light colored lip balm.

I always use de-slick to set.

This year, I think I may use a different paint pot with a little color and may switch the revlon photoredy BB cream for the foundation.

I agree with the PP who said the Kat von D foundation is good - that's stuff covers everything, feels light, and is pretty darn waterproof.

I also like the Covergirl outlast 3 in 1 - it covers just as good as revlon.

I didn't know Garnier now makes a bb cream for oily skin! The original is very greasy. I am tempted to try it. I really like smashbox but garnier is a third of the price. The low spf doesn't bug me because I can always add extra.

It's a fairly new formula. If you like the finish of BB creams but not how oily they end up I think you will like it. It has broad spectrum spf 20 in it.:thumbsup2

This is such a great thread. I learned some neat things, such as milk of magnesia and make up setting sprays! Definitely looking into both for our upcoming August trip. I like Olay's CC but it can be just a little greasy so I learned to use that very sparingly, but I'm going to try Revlon's photoready BB. I like Almay make up products for hazel eyes so that's a go. I'm just picking up fun tips and writing them down for my next (expensive) visit to my make up counters!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter