Makeup for Disney!

Any good rec's for a BB cream, tinted moisturizer? I'm on the lookout for a new one. Also a nice water proof mascara :thumbsup2

What's your skin type? I am very oily and my skin is incredibly sensitive.

BB Cream:
- I like Smashbox, both the BB and the CC creams. They do a good job of controlling oil when topped with powder and have a high SPF (35 for the BB and 30 for the CC). Coverage is medium. I'd say that both are good picks for people with normal to moderately oily skin. If you're really oily, you may want a primer. I don't use one with it.
- Several people here recommend the Garnier BB cream for oily/combo skin as a drugstore choice, but I haven't personally tried it, however.

Tinted Moisturizer:
- I'm not into this product category. Not enough coverage, too greasy. I prefer BB creams that control oil.

Waterproof Mascara:
- Urban Decay Cannonball
- Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof

What's your skin type? I am very oily and my skin is incredibly sensitive.

BB Cream:
- I like Smashbox, both the BB and the CC creams. They do a good job of controlling oil when topped with powder and have a high SPF (35 for the BB and 30 for the CC). Coverage is medium. I'd say that both are good picks for people with normal to moderately oily skin. If you're really oily, you may want a primer. I don't use one with it.
- Several people here recommend the Garnier BB cream for oily/combo skin as a drugstore choice, but I haven't personally tried it, however.

Tinted Moisturizer:
- I'm not into this product category. Not enough coverage, too greasy. I prefer BB creams that control oil.

Waterproof Mascara:
- Urban Decay Cannonball
- Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof

Thanks!! I have dry skin. I was using the Clinique CC Cream and it has been so greasy on my skin. I loved it in the beginning, but now that I've been using it for a bit, it's starting to turn orange-y as the day goes on, and then I become oily, which never happens. I can't imagine what it will be like in the heat. I'm going to try the smashbox one, and the urban decay mascara ;)

Garnier BB cream made my skin super greasy, and I'm oily to begin with. I like the new UD Naked beauty balm, but it only comes in 1 shade.

Last year for our trip I was looking for something that would hold up all day in the parks without retouching or melting. I came across Rimmel "Lasting Finish". It was cheap and said it was "heat, sweat and humidity proof for 25 hours". So I thought I'd give it a try...it worked perfectly! It held up in the mid June heat, humidity and rain. I also think it would work for those with oily skin as well. I'm going to buy again for my trip this year. Just thought this would help for those looking for a cheap option! :)

Last year for our trip I was looking for something that would hold up all day in the parks without retouching or melting. I came across Rimmel "Lasting Finish". It was cheap and said it was "heat, sweat and humidity proof for 25 hours". So I thought I'd give it a try...it worked perfectly! It held up in the mid June heat, humidity and rain. I also think it would work for those with oily skin as well. I'm going to buy again for my trip this year. Just thought this would help for those looking for a cheap option! :)

Is this a BB/CC cream or a setting spray? Sorry for the stupid question:thumbsup2

I use a Loreal Primer, and make up stayed put. I haven't seen foundation/primer in one around here yet, will have to keep an eye out.

I used primer with sunscreen in it, foundation (some days) a bit of eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip balm. I don't think I did a "full face" while we were there.

Aout milk of magnesia...it is drying, a $4 bottle lasts a few months until it starts to dry up and get thick, then I throw it away. I've been using it since the fall by putting a thin layer on every night after cleaning. You will probably see some of the whiteness on the face but it's worth it. Now I also went on birth control a month after starting the milk,but my skin hasn't been this clear is years. I am 36, started with acne when I was about 20. Tried everything, the best for me was hormonal control via pills, but this has been one of the best things in addition. I just put it on my face this morning as a primer, will see how it does on a humid day. That was applied with a cotton pad, extremely thin and no white streaks. I think as a primer if you can see it,it's too thick. If someone has some acne problems i think it's worth a try! It seems to help tone down red marks a bit too, and close pores. I seriously haven't had a breakout in maybe 4 months, for the first time in my life.....I researched and couldn't find any harm in trying so go for it!

I don't use high priced stuff, really.

For moisturizer (at Disney) I use Olay Regenerist with SPF. (my skin care norm is the Olay Regenerist line).

For primer, foundation, powder, veil - Physicians Formula mineral line. (only thing liquid is the primer)
My eye make up is the same as at home - a mixture of Cover Girl, ELF, and NYC products. I also have the Urban Decay Naked Palette I use on occasion.
Blush - Physicians Formula mineral line.
Lips - usually just use my SoftLips lip balm (has SPF in it), sometimes the tinted verson.

eta: I have dry to oily skin. A few years ago, I started breaking out for the first time in my life constantly. I battled it for a few years. I switched to the Olay Regenerist line and all my issues cleared and have not reoccured.

Hi ladies! Wanted to add an update!

All of the recs for the Garnier Combo/Oily BB cream led me to Ulta this week. I ended up checking out the Rimmel BB cream while I was there. They had a sample and it felt very thick and creamy and smooth. I didn't try it on my face but tried it on my hand. Coverage seemed good but the texture seemed like the cream is more suited for a person with dry skin.

I ended up buying the Garnier Combo/Oily BB cream. I was confused about color but chose Medium/Dark. I actually have light medium skin (foundation color matches for me are Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny 3W1, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 3, Mac NC30, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus, Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation in Medium, and Light Medium in the Smashbox BB (slightly dark for me) and CC creams, and Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Ivory). Looking at the list, I appear to be a foundation junkie. :blush:

Anyway, I thought the color match was pretty good. Maybe SLIGHTLY dark, but I can deal with that. The coverage was FAR better than expected. I was expecting coverage to be more like a tinted moisturizer, but I would put I would put coverage at a solid medium. It's about equal to the Smashbox in terms of coverage and a LOT better than the Too Faced or Urban Decay BB Creams that I've sampled. My skin is pretty clear but I have hyperpigmentation from past breakouts and it really evened out my skin tone.

I was REALLY surprised by how liquidy this is but it blends in easily and smoothly. A little goes a long way. If you've tried the Urban Decay BB Cream, the texture is liquidy like that one but the coverage is about a million times better. I added some finishing powder (my skin is so greasy, it's a habit). It feels very comfortable and light.

I don't think it's QUITE as good for my oily skin compared to the Smashbox, but at $12.99 for 2 oz compared to $39 or $42 for 1 oz that's ok. I found myself getting shiny sooner than I'd like but it's better than a tinted moisturizerin that respect. I may try it with a primer underneath and see how that works.

I think that the Garnier BB Cream for Combination/Oily skin is a great choice for people with Normal to slightly Oily skin. I think it's probably too hydrating for oily people like me, at least without a primer. As for colors, that could be a challenge. Because the coverage is so good, I think it'll make color matching a bit more complicated. There are only 3 or 4 colors.

Garnier BB cream made my skin super greasy, and I'm oily to begin with. I like the new UD Naked beauty balm, but it only comes in 1 shade.

Did you try the original or the combination/oily? I actually had considered the Garnier last year and read in reviews that it was really for people with dry skin. But on here, someone mentioned the combination/oily version. I just tried it (review posted above) and it isn't greasy. My skin is super oily.

This is a great thread! I have oily skin and there are so many great tips. I am going to have to order the Urban Decay de slick while Sephora is still having their sale.

I like Benefit Benetint on my cheeks.
For foundation I use Make Up Forever Matte Velvet+. It layers really well to get either sheer or medium coverage.

I like L'Oreal Magic skin BB cream. It has worked pretty well on my oil skin. I am not sure how it would hold up in Florida though.

Philosophy has a new mattifier out but I haven't tried it yet.

My family and I live on Evian spray! It can be used as a setting spray and just as a refresher in the parks. We bring it in the parks and everyone with us will take turns getting sprayed. You can get a two pack at sephora for about $14. It also feels good on the drying plane, and it is under TSA limits.

I also really like the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow because they stay so long on me. I just use the shade Barely Branded as a nice natural color and I'm good to go!

Lastly I like to use the Maybelline Baby Lips because they have an SPF of 15 or 20, I can't remember. I just like the color selection for a nice hint of color if you don't want a plain lip balm, and they smell amazing too!

So, I have been keeping up with this thread since it's inception. Like the pp, I looked into the Garnier combo/oily BB cream based on the recs here. I LOVE it!!! I primed first with the Neutrogena Shine Control primer and finished with the same Neutrogena line of finishing powder. I haven't had to blot all day yesterday or today. I don't like a full coverage foundation and tinted moisturizers are a little too sheer and greasy for me. This covers perfectly for me!

Thanks for the tip!!!

I am a licensed esthetician (in addition to being a dental hygienist) and I am so happy about this thread! I am 28 and have very sensitized, dry skin. Here is my daily routine and I will use this for WDW as well. I tend to use organic and natural skin products if I can. (sometimes I cannot find organic products that I like)

Cleanser
Dermalogica- ultra calming cleanser and it is gentle enough to use with out water (even though I do use with water) It works well and removes most makeup. Sometimes I use a seperate makeup remover (Physicians Formula organic wear eye makeup remover) It works really good for that stubborn lingering eye makeup and is gentle and smells great.

Toner
Nature's Gate advanced care Tone back the clock alcohol-free soothing toner.

Moisturizer

Day- 100% Pure- argan oil hydration with spf 30.
Night- Just recently purchased something called Honey Girl Organics night cream extra sensitive. I haven't received it yet but I hope I like it.

Eye cream-DHC eye bright

Exfoliator- (This is the most important thing you can do for your skin) I use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant about 3 times a week. THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT EVER!

MAKEUP

Foundation- I usually mix my 100% pure argan oil with spf 30 with my Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer spf 20. (natural radiance color) This gives me a combined spf of 50. The Laura Mercier gives me light coverage and that "dewy" skin look.

Bronzer- I use my kabuki brush to apply Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with real cocoa. (I like this because it is matte and smells like chocolate! I hate sparkley bronzers)

Under Eye concealer- I have dark circles (prob from allergies and genetics) So I never leave the house without a eye concealer. I use Clinique airbrush concealer (neutral fair color)

Eyeshadow- I like cream eyeshadows because of my dry skin. I recently purchased Maybelline 24 hr color tattoo metal eyeshadow in barely branded color. It's pretty good. Sometimes I layer my 100% pure eyeshadow powder over it in Vanilla Sugar and Cocoa Plum colors if I have more time to get pretty. These are all very neutral colors.

Eyeliner- If I have time I'll put liquid black eyeliner on. (I like to do a dramatic cat eye) I have one that I don't really like but would like to purchase Blinc's when it runs out.

Mascara- I always use an eyelash curler to apply mine. I just purchased Ulta's Plush Drama volume mascara and haven't used it yet. I hope I like it.

Lipgloss- I will prob just use my Eos lip balm or whatever millions of lip glosses I have. (I don't know why but I have a million)

:flower3:

Did you try the original or the combination/oily? I actually had considered the Garnier last year and read in reviews that it was really for people with dry skin. But on here, someone mentioned the combination/oily version. I just tried it (review posted above) and it isn't greasy. My skin is super oily.

I got a tube of the original for free when it first came out from a website that I belong to. I was very unimpressed.

Bronzer- I use my kabuki brush to apply Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with real cocoa. (I like this because it is matte and smells like chocolate! I hate sparkley bronzers)

I love this stuff!! Every time I use it, I want to eat it!!

I don't normally wear waterproof mascara. I usually wear Loreal telescopic mascara. Should I just look for that in waterproof or do you ladies have any recommendations? I have noticed mine smearing under my eyes lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter