Make A Wish Sends Lauren to Disney World! * IT IS FINISHED...* *Updated 1/28/09*

They really need to give you some kind of Anti-Disney Depression pills when you leave. It took weeks for me to feel .......... nice.

Again thanks so much for sharing this. It was a wonderful and inspiring TR.

I wish you, Lauren and her family all the best!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with all of us; I've enjoyed reading along.

She sometimes feels like people won't touch her because they think they will hurt her.

:sad: :sad: I know exactly what you are talking about. Bill feels that way too, I love it when the characters grab him and hug him.

It was so wonderful getting to know you and Lauren's family. Thank you so much for taking us on the journey with you.:grouphug:

Wow it's like the final episode of M.A.S.H., I didn't think I would tear up but I did. Thanks for all you have done, your an asset to our community and your planner will help us get it all done without more loss of hair.

Wonderful, thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

pixiedust: For Lauren and her family pixiedust:

Thank you so much for posting! I will pass along the pixie dust! :)

I LOVE the pic of Lauren, William and Minnie... She's my girl!!!

I am also in PPTR depression over yours ending! It was great though and you are a fabulous writer!! I guess I will have to jump over to your journal!!

Can't wait to meet you all soon!!!

Aw...You can't have any depression until you get back! Plan FUN stuff for when you return. Something for everyone to look forward to...it would help a lot!!

I know...we have to schedule a time to meet! :) We should do lunch somewhere next time you are in town for "good" chemo...(Gosh...that sounded stupid!)

Thank you so much for sharing! I truly enjoyed following along!

Thank you for posting!! Thank you for reading!! :)

I am soo sad to see this TR end. I had so much fun reading it and meeting this wonderful family through the TR. By the way I found you over on Noah's Wish Trip Report, what a cutie he is! Sooo many memories that you will have forever! I have shown everyone the rainbow pictures, they definitely bring tears and happiness to me when I see them! I look forward to hearing from you and chatting with you some more! Oh and make sure you keep us updated on this family from time to time!

Aw...sweet Noah. That family has really touched my heart! He is such a fighter!

I will definitely keep you guys updated on Lauren and her family! Because there is NEVER a dull moment...so there is usually something to update you guys on!

They really need to give you some kind of Anti-Disney Depression pills when you leave. It took weeks for me to feel .......... nice.

Again thanks so much for sharing this. It was a wonderful and inspiring TR.

I wish you, Lauren and her family all the best!!!

Yes...they should hand those out on your last day!

Thank you for reading! And thank you for posting!!! I will pass along your good wishes to Lauren and her family!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with all of us; I've enjoyed reading along.

Thanks for posting!! :) Thanks for hanging with us through the whole thing!

:sad: :sad: I know exactly what you are talking about. Bill feels that way too, I love it when the characters grab him and hug him.

It was so wonderful getting to know you and Lauren's family. Thank you so much for taking us on the journey with you.:grouphug:

I had to learn several things when I started hanging out with Lauren. The first thing I learned was that it was ok to say "Will you walk with me to do ____." I was wondering if that would be offensive. Since she can't walk. But she says "walk" all the time...so I got over that. Although occasionally she pokes fun and says, "No, I can't walk." :rotfl2: She is just messing with me!

And to not treat her like a china doll. She is pretty resilient. You can even hit her head on a wall as you are transferring her from her wheelchair to her bed and she doesn't complain...much. :lmao: Thankfully, I have never done that! :sad2:

Wow it's like the final episode of M.A.S.H., I didn't think I would tear up but I did. Thanks for all you have done, your an asset to our community and your planner will help us get it all done without more loss of hair.

Wow...the final episode of M.A.S.H. ... never watched that show. But I will take your word for it!

You should get the kleenex ready for your trip! It is going to be so amazing, it will make you cry!

Aw...an asset...I am so glad!!! I am glad the planner will help! I have done one for a few more families...Let me know what I need to do add/take from it...especially from the GKTW schedule! :)

Wow! What an ending. so sad it's over. Lauren is an inspiration and is such a beautiful young lady! I can't wait to hear what the future holds for her!!

What a great trip report thanks for sharing your magical trip with us.

I'm sorry Lauren, Lisa & William spent part of the trip sick, what a thing to happen on your Wish tip. :sad1:

But I'm glad everything got better and you had some AMAZING experiences and made special memories.

The kids LOVED looking at the pics of GKTW with me. I skipped the parts with the magical secrets in hopes that we will get to experience them first hand sometime soon. :)

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. I know what you mean about post trip depression. Even though I am going back in June, I will be more babysitting than anything, I am sad that the other trip is over.

bye friends :wave2: ..........I have thouroughly enjoyed everything u have written and wish u lifes very best -
Thanx Lauren for sharing YOU, u are truly darling.:flower3:

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :blush:

:cheer2: WTG Mary! Great Trip Report -

and I didnt mind at all closing my eyes and imagining what lunch was like for Lauren and Lisa in the castle!! So glad CRT was exhonerated for that ugleeeey virus!! We have to speak to the Fairy Godmother about allowing virus' in!

I cant believe you loved MNSSHP so much you went TWICE!!! huh, go figure! We hated it, wont ever go back!! :) That's Disney for you, you always find something!!

We also fell in love with the First Aid people at DHS - spent a couple of hours while dd sugar levels adjusted! There really oughta be a law, or a pill to prevent sickness inside the happiest place!! Just sayin...

Yet, when it does happen, its nice that we can find a lot of magic and pixiedust: to make up for it - need to store up that pixiedust: for home, just fill up the well!

See you on your journal thread, the WISH thread... and pixiedust: WDW Half Marathon! 2010!! BELIEVE!! (My goal is 15min mile, I'm currently more of a 20 min miler!!)

I also hate having my picture taken - but I thought I'd show you my mug - sans makeup so dont judge me!!

IMG_4017.jpg

You can do it!!

Wow! What an ending. so sad it's over. Lauren is an inspiration and is such a beautiful young lady! I can't wait to hear what the future holds for her!!

I am so sad it is over, too!!

But I do have a "bonus" installment coming up...

Yup... I do believe it is... :goodvibes

What a trip! :confused3 I just ran right past it! I didn't even notice his "Webmaster" title...until I was on another thread! He is helping with the cause for raising money for GKTW!

For those of you guys still reading! If you have means, please help the Disboards support GKTW!!

What a great trip report thanks for sharing your magical trip with us.

I'm sorry Lauren, Lisa & William spent part of the trip sick, what a thing to happen on your Wish tip. :sad1:

But I'm glad everything got better and you had some AMAZING experiences and made special memories.

The kids LOVED looking at the pics of GKTW with me. I skipped the parts with the magical secrets in hopes that we will get to experience them first hand sometime soon. :)

Yes, GKTW is a wonderful place! I am glad you enjoyed the TR! We did have an amazing trip. Even with the night in the hospital and missing out on two days, Lauren still says it was the best trip of her whole life! It was so magical...a wonderful trip!

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. I know what you mean about post trip depression. Even though I am going back in June, I will be more babysitting than anything, I am sad that the other trip is over.

I am glad you get to go in June...even if you will be sort of tied down! It is such a wonderful place!

bye friends :wave2: ..........I have thouroughly enjoyed everything u have written and wish u lifes very best -
Thanx Lauren for sharing YOU, u are truly darling.:flower3:

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :blush:

Thank you!! And Lauren says thank you very much! "And thanks for the flowers...those are COOL!" :rotfl:

:cheer2: WTG Mary! Great Trip Report -

and I didnt mind at all closing my eyes and imagining what lunch was like for Lauren and Lisa in the castle!! So glad CRT was exhonerated for that ugleeeey virus!! We have to speak to the Fairy Godmother about allowing virus' in!

I cant believe you loved MNSSHP so much you went TWICE!!! huh, go figure! We hated it, wont ever go back!! :) That's Disney for you, you always find something!!

We also fell in love with the First Aid people at DHS - spent a couple of hours while dd sugar levels adjusted! There really oughta be a law, or a pill to prevent sickness inside the happiest place!! Just sayin...

Yet, when it does happen, its nice that we can find a lot of magic and pixiedust: to make up for it - need to store up that pixiedust: for home, just fill up the well!

See you on your journal thread, the WISH thread... and pixiedust: WDW Half Marathon! 2010!! BELIEVE!! (My goal is 15min mile, I'm currently more of a 20 min miler!!)

I also hate having my picture taken - but I thought I'd show you my mug - sans makeup so dont judge me!!

IMG_4017.jpg

You can do it!!

Thank you for sharing your picture! :) I love Piglet! :)

I am so excited about the upcoming trips! I am doing fairly well on my diet/exercising plan! So far, so good! Disney is an EXCELLENT motivator! And your story was motivating to me too! I plan to speed walk the half...I will probably jog some...especially downhill! :rotfl2:

Ok, guys! Yes, the TR is officially over...but that won't stop me from sharing special moments with you guys! Hopefully they won't lock this thread for quite a while!

Warning...this is :offtopic:... Doesn't have anything to do with Disney! :sad2:

This is Muffin. She is my baby! For those of you guys that have no children...especially my other single friends out there... you might get what I say here...This is my child! Ya know what I am saying?

photo-1-1.jpg

Isn't she cute?

photo-2.jpg

Muffin was staying at Lauren's house the other night while I took Lauren to a church function. When we got back, we couldn't find Muffin! :confused3 We could hear her barking, crying, but we could not find her! Finally, one of Lauren's friends thought she heard the barking coming from the toilet...

opened the lid...

and about had a heart attack!

Because Muffin was IN THE TOILET! :rotfl:

How in the world she managed to get in the toilet AND shut the lid on herself, I have no idea!

She is fine! She was significantly wet...and pretty freaked out! But she is fine now! Crazy dog!

I just had to share that! :thumbsup2

Hey Maroo!!! Great TR!!:thumbsup2 However, sad to see it come to an end!:sad: :sad: :sad: Sure love the pics of Lauren and Will with the characters at Chef Mickey! Would you still recommend people to have a character buffet at Chef Mickey? We have an ADR there for our WDW trip in March.
Oh my...poor Muffin!!! We just got a new puppy and I will make sure our toilet lids are closed!!! Yeah...I agree with TiggerTails57... "Bet you had to bath her!" Yes, she is very cute! Love Yorkies!!!
Thank you for your wonderful TR. Please give our love to everyone!!!! Will miss you all! Best of luck with your new adventure!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey Mary,

I haven't been here in a while and am still a few chapters behind, but wanted to stop in and thank you again for such a great report (before...well....you know....:ssst:...we won't say that comple**d word...)

You are wonderful young woman, and Lauren and her family are so lucky to have you. As is that adorable puppy, I'm sure ;) (the toilet!!!OMG!!!).

Thanks for sharing all the details of your special trip with us. Hope you write another report next time!!:thumbsup2

Wonderful ending Mary!

I loved the pictures from Chef Mickey's and I'm glad you were able to spend your last meal of the trip there. I love the family's picture with Mickey - Christmas card maybe??

Tell Lauren thanks very much for letting us take a glimpse into her recent Magical trip! And thank you very much for sharing with us.

And I"m so glad Muffin was OK - :rotfl2:

pixiedust:

OH, I'm so sad the TR is over!!! :guilty:

BUT! I'm glad you made it to Chef Mickey's!!! I love Chef Mickey's!!! You guys all look like you were having fun. I love the picture of Lauren kissing Pluto!!!

You know what would have been PERFECT for Chef Mickey's???? A Minnie Dot skirt!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry, sorry, I just HAD to do it! ;)

Ok, young lady, HOW fast were you driving??? No, no, really, don't tell me, I don't think I want to know!

I am laughing my behind off (did you all see that commercial last night?) about Muffin in the toilet!!! Poor puppy! But, since she was ok, I can laugh, right??? :rotfl:

I am so happy that you are going back!!! I can't wait to read another Maroo Trip report!!

You know, I finished my TR the other day too! :thumbsup2

Have you guys ever hit the "Unsubscribe" link on your own TR?!?!

I think I must have hit the wrong button on my iPhone...because I unsubscribed from my own TR! :lmao:

Sorry to be just getting back to all of you guys!!!!!! :)

Glad Muffin was OK.........:goodvibes
Bet you had to bath her :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

She was fine. She was a little upset...ok, a LOT upset...but she got loved on by her "Mom" for the rest of the night and did fine.

She is sick now, though. Poor thing. :( Not related, I am sure. Little stomach bug. :sad2:

Hey Maroo!!! Great TR!!:thumbsup2 However, sad to see it come to an end!:sad: :sad: :sad: Sure love the pics of Lauren and Will with the characters at Chef Mickey! Would you still recommend people to have a character buffet at Chef Mickey? We have an ADR there for our WDW trip in March.
Oh my...poor Muffin!!! We just got a new puppy and I will make sure our toilet lids are closed!!! Yeah...I agree with TiggerTails57... "Bet you had to bath her!" Yes, she is very cute! Love Yorkies!!!
Thank you for your wonderful TR. Please give our love to everyone!!!! Will miss you all! Best of luck with your new adventure!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Yeah, I am pretty sad, too. Honestly. I miss writing it!

Yes, please close those toilet lids! But, I am not responsible for any mishaps in the middle of the night when the lid is closed...:rotfl: :sad2:

I love, love, love my Muffin! I don't see myself ever owning a different kind of dog. I have seen some "yippy" Yorkies, but Muffin is very calm and doesn't bark unless she has a pretty good reason. :) lol

I passed on your note to Lauren and family...They can't believe that so many people actually read anything that I write. :lmao:

Hey Mary,

I haven't been here in a while and am still a few chapters behind, but wanted to stop in and thank you again for such a great report (before...well....you know....:ssst:...we won't say that comple**d word...)

You are wonderful young woman, and Lauren and her family are so lucky to have you. As is that adorable puppy, I'm sure ;) (the toilet!!!OMG!!!).

Thanks for sharing all the details of your special trip with us. Hope you write another report next time!!:thumbsup2

Where ya been? We have missed you! :) I can't say that word?!?!? Why not? :crazy2:

Wonderful ending Mary!

I loved the pictures from Chef Mickey's and I'm glad you were able to spend your last meal of the trip there. I love the family's picture with Mickey - Christmas card maybe??

Tell Lauren thanks very much for letting us take a glimpse into her recent Magical trip! And thank you very much for sharing with us.

And I"m so glad Muffin was OK - :rotfl2:

pixiedust:

Christmas card...

Now, that is very funny!!!! I don't ever see my friends sending a Christmas card. We love Christmas! And cards! But their life is so busy...:sad2: It would be around this time that they would get around to it.

Maybe they could start for next year?!

Thanks for the pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter