Make A Wish Sends Lauren to Disney World! * IT IS FINISHED...* *Updated 1/28/09*

Ah ha! You wrote it in a different thread, but, I found it anyway....

Now we know how you can keep this TR going! When we're done with "your story", we can hear "Lauren's story," then, "William's story," etc.

Wow! You are paying attention! :)

That would be cool...I would love to do something like that! :) Maybe I can include them in some "final thoughts"...Lauren's school work is so bad that we would have to do a full TR during the summer. :rotfl:

It all sounds wonderful..... I can't wait.

Glad to see William is doing better.

The comment about food in the hospital is dead on. I cannot tell you how much it sucks to be there with your child all alone, with family about two hours away and you can't leave your child in the room to go get something to eat. You can't leave them by theirselves and of course they don't do "mommy trays' anymore so what do they want you to do??? That is one of my biggest complaints with hospitals. I am really lucky... usually I know some of the nurses real well and Clint will let me leave for a few minutes to run to the cafeteria where I buy tons of sodas and snacks so I don't have to leave him again. What if some poor mom is stuck there without a dime to her name--- what's she gonna do??>> SORRY about that--- It just makes me real mad to think about it!!

LOVE YOUR TR!!!:goodvibes

I agree wholehearted on the hospital deal. Especially at THAT hospital...where the food really stinks and it takes 15 minutes to walk to the "good" cafeteria!

Well...it just so happens you have a new DISfriend that lives about 8 minutes from that hospital and works about 2 minutes from there, too! :rolleyes1 That DISfriend would LOVE to bring you food! The hospital is a great place for a DIS meet! :)

okay, Maroo, you have me blubbering like a baby again, right here in front of my computer!! I can't help it, that is just about the coolest story yet! I can't believe it, we are to the end of a most awesome trip to the World!

Love you,

Liesa

Aww...I am sorry!! I will pass the kleenex! :) She is so precious! And it was a completely awesome night. We were so blessed to meet that family!!!! It was a perfect end to our vacation! But...it is not quite over...we still have our impromptu Chef Mickey's adventure! :) With LOTS of pics!!

Aww, that was such a special ending to a magical trip! :goodvibes I got all teary eyed too when I read about that little girl really believing Lauren was a true Princess. :love: Too cute! :)

:) Thank you! I wish you could have seen that sweet little girl's face. Her eyes just lit up! Big wide eyes...just looking at Lauren...she totally believed she was a real princess! Which is true! She is!!! princess:

And more is coming!!! :)

That would be cool...I would love to do something like that! :) Maybe I can include them in some "final thoughts"...Lauren's school work is so bad that we would have to do a full TR during the summer. :rotfl:

The summer's fine...it just means that you get to keep the magic of the trip alive that much longer. :)

oh what a wonderful story. I, too, was blubbering. How precious, actually I think it's better than wishes. How is your back now by the way?

I just spent the last 3 hours reading this thread and after crying, laughing, being highly ticked off (The BATHROOM FLOOR!!!?????), and every other flood of emotion I have ONE thing to say. Thank you.

Oh btw, my son is 16 and agrees Lauren is beautiful. I do too but you know, I'm a Mom so my opinion doesn't count LOL!

just magical, thanks so much for taking me along****************
xoxoxox ....be well my friends, all of you!! :grouphug:

You MUST see Wishes!!! Yes!

No no no! Please tell me you saw Wishes!!!

Laughing about the "lightning doesn't lookd good for an electric parade" comment!

Mary, are you SURE you are in your 30s??? You look like a teenager!

I love that they "changed" the parade route just for you guys!!! HOw special!! Some CMs just have "the magic" don't they!

Oh, you made me "happy cry" about the little girl asking for Princess Lauren's autograph!!!Oh my goodness! And look how gorgeous Lauren looks in that picgture!!! True beauty!

Oh, William is lady's man!! Too cute he was holding that little girl's hand! I hope you exchanged addresses!

It sounds like a reall magical night, even if you didn't get to see Wishes!!!

OOH, impromptu Chef Mickey! Intriguing!

What a great last night. That was a wonderful CM. And the little girl, how sweet.
This has been a nice TR. I hate to see it end.

So I saw this on someone else's TR the other day and just had to come check you out!! I am soooo loving this and can't wait to hear the rest!!

The summer's fine...it just means that you get to keep the magic of the trip alive that much longer. :)

Ha ha! I asked Lauren if she could write some on the TR...and she said YES! "After I finish all of my homework and the PSAT. But then I will have the ACT. So maybe after that?" Which means, uh...well, 2011? I am hoping that we can get these kids back to DISNEY before that! Ya know?

Just finished reading the whole report........:thumbsup2
Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for posting! A little more to go!

what a wonderful final night.

It was totally awesome!

oh what a wonderful story. I, too, was blubbering. How precious, actually I think it's better than wishes. How is your back now by the way?

Aw...Sorry to make you cry. Hopefully it was a GOOD cry!

My back is MUCH better. It actually has not hurt at all since then. I don't normally transfer Lauren that much for days in a row. And the transferring on the rides was probably a factor, too.

I just spent the last 3 hours reading this thread and after crying, laughing, being highly ticked off (The BATHROOM FLOOR!!!?????), and every other flood of emotion I have ONE thing to say. Thank you.

Oh btw, my son is 16 and agrees Lauren is beautiful. I do too but you know, I'm a Mom so my opinion doesn't count LOL!

Three hours? Bless you! Thank you so much for posting!!! And Mom's opinions count! Just not when they are 16! :)

Lauren wants to know where you guys live. :rotfl2: And wants to see his picture. :rotfl:

just magical, thanks so much for taking me along****************
xoxoxox ....be well my friends, all of you!! :grouphug:

Thank you!!!!

This is so cool, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Thank you for posting!! :)

You MUST see Wishes!!! Yes!

No no no! Please tell me you saw Wishes!!!

Laughing about the "lightning doesn't lookd good for an electric parade" comment!

Mary, are you SURE you are in your 30s??? You look like a teenager!

I love that they "changed" the parade route just for you guys!!! HOw special!! Some CMs just have "the magic" don't they!

Oh, you made me "happy cry" about the little girl asking for Princess Lauren's autograph!!!Oh my goodness! And look how gorgeous Lauren looks in that picgture!!! True beauty!

Oh, William is lady's man!! Too cute he was holding that little girl's hand! I hope you exchanged addresses!

It sounds like a reall magical night, even if you didn't get to see Wishes!!!

OOH, impromptu Chef Mickey! Intriguing!

Ha ha! The OTHER Mom! :) Lauren asked me about your teenager the other day, too... :rolleyes1

Yeah...well...never really did see Wishes... I know, I know. I have to go back! More on that in a little bit...

I look like a teenager!!!!! Really??? You are my hero! Yeah....I am definitely in my 30's...almost half way through, actually! But I am 10 pounds lighter now than I was then! :)

Yeah...William...well, we are in trouble...that is all I have to say about THAT! :)

What a great last night. That was a wonderful CM. And the little girl, how sweet.
This has been a nice TR. I hate to see it end.

Thanks! Not quite over yet...but I am sad, too.

What a wonderful last night.

Can't wait to hear about Chef Mickey's!

Chef Mickey's is coming! Hopefully tonight!

i want to read more i love your tr

Thank you! :) More is coming! :)

So I saw this on someone else's TR the other day and just had to come check you out!! I am soooo loving this and can't wait to hear the rest!!

Oh...I am so curious! Where, oh where, did you see this? I am a little scared, really! Thanks for posting! :)

Ah…

The end…

Well, almost the end. You see, I did some research before we went to Disney. And the books I read said that Chef Mickey’s had below average food. And that it was too pricey. When we looked at our budget, we just didn’t have room for Chef Mickey’s. :crowded: Plus, we were going to be able to spend some time with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and friends at GKTW during a pre-scheduled photo time. :thumbsup2 So, there was no need to book Chef Mickey’s. So, I didn’t. :sad2:

But we were sick on the day that we were supposed to meet Mickey at GKTW. :crazy2: And we had extra money since we spent 2 days sick in the hotel room (amazing how much you can save doing THAT!) And, since we stayed at the Contemporary, poor William had looked down in the Atrium and listened to those kids sing Happy Birthday, or whatever it is they sing, you know, when they twirl their napkins around in the air? (Lauren can’t see over the rail, so it didn’t faze her!) William really, really wanted to eat there!

At some point in our trip, Richard actually told William that he could eat at Chef Mickey’s. :scared1: Uh oh! "Rick you have to make reservations for Chef Mickey’s. No, really! You have to make reservations for Chef Mickey’s…like forever in advance!"

But that very last morning, Rick went downstairs and talked to the CM at the Chef Mickey’s counter. He explained the situation and got us a table! Cool, huh! :cool1:

We had a blast. pixiedust: As far as a restaurant review…well, the food was not great. But it wasn’t bad either! I enjoyed some normal breakfast buffet food. And I tried to fill up, too, because I was going to be in the car for a LONG time. :hourglass I had to make it all the way back home as fast as possible… :drive: (and we know I can DRIVE!) because I would have Lauren’s legs…and she wanted them back. Especially before school the next day.

Anyway…pictures, right…you want pictures.

Each of the characters came around separately. They normally stayed for just a minute or so, but they came back by as they had time. We were there for a while, so we did get some good interaction with them!

I love this picture of Lauren kissing Pluto!

IMG_3622-1.jpg

Lisa is addicted....PINS :goodvibes …ya know what I am saying?

IMG_3631-1.jpg

And, of course, Minnie!

IMG_3608-1.jpg

IMG_3603-1.jpg

I love, love, love this picture!

IMG_3621-1.jpg

I love Lauren's face on this one. And sweet Donald, kissing her hand!

I love it when the characters reach out and touch Lauren. She sometimes feels like people won't touch her because they think they will hurt her. So when the characters do something like this...it really makes me smile! :)

IMG_3613-1.jpg

Check out this precious family!

IMG_3619-1.jpg

Well, my friends...

With tears in my eyes, I must tell you that we have reached the end. Lauren and family hopped on the Magical Express and had an extremely uneventful trip back home. Lauren actually said that she was real let down...not only to be going home...but that there was no fanfare at the airport. I think she expected someone, anyone, to meet her on the way home! Half the airport saw her off to her trip! But it was back to reality...ugly reality!

I drove, very fast, all the way home! And you can't give me a ticket now! ::cop:

The Post Disney Depression (PDD)...lasted for weeks! I am convinced that the only thing worse than PDD is PWTDD...Post Wish Trip Disney Depression.

This was the trip of a lifetime.

And those only come once a lifetime.

So our moment...is over.

Which makes me really sad.

But our story...it's not over! I have found a wonderful group of friends here on the Disboards. There are a BUNCH of kids that have not had their moment yet. So I am going to stick around. Hopefully help some more families to create wonderful - once in a lifetime - memories from their Wish Trips. If we can pass on some of the things that we learned...then their trips can be that much more fulfilling!

I have also discovered another WISH part of this board...W.I.S.H...We're Inspired to Stay Healthy.

I want to go back to Disney so bad! And I needed a real good excuse to go...and maybe bring a friend or two. Two years ago I did a very small triathlon. So, I do like races. And Disney does races! And you can walk in Disney races. :cool1: So, I have started my training. Already lost 10 pounds!

So that is the plan. Want more details...

You can check out my journal...It isn't a pre-trip report yet...but it will be!

From Rainbows...through Terror...to half in 2010! A WISH Journal...

Thanks so much for sticking with us this whole time!

Please post...anything...to let me know you guys are still out there!! :)

And I will pass along any notes to Lauren...and pictures of cute boys! :) (And of course to the rest of the family!)

Until next time...

Enjoy the rainbow moments in your life!

175-1.jpg

Aww... you've made me all teary eyed... :sad1: :goodvibes You are an excellent writer. :) I've loved being a "part" of your magical trip and being able to experience it with all of you. And as I am sure everyone else who has read this TR, I really, really like Lauren and her family, even though I've never met them. Thank you for letting us see through your eyes. May the magic continue. :grouphug:

I LOVE the pic of Lauren, William and Minnie... She's my girl!!!

I am also in PPTR depression over yours ending! It was great though and you are a fabulous writer!! I guess I will have to jump over to your journal!!

Can't wait to meet you all soon!!!

I am soo sad to see this TR end. I had so much fun reading it and meeting this wonderful family through the TR. By the way I found you over on Noah's Wish Trip Report, what a cutie he is! Sooo many memories that you will have forever! I have shown everyone the rainbow pictures, they defintley bring tears and happiness to me when I see them! I look forward to hearing from you and chatting with you some more! Oh and make sure you keep us updated on this family from time to time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter