Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across a surprise.. Well a surprise because I didn't see it until just now. When we went to the Tusker House Restaurant in Animal Kingdom for the character breakfast on our trip, they had Donald outside in back of the restaurant on patio for photos. Typical greet and meet type photo. Well, while eating breakfast, one of the photo assistants brought us my daughters' photo (an 8x10 in cardboard type frame) of her and Donald thirty minutes earlier. I thought that was so nice. I looked at the front (photo) and then the back as it felt weird. There was some kind of frame stand back there or something. Anyway, just now, I took it out of the bag it was in and put it on our counter when I noticed there was a white clear bag inside of the frame on the back with more photos in it. There were 10 additional 4x6 prints with three of them having the text on it saying "Where Dreams Come True". Wow, that was so sweet of them to do that.

That was so nice of them!

carebearkidney said:
That sounds awesome! I hope you took pics to share and remember the moment! It's almost time!!!:banana::banana:

Yes I took pictures but I only have my tablet right now so I will post when I have my laptop back. The Montana Hope Project is awesome. After we get into their system we are invited to reunions every winter and summer. Its actually this weekend where they rent a huge resort a few hours from us that has natural hot springs. They rent it every year and they put on a big Christmas party. We stay the whole weekend. We miss out this year because WISH TRIP!!! Tomorrow after school we travel 2 hours south where they got us a hotel then leave saturday at 530am...EEK!!!

:worried: Sadly, we just recently found out that Ryan's wish trip to Orlando will not be happening after all... We had gotten our dates and sent in the paper work for GKTW, when it became apparent to our wish planners that it wasn't really going to work for Ryan to fly. Too many near-impossibilities to work out.

Sorry Disneyworld did not work out for him :(

I'm sure he will have a magical time in Disneyland though!

So we had our reveal today. The kids had no idea about any of this.

2 more days until we leave!!!

What a fun way to find out:cheer2:

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Tonight is the Christmas party, some of my family is off at animal kingdom but Kyra and I stayed back as she is getting exhausted and needs a bit of a break before we do sea world tomorrow. Everything is so overwhelming and amazing! Words will never explain it! Kyra had her wish day on Tuesday and had a private meet and greet with Belle. She was so in total awe! I also did extra and went to the bibbidi bobbidi boutique and !

Glad she is having fun!

Angel's wish granters called yesterday :cheer2: If all goes well, they plan to meet

How exciting!! I can't wait to hear her official wish!

I just came across a surprise.. Well a surprise because I didn't see it until just now. When we went to the Tusker House Restaurant in Animal Kingdom for the character breakfast on our trip, they had Donald outside in back of the restaurant on patio for photos. Typical greet and meet type photo. Well, while eating breakfast, one of the photo assistants brought us my daughters' photo (an 8x10 in cardboard type frame) of her and Donald thirty minutes earlier. I thought that was so nice. I looked at the front (photo) and then the back as it felt weird. There was some kind of frame stand back there or something. Anyway, just now, I took it out of the bag it was in and put it on our counter when I noticed there was a white clear bag inside of the frame on the back with more photos in it. There were 10 additional 4x6 prints with three of them having the text on it saying "Where Dreams Come True". Wow, that was so sweet of them to do that.

That is so cool!

[QUOTE
Talked with Carter's wish granter today and it looks like we won't know anything until the end of December. :sad2: Wishes for cruises take longer to approve. Oh well I guess I will just have to work on my patience, or lack of patience! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry it will take so long... We too are still waiting for would on Star Wars Weekend dates to see when we are going. We have been waiting since the end of May so I understand how hard it is to wait!

Jackie

Tonight is the Christmas party, some of my family is off at animal kingdom but Kyra and I stayed back as she is getting exhausted and needs a bit of a break before we do sea world tomorrow. Everything is so overwhelming and amazing! Words will never explain it! Kyra had her wish day on Tuesday and had a private meet and greet with Belle. She was so in total awe! I also did extra and went to the bibbidi bobbidi boutique and she had the full makeover and photo shoot. She LOVED being pampered! Only a couple more sleeps then we go home :( boo!

Trying to decide if I should do the BBB...did she love it? Dd you eat at the new Be Our Guest restaurant??

Trying to decide if I should do the BBB...did she love it? Dd you eat at the new Be Our Guest restaurant??

I really wanted to get my daughter into BBB, but it was already booked when I called to reserve. I would set it up for your daughter! What girl wouldn't enjoy it, and how often does she get to have something like this? Just my two cents. :)

[QUOTE
Talked with Carter's wish granter today and it looks like we won't know anything until the end of December. Wishes for cruises take longer to approve. Oh well I guess I will just have to work on my patience, or lack of patience! [/QUOTE]

A year ago October is when we started the process with MAW. By December, we found out our first wish wasn't happening. Then we submitted a second wish with dates, and found out those dates didn't work and to let them know of two other dates by February. We submitted them and didn't find out if we were going until mid September. It was constantly on my mind and I couldn't wait to find out. That was about two months before our trip to GKTW. It's difficult, but hopefully you will find out soon. Hang in there, and sure hope you get the cruise! :)

:yay:Happy Saturday Everyone!:yay:

My Buglet is sick in bed today so I am using the time for planning. I have a few questions that I am not finding answers too while searching past threads. Maybe if I post them here someone may be able to help me out.

1. How long does it take to drive from GKTW to the accessible parking at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Sea World? I would look up driving directions, but I don't know where the accessible parking is located.

2. Once at the accessible parking how long does it take to get to the main entrance of Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Sea World? With the vans in parking lots to pick up visitors is there space to store a large stroller?

Thanks so much everyone. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with these questions.

My Buglet is sick in bed today so I am using the time for planning. I have a few questions that I am not finding answers too while searching past threads. Maybe if I post them here someone may be able to help me out.

1. How long does it take to drive from GKTW to the accessible parking at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Sea World? I would look up driving directions, but I don't know where the accessible parking is located.

2. Once at the accessible parking how long does it take to get to the main entrance of Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Sea World? With the vans in parking lots to pick up visitors is there space to store a large stroller?

Thanks so much everyone. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with these questions.

There is one parking lot for each area. If you download the family guide off GKTW website, your questions will be answered plus more. Alot of the time depends on traffic and which routes you choose to take (toll or no toll). All parking lots are around 20-35 minutes. From parking lot to monorail/ferry is about 5 min walk, then depending on lines and whether you have to wait for monorail/ferry to arrive the time varies... Its not bad and at even with crowds.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, there are just alot of things that play into the times. None of the times bothered me or made my daughter (she has no patience) impatient and it was crowded everywhere.

Good luck... Have fun....

There were 10 additional 4x6 prints with three of them having the text on it saying "Where Dreams Come True". Wow, that was so sweet of them to do that.

How wonderful :)

Talked with Carter's wish granter today and it looks like we won't know anything until the end of December. :sad2: Wishes for cruises take longer to approve. Oh well I guess I will just have to work on my patience, or lack of patience! :rolleyes:

Sorry you have longer to wait. :hug:

The Montana Hope Project is awesome. After we get into their system we are invited to reunions every winter and summer. They rent it every year and they put on a big Christmas party. We stay the whole weekend. We miss out this year because WISH TRIP!!! Tomorrow after school we travel 2 hours south where they got us a hotel then leave saturday at 530am...EEK!!!

So wonderful that do that for the kids. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

My Buglet is sick in bed today

Hope he is feeling better :hug:

There is one parking lot for each area. If you download the family guide off GKTW website, your questions will be answered plus more. Alot of the time depends on traffic and which routes you choose to take (toll or no toll). All parking lots are around 20-35 minutes. From parking lot to monorail/ferry is about 5 min walk, then depending on lines and whether you have to wait for monorail/ferry to arrive the time varies... Its not bad and at even with crowds.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, there are just alot of things that play into the times. None of the times bothered me or made my daughter (she has no patience) impatient and it was crowded everywhere.

Good luck... Have fun....

Thanks so much Kayla. My hubbie read the family guide, but neglected to fill me in on how detailed it is. Off to dowload that now. :cheer2:

To angel's momma, Thanks so much for the wishes to Buglet. We are on day 8 of a nasty cold. Hopefully we are nearing the end of the cycle.

Thanks so much Kayla. My hubbie read the family guide, but neglected to fill me in on how detailed it is. Off to dowload that now. :cheer2:

To angel's momma, Thanks so much for the wishes to Buglet. We are on day 8 of a nasty cold. Hopefully we are nearing the end of the cycle.

Hope your little one feels better soon....

My Buglet is sick in bed today so I am using the time for planning. I have a few questions

Sorry to hear Buglet is sick...praying Buglet is better quickly.

Sorry I can't answer the other questions as we have not been there yet.

Jackie

We had our wish reveal today!!!!! Our wish granters came over with a fantastic mickey cake!!!!!!!! It was perfect, still haven't eaten it because it was so cool!
SmallerMickey.jpg

The wish granters presented a cake, balloons, and some whistles (which scared Prescott terribly:scared1:) They revealed to Prescott and his brothers that we were going to WDW!!!!
SmallerWish.jpg

They told us that our month chosen was a go and that they will let us know exact dates later. :) So, we ran to the dr., because Prescott was/is not feeling well. Then I came home tonight to work on my disboards stuff.

So, I stumbled through making my 1st trip report and even put it in my signature. So, go check out my pre-trip report!!! Feel free to add it to the first page.

Prescott's going to WDW!!!!

We had our wish reveal today!!!!! Our wish granters came over with a fantastic mickey cake!!!!!!!! It was perfect, still haven't eaten it because it was so cool!
SmallerMickey.jpg

The wish granters presented a cake, balloons, and some whistles (which scared Prescott terribly:scared1:) They revealed to Prescott and his brothers that we were going to WDW!!!!
SmallerWish.jpg

They told us that our month chosen was a go and that they will let us know exact dates later. :) So, we ran to the dr., because Prescott was/is not feeling well. Then I came home tonight to work on my disboards stuff.

So, I stumbled through making my 1st trip report and even put it in my signature. So, go check out my pre-trip report!!! Feel free to add it to the first page.

That is awesome!! How nice of them to make that cake...

Congrats, and I hope Prescott feels better soon!

:cool1:

SmallerMickey.jpg

SmallerWish.jpg

pixiedust::yay:Woohoo Prescott and Family!!! :yay: pixiedust:

So sorry to hear he is not feeling well.

I am so worried about our reveal. They want to do Buglet's on TV. We are terrified that he would freeze and cry. :sad:

Off to sign on for your pre-trip report.

mspols said:

Kyra loved the make over! We just walked in during a quiet time (close to a parade starting) and only waited 15 minutes for it to start. They made sure we got in. We didn't eat at the restaurant it was booked

Well we're home from the most amazing trip ever! Words will never describe how great it was and how tired we all are lol the week went by so fast! Now we're home and right back to our normal...Kyra has a really swollen throat so instead of school or her scheduled neurology appointment tomorrow we are off to the doctors to have her checked out as she had a fever too. In hind sight I know how she is with germs and should have pre booked tomorrows appointment before we left for the trip. I will update in more detail about the trip in the next couple of days but in the mean time they really aren't kidding when they say you need to pack an extra bag to come home with. You get ALOT!

Well we're home from the most amazing trip ever! Words will never describe how great it was and how tired we all are lol the week went by so fast! Now we're home and right back to our normal...Kyra has a really swollen throat so instead of school or her scheduled neurology appointment tomorrow we are off to the doctors to have her checked out as she had a fever too. In hind sight I know how she is with germs and should have pre booked tomorrows appointment before we left for the trip. I will update in more detail about the trip in the next couple of days but in the mean time they really aren't kidding when they say you need to pack an extra bag to come home with. You get ALOT!

So glad you had a great time. Hope Kyra is feeling better soon. Can't wait to see some pictures of your trip!:)

We just got back to gktw after being at Sea World from open to close. We are exhausted but had a blast. We are now waiting for Katies Kitchen to deliver dinner. Then off to the pool.
At sea world we had a special meet and greet with the dolphins and their trainers, that was Elsa's wish. Then, we sat front row in front of platform for shamu show. The gktw button gets you the spot. Although it is a major splash zone, we barely got wet and were able to be just feet away from the killer whales. AWESOME DAY. Meltdowns galore. And we are looking forward to our ritual of ice cream :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter