Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by maroo, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassondra

Cassondra Mouseketeer

That was so nice of them!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kalimom6

kalimom6 Mouseketeer

Yes I took pictures but I only have my tablet right now so I will post when I have my laptop back. The Montana Hope Project is awesome. After we get into their system we are invited to reunions every winter and summer. Its actually this weekend where they rent a huge resort a few hours from us that has natural hot springs. They rent it every year and they put on a big Christmas party. We stay the whole weekend. We miss out this year because WISH TRIP!!! Tomorrow after school we travel 2 hours south where they got us a hotel then leave saturday at 530am...EEK!!!

4. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

Sorry Disneyworld did not work out for him :(

I'm sure he will have a magical time in Disneyland though!

What a fun way to find out:cheer2:

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Glad she is having fun!

How exciting!! I can't wait to hear her official wish!

That is so cool!

[QUOTE
    Talked with Carter's wish granter today and it looks like we won't know anything until the end of December. :sad2: Wishes for cruises take longer to approve. Oh well I guess I will just have to work on my patience, or lack of patience! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry it will take so long... We too are still waiting for would on Star Wars Weekend dates to see when we are going. We have been waiting since the end of May so I understand how hard it is to wait!

Jackie

5. mspols

mspols Earning My Ears

Trying to decide if I should do the BBB...did she love it? Dd you eat at the new Be Our Guest restaurant??

6. KaylaM

KaylaM Mouseketeer

I really wanted to get my daughter into BBB, but it was already booked when I called to reserve. I would set it up for your daughter! What girl wouldn't enjoy it, and how often does she get to have something like this? Just my two cents. :)

7. KaylaM

KaylaM Mouseketeer

[QUOTE
    Talked with Carter's wish granter today and it looks like we won't know anything until the end of December. Wishes for cruises take longer to approve. Oh well I guess I will just have to work on my patience, or lack of patience! [/QUOTE]

A year ago October is when we started the process with MAW. By December, we found out our first wish wasn't happening. Then we submitted a second wish with dates, and found out those dates didn't work and to let them know of two other dates by February. We submitted them and didn't find out if we were going until mid September. It was constantly on my mind and I couldn't wait to find out. That was about two months before our trip to GKTW. It's difficult, but hopefully you will find out soon. Hang in there, and sure hope you get the cruise! :)

8. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

Thanks all for the kind words!! :)

9. OhanaDreams

OhanaDreams Cute and Fluffy

:yay:Happy Saturday Everyone!:yay:

My Buglet is sick in bed today so I am using the time for planning. I have a few questions that I am not finding answers too while searching past threads. Maybe if I post them here someone may be able to help me out.

1. How long does it take to drive from GKTW to the accessible parking at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Sea World? I would look up driving directions, but I don't know where the accessible parking is located.

2. Once at the accessible parking how long does it take to get to the main entrance of Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Sea World? With the vans in parking lots to pick up visitors is there space to store a large stroller?

Thanks so much everyone. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with these questions.

10. KaylaM

KaylaM Mouseketeer

There is one parking lot for each area. If you download the family guide off GKTW website, your questions will be answered plus more. Alot of the time depends on traffic and which routes you choose to take (toll or no toll). All parking lots are around 20-35 minutes. From parking lot to monorail/ferry is about 5 min walk, then depending on lines and whether you have to wait for monorail/ferry to arrive the time varies... Its not bad and at even with crowds.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, there are just alot of things that play into the times. None of the times bothered me or made my daughter (she has no patience) impatient and it was crowded everywhere.

Good luck... Have fun....

11. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

How wonderful :)

Sorry you have longer to wait. :hug:

So wonderful that do that for the kids. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Hope he is feeling better :hug:

12. OhanaDreams

Thanks so much Kayla. My hubbie read the family guide, but neglected to fill me in on how detailed it is. Off to dowload that now. :cheer2:

To angel's momma, Thanks so much for the wishes to Buglet. We are on day 8 of a nasty cold. Hopefully we are nearing the end of the cycle.

13. KaylaM

KaylaM Mouseketeer

Hope your little one feels better soon....

14. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear Buglet is sick...praying Buglet is better quickly.

Sorry I can't answer the other questions as we have not been there yet.

Jackie

15. nuts4wdw

nuts4wdw Have a disney day!!!

We had our wish reveal today!!!!! Our wish granters came over with a fantastic mickey cake!!!!!!!! It was perfect, still haven't eaten it because it was so cool!
    [​IMG]
    The wish granters presented a cake, balloons, and some whistles (which scared Prescott terribly:scared1:) They revealed to Prescott and his brothers that we were going to WDW!!!!
    [​IMG]
    They told us that our month chosen was a go and that they will let us know exact dates later. :) So, we ran to the dr., because Prescott was/is not feeling well. Then I came home tonight to work on my disboards stuff.

So, I stumbled through making my 1st trip report and even put it in my signature. So, go check out my pre-trip report!!! Feel free to add it to the first page.

Prescott's going to WDW!!!!

16. KaylaM

KaylaM Mouseketeer

That is awesome!! How nice of them to make that cake...

Congrats, and I hope Prescott feels better soon!

:cool1:

17. OhanaDreams

pixiedust::yay:Woohoo Prescott and Family!!! :yay: pixiedust:

So sorry to hear he is not feeling well.

I am so worried about our reveal. They want to do Buglet's on TV. We are terrified that he would freeze and cry. :sad:

Off to sign on for your pre-trip report.

18. DelanaAndKyra

DelanaAndKyra Mouseketeer

Kyra loved the make over! We just walked in during a quiet time (close to a parade starting) and only waited 15 minutes for it to start. They made sure we got in. We didn't eat at the restaurant it was booked

19. DelanaAndKyra

DelanaAndKyra Mouseketeer

Well we're home from the most amazing trip ever! Words will never describe how great it was and how tired we all are lol the week went by so fast! Now we're home and right back to our normal...Kyra has a really swollen throat so instead of school or her scheduled neurology appointment tomorrow we are off to the doctors to have her checked out as she had a fever too. In hind sight I know how she is with germs and should have pre booked tomorrows appointment before we left for the trip. I will update in more detail about the trip in the next couple of days but in the mean time they really aren't kidding when they say you need to pack an extra bag to come home with. You get ALOT!

20. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

So glad you had a great time. Hope Kyra is feeling better soon. Can't wait to see some pictures of your trip!:)

21. kalimom6

kalimom6 Mouseketeer

We just got back to gktw after being at Sea World from open to close. We are exhausted but had a blast. We are now waiting for Katies Kitchen to deliver dinner. Then off to the pool.
    At sea world we had a special meet and greet with the dolphins and their trainers, that was Elsa's wish. Then, we sat front row in front of platform for shamu show. The gktw button gets you the spot. Although it is a major splash zone, we barely got wet and were able to be just feet away from the killer whales. AWESOME DAY. Meltdowns galore. And we are looking forward to our ritual of ice cream :-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.