Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrived at GKTW this afternoon! Nothing anyone says can prepare you for this place! They go above and beyond with everything to make you feel amazing!

So glad it's amazing. Have a wonderful time :)

KaylaM -Sorry you had some problems :hug: Glad you had a nice time overall.

We leave tomorrow!!!! So excited and the kids stayed up past midnight so they could say that WE LEAVE TOMORROW and went and screamed into their pillows because their dad is asleep! Hope I've got everything covered and ready to go!

Yay! Have a wonderful trip! :cheer2:

Kayla, sorry it wasn't perfect. Give it a couple of weeks and I bet you look back on the trip with a lot more fondness! Lankinbum, hope you have a wonderful time!

Kayla, sorry it wasn't perfect. Give it a couple of weeks and I bet you look back on the trip with a lot more fondness! Lankinbum, hope you have a wonderful time!

We had a good time, and our feelings of the trip will not change, its just the issues we had were so preventable if people did their job, and what got me, was that GKTW staff could of cared less in helping us resolve the issue when it was their fault to begin with. Anyway, it could of been so much worse, I definitely know that, and we had many moments we will always cherish, and we made the best out of it! I just hope that no one else has the same bad experiences we did.

Well, we arrived back at home last night...and I am still sad! The week we just spent at GKTW was amazing. All of our experiences at GKTW were awesome...my daughter is currently suffering ice cream withdrawls;) The parks were great, I really wish we could have squeezed in Universal, it was all so much and Sarah was so worn out. We took Thanksgiving day off from the parks to let her relax a little. We drove to Cocoa Beach that day, which was great. We ate lunch on the pier, let the kids play in the sand, and checked out Ron Jon Surf Shop. That gave us plenty of time to get back to the village for the Christmas Party! I will try to do write a trip report to be more detailed...

As far as the extra stuff you come home with...the more kids you have, the more stuff you get. They left something for the girls every day, and combined with the souvenirs we bought...it was a lot! We had one bag that was pretty much just diapers on the way down, so it was perfect for getting everything home!

Well, we arrived back at home last night...and I am still sad! The week we just spent at GKTW was amazing. All of our experiences at GKTW were awesome...my daughter is currently suffering ice cream withdrawls;) The parks were great, I really wish we could have squeezed in Universal, it was all so much and Sarah was so worn out. We took Thanksgiving day off from the parks to let her relax a little. We drove to Cocoa Beach that day, which was great. We ate lunch on the pier, let the kids play in the sand, and checked out Ron Jon Surf Shop. That gave us plenty of time to get back to the village for the Christmas Party! I will try to do write a trip report to be more detailed...

As far as the extra stuff you come home with...the more kids you have, the more stuff you get. They left something for the girls every day, and combined with the souvenirs we bought...it was a lot! We had one bag that was pretty much just diapers on the way down, so it was perfect for getting everything home!

We were so not ready to leave either.. Still sad, and Kayla is not a happy camper about having to come back, but I am sure that will change once she is at school tomorrow. We took Thanksgiving Day off too from the parks and relaxed in our villa and did all the village stuff. We almost thought of going to the beach as well for the day, but decided it was best to just not even get in a car again. So glad you guys did and had a great time!! So wish you guys could of done Universal - they are GREAT with these kids!! If you guys ever get back to Orlando, you will need to go! Did you guys make it to Hollywood Studios for the Osborne Family Light Show? That was amazing!!

So glad you had a wonderful trip! :cool1: So sad for it to end. :sad1: Looking forward to your pictures and trip report!

Hello Everyone, I know it has been about 2 months since we got back from our trip but we have been busy with hospitals for both him and his brother, but John loved his trip, he is still talking about "his bunny house". We did all the parks and got done most of what we wanted to do. We had such a great time, we have even been thinking about moving to Florida...lol And Today we got some even better news today that Cameron who is John's brother and donor for his BMT, is also getting a wish because of his NF. We don't know much other than he is medically eligible and they will be sending a volunteer, so I guess we will be starting a pre trip report for him as well.

Hello everyone!

Just a fast report...
It will still be a week I will never forget despite the issues.

Oh, and you all need to do the tuck-in visit with one of the rabbits at GKTW. We scheduled the last one of the night and Mayor was awesome with my daughter. She wasn't ready for bed, but he still tucked her in and everything. That was really neat.

Hope you all have a great trip!!!!

Pictures to come!
Thanks for the quick review, was nice to read, and so glad that you had some great times despite the challenges. Thanks for the tips too.

We arrived at GKTW this afternoon! Nothing anyone says can prepare you for this place! They go above and beyond with everything to make you feel amazing!
Yay!! So glad to read this!! :banana:

Thanks for the tip, we're also planning to bring an extra bag!!

Hello Everyone, I know it has been about 2 months since we got back from our trip but we have been busy with hospitals for both him and his brother, but John loved his trip, he is still talking about "his bunny house". We did all the parks and got done most of what we wanted to do. We had such a great time, we have even been thinking about moving to Florida...lol And Today we got some even better news today that Cameron who is John's brother and donor for his BMT, is also getting a wish because of his NF. We don't know much other than he is medically eligible and they will be sending a volunteer, so I guess we will be starting a pre trip report for him as well.

Wow - great news on the wish front!!

We are getting close to leaving, ourselves. We're down to only one wish gift left before we leave. Yikes!!

Hello

We will be at gktw jan3-9 with our wish child Lily and her two brothers. Need to start soaking in info!!

:goodvibes I have been lurking this forum for a while now. Always hoping that someday we might get to join in on this post.

The phone call came about an hour ago. Our physician has approved our kiddo for a Dream Factory wish. Woohoo. Now to figure out how to start a trip report...

Glad to hear Cameron gets his wish too! Can't wait to hear what we wishes for!

:goodvibes I have been lurking this forum for a while now. Always hoping that someday we might get to join in on this post.

The phone call came about an hour ago. Our physician has approved our kiddo for a Dream Factory wish. Woohoo. Now to figure out how to start a trip report...

:welcome: can't wait to hear what your wish kid wishes for!

Jackie

Glad you had a great trip. Sorry about the hospital stays. Yay that Cameron will also be getting a wish :woohoo:

We are getting close to leaving, ourselves. We're down to only one wish gift left before we leave. Yikes!!

How exciting :cheer2:

Hello
We will be at gktw jan3-9 with our wish child Lily and her two brothers. Need to start soaking in info!!

Lots of info here to soak in. :) So glad that Lily is getting her wish.

Yay for getting approval :cheer2: The first page of this thread has the info you need for a trip report, posting pics, putting a link in your signature, etc. :)

Those of you who have just returned from Orlando, or have traveled there at this time of year, what do I pack? I talked to my nephews mom, who lives 2 hours from there, she said he wears shorts during the day and jeans at night if they go anywhere.

Yay for getting approval :cheer2: The first page of this thread has the info you need for a trip report, posting pics, putting a link in your signature, etc. :)

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.:goodvibes I started the trip report and managed to get it into my signature. :cool1:

Those of you who have just returned from Orlando, or have traveled there at this time of year, what do I pack? I talked to my nephews mom, who lives 2 hours from there, she said he wears shorts during the day and jeans at night if they go anywhere.

We were there last week. We wore shorts most days and pants in the evening. However, Sarah gets cold easy, she was in pants every day. The pool is heated, so she did still spend some time in there, but temps were a little lower than normal last week. Hopefully you will have beautiful weather!! We were happy not to be sweating at the parks;)

We are here and just finished our first day in the parks and Mayor Clayton's birthday! Let me just say, no matter how much you are prepared, you can't even imagine how awesome this place is....how awesome Disney is! Favorite at Animal Kingdom was Lion King-I was in tears (could be because we had "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" at our wedding over 15 yrs ago!) and Hollywood Studios was Star Tours but we did not get to finish that park-maybe another day.
GKTW...there are no words to describe how awesome this place is. And happy. Exhausted but tired and ready for day #2 at Universal. My kids want to move here so they can volunteer here forever. And my 13 yr old asked if she could volunteer while we were staying here! Blessed more than I could have ever imagined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter