Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owensheart said:
WIll you all stop and say a prayer for sweet Mia's family. They left for her Make A Wish trip on Tuesday. After a tragic turn of events, her family has to say goodbye forever. Please keep their entire family in your thoughts and prayers. My heart is broken for this family.

Oh my gosh :-( :-(. It's so hard hearing about another little one passing away. I'm so sorry. :-(

We are having Christmas for David's family next weekend. It's so hard knowing there is nothing more that can be done. I hate it!!!

I will be praying. I'm so, so sorry.

Not at all... We all have questions like these that we need answers to. Some of these I would like to know as well.

In regards to the bag... we have always used regular backpacks, but those made it a tad difficult to push sometimes as my feet would hit it. I love using messenger bags as it fits perfect, high enough up, and lots of room still. They have some really cute ones for kids. Good luck!

I answered these above; but wanted to post them here in case anyone missed them.
seriously odd questions I seem to need answers to:

what kind of bag hangs best from a wheelchair?
I like one with a long adjustable strap I can make NOT hit the wheels, big enough to hold things, but not so big you bang in to it every time you walk. I also like a place for Lisa to hang her drink on her armrest, we have used a variety of devices for that through the years.
do we need mosquito spray?
We didn't.
Can you bring pool toys to the pool at GKTW
Yes, it is a BIG pool, and lots of fun.
is there a place to change by the pool or do you have to go back to your villa?

many thanks from the over excited DEB!!!:tigger::dumbo::donald:
You SHOULD be excited! I am for you! We volunteered at the Park of Dreams and I can say there is a bathroom you could change in as well as lockers to store things in WITH keys, just get them from the pool attendant. There are also W/C that can be rolled in to the pool (NOT the water garden though). There are also PLENTY of towels at the pool and emergency phones just in case. There is also a smaller pool; however, we never played there so I can't advise on that one.

Oh my gosh :-( :-(. It's so hard hearing about another little one passing away. I'm so sorry. :-(

We are having Christmas for David's family next weekend. It's so hard knowing there is nothing more that can be done. I hate it!!!

Hugs for David and his family, it is a pain all of us here fear, I know. As for Mia, it is heartbreaking. There really aren't any words.

Hugs for David and his family, it is a pain all of us here fear, I know. As for Mia, it is heartbreaking. There really aren't any words.

I am so sorry about David and what he and his family are having to go through! May he have the best Christmas and days to come. It is my biggest fear to be in that position, and so unimaginable. My heart breaks for what David and his family are having to go through. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Both these sad stories that hit today can remind us to cherish every moment with our children, and make each day count.........

WIll you all stop and say a prayer for sweet Mia's family. They left for her Make A Wish trip on Tuesday. After a tragic turn of events, her family has to say goodbye forever. Please keep their entire family in your thoughts and prayers. My heart is broken for this family.

Oh my! I can not even imagine! Lots of prayers her way.

Glad to read that you're having a Christmas party for David's family, so very sorry for that reason. Again, my deepest fear as a heart mom

Mia's family have a website set up for her. Her Aunt Nats gave me permission to post.

Thanks for posting, I was wondering, but didn't want to ask.

I cannot even imagine what the family must be going through my heart and prayers are with you

I feel physically ill. Bridget took her wish trip June, 2011 with her incredible family. She went home to be with our Lord October 5. I am heartbroken. Please pray for this wonderful family as well. She had tumor progression the month after they returned, so her Mom was never able to start a TR. Hold your children close.

Bridget's PTR

Y'all...Please pray for David. He's not doing well at all and is back in the ICU. Last week, the hope was that he could come home for a while but I'm not sure if he'll pull through...he's really struggling. (Can't remember where I shared about him but they found out he's not a candidate for a heart transplant earlier this week). http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babyhood

I just read David's caringbridge site and it is so heartbreaking. :( Owen has the same heart defect and is currently waiting for his heart. Prayers for David's family during this unimaginable time.

I feel physically ill. Bridget took her wish trip June, 2011 with her incredible family. She went home to be with our Lord October 5. I am heartbroken. Please pray for this wonderful family as well. She had tumor progression the month after they returned, so her Mom was never able to start a TR. Hold your children close.

Bridget's PTR

SO sorry to hear about Bridget. It has been a rough week. :(

Thank you for posting that!!! I didn't even think to post it here.. I did on facebook. We love you Mia.
Thank you again for sharing Andrea, I honestly could NOT get them off my mind yesterday. I know many of us here felt that way, we all get it...
Glad to read that you're having a Christmas party for David's family, so very sorry for that reason. Again, my deepest fear as a heart mom

How I understand that heart mom fear...so many don't "get it".... I know you have all heard this one "But didn't the surgery fix your child" and all of the other things we have heard that could fill a novel.

Thanks for posting, I was wondering, but didn't want to ask.
It is just so unimaginable, I am certain we all had similar thoughts.
SO sorry to hear about Bridget. It has been a rough week. :(

Andrea, I kept thinking of you yesterday as well, I was certain the news was quite upsetting, especially with Owen on the transplant list. :hug::hug: Do you mind sharing how he is doing? Lisa has her cardiology appt. tomorrow and I was already on edge because for the past four years this fall appt. has sent us hurriedly back to Philly and CHOP because they are certain it is time for Lisa's next OHS and they will not be able to wait for her Mitral Valve Implant to need replacement...The spring and Summer appts. don't seem to cause that effect. I NEED for Lisa's appt. to show minimal changes for many reasons, one being the fact my Dad was just diagnosed with cancer and is having surgery October 18. My parents are elderly and truly need my help. The most important reason though is I am NOT ready for another OHS for Lisa, I just don't want to face that. I know you get it.

Hugs for ALL of us here, news of this type really rocks you to your core and to have two of our precious children and their families in two days facing this...it is really too much. It hits close to home.

Mia's family have a website set up for her. Her Aunt Nats gave me permission to post.

Thank you for posting that. Her family (and the others mentioned in the last few days are in my post).

I read Mia's mum's blog - that last post is heartbreaking given the new context.

I just want to send thoughts and prayers to all families this morning. To those that are hurting, and to those that are fearing upcoming appointments and procedures. Thank God for this place where we can share and understand each others fear and pain without judgement. Thanks to all of you for supporting this community, and may you be filled with peace knowing many are holding you in their thoughts.

The news about Mia and Bridget has me in tears. It is so heartbreaking. Two little angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter