Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if this is going to be the same schedule Nov 18-24? Or do you know where I can get the schedule for that week? We are going to be there then and I don't want to miss anything, especially Disney and Nick Characters.

Thank you so much.

:)

I am pretty sure they keep them the same unless it is a holiday. I think emailing them is a safe idea though :)

We are flying in on Nov. 18 as well! Can't wait!

Do you know if this is going to be the same schedule Nov 18-24? Or do you know where I can get the schedule for that week? We are going to be there then and I don't want to miss anything, especially Disney and Nick Characters.

Thank you so much.

:)

I know we are still a ways out compared to some of you...but it was an exciting day in our house today! Our wish coordinator sent us a countdown calendar that the girls can put stickers on, and it began today! When the calendars arrived it seemed so dar off, but now we are only a month and a half away!!

My mom and her husband just made reservations to stay in Kississmee for three nights while we are down there...I know I have read this before but I am too lazy to search tonight. It does say that guests may purchase meals at GKTW, correct??

Happy travels to all of you leaving soon!

Very cool..

Sounds like a lot of you are getting such cool things way before your trips... My daughter hasn't gotten anything. Just dates and flight itinerary. She meets with her wish coordinator the Monday before we fly out to get our flight tickets and car rental information, otherwise, I am not aware of anything else. I'm trying to make this as special as possible. She LOVES Mickey.

I know we are still a ways out compared to some of you...but it was an exciting day in our house today! Our wish coordinator sent us a countdown calendar that the girls can put stickers on, and it began today! When the calendars arrived it seemed so dar off, but now we are only a month and a half away!!

My mom and her husband just made reservations to stay in Kississmee for three nights while we are down there...I know I have read this before but I am too lazy to search tonight. It does say that guests may purchase meals at GKTW, correct??

Happy travels to all of you leaving soon!

Yes, guests can purchase meals. I believe that they are $5 a piece. I will check Wednesday night, when I'm back in the Village to volunteer to make sure though.

I have yet another question... well actually 2... We found out that family we do not see very often are actually going to be at Disney the same time that we are. Are they alloweed to come visit and possibly swim with us at GKTW? We can always go to their hotel but it is easier with Gavin to stay close to "home."

Also, so everyone keeps saying to bring ponchos and umbrellas... Does it rain everyday still in October? I know they said the rainy season runs through September but it looks like rain all this week. We are planning to bring ponchos but wondered for how long does it rain and how bad? Thanks again everyone

I have yet another question... well actually 2... We found out that family we do not see very often are actually going to be at Disney the same time that we are. Are they alloweed to come visit and possibly swim with us at GKTW? We can always go to their hotel but it is easier with Gavin to stay close to "home."
Yes they can come visit. I'm pretty sure they just have to check in when they get there.

Also, so everyone keeps saying to bring ponchos and umbrellas... Does it rain everyday still in October? I know they said the rainy season runs through September but it looks like rain all this week. We are planning to bring ponchos but wondered for how long does it rain and how bad? Thanks again everyone
Florida has occasional showers.. best bet is to goto the dollar store before you go and pick up a few ponchos. If you need them then you have them and don't have to spend $10 for one in the parks. They are also good to cover a stroller or backpack. When you are done with them just throw them away- they will never fold back up and fit nicely in the plastic. ;)

We are fortunate enough to be in Florida right now, thanks to my BIL giving us a week at his timeshare. Today we spent at GKTW...VOLUNTEERING!! We had a great time. (Lisa's Wish Trip was October, 2011). All of my children worked in the Ice Cream Parlor, including our WISH Princess. DH and I worked the pool... it felt good to give back!

file_zps69908a47.jpg

David, Rachel, Christian and Lisa​

That is so awesome Judy!!!!!

Once our little ones get bigger we will be going back to volunteer too!!!! :goodvibes

I was going to go buy some before we left to have just in case - but my sister is letting me borrow her Disney ones (they go often) she has 4, so if it rains we will only have to buy one. I am guessing that some pop up thunderstorms or showers could still happen so I would want to have them just in case.

I know I've been MIA for a while now - we have been having some health issues with Matthew. They are testing for leukemia and just this weekend he's been complaining of tummy pain/tenderness. He's on a feeding tube, and it was pulled out while he was playing with his brother last week. His white count is very low and he is neutropenic at the moment also - so I thought maybe his inner stomach lining was irritated and it would just take time to heal. Well, now he is bleeding (no granulation tissue though) and started running a 102 fever tonight. I'm calling GI in the morning. It's just been crazy! But I promise I'm not gone... well, maybe mentally. But I'll be back - just haven't had to time to get on as much with my baby under the weather.:sad1:

I am so sorry to hear this - praying for your sweet boy. What did the GI say?

I was going to go buy some before we left to have just in case - but my sister is letting me borrow her Disney ones (they go often) she has 4, so if it rains we will only have to buy one. I am guessing that some pop up thunderstorms or showers could still happen so I would want to have them just in case.

I think it rains all year around there. I have been in October, February, May and we had rain at least half the time we were there. It would rain for a few hours then stop for a while before it started again. It was never a cold rain, so it wasn't bad, just annoying. I hope it doesn't rain for your trip as I am hoping the same for our trip.

I have just a few questions that I can't find the answers to.

1) Does anyone know if -During Halloween Week - is the Halloween party at GKTW still held on Monday, like the website schedule says, or do they actually have it on Halloween (which is Wed this year)?

2) Our DD outgrew her swimsuit this year, and there are NO swimsuits for sale in Oregon at this time of year. Do you think we'll be able to pick one up at the Walmart by GKTW?

3) Any tips on visiting Legoland while we're there? It was Josh's 3rd wish (after WWHP and WDW) and we're going to try to squeeze it in if we can.

4) Has anyone made the trip to the beach while there? We're thinking of also attempting that, as Eric and the kids have never seen the Atlantic Ocean.

We are all getting super excited. I let the kids watch the Disney planning video so they would have a better idea of what to expect there, and they were just in awe. Even Eric, who never gets outwardly excited, is starting to show signs of life! lol

1) Does anyone know if -During Halloween Week - is the Halloween party at GKTW still held on Monday, like the website schedule says, or do they actually have it on Halloween (which is Wed this year)?

2) Our DD outgrew her swimsuit this year, and there are NO swimsuits for sale in Oregon at this time of year. Do you think we'll be able to pick one up at the Walmart by GKTW?

3) Any tips on visiting Legoland while we're there? It was Josh's 3rd wish (after WWHP and WDW) and we're going to try to squeeze it in if we can.

4) Has anyone made the trip to the beach while there? We're thinking of also attempting that, as Eric and the kids have never seen the Atlantic Ocean.

We are all getting super excited. I let the kids watch the Disney planning video so they would have a better idea of what to expect there, and they were just in awe. Even Eric, who never gets outwardly excited, is starting to show signs of life! lol

What a great idea - the beach? I will have to consider that after some research.

What size does your daughter wear for swimsuit? My daughter has a lot, and was never able to wear a few of them because of how they fit her. She has several 10-12's, and we would be happy to give you one of them that she has never worn.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

The Halloween party at GKTW will be Wednesday during the week of Halloween.

I would imagine that you would be able to pick up a bathing suit here in Orlando.

I don't have any tips for Legoland, but I know that GKTW has tickets available for it. As for the beach, you will be about 1-2 hours from the beach depends on which way you go. About an hour to the Atlantic and 2 hours to the Gulf.

What a great idea - the beach? I will have to consider that after some research.

What size does your daughter wear for swimsuit? My daughter has a lot, and was never able to wear a few of them because of how they fit her. She has several 10-12's, and we would be happy to give you one of them that she has never worn.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

If you have a swimsuit to spare, that would be amazing!!! She wears a 10-12, so that would be perfect!
Feel free to PM me and we can work something out!
Thanks!
Tara

If you have a swimsuit to spare, that would be amazing!!! She wears a 10-12, so that would be perfect!
Feel free to PM me and we can work something out!
Thanks!
Tara

How sweet!! I love how our families help out one another :hug:!

Has anyone done the Chip and Dale campfire? I'd never heard of it til I saw someone mention it elsewhere on this board. They didn't elaborate so I'm about to go do some searching. DS has been having us have pretend campfires for the past 2 weeks and I'd love to take him to a real one if possible! :)

Oh- I updated about our heart buddy, David, on DS's PTR. Just wanted to let those of you who have been following his story. Don't count the days. Make every day count.

Having a fretful worry day today. M had a bad episode of pain last night and I am sure that set me off. dont know how I am going to manage that at the parks.

money- do I have enough?
weather and rain
leaving my mom alone for a week
staying well till we leave.
if I am in good enough shape to pull this off

just fretting....

Having a fretful worry day today. M had a bad episode of pain last night and I am sure that set me off. dont know how I am going to manage that at the parks.

money- do I have enough?
weather and rain
leaving my mom alone for a week
staying well till we leave.
if I am in good enough shape to pull this off

just fretting....

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter