Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also ask at GKTW if they have any strollers to borrow. That's what we did, we had a double stroller for the week we got from them. It was nice having it for the parking lots at the end of the day.

Oh I didnt know GKTW had strollers. :confused3 Just rented a double from Orlandostrollers today. I know a 6 month old is not going to beable to sit in the disney strollers. They gave us half off for the week we need it.

Side note.. what are the requirements for using the stroller as a wheelchair. Mariska gets tired really fast and most of the time I get stuck carring her when out and about. Night not need it, since someone will always be with the baby/stroller. But could be nice to do the ride switches. I dont want to abuse a pass. Since she does not use a wheelchair else where.. but thought it couldnt hurt to ask. :goodvibes

She is on a special formula that has to stay cold but has to be warmed before I give it to her. Wondering what everyone would suggest for the easiest way to handle that. Its not always at a mealtime. I've considered hot packs, micowave or getting hot water at the parks. What do you think would be easiest??

Also if we have to choose between a day at Universal Islands of Adventure and SeaWorld what do you think? Who likes which one better and why? ARe they both very accessible?

Thanks so much for your help!

I don't know if anyone answered you about warming the formula but all of the parks have baby care centers and I think most of them have lounges for Wish kids so you could probably take care of that in one of those places. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in. As for IOA or Seaworld, I highly recommend IOA if you have any lovers of Dr Seuss.

Hi everybody, I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction because I have no idea where to ask this question.

My sister in law and her family just received the dates for their MAW trip and will be at GKTW starting on 5/13/2012. They are pretty new to WDW, and she is not a member here on the DIS (though I've tried :confused3). She wants to make customized tee shirts for the family to wear on the trip and I am hoping that someone with some experience in this area can help me get started on this for her.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

There is a group of DISigners that make designs that you can print onto t-shirt transfers. I think their thread is on the community boards? You can buy t-shirt transfers at Michael's or Wal-mart. I order mine from amymickey - I think you can google her.

We are waiting for our MAW visit next week. My daughters wish is going to on Disney fantasy. But her backup wish is to go to Disney world. This thread has has been a great resource for the program. Thanks.

Side note.. what are the requirements for using the stroller as a wheelchair. Mariska gets tired really fast and most of the time I get stuck carring her when out and about. Night not need it, since someone will always be with the baby/stroller. But could be nice to do the ride switches. I dont want to abuse a pass. Since she does not use a wheelchair else where.. but thought it couldnt hurt to ask. :goodvibes

When we went with our almost 5 year old he tired easily, so we brought our stroller from home and went to the "city hall" I think it's called in MK (the customer service area) and got a wheelchair as a stroller pass. I went in alone and just showed the guest assistance card we got from GKTW and they gave us a stroller pass no questions asked. I truly believe that Disney wants to make Wish Trips as special and convenient as possible, we got "told off" a few times by cast members for standing in lines to meet characters or not using the fastpass line etc. We felt like we didn't want to be abusing the priviledges, but they sure encouraged us to use them! :goodvibes

My daughter has 23 hours of nursing every day. We are required to take 3 nurses on our trip with us (T-minus 20 days! :scared1:). The nursing agency told us that the nurses would be required to have their own rooms. I know the villas at GKTW are small, and can't accomodate everyone. Would MAW reserve hotel rooms for them? My daughter's wish granter has a child in my other daughter's gymnastics class. I talked to her yesterday and she honestly didn't know.

also, how do I make a PTR? Do I have to open a new thread?

Hello All:) I was wondering how long it was from the time you found out your child was going to have their wish granted until you got your dates....Thanks in advance:worship:

pirate:Joe (daddy) :hippie:Dana (me) :cutie: Emma (9,wish kid) and
:cool1: Ryan (7)

Hello All:) I was wondering how long it was from the time you found out your child was going to have their wish granted until you got your dates....Thanks in advance:worship:

pirate:Joe (daddy) :hippie:Dana (me) :cutie: Emma (9,wish kid) and
:cool1: Ryan (7)

Our went quickly. I say it was like a month. The whole process took us only like 5 months from the time I applied until the time we leave (in 2 days).
But I know each chapter is different so I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer ... Each experience is different.

Oh I didnt know GKTW had strollers. :confused3 Just rented a double from Orlandostrollers today. I know a 6 month old is not going to beable to sit in the disney strollers. They gave us half off for the week we need it.

Hey M! Just tell the Disney peeps and Universal that your daughter has a heart transplant and tires easily. If you need it.. go for it! Owen has oxygen and can't walk well, so we didn't really have an option..but it's nice to have. :)

Your trip is soon!!

My daughter has 23 hours of nursing every day. We are required to take 3 nurses on our trip with us (T-minus 20 days! :scared1:). The nursing agency told us that the nurses would be required to have their own rooms. I know the villas at GKTW are small, and can't accomodate everyone. Would MAW reserve hotel rooms for them? My daughter's wish granter has a child in my other daughter's gymnastics class. I talked to her yesterday and she honestly didn't know.

I do not know the answer to this, but would contact your wish granters or wish manager at MAW to find out. A local fam went to DW recently on their MAW and they are divorced with three kids, both remarried. Each couple got their own villa and the kids just bounced between the two. So I know they do make some type of accomodations, although not entirely sure they would put the nurses in three separate villas?

Thanks Andrea. And everyone else who has replied.

We're counting down the days! 18 more to go.

WE HAVE DATES!!!!
After meeting with our wish granters a year ago we have dates!!! January 19th-29th!!! LOL, we sure are taking our time getting there, huh? :rotfl2: We have our basic plan already and are so thrilled to be going. Thanks to everyone who has answered questions for us. Love it on here!
:cloud9::disrocks:

I have not been on here for a while. It has been a year and a half since Nicky's Wish Trip. We just booked a trip to Disney,:woohoo: and it will be our first time back since the wish trip. We are going this September. Anywho, I just thought I would see what everyone has planned and maybe get some ideas.

Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=35468134

I am not sure exactly how they work that...
BUT
It might be easier for them to have a villa at GKTW. I think that they have villas that ajoin or are connected. (I know that they can do bigger families in more than one villa.) Then the nurses could each have a bedroom and one on the sofa sleeper. They could even take turns and would be right next door if you need them??
Blessings,
Sarah

I am not sure exactly how they work that...
BUT
It might be easier for them to have a villa at GKTW. I think that they have villas that ajoin or are connected. (I know that they can do bigger families in more than one villa.) Then the nurses could each have a bedroom and one on the sofa sleeper. They could even take turns and would be right next door if you need them??
Blessings,
Sarah

We thought of that, but apparently that week is booked. So MAW told me they reserved two rooms at the Best Western. Since one nurse will be with us at all times, two nurses will have their own room.

18 more days and we'll be on our way!! We're getting really excited, especially Keira and my older two kids. Does anyone know if GKTW will allow us to ship some items down in advance? MAW is not going to be able to get alot of the supplies we'll need, so we'd rather ship some stuff ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter