Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my Itinerary some what done. I need some input:

April 29- Arrive in Orlando around 2pm
Hang around the village, orientation, and possible Downtown Disney.
( Candy Land Game)

April 30- Islands of Adventure (arrive around 930 am)
Breakfast at the Village 8 am
Seuss Landing
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter(around noon for lunch Three Broom
Sticks)
Marvel Super Hero Island (Matthew has to meet Superman it a must)
I have no clue what else because Matthew is 38 1/2 inches and they
have a lot of height requirements. Maybe 4 big rides for me and
my hubby. Suggestions
Dinner at the Village

May 1- Magic Kingdom (9am) (not in order)
Quick breakfast from the food cart at the Village
Dumbo is Matthews number one ride.
Buzz lightyear's space ranger (Meet Buzz and Woody)
Ride the Train around the park
Lunch around 11 counter service (Suggetions)
Matthew has appointment with Pirates league and Emmy with BBB
Go with the flow after those have been acheived
I wanted to get on Big Thunder but its going to be down when we are
their. Other then that haunted Mansion and splash mountain.
Meet a few princesses, a parade, and fire works
Dinner at Crystal Palace at 7pm

May 2- Animal Kingdom (early as can be) and Hollywood Studios (4 pm)
Quick breakfast again or make an early breakfast
Do as much as possible before 4 pm at the Animal Kingdom
Having lunch at Rainforest Cafe at 12pm
Go to Hollywood Studios at 4 pm
Like 10 attractions we like to see
Dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe at 630pm

May 3- Not sure if going to Universal Studios or pay another day at Magic
Kingdom. It all depends if we seen everything we wanted the first
time. May be water park. Suggestions
(Winter Wonderland Festival)

May 4- Epcot (Not in no rush 930-10)
Have breakfast at village
All of Nemo
Check out some of the world showcase
Lunch some where in between
Dinner at Le Cellier at 630pm
Suggestions for what the children like at Epcot (toddlers)

May 5- Sea World (before departing home)
I don't know if our flight is early if it isn't possibly check out the aquarium.
Matthew and Emmy have been to two different aquarium so i don't know if they would be interested in another.

Thats it! I am going to try making it to some of the events at the Village but i am not making any promises. Please any suggestion would appreciated.

We are arriving at GKTW on May 3rd so if you hear a UK accent, come and say hello! :goodvibes

It may be too late for your trip, but for others... the last time we went to DL we bought pins on ebay. They ended up being super cheap bought in lots, and since we were trading them, it didn't matter what pins were in the lot. I need to get online and find some for this trip!

thank you ladies for your input!!! i have been reading so many posts that i guess I misunderstood, Now I know the GAC is a card...... good to know, I felt funny about doing it anyway but was following thread advice.
I have added pick a pearl in japan to our list of must do's and should have it ready tomorrow :O) The wish team came today and Emily did a radio show for MAW and her wish trip to Disney :O) Time to get packing!!!! Any other tips, secrets, or favorites???
Thanks again ladies i feel prepared and at ease, i do not do well with surprises when planning for my medically complex kids, but don't worry I didn't spill any pixie dust!!!!
sandy

If you made your own shirts did you have someone design them for you? are you super skilled and made them your self? copied from someone else?

I found a few things I'd love to make a little more personalized, but have no idea how to go about it. *posted them on Mariska's PTR on page 4*

I'm going to make some tie dyed ones, but not sure how to make a make-a-wish shirts.

If you made your own shirts did you have someone design them for you? are you super skilled and made them your self? copied from someone else?

I found a few things I'd love to make a little more personalized, but have no idea how to go about it. *posted them on Mariska's PTR on page 4*

I'm going to make some tie dyed ones, but not sure how to make a make-a-wish shirts.

You can always ask some of the DISigners to design you your own shirt- most of them like to make them. I had a few designed for my nephew's wish trip this past year. I forgot who I asked, but you can look under the most recent posts and usually find a designer or two. Then, just save the image and print it backwards on iron-on paper and make your own shirts- it's really not that hard, but you may want to practice on an old shirt for the first one. :goodvibes They also have some generic Wish designs from some of the designers if you look in their pictures. Some of the designers have them under their signatures on each post they do. Hope it helps- if not I will try to link up some of the designers on here if you can't find one. Let me know!

You need an office program to do it, like word. I just downloaded Openoffice and it was easy and free. then you type whatever you want in the disney font. I googled make a wish and mickey mouse images and saved the pictures to my pictures. Next i inserted the images. Finally i played with font and color. It was easy and original!!! Then print in mirrored (on print preference) onto iron on paper. The girls helped design theirs and it was easy, I did change Emilys bottom row into, My wish came true. I will post pics when we get home, we leave in 28hours!!!!

Hi All! I was wondering if anyone knew if GKTW had Aquatica Sea World tickets available to use in place of Sea World tickets? Our family seems stuck on wanting to go to a waterpark! I didn't know if I should just call GKTW to see what they had available or if that was a question for our Wish Coordinator? I don't want to over-step my boundaries, but at the same time wanting to make sure that I plan the things I know everyone wants to do. Any advise???:confused3

Hi All! I was wondering if anyone knew if GKTW had Aquatica Sea World tickets available to use in place of Sea World tickets? Our family seems stuck on wanting to go to a waterpark! I didn't know if I should just call GKTW to see what they had available or if that was a question for our Wish Coordinator? I don't want to over-step my boundaries, but at the same time wanting to make sure that I plan the things I know everyone wants to do. Any advise???:confused3

Yes, usually the Village does have them.

I was looking and heard that you can ride/drive a plane??? Is this the Censa ride that I have been reading about? Or is it the Maruvia Air Tours? Also I would like to take my DD to a princess character lunch or dinner but I want her to be all dolled up by the BB Boutique first before we got see the princesses (ya know for pictures and stuff). But here is the problem- I don't think that we can go to BBB before breakfast and I am trying to find a character meal that has Ariel. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

I was looking and heard that you can ride/drive a plane??? Is this the Censa ride that I have been reading about? Or is it the Maruvia Air Tours? Also I would like to take my DD to a princess character lunch or dinner but I want her to be all dolled up by the BB Boutique first before we got see the princesses (ya know for pictures and stuff). But here is the problem- I don't think that we can go to BBB before breakfast and I am trying to find a character meal that has Ariel. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

If you would like to read about our INCREDIBLE flights (we needed two since there are 6 of us and they can only take up to three at a time), please check out our trip report day three, entitled: The ONLY way to see Orlando. We found it to be AMAZING!!!

Give Kids The World offers an amazing air adventure to our Wish families. Wish families will be given the opportunity to fly high above Central Florida’s best-loved attractions including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and, of course, Give Kids The World Village. These personal air tours, provided by Mauiva Air Tours, will be 45 minutes to an hour long.
This unique opportunity gives Wish families an aerial view from beautiful Cessna planes which will seat the pilot, the Wish child and two additional guests, one of which must be an adult. The families depart from Kissimmee Gateway Airport and will receive a DVD of their flight experience to take home.
Because of the high demand, this experience should be booked before Wish families’ arrival to Give Kids The World. Please note because of the nature of this activity, some restrictions may apply. Contact your Village Vacation Planning agent to sign your families up for this amazing opportunity.

I forgot to say, we did BBB for our girls (and Pirate's League for the boys) on our last day at Disney and then had one of the last sittings at breakfast at CRT...where we received MAJOR Pixie Dust! We were actually the very last family in the castle dining room before lunch, which was very cool...

Any of you guys that have been following along with us, I have a bit of news to share.

So, after Cooper was born, 4 years ago, I decided to have my tubes tied, so they were tied the day after I had him, Leap Day 2008. I had a hard time getting pregnant with Cooper, we had 3 miscarriages between Keira & Cooper.

Well, the week before we left for our Disney trip, I didn't feel that great, felt odd, and thought I should get a pregnancy test. I took 2 of them, and they were both positive!

At this point I'm freaking out because we didn't want more kids. The week after we got back I went to the doc. They confirmed it was a positive test and sent me for an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy.

It's not! We're having another baby, October 26th is my due date. We're finally getting use to the idea. LOL!

Just thought I'd share. :)

Any of you guys that have been following along with us, I have a bit of news to share.

So, after Cooper was born, 4 years ago, I decided to have my tubes tied, so they were tied the day after I had him, Leap Day 2008. I had a hard time getting pregnant with Cooper, we had 3 miscarriages between Keira & Cooper.

Well, the week before we left for our Disney trip, I didn't feel that great, felt odd, and thought I should get a pregnancy test. I took 2 of them, and they were both positive!

At this point I'm freaking out because we didn't want more kids. The week after we got back I went to the doc. They confirmed it was a positive test and sent me for an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy.

It's not! We're having another baby, October 26th is my due date. We're finally getting use to the idea. LOL!

Oh my goodness !! I'm not sure what to say .. On one hand it's sort of a miracle ... But I understand not wanting more and finding out that you're pregnant. I pray that all goes well and this little miracle brings your family great joy and happiness. :goodvibes

I wasn't expecting more children either and ended up with my twins. It was a shock but they are truly the best thing that could have happened to me ! :love:

I just got chills! It is kind of a miracle and such a great one! Congratulations!!

Hi everyone! I had posted awhile back that my daughter was being granted a wish..well we just got our dates! We go may 15th-21st. We have not told our children yet as they asked that we wait until our wish granters come over again to officially grant Maggie's wish..hope it's soon cause I am bursting at the seams!!

One question I have..I know that Maggie is most definitely going to want to eat at the castle and also do the BBB, do you think that it is too late to get reservations at those places? And if not, do I make the reservations myself or does make a wish have to do it? I am pretty unsure of how all that stuff works.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Our wish coordinator scheduled Keira's meal @ CRT for us. And I bet they could do BBB for you guys too. DD doesn't have much hair at the moment, still coming back in from chemo, so we did the pirate league! It was awesome. She's done BBB before though.

I'd ask your wish coordinator.

Hi everyone! I had posted awhile back that my daughter was being granted a wish..well we just got our dates! We go may 15th-21st. We have not told our children yet as they asked that we wait until our wish granters come over again to officially grant Maggie's wish..hope it's soon cause I am bursting at the seams!!

One question I have..I know that Maggie is most definitely going to want to eat at the castle and also do the BBB, do you think that it is too late to get reservations at those places? And if not, do I make the reservations myself or does make a wish have to do it? I am pretty unsure of how all that stuff works.

Thanks everyone!

We're starting to get excited! I'm hoping for another girl, because, Keira has the bigger bedroom! LOL! Otherwise, we'll be switching Cooper to Keira's room.

And, I don't want Cooper to be a "middle child", LOL! But he desperately wants a brother!

Thanks everyone!

We're starting to get excited! I'm hoping for another girl, because, Keira has the bigger bedroom! LOL! Otherwise, we'll be switching Cooper to Keira's room.

And, I don't want Cooper to be a "middle child", LOL! But he desperately wants a brother!

Congratulations!!! Can't imagine the surprise after having difficulties before and getting your tubes tied...guess it is meant to be;) Good luck!

Dear Lauren,

That is SO exciting, Thank you for sharing the news with us! Less than two months and you will all be having the time of your lives!

If your wish granters don't make the ressies for you or can't get them...DON'T give up! Keep checking at Guest services, even on the day you are at the park and want to do these activities, make sure they know it is a wish trip. I know they will accommodate you if they are able! :goodvibes

I hope you will share how the reveal turns out, when Maggie hears all of her dreams are coming true!

Our wish granters came the other night to bring us our travel docs and expense check ! They were awesome and I finally got my BIGGEST question answered ... I do not have to return the rental back at he airport after our GKTW portion ! I have to return it to the hotel across the street from DTD. Plus I don't have to return it until 6pm that night. Yay .. No rushing around on that day !! Then we'll use Disney transportation for the remainder of our tip.
That is ONE big thing off my chest ! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter