• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MAGIC's 2016 Westbound Transatlantic - September 17-28

We have just booked this cruise, my husband Scott and myself. We have done an EBTA but this is our first WBTA. We will enjoy gaining an hour every day instead of losing an hour every day! Still need to catch up on previous posts.

Hi all, my husband and myself (James & Amanda) just booked this cruise as well, and are super excited! This will be our 4th Disney cruise, as we've done two, and have a third coming up on the Wonder in April. This will not only be the longest trip, but also the first time we'll sail by ourselves :) Less than a year to go!

Hi all! I don't think we've checked in here yet even though we booked this cruise the day it became available! There are 7 of us in adjoining staterooms.
Marc, Kyrie, Jacob (11), Max (10), Ella (7), Zoe (5), and Zach (3). Woohoo! The first time ever that all of our kids can go to the Kids Club! And from past experience, they will want to spend plenty of time there!

Hello fellow cruisers! Our family is taken our first Disney cruise. It will be my husband and myself (Nick & Julie) and our two children Madeline (8) and William (5). I'm dying to do the fish extender... Please someone boss me on what I need to do to be a part. :)

We currently live in Europe and will be using this cruise as our way to move back to America!

This will be our first transatlantic and I have never been to Barcelona. My husband has. Right now we are planning on flying in from Boston the day before. It will be an overnight flight with a stop in Dublin (as long as things stay the same with airlines that is). We check in the following morning and plan on taking a nap. That afternoon we go sightseeing and then grab a dinner somewhere. Grab a taxi the next morning to the port and off we go. Just from the initial research we've done we have picked out Hotel 1898 but not sure if we are sticking with that one. I'd love to find one that has shuttle service to the port but I think I might be wishing for too much.

Tracey, we have stayed at Hotel 1898. Great hotel, great location. Starbucks one block and ,of course, right on the Ramblas ! If you're hungry for American food, Hard Rock just 2 blocks. And the HOHO bus is right there. Just a short taxi to the ship. When we were there, my son was staying at the Le Meridian next door with his family. It was a Disney pre cruise hotel. And they let us go on the bus even though we weren't staying there.

We are thinking about booking this, our 1st TA ! We've done the Bahamas, Caribbean, Alaska, Med and Baltic so excited about the thoughts of lots of sea days ! We love doing the FE. Hope one will be organized.
I would love to hear from people who have done TAs what the shows were like, and other activities.
I'll get back once we're booked.

Hi all !
Booked this cruise today ! Our 1st Disney Transatlantic, #16 in all. It will be me,Gina, dh Bruce and SIL Cindy.
Thinking of flying to Dublin (cheap rates from Houston ) ,spend 2 nights, then 2 nights in Barcelona. Hope we can get the Hotel 1898 like Tracey. Great location and hotel.
Looking forward to getting to know you over the year !

Hi all !
Booked this cruise today ! Our 1st Disney Transatlantic, #16 in all. It will be me,Gina, dh Bruce and SIL Cindy.
Thinking of flying to Dublin (cheap rates from Houston ) ,spend 2 nights, then 2 nights in Barcelona. Hope we can get the Hotel 1898 like Tracey. Great location and hotel.
Looking forward to getting to know you over the year !
Welcome. We often go via Dublin to get the US but never been beyond an airport hotel. So this Dec (incl New years eve) we are staying in Dublin centre for 3 nights.
We will probably stay in Barca 2 nights before cruise also.

Yeah, that thread kind of blew up big time. Lots of finger pointing and name calling and assumptions being made. I found that the people who were the most vocal about it claimed to take a case of beer or a box of wine on board and drank it wherever they pleased and no one had ever said anything to them about it, even though DCL policy was that personal alcohol was supposed to be only consumed in your stateroom. Too much "Disney's changing their rules" when it seemed like those squawking the loudest were those not playing by the rules and they wonder why Disney changed the rules.

Anyway, on to more happy thoughts. Like seven days at sea! Really good food. Parties on deck. Disney themed shows. Meeting new people.
I'm not happy about the alcohol policy. We may or may not do this cruise, but not because of the alcohol policy. This cruise is cheap so buying alcohol is not really a issue. We drink, but were not big drinkers so it doesn't effect us that much. DCL's price increases effect us a lot. It was kind of nice knowing at least you could save a few bucks on a drink. Not the case anymore. The prices will probably drive us to RCI or NCL in the near future more than the alcohol policy. Just got a great rate on a GT rate out of Galveston in December so I'm happy about that. If we do this cruise it will be our 12th or 13th cruise in 5 years. I keep thinking I'll get sick of cruising, but I don't.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Count us in on this cruise. We just booked via OBB before getting off the 2015 WBTA. Loved it, plus this one will end in NY.

The 2015 took a more northern route this year because of storm avoidance from Funchal to Castaway Cay and weather was perfect. The crew said the route in 2016 will be further north, but should still have great weather. Here's to hoping that is the case.

Rich with his DW and DD(3@time of cruise)

Hi Rich ! Glad you had a great cruise. Happy to see more folks coming onboard for 2016. The more the merrier !
Hope we can get an FE started. If no one volunteers, I could do it. I've never organized one before, but have participated in many. Did you have an active group on your TA ? Did you have an FE ? Did your group organize any other activities ? Some Roll Call groups have receive exchanges, Secret Mickeys, Trivia groups, card games / board games at sea, book exchanges, Palo Brunch. I'm sure there are other suggestions. The point is to get to know each other having FUN AT SEA !

Hey Scrapy - there is an FE started and mention of other activities has occurred. I for one would be interested in any tequila tasting mixology thingy! (Hint Hint):drinking1Also there is a small group getting together for dress-up evening photo opps in similar outfits such as black/white, sailing outfits, Dapper Day at Sea, and some other surprises. Keep your eye out for further announcements.

Hey Scrapy - there is an FE started and mention of other activities has occurred. I for one would be interested in any tequila tasting mixology thingy! (Hint Hint):drinking1Also there is a small group getting together for dress-up evening photo opps in similar outfits such as black/white, sailing outfits, Dapper Day at Sea, and some other surprises. Keep your eye out for further announcements.

Thanks Tracey !

Hi Rich ! Glad you had a great cruise. Happy to see more folks coming onboard for 2016. The more the merrier !
Hope we can get an FE started. If no one volunteers, I could do it. I've never organized one before, but have participated in many. Did you have an active group on your TA ? Did you have an FE ? Did your group organize any other activities ? Some Roll Call groups have receive exchanges, Secret Mickeys, Trivia groups, card games / board games at sea, book exchanges, Palo Brunch. I'm sure there are other suggestions. The point is to get to know each other having FUN AT SEA !

We have quite a bit of planning and banter going on on that website no one is allowed to mention, with the blue color scheme. :jumping1:

Hi, everyone! DH and I just booked this cruise and we are very excited about it. We'd had the British Isles cruise booked and then cancelled that in favor of the New York cruise to Canada. Friends of ours just returned from this year's westbound Transatlantic and their description sounded heavenly, a perfect mix of activity options and relaxation. The price for this 11-night cruise is about $400 more than that 5 night cruise. It seemed like a no-brainer to change to this one. We've been to Barcelona three times (before and after the 2011 10-night DCL and after our 2014 12-night DCL), and we love the city! And we also love that this 2016 WBTA cruise ends in New York, within train distance from home for us.

We are Cam (keenercam) and Howard (keenho). Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Hi everyone! We've just booked this ship, a present from our father and mother! We are a "big" family from Argentina and we'd love to participate in the FE!!!

#6016 Johnnie (dad 74y), Alicia (mom 68y) & Nati (daughter with special needs 39y)
#6014 Gonzalo (husband 42y), Flor (daughter 38y) and Franco (boy 4y)
#6024 & #6026 Ramiro (husband 42y), Ale (daughter 41y), Tommy (boy 13y), Bauti (boy 9y) & Maxi (girl 7y)

(Note: years are at time of travelling)
Hope to see you all in Sep 2016 onboard the Magic!!!

Best, Flor

Hi, everyone! DH and I just booked this cruise and we are very excited about it. We'd had the British Isles cruise booked and then cancelled that in favor of the New York cruise to Canada. Friends of ours just returned from this year's westbound Transatlantic and their description sounded heavenly, a perfect mix of activity options and relaxation. The price for this 11-night cruise is about $400 more than that 5 night cruise. It seemed like a no-brainer to change to this one. We've been to Barcelona three times (before and after the 2011 10-night DCL and after our 2014 12-night DCL), and we love the city! And we also love that this 2016 WBTA cruise ends in New York, within train distance from home for us.

We are Cam (keenercam) and Howard (keenho). Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Good to see you on this cruise!

I'm still getting excited every time I see a new post here. SO EXCITED! :figment:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter