Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

Wondering if I am the person on Cruise Critic who suggested Chank :) I work there and have been posting there as well (at Cruise Critic not Chankanaab - though that would be cool)

We are still debating as well.

The turtle farm can be booked independently through Disney - and included a buffet lunch I think - for around $100 pp. Kind of pricey. We paid so much less doing it on our own.

I think you are the one from Cruise Critic--Help@? If so, nice to see you here :)

I am thinking we will just book the Turtle Farm on our own. It says that they pick up at 8:30 and 9:45. On the ship's itinerary it says "guest ashore 8:00AM". Is that when they start letting people go ashore? In other words, would we make an 8:30 pickup, or should we play it safe with 9:45? I wish there was something in between. I want to make sure we have enough time there (return times are 12 or 1:15). Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone, I just spent quite a while reading through all 21 pages of this thread. Looks like a fun group! We are another family that took advantage of the great military rate. It will be myself, DH, DD (6), DS (6), and DD (4). This will be our first cruise and we are extremely excited!
Another set of twins! How cool is that! We have several sets! It'll be like a multiples support group LOL!

The cost via the farm website is: Turtle Adventure Tour- Includes the Entire Park Adults (over 12) - $45 USD Child (ages 5 - 12) - $25 USD * admission FREE for children ages 4 and under There is a 20% discount right now for booking online - and they will pick you up! The only thing you will have to pay extra for as compared to the Disney trip is food.
You're the best! I am so booking that trip! Going to the website now. My kids won't swim with the dolphins but really wanted to see the turtles! Perfect!

This group is the lucky group to be the first to sail the newly re-imagined Magic with the Itinerary B schedule. That being said, I'm cruising on the next Itinerary B schedule on 11/15. Would anyone consider sharing their Personal Navigators when the cruise ends? I know it would be tough to share quickly but it would surely help us with planning/packing and I'd be very grateful! Thank you in advance!

I think you are the one from Cruise Critic--Help@? If so, nice to see you here :)

I am thinking we will just book the Turtle Farm on our own. It says that they pick up at 8:30 and 9:45. On the ship's itinerary it says "guest ashore 8:00AM". Is that when they start letting people go ashore? In other words, would we make an 8:30 pickup, or should we play it safe with 9:45? I wish there was something in between. I want to make sure we have enough time there (return times are 12 or 1:15). Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
I would go with the 9:45 pick-up. Occasionally the ship may be a few minutes late docking and may not clear customs as quickly as they hope. We've had the guests ashore time change by as much as 30 minutes.

TaniaSWFL said:
This group is the lucky group to be the first to sail the newly re-imagined Magic with the Itinerary B schedule. That being said, I'm cruising on the next Itinerary B schedule on 11/15. Would anyone consider sharing their Personal Navigators when the cruise ends? I know it would be tough to share quickly but it would surely help us with planning/packing and I'd be very grateful! Thank you in advance!

That shouldn't be a problem. You may want to post here just as a reminder after the 6th.

Thanks!!

I think the ship tenders in CG, (someone correct me if that is wrong) so keep that in mind. DCL excursions get off the ship first (if they are timed early). Also, remember to allow tender time to return to the ship. We have only had the tendering experience at Cabo, and were told there to allow an hour incase you had to wait for a tender since they tend to fill up at end of day.

I think the ship tenders in CG, (someone correct me if that is wrong) so keep that in mind. DCL excursions get off the ship first (if they are timed early). Also, remember to allow tender time to return to the ship. We have only had the tendering experience at Cabo, and were told there to allow an hour incase you had to wait for a tender since they tend to fill up at end of day.
I believe you are right Mrs. Mork. When we went out last November, we skipped Grand Cayman because rough seas made tendering too dangerous. That's another reason why we always book our excursions through Disney. If for some reason a port is skipped, Disney credits your onboard account with any excursion costs already paid. I don't know if you would get a refund if you have to cancel when you book it yourself. Also, if you book it through Disney, if the excursion is late getting back to the ship, they will hold the ship. If you are on an "independent" excursion and are late, they may or may not hold the ship and they may or may not assess you a penalty. Last fall when we were out, a couple was 45 minutes late getting back to the ship in Cozumel and we understood they were assessed a healthy fine since the ship was in port longer than it was supposed to be.

If you can get the name for the parking garage that would be wonderful. Thanks!!

QUOTE=kpadalik;49693895]My mom just got back from a cruise last week and used a parking garage that was 5 minutes from the port and is leased from the City of Miami. It was very cheap (I think around $7/day) and she was able to keep the keys to her car. Getting to the port and getting back to the garage was fast and easy, employees were very nice. She would definitely use them again, so we are going to use them. I can't find the name of the company, so I will have to ask her and get back to you with that. The only thing she said that was a little unnerving was that the garage was on the edge of a very sketchy part of town, but the garage itself is partially underground, gated, and watched 24 hrs by a security guard.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if all 3 plays are shown during a 5 night? (Dreams, Twice Charmed, and Villians Tonight) I know they show all of them on the 7 and 8 night cruises, but this is our first 5 night.

I just booked this cruise with family and we are soo excited. It's our first time on the cruise line...I am a HUGE Disney fan!!!!! I'm trying to learn more about the FE... could someone give me some ideas on how we can join I have 3 kids and my sister has 2.

My Son's birthday is the day before we set sail...I told the lady we booked with about his birthday and she said they would recognize it...So, what do they do? He is going to be 13 I don't want to embarrass him although he does LOVE attention. Could someone out there let me know what to expect?

FE you can send a PM to mrsmork and she will get you on the list. Today is the last day to register I think.

Ok as stated before super new to cruising so lots of questions here....
I booked my husband and son on an excursion for just the two of them... my youngest son is going off with his Aunt and Uncle... and my Daughter and I will be doing something together too...now,the other 2 groups leave the ship earlier than we do...could we get off with them and tour around until our excursion starts? Or do they work it where you only get off at set designated times?

Thank you so much! BIrthday cake at the table doesn't sound so bad Im sure he will like that kind of attention!!! Super Excited!!!

My husband and I leave Thursday for our 10yr anniversary cruise on the Dream. Kids are staying home for the first time with my parents. 32 days till we set sail on the new Magic! We are so excited bring on the Disney Magic!:yay:

If you book the excursions through disney you will have a designated place to meet on the ship for your excursion then everyone leaves the ship together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter