• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

Just booked - incredible military offer, couldn't resist! Plus we get to see the newly re-imagined Magic!! This is our 3rd cruise since June 2013 and loving it!!

Would like to join an FE group if there's still room - please let me know.

Blessings

Welcome!

And, if you are interested:

Anyone wanting to participate in FE please get the following information to me via PM.

Number of adults, (indicate M/F) number and age of children and indicate B/G
cabin number
any allergies

Cut off date for joining FE is Oct 1.

Welcome everyone!

Sorry I can't help with transport ideas from FLL. We're flying in to MIA a couple days before. I did look at fights in to Fort Lauderdale because there are so many more of them from the Midwest. The transport issue did weigh in my mind and I'm glad we found other options into Miami.

We've sailed once where we've flown in the day of. Entirely too nerve wracking. Won't do that again, especially with the state of airlines nowadays.

Glad to have you join us!

It is a very short drive from FLL to Miami port. We used JR shuttle in May when we did the PC cruise. It is a very long round about day to fly from our area to Miami, but only one stop on Southwest to FLL, so we did that and then had the shuttle pick up at the hotel. They were right on time (and I mean to the minute!), courteous, and reasonably priced.

JR Shuttle Service
jrshuttle dot com

It seems there is also a Super Shuttle FLL to Port of Miami for $15 per person. We use them in LA to get to DL all the time and they are reliable. I don't know if that is a good price, but it is another option.

Flying in on the day of departure makes me nervous too :scared1: there are to many things that can go wrong. I will be flying from Chicago a few days ahead to Tampa. That is where the rest of my party lives. We will drive to Miami the day before and stay at a hotel that has a "Stay and Cruise" package where we can leave the car. Their shuttle will take us to the port. A great option in my opinion. I have done this before.

This is our first time leaving from Miami....We are flying into FLL and it looks like SAS transportation is the cheapest way to get to the port. Has anyone found a better option? We have always flown in the day before a cruise, this will be our first time flying in the morning of. It makes me a little nervous, but hopefully there won't be any delays. Our plane gets into FLL at 9:45am. Anyone else flying in the morning of?

We are flying into Miami the day of our cruise. Our flight lands at noon. I have only flown in on the day of once before. It was a disaster because I live in central time zone and flew out of an airport in the eastern time zone. I missed my flight to Orlando, but was lucky to get on one two hours later. The kids and grandkids got to ride to the port in a limo and I had to take a taxi (which was more as expensive as the limo one way). Since the port is not too from the airport, I am hoping that everything goes smoothly.:)

Thanks for the advice everyone! We are actually thinking about switching our plane ticket to fly in on the 31st instead. Our tickets are on southwest, so there won't be a fee charged. It makes me too nervous to fly in the day of, plus my husband is a big Miami Dolphins fan, and they have a game on the 31st. I think we'll switch our tickets, and then my husband can go to the game, and I don't have to worry about any flight delays and missing the cruise the day of. It looks like the stadium is about 30 minutes from the airport, I know there will be traffic, so it will take longer. Is there anyone from Miami that can tell me about how long it will take from FLL to the stadium where the game is played?

Thanks for the advice everyone! We are actually thinking about switching our plane ticket to fly in on the 31st instead. Our tickets are on southwest, so there won't be a fee charged. It makes me too nervous to fly in the day of, plus my husband is a big Miami Dolphins fan, and they have a game on the 31st. I think we'll switch our tickets, and then my husband can go to the game, and I don't have to worry about any flight delays and missing the cruise the day of. It looks like the stadium is about 30 minutes from the airport, I know there will be traffic, so it will take longer. Is there anyone from Miami that can tell me about how long it will take from FLL to the stadium where the game is played?

I can't answer your question about traffic, but WOW, what a great way for your husband to start the trip! :cheer2:

WE GOT OUR ROOM ASSIGNMENT!!!! :dance3::yay: Not that it really, really matters. :rolleyes: We are on the ship! :snooty:

WE GOT OUR ROOM ASSIGNMENT!!!! :dance3::yay: Not that it really, really matters. :rolleyes: We are on the ship! :snooty:

That's great! What did you book and what did you end up getting? We booked this weekend a 9C GTY, so I'm wondering when we will get our room assignment....

That's great! What did you book and what did you end up getting? We booked this weekend a 9C GTY, so I'm wondering when we will get our room assignment....

We booked an 11C and got and 11C. :lmao: Only time we have gotten an upgrade in 14 cruises was PC May 2013 when we booked VGT. We paid for a navigators verandah and got a regular verandah. But, upgrades matter not to us. We are onboard and don't have to sleep in a lifeboat! :yay::dance3: Oh, and we were just regular GTY this trip, booked in August.

Oh sorry! It looks like we got an 11A - paid for 11C. Guess that's an upgrade. :rotfl: Where it is at on the ship is the only difference, I think.

Oh sorry! It looks like we got an 11A - paid for 11C. Guess that's an upgrade. :rotfl: Where it is at on the ship is the only difference, I think.

It's driving me crazy not knowing our room assignment. I've NEVER booked GTY. I like being able to pick where our room is, but oh well. Same as you - I'm just excited that we are able to be on this ship! I'm just anxiously awaiting our assignment :)

Just texted with son. He and grandson are directly across the hall from us. He is FL resident and so got that great FL rate for a verandah room. I just told him that he can board early with us (Platinum) in exchange for verandah privileges. :lmao: He is good with that. :thumbsup2:cool1:

Just texted with son. He and grandson are directly across the hall from us. He is FL resident and so got that great FL rate for a verandah room. I just told him that he can board early with us (Platinum) in exchange for verandah privileges. :lmao: He is good with that. :thumbsup2:cool1:

That is awesome that they will be close to you :) We will prob be waiting until 2 weeks out for our room since we were VGT

MrsMork said:

That couldn't have worked out better! Glad you got a nice cabin. We are 11A as well. Don't mind being interior, but really didn't want to be under a lot of noise. Glad you're all settled...we're getting closer....

Our grand niece and her husband visited us the last two nights. Now our assignment is to book 2 staterooms on Dec 17, 2014 four day cruise while onboard to get all those OB booking perks. :thumbsup2 One for us and one for them. We will also take them to WDW for 4 nights pre cruise. It will be their first DCL cruise, she has sailed one Carnival :eek::scared:, he has never cruise. It will be their second wedding anniversary. We are excited! So, now we are booked for Oct 2014 and will be booked for Dec 2014. :dance3:

We are on the Magic for the Oct cruise and Wonder for Dec. We do know CMs on both of those ships though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter