Magic - May 29, 2016 - 7 Night Norwegian Fjord

I see there are four tween girls near the same age on the FE lists. Lauren (11) would be interested in messaging one or any of them before the trip. She tends to use iMessages the most. PM me if your daughter is interested and I'll send her details. Alex

Has anyone purchased the photo maker for the cruise?
Do you mean the package up front? We bought that last month with 15% off and plan to add my parents cabin on when we are there which will apparently be half price. We bought the CD on our cruise before and made lots of effort to get loads of photo ops so found it good value. Though the photos themselves all stuck together even though I was storing them at a reasonable temperature.

Newbie question here,
How do you know when your cabin is ready and how do you know when your suitcases are delivered ?

They will tell you when you check in what time your cabin will be ready -- they open all the cabin areas at the same time (I think it's 1:30, at least on the US cruises). Your bags will get there when they get there -- they will be left right outside your door, but there's no schedule or "alert" system of which I am aware that lets you know when your bags actually are placed outside your door.

Hello. Odd question, do we tip room service in US dollars, or do we need to get local currency?

As Tidefan said, all currency on board is in US dollars. We've tipped in both dollars and Euros before but only Euros when we know the crew are about to spend the summer in Europe as they can then spend the Euros. In Norway, for example, the chance for them to spend NOK will be limited as they aren't there for long so I would stick to dollars.

Hope that helps.

Hello. Odd question, do we tip room service in US dollars, or do we need to get local currency?

Last years Navigators are knocking around online that show the order for 2015 but this might change. Best bet is to check Navigators once on board or head to guest services if you need to know for later days in the cruise.

Am very excited! 9 more sleeps til we head down to Dover. Does anyone know what order the shows will play in?

Hi Matt - as BrerNashville said, it's usually 1/1:30pm (in Europe - well, it is from Barcelona so assume it'll be the same for Dover) when they let you into your cabins. In each lift lobby they'll be a sign up stating what time you can get into your cabin. Your bags arrive once the ship sails. We've had some early and shortly after muster/sailing and we had one time where they didn't come until 9pm. They are really very good at getting your bags to you as soon as possible, it's incredible to watch them do it (they are worth their weight in gold).

Remember to pack anything you need for that day in the bag you carry on!

See you on board :jumping1:

Newbie question here,
How do you know when your cabin is ready and how do you know when your suitcases are delivered ?

Can't believe we are a week away! It's so exciting Five days of work left and then I am done

Just need to check what type of plug socket is on board as to whether we need an adaptor for our electricals. Thanks in advance!

Emma
x

We're on this cruise, and we're actually leaving on Monday to spend a week in London beforehand. I literally just found out what Fish Extenders are, and what a cool idea! Is it too late to join? Please say that it's not! If you would be able to add my family, that would be awesome! It reminds me of potlatches that we used to exchange at campouts in Girl Scouts! Please let me know ASAP so I have time to get something together as we leave in a few days! Thanks!

Your DIS Name Norbka
Names Karen, Michael, Audrey (5), Michael (2)
Allergies Baby Michael is allergic to walnuts
Cabin # Message me
Child Age 5 & 2
Favorite Characters Rapunzel, Anna, Elsa, Cinderella, Mickey, Lightning Mc Queen, Tow Mater

Hi @Norbka

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am afraid it is too late to join our FE. If you read the thread you will see that our list closed on April 30th and all participants already have their cabin details. We kept our list open as late as possible for this cruise as our FE had such a slow uptake but there is no way I am able to add any more to our FE. I hope you can appreciate that at some point we had to have a cut-off.

Many thanks

Daniela
Team Norway FE

We're on this cruise, and we're actually leaving on Monday to spend a week in London beforehand. I literally just found out what Fish Extenders are, and what a cool idea! Is it too late to join? Please say that it's not! If you would be able to add my family, that would be awesome! It reminds me of potlatches that we used to exchange at campouts in Girl Scouts! Please let me know ASAP so I have time to get something together as we leave in a few days! Thanks!

Your DIS Name Norbka
Names Karen, Michael, Audrey (5), Michael (2)
Allergies Baby Michael is allergic to walnuts
Cabin # Message me
Child Age 5 & 2
Favorite Characters Rapunzel, Anna, Elsa, Cinderella, Mickey, Lightning Mc Queen, Tow Mater

Hi Emma @OrangeFizz

There are both US and European plugs on board so you will need either/or both adaptors. If I were you, I'd take both because if there are a few of you in the cabin then it's easier to be able to use all available plugs than to fight it out for plug space.

Enjoy your last week of week. Looking forward to seeing you on board.

Daniela

Can't believe we are a week away! It's so exciting Five days of work left and then I am done

Just need to check what type of plug socket is on board as to whether we need an adaptor for our electricals. Thanks in advance!

Emma
x

Hi Emma @OrangeFizz

There are both US and European plugs on board so you will need either/or both adaptors. If I were you, I'd take both because if there are a few of you in the cabin then it's easier to be able to use all available plugs than to fight it out for plug space.

Enjoy your last week of week. Looking forward to seeing you on board.

Daniela

Thanks lovely! Will pack both then :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter