• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic - May 29, 2016 - 7 Night Norwegian Fjord

{content edited by a moderator}

For those interested in joining the FE list, we are going to close each list at 10 cabins per list and the final closing date for all lists is April 30, 2016.
To join the list, please email and I will update the list as I recieve responses.
If people want to be on multiple lists, like my family does, please e-mail me at genequeen19@gmail.com and each time I start a new list, I will add you to it.

If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at genequeen19@gmail.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - we're another UK family who're taking advantage of this cruise coinciding with 1/2 term. It'll be me and my wife, our son (who'll be 8) and daughter (who'll be 5), and probably my in-laws too.

Does anyone know if there'll be a Pirate night on the cruise? (It's probably very early to say, but I heard there's not going to be one on the Baltic cruise we're going on this year). This will be our 4th Disney cruise - we were thinking of having a break next year but couldn't resist the itinerary and the 1/2 term timing.

Hello from the Mrs :)

We would like to be involved with the Fish Extenders too, I'll fill in our details nearer the time (at 7 and 5, the children's tastes change rapidly).

Being from the states, I have to ask what is half term? A lot of our schools in the states by the end of May are done for the summer.

In the UK, the kids get a week off roughly half way through each of the three terms. They don't break up for the summer holidays until late July. Our kids finish next Wednesday officially although we're taking them out a day early :).

Just catching up with the thread as haven't been on in a while - can I just double check, in case I'm mis-reading it - it's a 10 cabin limit and we can choose individual or cabin gifts? As in, it's a personal choice?

Last FE we did had a mix. Others have been specific and didn't want cabin/group FE gifts. Or wanted only adult. We prefer to choose ourselves.

I'll complete the survey form now :)

Just catching up with the thread as haven't been on in a while - can I just double check, in case I'm mis-reading it - it's a 10 cabin limit and we can choose individual or cabin gifts? As in, it's a personal choice?

Last FE we did had a mix. Others have been specific and didn't want cabin/group FE gifts. Or wanted only adult. We prefer to choose ourselves.

I'll complete the survey form now :)
Yes you can choose to gift the cabin with a room gift or personalized group. We can start an adult group if people are interested.

One other thing {content edited by a moderator } you had us listed as 3 Adults. We will be 2 Adults and DD will be 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, we are from the UK - on this cruise there will only be me & my DD Alice 14 who has complex needs. This will be our 6th DCL cruise and we are looking forward to visiting Norway x

Yes you can choose to gift the cabin with a room gift or personalized group. We can start an adult group if people are interested.

I've just seen that I'm in the form responses section but not on the actual FE list? Did I do it wrong? (Probably, I am sleep deprived)... Also, I wrote the child information badly. It reads as 1 8 year old girl which could be misinterpreted as an 18 year old girl. It's actually an 8 year old child, could you please change that for me?

Thank you. And thanks for taking on the task of arranging the list. It's much appreciated :)

Hi all

We are the Speight family from Leeds, UK.

This will be our 3rd cruise on the Magic. We sailed last year on a 7 night Med voyage from Barcelona and we are booked for the same cruise departing in just 4 weeks time.

We are excited to be sailing from a UK port but, having only experienced hot climates whilst cruising we are a little unsure about sailing in more modest temperatures. I imagine that enjoying the pool area will be less appealing and was hoping that anyone that has sailed in colder temperatures might be able to give us some tips on how to spend our port days if we are not planning on exploring that day. On these types of cruises do they have more on ship activities whilst in port. On our cruise last year we had a rainy port day. After checking the schedule it became apparent that there wasn't a lot happening and they even ended up putting an unscheduled showing of Frozen on in the main theatre which was packed, confirming that we weren't the only ones at a loss that day.

We have heard that there are a few exciting changes on this cruise including a new Tangled show, a possible Frozen evening (rather than pirate night) and also the Bibbddi Bobbidi Boutique is to make an appearance by the end of 2015.

I am also interested in what port excursions others are interested in booking. We have stuck with the DCL excursions in the past and usually do 2. I want to make sure they are good ones.

Thanks

Hi we have just booked this cruise and are interested in joining the FE we got off the magic today:sad:
Lorna Dade

Speight Family
I sailed to Alaska on Disney and enjoyed the pools several times - We went in early June and some days were a bit chilly but the pools felt great! So did the hot tub! I am not planning on doing the towns on my own - just exploring them and enjoying the towns and sights. I have been reading all the trip reports from the people taking the trips right now to see how they like their excursions to see what sounds good.
Lynn

Hi everyone! We booked this cruise while on the Magic back in April, but we're planning the October Panama Canal at the same time and it's taking all my focus!

We are two adults and our son who will be 11.

Hi all

We have just hopped off the Magic yesterday after she ported in Barcelona sailing on the Repo cruise from Dover! While we were on board we booked again(of course) for the Norway cruise, and we are so excited - well I am!

I am Jo from the UK(Bedfordshire) and the rest of the crew are Rob my husband and my Daughetr Holly who will be 14 when we cruise and my son Evan who will be a newly turned 12 when we cruise! this will be our 16th cruise. we are booked for deck 2 GTY hoping for a mid ship location(we have done forward this time and aft in the past, but to be honest as long as I am on the ship somewhere I don't mind. I am. Off to visit the rest of this thread now and look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi everyone!

We've just booked our first ever cruise and I am beyond excited!!!!! It's taken me years to convince my husband to do this-can't believe I've finally succeeded (although it was touch and go at one point as we could only get the second dinner slot which isn't great for my 4 year old!). I think the fact this cruise sails to and from Dover was the main selling point as we only live an hour away. Anyway I seem to be spending every waking moment googling everything to do with Disney cruise's which is how I've found you guys. I love the fish extender idea too so I've filled in the link to be part of that and I've also been merrily saving pictures I find to use as door magnets. Our little group will be made up of me, my husband, our 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son and we'll be staying on 7th deck.

Looking forward to more excited cruise chat soon,
xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter