Magic - May 29, 2016 - 7 Night Norwegian Fjord

HI Everyone!
How are everyone's plans coming along? I just returned from the DVC Member Cruise - I booked the Transatlantic Cruise while on board so my Norway cruise will now be a BTB cruise! 3 weeks on the Disney Magic!!!!! Just took me complaining about the cost of airfare to London and DH asked if there was a cruise to the cruise and I said Of Course there is.... Now I just have to find airfare home!
{content edited by a moderator} I hope everyone is doing well - always happy to chat and share planning.
Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Everyone!
How are everyone's plans coming along? I just returned from the DVC Member Cruise - I booked the Transatlantic Cruise while on board so my Norway cruise will now be a BTB cruise! 3 weeks on the Disney Magic!!!!! Just took me complaining about the cost of airfare to London and DH asked if there was a cruise to the cruise and I said Of Course there is.... Now I just have to find airfare home!
I am also a person who is not on the external site that can not be named. I think the FE should be merged and it would be nice if both sites were aware of listing - otherwise we will be in the dark.
I hope everyone is doing well - always happy to chat and share planning.
Lynn
Lynn, how did you like the Broadway show? We saw it on the Alaska Member Cruise and thought it was the best show we've seen at sea.

Tidefan
The Broadway show was the only show I wanted to see - and that was the night we ate at Palo with our Tablemates and sad to say - We all missed the show! I heard it was a really great show! Just means I have to do another cruise to catch that show!! We had a very long very enjoyable dinner at Palo with our tablemates - we all had such a good time at dinner every night!
Lynn

Anyone interested in chatting or sharing their plans? I need to book my return airfare - I am thinking I will be flying Icelandic - they seem to have the best price. Then I need to figure out what we are doing in London - narrow it down from all our choices. I have a hotel room booked. I also need to figure out transportation from the port to London.
I do have my Fish Extender gift figured out! I have most of my supplies too! Will be starting them soon! Wish everything was that easy to figure out! I need to start shopping for a camera - I hate the one I have right now - Open for suggestions. I would like something light and not very big.
I hope everyone has a great week. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Lynn

Anyone interested in chatting or sharing their plans? I need to book my return airfare - I am thinking I will be flying Icelandic - they seem to have the best price. Then I need to figure out what we are doing in London - narrow it down from all our choices. I have a hotel room booked. I also need to figure out transportation from the port to London.
I do have my Fish Extender gift figured out! I have most of my supplies too! Will be starting them soon! Wish everything was that easy to figure out! I need to start shopping for a camera - I hate the one I have right now - Open for suggestions. I would like something light and not very big.
I hope everyone has a great week. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Lynn
What sort of cmera do you have at the moment ?

Hi
Another Brit just booked taking advantage of the half-term holiday. I am V. excited this will be our 12th Disney cruise. We are me DH and 2 DD they will be 12 and 9 when we cruise. They can not wait to be back on the Magic and are looking forward to seeing the new Tangled show. We would love to participate in the FE so please include on any lists. I look forward to hearing everyones plans

Hi Everyone!
First Disney Cruise, first time to Europe... I'm so excited! We usually vacation in WDW but have been so put off by the construction that we decided not to go back until they get some of that sorted out. I can't wait to learn from all of you!

Mr. Ferret
Sorry I was not on yesterday - I had a horrible migraine. Thank you for your help in my camera search - I am on my second Nikon Coolpix. My first one was great - I loved it - it worked great for years and took beautiful pictures - really hated to see it die. So I thought I would be OK to get another one - well I was wrong. This one is horrible - You can't see the screen when you are outside - so you are just guessing when taking a picture - and the pictures are not very good at all. I have not been happy with this camera at all. Maybe I got a lemon - I just don't care for this camera. My dh has a Nikon D3200 (I believe that is the size) - it is a little too big and heavy for me. It does take beautiful pictures.
What kind of camera do you have? I don't care much for using my Iphone for pictures either - but have been since I don't like my camera. My phone is rather old and I think a camera would take better pictures. Please let me know what you think and thanks again!
Lynn

Mr. Ferret
Sorry I was not on yesterday - I had a horrible migraine. Thank you for your help in my camera search - I am on my second Nikon Coolpix. My first one was great - I loved it - it worked great for years and took beautiful pictures - really hated to see it die. So I thought I would be OK to get another one - well I was wrong. This one is horrible - You can't see the screen when you are outside - so you are just guessing when taking a picture - and the pictures are not very good at all. I have not been happy with this camera at all. Maybe I got a lemon - I just don't care for this camera. My dh has a Nikon D3200 (I believe that is the size) - it is a little too big and heavy for me. It does take beautiful pictures.
What kind of camera do you have? I don't care much for using my Iphone for pictures either - but have been since I don't like my camera. My phone is rather old and I think a camera would take better pictures. Please let me know what you think and thanks again!
Lynn
I have had a few cameras and have always gone with canon.The previous was an eos350d which was a full dlsr with a variety of lenses.Great camera but I did start to find it too bulky so i "downgraded" to an EOS M mirrorless camera.Again it has a selection of lenses available but the whole unit is a lot smaller and more managable for me.I would say mirrorless is a great option to explore in any of the main brand names and would recomend trying out a few in the shop to find out which camera style/layout seems most comfortable to you.

How is everyone doing? Is everyone busy with their plans? I have been busy with my house and in doing so - broke my ribs! So I am on the sidelines for the next several weeks. Gives me plenty of time to do my research!
I booked my airfare last week - we are flying WestJet - We are flying in/out of Orlando and doing a couple of days at Disney - then taking SW home. Since we are doing the Transatlantic over - I just needed the airfare home. I now need to figure out how we are going to get from Dover to London. I think there is a train - but I have heard others talk about booking car service. Would love to hear what others are doing.
Lynn

I am so sorry about your broken ribs Lynn! Make sure you are not doing anymore "work around the house" when it gets time to go on the cruise!! We are using Coastal Cars to get from London to Dover - I'm quite sure they can do the reverse trip as well.

My husband and I will be on this cruise. We will also be on the trans-Atlantic prior to this one. After reading the posts and people planning on visiting London, one of my favorite cities, I will offer my advice using "London Guest Suites". They have flats to rent if you are staying more than just one day. They are usually close to metro and buses. I'm a Southern Californian and drive everywhere, but I found London mass transit easy to use and very affordable. This will be our 7th Disney cruise.

MeeskaMooska
Thank you for letting me know about the car service -I will check into them. I would rather use that than take the train. No I won't be cleaning like that EVER again - I am short and was laying across my kitchen counter to reach the corner to hang something back up after cleaning it - and that is how I broke my ribs - My DR said it is a very common way - leaning or laying across something - won't ever do that again - darn things hurt like heck and are so dang sore! I am not a sit around person and that is what I am having to do - I am SO bored - I have so much to do and can't get to it. Oh well - this will pass - I can catch up on my reading too!
I hope you are having a great week-end - Once Upon a Time is about to start - Favorite show of mine so I am going to go watch - Do you watch??
Have a great week!
Lynn

MeeskaMooska
Thank you again - I have my car service booked! Another thing checked off my list! Yeah! I am trying to get my list nailed down for everything I need to do. Checked with my bank Sun - they can order money for me - takes 4 weeks! I will need British Pounds for the driver when I get to Dover - so will order them here an figured I may as well order some Norway currency while I was at it and debating on Ireland. How are your plans coming along??
Lynn

Hi! Sorry that I'm not on the boards often. If there are any FE links/info you'd like me to add to the first post (well technically it's the second post) just let me know.

I'm starting to get really excited for the cruise even though it's still seems far away!

We fly into Heathrow the night before and have a one way car rental reserved to drive from the airport to Dover. Found a really good rate using a broker called Kemwel. We plan to sightsee along the way so should be fun. Staying the night at the Best Western at the port and just need to figure out the best way to get from hotel to port, I'm assuming a quick taxi ride will be the easiest.

After the cruise we're planning 3 nights in Paris (have 2 nights booked at Park Hyatt Vendome and keeping fingers crossed that availability opens up for the 3rd night, right now there are no more award nights available which is the only way we can possibly afford to stay there). Thinking we might do one day at Disneyland Paris as well. Then back into London to explore the city for 2 days before we fly home on the Friday after the cruise.

Still need to arrange London hotels as well as transportation back from Paris. And then on to excursion planning.... :)

Any further additions for the FE list.we are starting to figure out what to get everyone.

The lady that started the list hasn't been online ('seen') since the end of July... and I haven't seen any additions or further talk about merging lists? I think she had found another list somewhere. Do you happen to know if our FE list is still going ahead? I've been away from the boards from a while and might have missed something?

Hey Everyone!
How are everyone's plans coming along? I know I keep asking - I am hopeful that someone would like to chat and exchange information. I have never been to Europe or Norway - and just can't get enough information and I am super exited for this Cruise. We are getting so close now - 214 Days!!! it will be here before we know it! With the Holidays coming time will fly by and our cruise will be here. Things are booking up fast Shocking to believe - I booked a tour this morning in London that was booked Solid through April! Very little open slots in June - hard to believe! Seven months out - so lesson learned by me - I need to get booking.
I am going to go work on my list of things to book/review for the cruise. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Planning an Bookings!
Lynn

Hello!

We booked the cruise a couple of months ago but are only just getting around to thinking about organising things. I have added my husband and me to the FE list, I hope this one is still going ahead {content edited by a moderator}. As first time Disney cruisers we haven't taken part in a FE before, do we hope that the lady that started the list comes back to finalise things - I appreciate that we still have months to go but I don't like leaving things to the last minute. We haven't planned much else at present so not much to share (UK based so travel to Dover is hopefully not going to be too much of a problem) but are thoroughly enjoying reading the blogs to see others experiences of previous cruises.

Frances

Hi all... Port parking booked. Holiday insurance purchased. A new FE made. A very excited 7 year old. All things Disney are a-go in our house. This is our 3rd DCL cruise and our second time to Norway. We've been to all of the ports before on RCI and cannot wait to get back to Norway on the Magic.

Like Frankie_E said above, I hope the lady comes back soon and let's us know that this FE group is still going ahead as I would rather keep this FE to the confines of the Dis and to cap it at 10 cabins like discussed earlier in this thread. I'm excited to get started on gifts but am hesitant. {content edited by a moderator}

205 days to go :yay::yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter