• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic MAW trip for 6 in the works....

hello im new but ill be subscribing to your thread i am curently waiting for my dates after just meeting with our wish grantors today so excited to get to plan with you and also see how both our stories play out. EXCITING !!!!:goodvibes

Glad to hear that Gabbie is feeling better. We haven't got our final plans down, but we wanted to be there when my dd turned 6. I was hoping to be at MK on her birthday and have her hair and makeup done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique but that day is a MNSSHP day so the day would be cut short. So, I think I may end up having the family go to the MNSSHP. My wish boy's, wish is to set off fireworks, so I am not sure when they will plan for that. I can't believe how much you planned so far. My head is spinning. LOL!

Subbing!

Your kids are precious!
Thank you! and welcome!
Just stopping in to say hello! :goodvibes
Hello! Thanks for stopping by!
Glad to hear that Gabbie is feeling better. We haven't got our final plans down, but we wanted to be there when my dd turned 6. I was hoping to be at MK on her birthday and have her hair and makeup done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique but that day is a MNSSHP day so the day would be cut short. So, I think I may end up having the family go to the MNSSHP. My wish boy's, wish is to set off fireworks, so I am not sure when they will plan for that. I can't believe how much you planned so far. My head is spinning. LOL!

:laughing: I'm a planner...I keep repeating to myself, you can plan as much as you want now, but, when you get there, you are going to relax and let things happen. I'm on this AM believe it or not, because I was having a nightmare about packing. My son kept wanting to put his carryon inside his suitcase because it'd be easier to carry, he'd pull it out when we got to the airport. My husband wanted all the suitcases on the front lawn so they could air out while we packed. It was nuts!

So, of course, I got up and came here. That'll help right?

Anyway, for planning this week, I've been thinking about those cracks, and ways to fill them with special memories.

All three girls thought the perals in Japan sounded "really cool Mom" so I think we will add those. As for a special memory for my son, much harder. So far, his main interest is figuring out where all the rollecoasters are and planning on riding them as many times as possible!

I looked into the bibidity bobbity boo boutique....and I'm not sure about it. Gabbie's hair is starting to grow back a bit, but, it could fall out again, and its definately chemo hair. I also couldn't find any info about working wth black hair. Do they? Does anyone know? If they can't do the girls hair, not sure it would be worth it really.

Also, I've been reading through some trip reports, but have been unable to find anything aobut the birthday party at GKTW. Has anyone been??

Thanks! And, happy 4th of July!!

No MORE NIGHTMARES!!! This is going to be a fun, RELAXING time...for us all...we just need to remember to breathe and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience! Which I know you will...as for the BBB, they work with ALL hair types, even Chemo hair, although I have read some do the Harmony barbershop instead because of the sparse hair, they just "felt" better...You might post this question on the wish trippers thread so more people see it. :goodvibes

Thank you! and welcome!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

:laughing: I'm a planner...I keep repeating to myself, you can plan as much as you want now, but, when you get there, you are going to relax and let things happen. I'm on this AM believe it or not, because I was having a nightmare about packing. My son kept wanting to put his carryon inside his suitcase because it'd be easier to carry, he'd pull it out when we got to the airport. My husband wanted all the suitcases on the front lawn so they could air out while we packed. It was nuts!

So, of course, I got up and came here. That'll help right?

Anyway, for planning this week, I've been thinking about those cracks, and ways to fill them with special memories.

All three girls thought the perals in Japan sounded "really cool Mom" so I think we will add those. As for a special memory for my son, much harder. So far, his main interest is figuring out where all the rollecoasters are and planning on riding them as many times as possible!

I looked into the bibidity bobbity boo boutique....and I'm not sure about it. Gabbie's hair is starting to grow back a bit, but, it could fall out again, and its definately chemo hair. I also couldn't find any info about working wth black hair. Do they? Does anyone know? If they can't do the girls hair, not sure it would be worth it really.

Also, I've been reading through some trip reports, but have been unable to find anything aobut the birthday party at GKTW. Has anyone been??

Thanks! And, happy 4th of July!!

I am so sorry that I have to laugh about the nightmare :) I am not too sure about BBB, but I am sure they would do their best to cater to all kids. I bet if you do a separate post people would respond. Once we have our dates confirmed, I will start planning. The pearl sounds neat, but like you I need to come up with neat things for the boys. I was thinking my 7 year old may like Jedi training. My oldest like your boy is all about the roller coasters though....

Hello....little mini update!

Gabbie had a thats good thats bad week here. She finished her steroid treatment on Tuesday and the pain started. With this particular steroid, she hasnt had that symptom before. I hope and pray it was a fluke and wont become an every month thing for her :( I kept her on oxycodone every 4 hours until noon yesterday, as soon as it would start to wear off she would wince and ...last night she didn't complain of any more pain, and slept well! Hooray!

The strong pain meds are blessing, they allowed her to get through her entire physical therapy appointment this week, that was fun to watch, her PT person said, "wow! I think I've just met her for the first time" (We've been working with this particular PT persofor about 6 weeks.) It is fantastic to see her strength returning and along with that, her personality to shine. She took every activity and turned it into a story, it was a blast to watch. For one activity, she straddles a tube like thing and swings while throwing bean bags into a bucket...to help with balance....this was her horse...and it dawned on me, she has never seen a horse up close much less ride on one. I can't WAIT for her to have that experiece at GKTW!!!!!

Planningwise.....I did get appointments for the 3 girls at the bibbiddity bobbity boutique this week. We are going Monday Oct 17 in the afternoon. I was a little bit bummed all the AM appointments were filled. This day is my daughter Sophia's 7th birthday so I really wanted to get in that day. Sooo, I think we will for sure plan to stay for the electric parade that will be that night and the fireworks....can't take the beautiful girls home to early that night! I am planning on getting them costumes and bringing them with, Sophia LOVES LOVES Ariel (she's had Little mermaid parties for the past 3 years) but, finding a costume that works on her has proved difficult so far, Sophia isn't petite like her Ariel...and it seems all the dresses are super slim. Wish me luck! Hannah's favorite Disney princess is Mulan....who isn't depicted as princess like really. Another challenge! Couldn't they just like Cinderrella like their mother??? :cool2:

OK, here's what happens....

A person calls DW, make a few reservations and becomes OBSESSED with DW! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

We have reservations at the Crystal Palace, The Garden Grill and the Sci Fi drive in....BUT that last reservation may make us unable to go to Mayor Clayton BD party. Not sure if that is a must do, or not, so, will have to either skip the party or move days around.

HARD to make choices.

Did a little looking on Etsy today...MAN you could go nuts on there! :banana:

BUT, its a blast to plan. Last day without doc appointments for awhile so I'll need to get my head back to real world again. Darn!

Looks like you have an awesome start to your trip plans im going to attempt ahem attempt to make mine out although for some reason i think we wont be on track all the time an outline is for sure a good thing.

Looks like you have an awesome start to your trip plans im going to attempt ahem attempt to make mine out although for some reason i think we wont be on track all the time an outline is for sure a good thing.

Yeah, I know we won't be on track a lot of the time....I just want to have a firm outline of things that HAVE to be done so there aren't regrets. Then we can roll with the flow!

I'm currently researching BBB. I went ahead and made appts for the girls, although I'm not sure how that will work with my will be 7 year old who is black...I plan to have her hair in twists so they will be good for the week....and my wish child...her hair is growing a bit....probably about 1.5 inches all over...if it grows an inch a month...she'll have what...4 inches??? will they be able to work with that?? Then there is the 11 year old...she wants to do it too....but, finding her a something to wear...her favorite is Mulan...who isn't really princessy.....much research to be done! :)

I so want it to be a great day for them....my now 6 year old will turn 7 on that day! :wizard:

I looked up some info on your question about the boutique doing black hair and found some stuff.
A quote from one mommy: "Hi..on the question about the hair... Depending on the style you already have your kids hair in..there are plenty of things they could do. My daughter had her hair all braided before we left as I wanted her to be able to do everything for 8 days without having to worry about frizz, washing and all the typical issues "we" face. When I made the ressies..I asked about this over the phone.. they said they do all types. When I got there I decided that the cute ponytail with ribbons and braids woiuld be best for her..and matched her as close as possible. this is what the result was... also, it lasted about a week... and she loved it. I would suggest from experience- bring a shower cap in case it rains..this way her hair will stay just fine under a poncho and cap." If you want to see the pics, here's the link http://www.cafemom.com/group/188/forums/read/5043170/bippity_boppity_boutique_in_downtown_disney

And even better- a thread on the dis about it!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1404265
Hope that helps a little!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Xanphylus!! your links have put my mind to rest. After looking at the pictures in the links, I feel pretty confidant that they will have plenty of pixie dust to sprinkle on my girls and make them feel just beautiful!!

:dance3: <---- my 3 girls dancing their way into BBB.

It going to be a fabulous time! I can't wait!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Xanphylus!! your links have put my mind to rest. After looking at the pictures in the links, I feel pretty confidant that they will have plenty of pixie dust to sprinkle on my girls and make them feel just beautiful!!

:dance3: <---- my 3 girls dancing their way into BBB.

It going to be a fabulous time! I can't wait!!

No problem! :goodvibes They will have a blast! I can't wait until my DS is 4 and we take him to pirate league! :cool1: Have fun with the princesses!

OK, here's what happens....

A person calls DW, make a few reservations and becomes OBSESSED with DW! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

We have reservations at the Crystal Palace, The Garden Grill and the Sci Fi drive in....BUT that last reservation may make us unable to go to Mayor Clayton BD party. Not sure if that is a must do, or not, so, will have to either skip the party or move days around.

HARD to make choices.

Did a little looking on Etsy today...MAN you could go nuts on there! :banana:

BUT, its a blast to plan. Last day without doc appointments for awhile so I'll need to get my head back to real world again. Darn!

Your plans are looking good so far.

The Sci Fi Dine In is such a fun place. I think your kiddos will love it!

Although I know you will want to have plenty of time to spend at GKTW as well...planning is always a fun thing to do. I hope your DD continues to do as well as possible with her treatments.

Your plans are looking good so far.

The Sci Fi Dine In is such a fun place. I think your kiddos will love it!

Although I know you will want to have plenty of time to spend at GKTW as well...planning is always a fun thing to do. I hope your DD continues to do as well as possible with her treatments.

Definately want to have planety of time for GKTW...I think we will try to either spend mornings there or evenings.

I am kind of freaking out here with excitment.....

I emailed our MAW person to ask a question about making reservations and she told me that we have reservation for prepaid lunch at

Cinderellas Royal Table!!!!!!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I looked at that when I started doing planning and knew the kiddos would love it, but there was no way we'd be able to afford it most likely. and they get to GO! The girls especially are going to be so so so so so excited! Lunch with the princesses! Gabbie's wish is coming true 100%!!!!! I haven't told them, I want to surprise them I think...have to think how!

Unfortunately I couldlnt' get an earlier appt for BBB...so they will go to that after lunch...and the parade...ahh well. It'll still be a blast. The girls will be all dolled up and ready for the night fun as we plan to stay for the night parade and fireworks...have to have them see Tink fly about the castle! I'm honestly not sure who's more excited anymore! :rotfl2:

summer fun is happening here! Gabbie has been feeling pretty good so we have gotten to go and do this summer. One thing she talked about doing with Daddy this summer was fishing...she got to go and yes! she caught a good one! it was a fun time!!

Ready to go!
DSCN2832.jpg

The big one!
DSCN2847.jpg

Hannah caught one too!
DSCN2851.jpg

Sophia also caught one!
DSCN2859.jpg

The boys however came up dry this trip!

I promise at some point, I'll get someone to take a family picture of us....one of thise days!

Gabbie had the honor of being the honorary survivor at our area Relay for Life this year. She had a fantastic time with it. She seems to really love to be on the stage! :)

She had a great time welcoming everyone, leading us all in singing Happy Birthday, passing out balloons for the balloon release, being interviewed, and lastly riding in the pink golf cart to lead the Survivors Lap! Not to mention the games, food and friends just being there. It was a fun night and I'm soo so so glad that she was able to go and do. She's had increased issues with nerve pain as of late especially at night so I was so thrilled she was able to do this night! Here are some pictures of her.

DSCN2986-1.jpg

Singing Happy Birthday (big sister Sophia got to help too)

DSCN2996.jpg

The big interview....the interviewer was stumbling over her cancers name, and she helped him saying, "its just leukemia" :-)D Yeah, JUST that)
DSCN3011.jpg

Sorry this picture blurred, the light was dimming and my camera didn't want to keep up with the speed of the cart and the low light situation!

DSCN3030.jpg

I sure was proud of my girl.

This week she goes back to the clinic for more chemo and a lumbar puncture. We both hate those a great deal, they are getting hard to endure, not easier, makes me want to cry. The pain afterwards stinks too. I'm sure we'll be watching more Disney videos next weekend....they are great to keep our minds on other things!

Thanks for reading!!

How cool that she got to be the honorary survivor!!! That is really cool and I like how they involved your other daughter too. I bet she had a blast- looks like lots of fun in the pics. So does the fishing! :goodvibes

How cool that she got to be the honorary survivor!!! That is really cool and I like how they involved your other daughter too. I bet she had a blast- looks like lots of fun in the pics. So does the fishing! :goodvibes

They were so fantastic about including the other kids! She had a ball, and I was so happy she felt well and could enjoy all of it. She has had issue with nerve pain this month.

We are back to the clinic tomorrow. Ugh.

Now that I know how to get pictures up, I thought I'd put a few more to explain a little bit about Gabbie's journey!

This picture is taken one day after diagnosis, she was so puffy! We were all so stunned yet. Its weird to look at her with hair too, we're so used to her not having it now

DSCN2013.jpg

This picture is a pic of her port line....she has a port used for blood draws and IV chemo....the nurses sure were sweet and patient with us!
DSCN2011.jpg

Gabbie also underwent cranial radiation. This was so scary for her and I both. Gabbie completely plays off my emotions...and I do my best to keep it under control, calm and upbeat at all times. But this one, no matter how positive I tried to make it, she just wouldn't buy. All the specialsits in there were so sweet and kind to her, but she just could not relax. So, she needed to be put under each day. She would go under, I went to the hallway, and prayed for protection of my babies brain. Radiation treatment made her very sick too, she ended up on IV fluids to keep her going. I'll never forget gathering her and her fluid bag and running to the bathroom in the night. Gabbie has a bladder of steal, but fluids running in all night proved to be promblematic...and if she has an accident she completely freaks out and gets all mad at herself. It was a long long week for her and I both, I've never been so glad to be done with something in my life

DSCN2189.jpg

So, thats just a little more about us!

Gabbie had a lumbar puncture today (spinal tap) She no longer wants to go under for those, so I make up stories to whisper in her ear while she breathes in nitrous gas. Today Jasmine went camping with her magic carpet :) They will analyze the fluid taken for any leukemia cells...they also insert chemo... :( Good news her blood counts stayed steady...so hopefully they are starting to stabalize a bit. She won't need another spinal now until after Disney....HOORAY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter