Magic in NYC~June 2, 2012

Disney has added 3 New York hotels to be that you can link into your cruise reservation for a pre- or post- stay:

Westin New York Times Square
New York Marriott Marquis
Loews Regency Hotel

Of course you can stay wherever, it just won't be part of the package! :goodvibes:

Oooh, Brook where did you find this info? Do they have prices listed?

It's funny because my DH was in NYC last year and I knew he stayed in Times Square and I asked him where and it was the Marquis. So I looked it up and they want about $500 for that night before the cruise. That's a big OUCH for us! :faint: Will definitely check into the others.

I just have to ask. Did you go to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Discovery Times Square? I went with my goddaughters during April Vacation and it was fantastic! AND Carlos Bakery was opening up a counter there! No need to go to Hoboken! :rotfl2:

How funny! I was reading about Times Square last night and all about how Carlos has a bakery kiosk right in the Discovery Museum! I thought about KristiMc! And then I thought about the cannolis! :lmao: I thought how yummy, I mean, fun, it would be to stay right in Times Square! ;)

Was the museum nice? Any chance they'll have HP next year or is it a special exhiibit?

How funny! I was reading about Times Square last night and all about how Carlos has a bakery kiosk right in the Discovery Museum! I thought about KristiMc! And then I thought about the cannolis! :lmao: I thought how yummy, I mean, fun, it would be to stay right in Times Square! ;)

Was the museum nice? Any chance they'll have HP next year or is it a special exhiibit?

Unfortunately, the Harry Potter Exhibit ends on Sept. 5th of this year.
But the Bakery Kiosk will still be there! :woohoo:

Hello -

I had read a bit ago on the DIS that many cruise meets will create a Facebook group that is open only to the people on the cruise. It said that it is a great way for the fellow cruisers to get to know each other more.

I created a group (Disney Magic - June 2, 2012) if anyone is on Facebook and would like to join - please do.

Kristi

Hi Kristi,

I sent a request to join the group and didn't know if you approved it.
I'm Christina. My profile pic is with a dolphin from our last Disney Magic cruise.

Oooh, Brook where did you find this info? Do they have prices listed?

It's funny because my DH was in NYC last year and I knew he stayed in Times Square and I asked him where and it was the Marquis. So I looked it up and they want about $500 for that night before the cruise. That's a big OUCH for us! :faint: Will definitely check into the others.

It was released on the Travel Agent website yesterday - no prices or info listed, but yes, those hotels are PRICEY.

Hi Kristi,

I sent a request to join the group and didn't know if you approved it.
I'm Christina. My profile pic is with a dolphin from our last Disney Magic cruise.

Hi Christina,

Can you send the request again for the FB page. For some reason I am not seeing it. I saw Maria's request but then I didn't see Brook's either but I was already friends with her so I could add her. I messed around a bit so send again and I will see if you pop up.

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now
arg-4-50-trans.gif
arg-3-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City!

Thanks Brook. So with your experience, do you think they'll release any info soon or will it be awhile? Probably won't be able to stay at any of those anyway.

With Disney it is sadly very unpredictable. For other cruises they have a brief description of the hotel.

I don't even seen an option yet to add on a hotel stay. Looks like they have only released the info to the TAs....I'll keep an eye on it if I see any changes!

300 days until we set sail!

With Disney it is sadly very unpredictable. For other cruises they have a brief description of the hotel.

I don't even seen an option yet to add on a hotel stay. Looks like they have only released the info to the TAs....I'll keep an eye on it if I see any changes!

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

BTW, have fun on your upcoming trip!!! How exciting! :banana:

WHAT! My countdown shows 301 days? Is my ticker set wrong?

I just went to check our reservation and it says 300 as well!

Oh no, want to hear something funny?!!! We used your ticker as how many days for our countdown chain since mine is in months and days and math and me don't mix!!! It would be no big deal, but the girls actually counted the days on the chain and put in other special events like birthdays and Christmas. :laughing:

Oh well, no biggie... Will have to figure it out, but still happy to have 1 less day to wait!! :thumbsup2

I just went to check our reservation and it says 300 as well!

Oh no, want to hear something funny?!!! We used your ticker as how many days for our countdown chain since mine is in months and days and math and me don't mix!!! It would be no big deal, but the girls actually counted the days on the chain and put in other special events like birthdays and Christmas. :laughing:

Oh well, no biggie... Will have to figure it out, but still happy to have 1 less day to wait!! :thumbsup2

I double checked my ticker. It is 301 days today. Although today is almost over. Plus I did math. 7 days in a week, 43 weeks to go. 7 x 43 = 301. For some odd reason, the Disney site is always one day off. I don't know why. Maybe they don't count the day we board, and the tickers online do. That could explain it. But I like the idea of one less day! :banana:

I double checked my ticker. It is 301 days today. Although today is almost over. Plus I did math. 7 days in a week, 43 weeks to go. 7 x 43 = 301. For some odd reason, the Disney site is always one day off. I don't know why. Maybe they don't count the day we board, and the tickers online do. That could explain it. But I like the idea of one less day! :banana:

It could also have something to do with next year being a leap year. I think Disney does count the day we board. Someone posted that it just stinks that next year we have another entire day to wait because of leap year. :sad2:

Hi everyone..I'm wondering if anyone on this cruise has cruised out of NYC yet and if so.. how was it in terms of rough seas (if any) the first day or two? I've only been on one cruise and that was the Dream last month and the seas were very calm except for one evening at dinner there was a little movement.
Also great photos of the NYC Disney Store:goodvibes My son's office is right near there. His office is at 44th and 5th and I send him there for the new Disney candles.. I love them.
I'm not on Facebook so I'll be checking in here from time to time.

Hi everyone..I'm wondering if anyone on this cruise has cruised out of NYC yet and if so.. how was it in terms of rough seas (if any) the first day or two? I've only been on one cruise and that was the Dream last month and the seas were very calm except for one evening at dinner there was a little movement.
Also great photos of the NYC Disney Store:goodvibes My son's office is right near there. His office is at 44th and 5th and I send him there for the new Disney candles.. I love them.
I'm not on Facebook so I'll be checking in here from time to time.

We have sailed out of NYC several times. The waters are a lot rougher sailing out of NY. If we happen to hit any rain, watch out. My family and I are blessed that we never get seasick. I love the rocking of the ship. So if anyone sailing tends to get seasick, come prepared. Get the patch or some meds, you don't want to miss a moment of the cruise. Better safe than sorry. :)

We have sailed out of NYC several times. The waters are a lot rougher sailing out of NY. If we happen to hit any rain, watch out. My family and I are blessed that we never get seasick. I love the rocking of the ship. So if anyone sailing tends to get seasick, come prepared. Get the patch or some meds, you don't want to miss a moment of the cruise. Better safe than sorry. :)

Does it matter what time of year you sail? I figured the waters would be different than in FL. I will start praying now for no rain and smooth waters. Thanks for the heads up. I will plan on bringing a whole arsenal of seasickness prevents as I am prone to vertigo even on dry land!

That's what I was a bit worried about. A friend of mine got very sea sick on her way home from Bermuda while on her last sea day on a NYC cruise...I was hoping it was just her. We took over the counter seasick meds for our Dream cruise and had no problems. Maybe we'll get the patch for this cruise.

WHAT! My countdown shows 301 days? Is my ticker set wrong?

It could also have something to do with next year being a leap year. I think Disney does count the day we board. Someone posted that it just stinks that next year we have another entire day to wait because of leap year. :sad2:

Ah! You are probably right! I bet it's leap year. Darn!

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

BTW, have fun on your upcoming trip!!! How exciting! :banana:

Thank you! I can't wait! :hyper:

Great advice, thank you! :thumbsup2

That's what I was a bit worried about. A friend of mine got very sea sick on her way home from Bermuda while on her last sea day on a NYC cruise...I was hoping it was just her. We took over the counter seasick meds for our Dream cruise and had no problems. Maybe we'll get the patch for this cruise.

I went to Bermuda last year, when we left it was drizzling. The next day the seas were very rough because of a storm, they actually had to close the pool. The trip back wasn't bad at all. So I think it depends on the weather when cruising out of NY in the summer. Let's hope for fantastic weather next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter