Magic cruises Dover to Barcelona August 3-10, 2015

If you would like to join the FE and are not already signed up please PM me and I will add you to it and message you back any details you will need, We have small groups of 12 cabins an currently only have one group taking sign ups, we close for main sign up on the 29th of June but will be having a late comers/pixie dust group.

Hello Everyone.
Were a little late to the party, but we will be sailing down on Deck 2.

I am Steve, travelling with Carey my wife and our 2 boys George (6) and Oliver (20 months). This will be our 9th cruise, but the first for the littlest one.
Apologies in advance for anyone on deck 2 forward if baby decides he doesn't like it!

We are from the UK, living about 20 mins from Dover, so an ideal cruise. We can not wait to be back, its been far too long away.

Hopefully its not too late to join the FE.

Lol Steve, we are also deck 2 forward!.....Don't worry about younglings making a noise....it's a Disney Cruise...it will be full of children....children make noise! Don't worry!!! my two are 11 and 14 and they are noisy too! Lol

not long now! we are also from the UK, Bedfordshire and this will be our 16th cruise (15 for the kids) the majority have been back to back cruises(hence so many!) This is the 2nd time we have sailed out of Dover on the Magic and the first time in 3 years that we have cruised and boy have we missed it!

I know I am leaving it a bit late, but is the late comers / pixie dust FE group still open?
I have left a PM with Claire2015 but she hasn't been on-line for 2 weeks.

Hi my wife ,Liz and I are coming on this cruise, be aware that traffic conditions in the South east are horrendous due to disputes in France causing delays for ferry and tunnel traffic for Dover please keep an eye on it as it could effect your travel plans

Just to add more information to that. When the ferry and tunnel services from Dover are disrupted, the police will turn part of the M20, the main motorway to Dover, into a car park and places all none-freight traffic onto the less than ideal A roads. Over the last month it has been in operation far more frequently than normal due to a number of things including a build-up of freight traffic mid-week, the recent industrial disputes in France, the fact that the former MyFerryLink ferries have been blocking up berths in Calais, and the recent disruption to DFDS Seaways services.

There is no way to know if it will be in operation on the 3rd of August, or how much extra time to add to your journey. Last Saturday it took an extra 2 hours, last night an extra 10 minutes to travel the M20 diversion. There are alternate ways to get to Dover (such as the M2 then A2) which is the way I would go, but these would obviously be busy. I know that some of you have a coach booked. I would hope the driver would be on top of such things but it’s worth double checking and leaving a couple hours earlier than you would previously if operation stack is in place.

Unfortunately I live right smack bang in the middle of it. I will try to remember to post an update on the 2nd.

Just to add more information to that. When the ferry and tunnel services from Dover are disrupted, the police will turn part of the M20, the main motorway to Dover, into a car park and places all none-freight traffic onto the less than ideal A roads. Over the last month it has been in operation far more frequently than normal due to a number of things including a build-up of freight traffic mid-week, the recent industrial disputes in France, the fact that the former MyFerryLink ferries have been blocking up berths in Calais, and the recent disruption to DFDS Seaways services.

There is no way to know if it will be in operation on the 3rd of August, or how much extra time to add to your journey. Last Saturday it took an extra 2 hours, last night an extra 10 minutes to travel the M20 diversion. There are alternate ways to get to Dover (such as the M2 then A2) which is the way I would go, but these would obviously be busy. I know that some of you have a coach booked. I would hope the driver would be on top of such things but it’s worth double checking and leaving a couple hours earlier than you would previously if operation stack is in place.

Unfortunately I live right smack bang in the middle of it. I will try to remember to post an update on the 2nd.
Thank you for this information Steven. WE are on the group coach from London so hopefully our driver will be on top of it!

Hi! I'm not going on this cruise, but will be on a later cruise (actually in 2016) on the Magic.

I have a favor to ask if someone would help me.

A group of us are planning to do yoga in the mornings on sea days, and trying to figure a place to meet. We did this on the 2010 WBTA on the Magic, but that was on "secret" deck 7 aft, which no longer exists.

I'm thinking of trying deck 10, aft, just aft of Palo's, but am worried that (a) it's not big enough for a group of about 6-8 people, and (b) that it's too windy. I've been there, but can't remember enough about it.

Would someone on this cruise be kind enough to just check it out and let me know about these two things? I would be most appreciative!

Meanwhile, have a great cruise, y'all,
Richard

Last edited:
Can't believe it's almost time! We arrived Tuesday and have been touring...off to Paris for a whirlwind visit then will see you all on Monday....question....forgot to bring something to have cast members autograph...in the past have done shirts, pillowcases, and bags any ideas for sonething quick and easy? I would love to buy a photo mat but don't think I'll have time :(

if you want signatures you will have to make sure you do it on this cruise otherwise you will be out of luck! they are discontinuing the service from the end of our cruise...and that's across all the ships not just the magic!

I would think that your best bet is a photo mat if you can get one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter