Magic ~ 1/12/2013

Hi, just joined this forum! Super excited to be sailing on the Disney Magic January 12, 2013! My husband and I will be traveling with our two children, 21 year old son and 9 year old daughter. Any suggestions for us newbies??? Is there a meet and greet planned? Anyone have kids close to my children's ages?

Sorry to just get back on. We had a house riddled with Strep for almost a month but we are on the mend!! We are getting so excited!!! I am so bummed I missed the cutoff for FE but think it will all be so much fun anyways!!! Is anyone doing pillowcases or magnets for your door? Any other ideas to make the cruise extra special??

I ordered a pillowcase for my daughter with her name on it & the ship name, I need to get fabric pens for it still.

moonman2 said:
Hi, just joined this forum! Super excited to be sailing on the Disney Magic January 12, 2013! My husband and I will be traveling with our two children, 21 year old son and 9 year old daughter. Any suggestions for us newbies??? Is there a meet and greet planned? Anyone have kids close to my children's ages?

We are planning a meet and greet, not sure of time yet. Have you joined the FB page yet? We do have a couple of 18 year olds, and I think a couple of 9 year olds. We like to decorate our door with magnets. I do a lot of research here on the boards to be prepared, and to not miss much.

Just a bit of info here. I sat on hold with Disney a while today, and thought I've save others the time. The Movies in the theater for this cruise will be: Toy Story 3D, Tangled, Chimpanzee (?), The Avengers, Brave (both 2D and 3D), Frankenwiene, Lincoln, Monsters Inc 3D, Wreck It Ralph. (check navigators for days and times)

She read them fast, and at the time, I was only gleaning info for myself, so Avengers and Tangled may actually be in 3D or both. But, the names of the movies are correct.

Be sure to grab some cookies and a big soda poolside before heading to the movie theater, where drinks and snacks will be costly. I'm told you can walk right in with these.

Thanks so much for the movie info! I had been on hold for 30 minutes to ask about the movies when I saw your post!

We are doing the Rum Point Beach Adenture through DCL in Grand Cayman, but right now we are thinking of staying on the ship in Cozumel!

I'm new to cruising, but my Mom has been on many. I was planning not to get off the boat at Cozumel, Mex. as I don't think it is safe enough for my young boys. My Mom suggested to get off the boat, and just walk around the pier. She says there are many photo opts and you'll get to see lots of interesting sights. When you get to the end of the pier, just turn around and go back on the ship.

Hi All,

My family will be enjoying this cruise with everyone. We are a family of four with myself, the wife (aka Princess), daughter 17 (aka terror lol)(those of you with teen daughters get that nickname), and our 17 mo old daughter (aka Princess Buttercup)

We originally scheduled to cruise on Feb 23rd but had a change in plans. I understand the FE is closed but would still love to meet everyone. I requested to join the facebook group as well.

darling996 said:
Ok we are for sure booked!!! Put the money down!! So where is everyone coming from? We are in Minnesota and we saw some snow this morning so really looking forward to the Caribbean in Jan! :beach:

Arkansas!!

Hey Everybody!

I have perusing this site as well as others for the past several weeks. We are taking our first cruise with you!! We are driving down from Milwaukee, so we will be leaving a week from today. Just learned about FEs, so sad we missed out, but will know for next time. Looking forward to meeting everybody and joined the FB page!

We are Disney Fanatics, been to WDW at least every other year with our two children (12yo boy and 7 yo girl). Glad I read this thread because I did not know we had a formal night (in fact, I thought I read we didn't). Now I need to scramble!!!

See ya real soon! :cool1:

Hi everyone... we just booked this cruise... Nothing like booking at the last minute :rotfl2: Anything fun going on I should know about?

Hi everyone!

I am from the January 18, 2013 sailing on the Disney Magic. Just wanted to come on here--since you're the cruise right before ours--and say HI and HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!

And hope you guys saw there's a fog delay: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/whats-new/special-message/

Don't worry, you'll get there...just a bit of a delay is all.

Have a great cruise and see you when you return!! pixiedust:

Hope everybody had a great time!

I'm booked on 6 night May 4th cruise ... does anybody have navigators to share?

Also, when was Castaway Club reception (day, time)?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter